India’s first Omni-channel retail company focusing on building unmanned retail stores
- Building scalable and large scale web applications, and creating flexible solutions and integrations with other applications
- Independently drawing up milestones and ensuring completion as per the timelines
- Solving complex technical problems
- Keeping abreast of new developments in the technology as well as understanding the feature differences.
- Comfortable working in an intensive start-up culture with tight delivery cycles
Desired Candidate ProfileWhat you need to have:
- At least 1+ year experience in working with Ruby on Rails and minimum 4 years of experience with software development (Backend + Frontend)
- Extensive knowledge in testing frameworks like Rspec/ Cucumber/ Capybara
- Exposure to AngularJS a plus
- Worked with Frontend HTML5/ CSS development and integrating with mySQL/ PostGres Database
- Must have experience in creating flexible solutions and integrations with other applications
- A strong knowledge of web coding standards, licensing and best practices
- Must have experience in building scalable and large scale web applications
- Ability to manage the Servers and Databases
- Design & implement backend APIs
- Mentor junior developers technically.
- Actively work to reduce tech debt in the backend
- Work towards more stability & scalability of the backend
- Tech stack - Java, AWS, Aurora etc.
- 4-8 years of product company experience
- OOP implementation experience. Programming language does not matter. We use Java internally but have hired folks from non Java background.
- Hands on experience in SQL, Dynamo DB, Postgres etc preferred.
- Prior experience building REST APIs
- Advanced understanding of AWS stack
- Prior knowledge of solving problems at scale.
What will we be building together?
1K Kirana Bazaar (1K) is building Bharat's first hyperlocal offline-online distribution platform. Our aim is to provide the benefits of technology and scale to the underserved first time internet users of Bharat. We use the efficiencies of the existing kirana store network and empower them with a full technology stack to fulfill all needs of our consumers.
Over the next 2 years our goal is to transform the lives of millions of new age consumers of Bharat and at the same time make the lives of thousands of retailers more fulfilling! With our end to end integrated supply chain and technology stack, we are already disrupting the traditional supply chain and bringing in innovation and gamification to the traditional shopping and consumption process. The growth process will demand exploration of technologies like Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, IPFS, Distributed Computing, and IOT to name a few to fuel the idealistic model design for the making of an evolved #bharat. We visualise seamless access to every consumer or a mom & pop store in the deepest rooted corners of India.
What will you be driving with the team?
To build full-stack solutions for retail & supply chain from managing purchases to selling products to end consumers. You will work on solving some of the complex problems of the retail industry.
Your core responsibilities:
- Solve complex problems and follow good coding practices and complying with existing quality standards.
- Evaluate existing engineering processes and recommend improvements.
- Setup high-quality standards in production running code by performing diligent code reviews and rigorous unit test coverage.
- Brainstorm (sometimes, even prototype) features with the rest of the team based on your knowledge of the codebase.
- And of course, there's always bugs to fix, based on your personal experience or feedback from the team and the 1K community.
What will help you thrive in this role?
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred.
- 6 month+ experience in software development.
- Knowledge of programming languages.
- Should possess a solid grasp of object-oriented programming, data structures, and software design.
- Experience with AWS infrastructure and distributed systems is a plus.
- Highly developed attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
Whom you will be sharing your workday with?
We are a language-agnostic engineering team of independent thinkers who understand the priorities of a rapidly growing startup and excel at choosing high impact projects. Our core beliefs are:
- We are at the forefront of disrupting the traditional retail & supply chain industry by building distributed systems
- We are hardcore open source lovers and believe in the strength of the open-source community.
- We believe technology can change the way information is consumed.
- We use a data-driven approach to build new products and features.
- Build new tech solutions to improve business processes and enable our various departments to help service our teams better.
- We embrace and enable DevOps culture within the organisation.
And yes! We do have new furry friends coming to our office every day.
- Hybrid work environment with flexibility to work from anywhere.
- A great salary, commensurate with experience.
- Unlimited vacation policy which means Paid Vacations.
- A relaxed & flexible working atmosphere.
- Weekly parties (Unofficial).
- Paid outings to remote work locations and industry events/conferences.
- Paid Health Insurance for you and your loved ones.
- 2+ years of experience on Java, Spring Boot, Hibernate in medium to large-scale projects
- Must have experience with at least some flavours of both SQL (MySQL, Postgres) and NoSQL (Kafka, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, NoSQL distributed cache system, DynamoDB etc), datastores in production
- Must have experience with Kafka or similar message queue systems in production
- Stellar problem solving skills
- Hunger to learn new things and ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Ability to move quickly without breaking things too much (we are dreamers)
- Ability to work under immense pressure which is balanced by a sense of responsibility and ownership
- Should be able to groom juniors and take them to the next level
NodeJS Developer - Backend
T7E is an auto-focused mar-tech company run by a team of experienced professionals. They are well poised to solve some fundamental business challenges in the Indian automotive aftermarket, made up of an estimated 10 Lakh Mechanics, 1 Lakh retailers and over 1000 parts & consumables manufacturers. We are the only company in the market solving business challenges of mechanics & retailers by combining technology & human connect, in partnership with brands. ( www.t7e.in )
Experience: 3 - 7 years
Openings- Senior Software Developer
Job Location: Mumbai ( Mulund -West )
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Coding and operating node.js based services
- Participate actively in design discussions and defining the long-term architecture of the system.
- REST ful APIs and API Communications
Expected from candidate:
Ø Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it
- Hands on in application development using with NodeJs with Express framework, as the code-behind language and MariaDB(MySQL) and MongoDBas the Database data consumer
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
Ø Good understanding of server-side templating languages
Ø Understanding accessibility and security compliance.
- Ability to learn & develop using new technologies quickly.
Important Note - Please apply only who are with 1 Month Notice Period.
Timing - 9.30 to 6.30 - Monday to Saturday
write REST API,s and integrate with UI