➢ Design, implement and enhance new components of the Livspace design
platform and content management platform
➢ Design new features for the e-commerce properties and front-end products
and mobile apps
➢ Maintain engineering infrastructure
➢ Have significant impact on current and future technology roadmap
➢ Contribute creatively in strategic products that will reach large audience
➢ Build a web product that users love.
Who you are:
➢ You earned B.Tech or equivalent degree in computer science or related
➢ You have at least 3+ yrs of experience working with large scale web
➢ You can learn new technologies quickly
➢ You have strong communication and collaboration skills
➢ You have prior ownership of the delivery of an entire feature/subsystem
You know your way around these:
➢ Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP
➢ Object oriented programming with Java/Python/Ruby
➢ HTTP and REST web services
Livspace is India’s trusted interior design and renovation platform that connects interior designers, homeowners and vendors. For homeowners, Livspace is their one-stop destination for all things interiors. For interior designers and vendors, we’ve streamlined their workflow from design all the way to delivery through powerful and innovative technology.
We’re currently in nine Indian metro areas. We’ve made over 20,000 customers happy by delivering their dream homes to them. With over 3,500 interior designers on board, we’re the largest design community India has seen. We employ over 2000 passionate individuals who continue to grow and be a part of this exciting journey.
If you value autonomy, enjoy challenges, believe in getting things done and can work with minimal supervision, come join us.
JD: Strong in Core Java, Multithreading, Data Structures
Location: Bangalore /Mumbai
The candidate should have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in any engineering, scientific, or quantitative field and should have a soundtrack record in software design and development.
candidate should have 4 to 8 years of relevant experience.
candidate should have strong computer science fundamentals (data structures, collections, multithreading, algorithms, distributed development, OOPs concepts).
Experience of working in a technology team within a financial organization is preferable.
The candidate should be a proactive individual with experience working in a fast-paced environment and have strong verbal and written communication skills.
The knowledge of Market Risk and/or pricing and Risk systems is desirable.
The candidate should be able to manage multiple tasks in a demanding and changing environment.
Experience of working in a globally distributed team would be beneficial
We are building for the future of work by changing the way the world looks at information and data paradigms. The Meaning Engine by India-based Needle Innovision enables building solutions by processing meaningful data out of anything stored anywhere - structured, unstructured data types, distributed, at scale and more.
In our quest to do more, we are looking for a fantastic Java Tech Lead to join us in a hybrid setting from New Delhi. Below are some (seriously important) green flags that we are looking for from you:
🟢 Ability to build and repeat the vision, not just work on tasks in the new phase of your career
🟢 The excitement to architect awesome products and resilient teams
🟢 Preparedness to move into enterprise-ready environments
🟢 Build team motivation, delegate smartly and create a career path
This could be an awesome launching pad for someone who enjoys working towards big-picture goals, has a keen interest in leadership, and has a deep understanding of Java technologies. Our teams are sustained on values of care and we offer a generous number of vacation days, the opportunity to craft your calendar with flexible schedules and very soon an insurance plan for you and your loved ones. We offer a starting salary range of 10-14LPA.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with the client to understand problem statements and provide solutions for the same.
- Explain client requirements to the project team and plan and delegate work requirements
- Ensure the applications are released to production in the committed timeline
- Work with the QA team to ensure the code developed by the team passes the necessary quality check.
- Document application changes and development updates
- Set and evolve standards and best practices for our application development team
- .Guide and mentor junior developers and engage in regular learning activities
- Oversee development process compliance and CI activities.
What you will bring:
- 4 years minimum detail-oriented experience as a Senior Software Engineer.
- Experience in client interactions and/or are looking forward to doing that (preferred if, you have worked in B2B application development for large enterprises 🟢)
- Prior experience of at least one large project with a few people under your belt. (🟢)
- Expert-level knowledge of Java, Spring Boot, Oracle/Postgres.
- Expert-level knowledge on one or all of Hibernate/JPA/MyBatis.
- Experience in RESTful services and fundamentals of MVC architecture.
- Experience in working with and configuring web and application servers, such as Apache/Nginx/Tomcat.
- Proficient understanding of build tools, such as Maven/Gradle and code versioning tools, such as Git/SVN.
- Ability to review specifications documents and provide technical inputs on successfully implementing business solutions.
As a Java Tech Lead, you would be expected to understand business requirements, represent Needle to external stakeholders, and have experience in working in agile teams.
If leading a squad that implements digital transformation solutions at the intersection of data science and AI excites you, and if our awesome bite-sized team inspires you to be a part of our quest, we think you could be the one to help build the impact, we are looking to building here.
This is a role in the professional services Team which is responsible for customizations and building tailor-made customer solutions. The role graduates into Senior Product Engineer once the prospect gains knowledge on PHP, Database among other skillsets. The Team consists of high performing individuals and the role has high growth potential.
- To design and implement customizations like CRMs, IVRs, Reports and Automation modules.
- Customer interaction and requirement gathering and product consultancy.
- Requirement analysis and preparing the scope of work.
- To provide technical and services and solutions to the customers.
- To guide the onsite resources in implementing customized product features at the customer end.
- To test the customized solution in house and certify them for implementation.
- Excellent analytical skills and a high level of aptitude.
