- Working on the scalability, maintainability and reliability of the products
- Building modular and composable system components
- Above all, delivering value to users
Desired Candidate ProfileWhat you need to have:
- 4+ years of Software Development Experience
- Experience in building Web API based systems in Golang, Python, or Java backed by automated tests
- Experience in building modular monoliths or decoupled microservices
- Relational Data modelling skills, ability to think declaratively in plain SQL
- Experience with using Infrastructure as code tools like Terraform, Ansible etc.
- Experience with logging and monitoring tools
- Good understanding of Linux systems and Containers
- Understanding of CI/CD, software packaging and distribution
- Worked with Orchestrators like Kubernetes/Nomad/Docker Swarm
- Collaborate with other senior engineers, and management, to achieve optimal application architecture and design
- Develop efficient, secure applications, peer-review code, and document solutions within an agile-blended software environment
- Communicate proactively with team members, infrastructure, security, and quality assurance to continuously improve processes and engineering excellence
- Guide and train other developers in backend technology
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team spread over different time zones
- Understanding of object oriented programming skills and data structures
- At least 4 years of hands-on development in Java, Springboot & Hibernate
- Should have experience in Java Multithreading, microservices
- Experience with developing web applications
- Expertise with in Core Java (Collections, Exception handling)
- Experience with J2ee( Servlets, JSPs)
- Experience with all well known database technology and object-relational mapping, experience with databases (Mysql, Mssql)
- Knowledge and development background in web-services/REST, AJAX, JSON, and XML
- Experience with Windows and Linux based environments
- Experience with Maven and GIT tools
- Good to have – AWS experience and Fintech domain experience
- Awareness of Jenkins will be a value add
You, as a Java Engineer and member of this team, would be working on our new and existing projects for our credit, payments, business services, member engagement or financial crime areas. We have a five years roadmap ahead of us with exciting new features and we’ll need you to solve interesting problems. Your fellow team members will get you up to speed in your business area and will help you develop the skills so that eventually you are the one coaching other new joiners. Joining one of our expanding agile teams, you will be required to work closely with product owners, mobile engineers, and other business members to translate requirements into well-engineered solutions.
You will ideally join our backend Community of Practices, learn from them and eventually propose your own to maintain a high quality across the backend. Career progression is as important to you as it is for us. With our expanding teams and business we will encourage you to outgrow your initial responsibilities. This role offers an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference with responsibilities across engineering practices in a rapidly expanding company!
About the Tech
Technology and our people is what makes Tide possible. We work in autonomous teams where backend, iOS, Android, web, QA, DevOps, agile coaches, data experts and product owners solve difficult problems together to get the job done. We self-organise and discuss technical challenges and set our own guidelines in the different Community of Practices.
On the backend we see Java 8 as legacy and use Java 11+ for our micro-services. We provide RESTful APIs to our colleagues in the frontend, but also use gRPC for internal service-to-service communications. Spring Boot is our work horse, but we are open to new experiments. We are cloud-native and run everything on AWS. You’ll see containers (Docker), queues (SNS+SQS) and events everywhere. The nature of our business naturally fits with relational databases, but we have also found some use cases for NoSQL.
Our frontends have done an incredible job at consuming our APIs and providing the best UX to our members. They are fully native Android and iOS apps or Angular 2+ web apps. DevOps provides vital infrastructure and operations support.
We’re an international scale up, we’re busy! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- Good commercial experience building server-side applications and detailed knowledge of the relevant programming languages for your stack (i.e Java 8 or newer).
- Sound knowledge of a Java backend framework (e.g. Spring/Spring Boot).
- Exposure to microservices and implementing and consuming RESTful APIs.
- A mindset of delivering secure, well-tested and well-documented software.
- Experience with relational databases.
The highly desirables:
- Exposure to continuous integration, delivery and deployment.
- Some experience integrating to third parties.
- Comfortable working in agile methodologies, ideally Scrum.
- Exposure to common development tools such as IntelliJ, Git, Jira, etc.
Tide is the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest growing FinTechs in the UK. That’s not an unfounded boast - we have over 200,000 members (what we like to call our customers, over two percent market share, and have raised over £120m in funding.
SMEs have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in. With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for, winner of Best Use of Technology (Growth Finance Awards); Best Banking Provider (Contracting Awards); Innovative Product of the Year (Growth Finance Awards) and we’re listed in the Top 100 FinTech Disruptors and The Startups 100. And that’s just for 2019.
Hands-on experience developing and running large scale distributed applications, service-oriented architectures, and reliable monitoring and deployment infrastructure.
Language : JAVA
J2EE Technologies : JDBC, Hibernate ,REST API ,WebServices
Frameworks : Springboot, Multithreading
Database : MySQL, NoSQL
Application Server : JBoss, Wildfly, Tomcat
Tools : Eclipse, Maven
Other technologies : Mule ESB,JSON,XSLT, EDI,XML.
Methodologies : Agile, Waterfall
- Assist in the Identification and troubleshooting of application code-related issues
- Developing appropriate caching layers for scale and performance of database systems.
- Responsible for API Design, API Development, API Integrations and Microservices Management.
- Manage programming and design evolution across multi-generation product releases.
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Design and build reusable and reliable software
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
I came across your candidature and want to discuss on a suitable role with us.Please find below JD and do reply with updated resume. Software Development Engineer – SDE 2. Bengaluru/Hyderabad/Gurgaon/Chennai/Pune As a Software Development Engineer at Amazon, you have industry-leading technical abilities and demonstrate breadth and depth of knowledge. You build software to deliver business impact, making smart technology choices. You work in a team and drive things forward. Top Skills You write high quality, maintainable, and robust code, often in Java or C++ or C# You recognize and adopt best practices in software engineering: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, and operations. You have experience building scalable software systems that are high-performance, highly-available, highly transactional, low latency and massively distributed. Roles & Responsibilities You solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context. You develop pragmatic solutions and build flexible systems that balance engineering complexity and timely delivery, creating business impact. You understand a broad range of data structures and algorithms and apply them to deliver high-performing applications. You recognize and use design patterns to solve business problems. You understand how operating systems work, perform and scale. You continually align your work with Amazon’s business objectives and seek to deliver business value. You collaborate to ensure that decisions are based on the merit of the proposal, not the proposer. You proactively support knowledge-sharing and build good working relationships within the team and with others in Amazon. You communicate clearly with your team and with other groups and listen effectively. Skills & Experience Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or relevant technical field. Experience in software development and full product life-cycle. Excellent programming skills in any object-oriented programming languages - preferably Java, C/C++/C#, Perl, Python, or Ruby. Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability. Proficiency in SQL and data modeling.
As a Lead Backend Engineer , you will be responsible for designing and deploying scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems for Radiusagent. Experience as a Tech Lead, managing tasks with back-end engineers while coding themselves will be a bonus point for the ideal candidate.
Responsibilities will include-
- You will contribute to all aspects of an agile software development lifecycle including design, architecture, development, documentation, testing, and operations.
- You will build cutting-edge scalable systems by writing simple and efficient code.
- You will push your design and architecture limits for new product development.
- You will ensure compliance with the build/release and configuration management process.
- be able to design and build modules from ground up
- experience with mysql/postgres/mongodb/couchdb
- experience with redis/memcached
- experience with rabbitmq / kafka
- experience in having written cron jobs, troubleshooting downtime
- ability to work with ambiguous requirements
- good understanding of OS concepts
Nice to haves:
- experience with managing VMs' on aws/gcp/digitalocean
- experience with docker/kubernetes
- experience elasticsearch or lucene
Role: Senior Software Developer
Experience: 3-6 years of experience.
Work Location: Bangalore
Job responsibility The Software Developer contributes, to create a customer’s solution, in the building phase of the software development life cycle. The Software Engineer is responsible for performing the detailed design of application and technical architecture components and classes in accordance to the specification provided by the Solution Architect, for coding of SW components, and for the early testing phases (component testing), and system testing support
Must Have skills: Java/J2ee, SQL, Web services, Spring Boot, Elastic search
- Hands on experience in Java, Python, scripting
- Design, implement, deploy and support web-based applications and web services using server technologies stacks that include Java, MySQL
- Experience in Java/J2EE using web frameworks Play or Spring boot, REST API Development and ORM (JPA, Hibernate eBean etc.)
- In depth knowledge of Design patterns and Data structures
- Databases - MySQL, Oracle, SQL
- Solid understanding of concepts like Web Services, SOA, REST APIs, Message Queue, Caching, Distributed/Scalable Architecture
- Secure application development best practices, such as OWASP
- Document and maintain all design documents and involve in review process.
- Experienced problem solving and debugging skills.
- Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in Agile methodology is added advantage
- Knowledge of Cloud Knowledge /Azure
- Must know about Unix knowledge
- experience in Elastic search
- Spend most of your time developing brand new software in Python
- Build out a secure data replication infrastructure to replicate transactional data across a hierarchical system
- Build out APIs for supporting a fleet of 20k devices
- Build out a configurable data analytics and reporting framework
- Build out real time dashboards for getting a high level and deep dive view of the overall system
- Be responsible for independently designing and building out modules of the overall system
- Work with a team of smart peers and take ownership of the resulting system
- Push yourselves, create impact, learn and grow as an engineer