- 3 -7 years of software development experience.
- Good grasp on programming fundamentals including OOP, Design Patterns and Data Structures.
- Excellent analytical, logical and problem-solving skills.
- Software Development Engineer.
- Good understanding of complexities involved in designing/developing large scale systems.
- Strong system design skills.
- Experience in technologies like Elasticsearch, Redis, Kafka etc.
- Good knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases.
- Familiarity with common machine learning algorithms. In-depth knowledge is a plus.
- Experience of working with big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Hive is a big plus.
- Ability to understand business requirements and take ownership of the work.
- Exhibit passion and enthusiasm for building and maintaining large scale platforms.
Media.net is one of the Top 5 largest ad technology companies that provides advertising solutions to the largest and best know publishers (New York Times, Forbes, MSN, etc...) worldwide.
Engineering Manager – Backend
Opportunity in this role / Why should you join us?
Series D funded supply chain startup.
- Software engineering experience of greater than or equal to 7 years
- Experience managing a technical team of at least 3 people
- Exposure to consumer facing products
- Strong technical background and ability to contribute to design and review
- Familiarity with our tech stack or an analogous tech stack
- Web application frameworks : Ktor, Spring Boot, Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Java Play, AWS Lambda
- Datastores : PostgreSQL, Aerospike, Redis, DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift
- Communication : HTTP, Amazon SQS, Sidekiq, Amazon SNS
- Server management : Amazon ECS, Docker
- Design frameworks : Domain Driven Design, Clean Architecture, Layered Architecture
Roles and Responsibilities
This role requires a person to drive the engineering of a set of products by aligning with business and product
stakeholders and building and upskilling a team to aid in this. The responsibilities include:
Business and product alignment and planning
- Work closely with business and product stakeholders to understand and align with product initiatives and iterations.
- Help shape the engineering requirement by aligning with the product manager and fleshing out concepts and user flows.
- Formalize business requirements into roadmaps and sprints.
- Product and system development
- Drive high level modeling and design for projects, also focusing on non-functional aspects, including but not limited to database design, communication protocols, deployment systems, etc.
- Drive adoption of design frameworks like domain driven design, clean architecture, etc., resulting in a robust layered architecture.
- Drive good code review practices, using the review process as a mentoring tool to upskill people.
- Ensure test coverage of systems, partly through unit and integration testing, and partly through blackbox testing by collaborating with the Quality Assurance team, via good testing practices.
- Project Management
- Drive the execution of the project by delegating tasks effectively.
- Resolve blockers through technical expertise, negotiation and delegation.
- Estimate timelines and ensure adherence to them through effective sync-ups and course corrections.
- Formulate SLAs and oversee their adherence for the various systems, effectively tracking issues and performance inefficiencies.
- Performance monitoring and optimization for systems.
- Drive technical re-design, remodeling and refactoring of systems for robustness and sustainability.
- Team Management
- Typically manage a team of 3 - 6 members and a portfolio of 3 - 6 products.
- Do periodic assessment of reportees, chart their career growth paths and train them.
- Recruit members into the team by collaborating effectively with the recruitment team.
You will be contributing to products concerning both customers and partner drivers. Product sectors
- Growth : You’ll build tools to help boost user growth on the platform including our industry bestdriver on-boarding, training and certification system, referral system, and lead managementmmodels.
- Lifecycle Management : Build tools to help users engage with the platform better, which includes rewards and recognition module, subscription service, account management tools, partner and customer wallets and payout modules, and churn detection systems among others.
- Transaction Experience : You’ll help deliver the most delightful booking experience to our customers and drivers. As part of this team, you’ll be responsible for our core booking system, pricing and payment systems, location tracking and filtering services, fraud prevention systems, and in-app ticketing and support among others.
- Fulfilment : As part of the fulfilment team, you’ll work on systems which ensure high degree of ride fulfilment on the platform. Tools including allocation methodologies and system, dynamic pricing, dynamic partner routing, and partner re-activation tools among others.
- Enterprise Solutions : You’ll help Porter’s enterprise customers achieve delivery excellence. You’ll build tools for contract management, fleet management, fleet and route optimisation tools, alerting and monitoring tools, and analytics suite among others.
- Delivering a complete backend solution working on Core Java and Spring Boot
- Ensuring high performance by writing efficient queries on MariaDB and MongoDB
- Coordinating the workflow & business logic between frontend and backend team
- Design and develop RESTful API which are stable, secure and scalable
- Communicating with external web services for 3rd Party tools and services integration
- 3+ years of experience and proficiency with Core Java and Spring Framework.
- Deep knowledge of RDBMS and Non-SQL DB technologies
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and classes
- Hands on knowledge of Jenkins, GIT
- Writing non-blocking code, and resorting to advanced techniques such as multithreading, when needed
- AWS knowledge a big plus
1. Good knowledge and hands on experience in Java development with.
2. Good knowledge of Java and J2EE internals (Multi threading, Memory Management, Transaction
3. Good knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
4. Working experience in developing web applications using Spring MVC or Spring Boot.
5. Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills is a must.