- Linux knowledge - basic commands. , Experience in Linux / Unix system configuration
- Knowledge of networking concepts like LAN Troubleshooting, WAN etc,
- Expert knowledge of scripting languages like PHP, Ajax, Java Scripts, Shell Script etc. & Database Postgres / MySQL / Oracle / MSSQL etc.
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled Lead Backend Developer who can understand both the engineering and business context in a technical ecosystem and manage the software development life cycle, from planning and prioritizing to testing and release. If you have hands-on experience developing large scale web applications in Java with spring, hibernate frameworks and are ready to lead a team of developers, we'd like to meet you.
- 5+ years of software development experience including 4+ years of deep, hands on experience in building highly scalable web-based backend applications using Java and Spring ecosystem
- BE/BTech in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Great problem-solving skills with solid data structures and algorithms knowledge
- Has extensively used the Spring ecosystem – Spring Boot, REST API Development, ORM tools like Hibernate
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Class loading, Multi-Threading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
- Experience of coaching and mentoring junior developers with good delegation and time-management skills
- Implemented CI/CD in any of the projects done
- Strong understanding of Agile and Lean software development processes and practices
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience of Elastic Search
- Has designed relational databases; conversant with SQL
- Knowledge of Jenkins/ Docker and Devops
- Knowledge of Redis or similar technology
- Worked with some or all of these AWS services: EC2; lambda; SQS/SNS; Elastic Search, Transcoder
- Understanding and experience of building services and applications using principles of service-oriented architecture, preferable using REST or SOAP
- Contributed in the creation of end-to-end automation tests (functional or non-functional)
- Worked with WebSocket, Push notifications etc
- Experience in ELK stack
- Knowledge of Video tools like FFMPEG, Wowza / Node Media Streaming
- Understanding of different video formats, streaming, CDN etc
- Understanding of Machine Learning Models, Pipelines etc
- 5 to 8 years of hands-on experience in automating MS Office applications like Excel, Word, PPT and Outlook using VBA
- 5 plus years of experience in the design, development, and implementation of programming code
- Experience in database development
- VBA - Should have good experience in developing efficient logic/algorithms using VBA
- Solid understanding of SDLC concepts
- Solid experience in MS Excel (2003, 2007, 2010, 2013,2016)
- Must be good at all excel features and excel formulas
- Well versed with complete MS Office package (Excel, Word, Outlook, PPT)
- Work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience in requirements gathering, effort estimate, designing and implementation, and creating mock-up screens
- Experience in databases like MS SQL Server(2005 to 2012,2014), MySQL, and MS Access
- Must have strong database concepts and DB designing skills
- SQL - must be good at writing efficient, fine-tuned queries using joins and aggregates
- Experience in writing Stored procedures, Triggers and T-SQL
- Nice to have programming knowledge in C# coding should be MANDATORY
- working with C# DLL development and integration with Excel VBA
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Should be able to take complete ownership of the project from requirements gathering to delivery and maintenance
- Should be able to work independently
- Must be Proactive and Self-motivated
- Must have the ability to prioritize the work, execute tasks and meet the deadline without fail
- Effective time management skills
- Customer Focus, Willing to learn and self-teach any new technology
- Strong business and collaboration skills, and responsive to service needs and operational demands
Data Platform engineering at Uber is looking for a strong Technical Lead (Level 5a Engineer) who has built high quality platforms and services that can operate at scale. 5a Engineer at Uber exhibits following qualities:
- Demonstrate tech expertise › Demonstrate technical skills to go very deep or broad in solving classes of problems or creating broadly leverageable solutions.
- Execute large scale projects › Define, plan and execute complex and impactful projects. You communicate the vision to peers and stakeholders.
- Collaborate across teams › Domain resource to engineers outside your team and help them leverage the right solutions. Facilitate technical discussions and drive to a consensus.
- Coach engineers › Coach and mentor less experienced engineers and deeply invest in their learning and success. You give and solicit feedback, both positive and negative, to others you work with to help improve the entire team.
- Tech leadership › Lead the effort to define the best practices in your immediate team, and help the broader organization establish better technical or business processes.
What You’ll Do
- Build a scalable, reliable, operable and performant data analytics platform for Uber’s engineers, data scientists, products and operations teams.
- Work alongside the pioneers of big data systems such as Hive, Yarn, Spark, Presto, Kafka, Flink to build out a highly reliable, performant, easy to use software system for Uber’s planet scale of data.
- Become proficient of multi-tenancy, resource isolation, abuse prevention, self-serve debuggability aspects of a high performant, large scale, service while building these capabilities for Uber's engineers and operation folks.
What You’ll Need
- 7+ years experience in building large scale products, distributed systems in a high caliber environment.
- Architecture: Identify and solve major architectural problems by going deep in your field or broad across different teams. Extend, improve, or, when needed, build solutions to address architectural gaps or technical debt.
- Software Engineering/Programming: Create frameworks and abstractions that are reliable and reusable. advanced knowledge of at least one programming language, and are happy to learn more. Our core languages are Java, Python, Go, and Scala.
- Platform Engineering: Solid understanding of distributed systems and operating systems fundamentals such as concurrency, multithreading, file systems, locking etc.
- Execution & Results: You tackle large technical projects/problems that are not clearly defined. You anticipate roadblocks and have strategies to de-risk timelines. You orchestrate work that spans multiple teams and keep your stakeholders informed.
- A team player: You believe that you can achieve more on a team that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Business acumen: You understand requirements beyond the written word. Whether you’re working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of customers, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience.