Advanced proficiency in MEAN Stack (NodeJS, MongoDB, Express, Angular JS)
Proficiency and hands-on experience with one or more of the following: Backbone / Knockout JS / Ember JS / React JS
Knowledge of JQuery would be an added advantage
Thorough knowledge of software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build process, continuous integration and continuous delivery
Ability to plan core architecture, and to enhance it from time to time
Strong analytical mindset to derive actionable analytics from data
About GeekMindz Solutions LLP
- Rewrite existing APIs in NodeJS.
- Remodel the APIs into Micro services-based architecture.
- Implement a caching layer wherever possible.
- Optimize the API for high performance and scalability.
- Write unit tests for API Testing.
- Automate the code testing and deployment process.
- At least 2 years of experience developing Backends using NodeJS — should be well versed with its asynchronous nature & event loop, and know its quirks and workarounds.
- Excellent hands-on experience using MySQL or any other SQL Database.
- Good knowledge of MongoDB or any other NoSQL Database.
- Good knowledge of Redis, its data types, and their use cases.
- Experience with graph-based databases like GraphQL and Neo4j.
- Experience developing and deploying REST APIs.
- Good knowledge of Unit Testing and available Test Frameworks.
- Good understanding of advanced JS libraries and frameworks.
- Experience with Web sockets, Service Workers, and Web Push Notifications.
- Familiar with NodeJS profiling tools.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Good knowledge of creating and maintaining DevOps infrastructure on cloud platforms.
- Should be a fast learner and a go-getter — without any fear of trying out new things Preferences.
- Experience building a large scale social or location-based app.
- Rest API
We are Tummoc
Leading the smart commute revolution of India, Tummoc (India’s first Indigenous Transit App), intends to build public transport accessible to every doorstep by making every mode of commute available in your city to travel from A to B.
Commute spelt backwards is "Tummoc" (minus the “e”). That is what we intend to do: Reverse the trend of decreasing public transport usage in urban India!
We're looking for people to help us take on the following kinds of problems:
- Someone’s travelling to airport/office/home - can we suggest them public transport
routes with first mile & last mile and accurate tracking of individual leg of the journey
- Someone’s new in the city - can we help them travel from A to B in the most efficient way
- Someone’s planning to not use their private vehicle for commute - can we design the efficient and reliable system to plan their commute with accurate information of public and private transport
- Transition people from private to hybrid multimodal commute
- Someone's traveling home late at night - can we give their friends, family peace of mind?
- Build single mobile ticket for the entire journey
- Track ongoing, upcoming rides for all modes (bus, metro, cab, auto, motorbikes)
What you’ll do
- Build the backend and deploy systems powering Tummoc app
- Implement & debug live socket connections to track live vehicles
- Build user community platform where user can communicate in various chat rooms
- Implement and debug kafka channels to stream data across microservices
- Implement redis in memory cache
- Successfully Integrate various 3rd party libraries for payment, maps etc
- Build serverless systems using AWS lambda
- Build analytics module to analyse data and show reports
- Integrate new private transport companies and new ways of getting about our cities
- Develop smarter ways of integrating the payment systems across microservices
- eate experiences that delight your friends, family and million of new commuters when they come and visit your city
- Implementing payment modules across the different microservices
- Experience with modern frameworks and design patterns, MERN Fullstack paradigm.
- Design and built systems that scale for millions on demand and are secure
- Deploy and support your code on AWS
- Best practices: code reviews, tests, CI
- Teach us how to be better
Our Tech Stack (Required)
- Node, Express, React Js, React Native, Mongodb, Postgres
- Nginx, Api Gateway, Load Balancer
- Kafka, Redis, Websockets
- Docker, AWS - AWS - EC2, RDS, s3, lambda
(Optional- Good to have)
- Competitive pay and exponential multi-directional career growth
- Working on an app with worldwide impact - help to make cities usable
- Influence over the product that you and your friends use every day
- Annual leaves plus public holidays
- Lots of team building & recreation activities
- Lots of Tummoc Goodies & Performance bonuses
- Employee referral bonus
We respect time, talent, trust
Apply, only if you possess the above skills, have a never giving up attitude and have a true passion for public transport.
Note: Immediate joiners will be given priority
• Utilize established development tools, guidelines and conventions including but not limited to ASP.NET [Web API], SQL Server and C#.NET.
• 4+ years of development experience using C#.NET.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, multi-tasker, and demonstrated team-player. You will be a responsible developer helping our clients, either developing new products or enhancing products. You should be able to contemplate and communicate as much as possible!
- Writing clean, maintainable, desired quality, desired performing code.
- Develop and support software including applications, database integration, interfaces, and new functionality enhancements
- Coordinate cross-functionally to ensure project meets business objectives and compliance standards
- Support test and deployment of new products and features
- Participate in feature brainstorm, code reviews
- Explore cutting edge technologies and taking up PoC line up.
- Team player
- Passion to solve problems
- Constant learner
- A degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- 4-7 years of relevant work experience
- Able to code in JAVA (with Spring framework)
- Ability to organize, and prioritize work
- Good at Object Oriented Design, Database Design(SQL/NoSQL), and Microservices
- Exposure to UI framework (React/Angular/Vue/Next)
- Exposure with Agile software development methodologies
- Exposure to any one public cloud (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Exposure to cache, messaging systems, docker, API gateway
What we will not ask from you?
- Your current CTC, you'll be paid for what you deserve!
- If you had breaks in your career that's okay! We will not poke you on why you had your break blah blah...!
- Your notice period in current organization! If everything goes well, you let us know your joining date we will roll out the offer with joining the date as you say!
What's onboard for you as an employee?
- Generous package.
- Variable pay as low as possible (max 15% of your CTC)
- Medical Insurance (limited to spouse & kids) is not part of your CTC.
- Tax beneficial salary structure.
- Comprehensive leave policy
- Flexible Remote working
- Weekly Social Hour on working days
- Open-source Hour on working days
- Flat organization structure
- 15 days notice period (we wanted to keep it as same day exit! we would love to have you with us as long as possible.)
- Feel free to apply for this job if you like this JD.
- 3+ years’ experience under your belt developing performance-critical applications that run in a production environment using Node.Js
- Expertise in Database modeling, preferably relational DB, spotting DB bottlenecks, and writing optimized DB queries.
- Expertise in common Cloud technologies, AWS/GCP Knowledge of CI/CD tools and workflows.
- Knowledge in one or more of the following: NoSQL (especially, but not only Redis), Queueing system experience (Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, MSMQ)
- Good stakeholder management skills, with an ability to build trust and rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- It is good to have knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker and related deployment technologies.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient, and high-quality code.
- Design (LLD & HLD) and architect technical solutions for the business problems of a large-scale system.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies.
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- We believe leadership comes through ownership and so we love people who take ownership of their work and lead by example
Job Description :
- 3 or more years of experience of server side web systems engineering and middleware in a project services or product engineering organisation
- Published sites/systems that are now online
- Self motivation and ability to manage your own time to get the job done at the high international quality levels we expect
- An engineering Degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- A solid understanding of networking, storage, operating/browser systems engineering as well as application/software systems performance optimisation and third party systems integration
- Hands on experience with Amazon Web Services
- Prior experience working within the Media, E-commerce, Telecommunications or similar large scale consumer facing industry