6. Able to write well-structured, testable, efficient code.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated java backend developer to engineer low latency
applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance. You will be
contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle, and will be working closely with a cross-functional
team to create highly scalable products.
Salary: As per Industry Standards
Industry: IT-Software / Software Services
Functional Area: IT Software - eCommerce, Internet Technologies
Role: Backend Engineer
100ms is building a Platform-as-a-Service for developers integrating video-conferencing experiences into their apps. Our SDKs enable developers to add gold standard audio-video quality conferencing with much faster shipping times.
We are a team uniquely placed to work on this problem. We have built world-record scale live video infrastructure powering billions of live video minutes in a day. We are a remote-first global team with engineers who've built video teams at Facebook and Hotstar.
100ms' Platform-as-a-Service will reduce shipping live conferencing application time to days instead of months, allowing companies to focus on their core business.
We are looking for a few young software engineers to join our team, explore new technologies and solve cutting-edge technological problems.
As a software engineer(backend), you will be responsible for design, development and scalability of our backend platform.
- Design and development of backend services
- Scalability, Reliability and Security of the applications
- End to end ownership of the features and modules
- Articulate complex architecture problems, drive engineering excellence and collaborate with a cross-functional team
- Help scale our platform to support billions of minutes a day across thousands devices around the world
- Share technical practices, build development teams, and improve workflows
- Contribute to open source as we set the standards for video conferencing
- Mentorship of other team members
- Bachelor's degree in (Computer Science/Information Technology) or equivalent practical experience
- At least 1-4 years of experience as Software Engineer/Developer
- Experience in building scalable applications
- Understanding of OOPS concepts, threading
- Experience in building RESTful APIs with monitoring, fault tolerance and metrics
- Proficient in Go or Python or any other server side programming language
- Knowledgeable in data structures and algorithms
Good to have:
- Experience with video conferencing, Sockets, WebRTC, and realtime communication
- Experience with Video Streaming, HLS, Dash.
- Prior experience with AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Hands on experience with Kubernetes
- Ability to take on complex and ambiguous problems
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically
- Strong inclination to keep up-to-date with latest trends, learn new concepts, or contribute to open-source projects and would be eager to talk about ideas in internal or external forums
- You'll be part of a small team at a fast-growing engineering-first startup
- You'll work with engineers across the globe with experience in video at places like Facebook and Hotstar
- You can grow as an individual contributor or as a team leader - freedom to set your own goals
- You'll work on problems at the cutting-edge of real-time video communication technology at massive scale
EXPERIENCE: 7 to 9 years in Java 2 Enterprise server side development. Must have applied knowledge of design patterns needed for building REST APIs and services for performance and scale.
- Problem Solving and application of Object Oriented principles to development
- REST API development using Java, JAX-RPC,
- Server side development using Java, Spring Boot, Node.js
- Concurrent programming with Java
- Database programming in SQL with Oracle, MySQL or other RDBMs.
- Deployment to AWS and Kubernetes and building with Maven
- Affinity towards server side development
- Ability to understand existing code and re-engineer/re-factor/redesign.
- Written and spoken English communication and articulation.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Working knowledge of GO Lang and Python scripting
- AWS Certifications
- Working knowledge of Elastic Search based persistence and search
- Secure coding practices
EDUCATION: Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Technology or related disciplines.
You’ll spend time on the following
Developing high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance.
Write maintainable/scalable/efficient code.
Contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle.
Continue to innovate and build solutions to support business growth and launch new features.
Object-Oriented Analysis and design using common design patterns.
Given a fuzzy product requirement, work with other stakeholders, product to understand & refine the requirements and change them to tech requirements
Work in a cross-functional team, collaborating with peers during entire SDLC.
Managing the developed applications and live support.
We’re Excited About You If You Have
Excellent coding skills in Java/J2EE
Strong problem-solving skills, data structures and algorithms.
Have experience in building and maintaining large scale web applications in service-oriented architecture.
Good Understanding of Java 8 with proven hands-on skills
Experience in Spring Framework - Spring Boot, Spring Data, Spring REST
Experience in Spring Reactive
Good understanding of SQL and MYSQL
Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Understands version control branching strategies
Understands different major language paradigms (object oriented / functional /reactive)
Understanding of AWS is a plus
Can reason about complexity of algorithms (time and space)
Can debug code at ease and ensure quality code is produced
Good verbal and written communication skills
- 9+ years development experience in JAVA (using OO Design and Analysis, Design Patterns, etc.)
- High experience in Java 8 Required.
- 4+ years’ experience building highly scalable, distributed and reliable Restful Web Services using Spring, Jersey, etc.
- Should have knowledge on Cloud applications preferably on AWS.
- Experience with relational DBs like MySQL and NoSQL Database like MongoDB, Solr/Lucene will be a plus.
- Experience with Tomcat, Jax-RS, REST, JPA, IntelliJ, Groovy, Hibernateis must.
- Experience with build technologies like Gradle, Jenkins will be a plus.
- Experience with Test Driven Development using TestNG/Junit testing frameworks.
- Experience working with version control like GIT.