Job Title: Senior Java Developer
Department: Technology and Research
Reports to: Technical Lead
Sampana Digital (SDPL) (www.sampanadigital.com) is a digital technology company that provides end-to-end product engineering and digital transformation services. Our engineering services includes web & mobile application development, user experience design, cloud, testing and infrastructure managed services to transform businesses digitally. We also enable enterprises with contextual and personalized two-way multi-channel mobile communications, including SMS, voice, email and PWA technology.
We believe in small teams of smart, committed, and diverse individuals coming together and form a breakthrough insight. We are a team of passionate professionals to craft an unbeatable culture and services.
Come and join us!
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications.
You will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications, and your roles and responsibilities include managing Java/Java EE application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
- Work with and direct the team’s software engineers in setting the standards for coding, testing and software quality
- Collaborate closely with the team’s BAs on the efficient transition of BDD’s and Swaggers to the engineers as part of the overall workflow.
- Oversee and manage the scope, timeline, and goals forth delivery of working software
- Oversee and assist in the production of comprehensive documentation
- Oversee and provide support to production cutovers and migrations as required
- Lead the analysis and resolution of technical and application problems
- Supporting the Scrum Master
- Participate in and support backlog grooming, sprint planning, daily stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives, release planning, demos and other Scrum related meetings
- Provide clear reporting on the status of the scope, timeline and progress for the delivery of working software
- Assist in setting up a robust out of hours support process
- Assist in the prioritisation of bugs and defects
- Providing Guidance and Mentoring
- Participate in peer reviews of solution designs and related code
- Provide technical leadership to the teams’ software engineers through coaching and mentorship
- Identify and encourage areas for growth, education and development within the team
- Self-Starting Leader capable or working under pressure
- Curious and engaged in Continuous Learning and Professional Development
- Strong DevOps experience
- Java and Spring Developer with +5 years’ experience with the following skills
- Java 1.8+
- Microservices with Spring-boot
- Spring cloud config
- Unit tests with Spring-boot
- Basic understanding of API gateways
- OpenAPI (Swagger) specification.
Understanding of basic networking concepts
- Integration into backends via various protocols (SOAP,REST, XML-RPC etc)
- CI/CD (Jenkins, pipelines etc)
The following additional skills would be advantageous:
- Spring reactive
- Azure DevOps
- Pivotal Kubernetes
- Azure Pipelines
About Sampana Digital Pvt Ltd
Zevi is an NLP based site-search engine that is making neural search accessible to businesses. We are a seed funded startup looking to build its core team.
What will be your role ?
- Build out the 2nd generation architecture for the system that serves our growing customer base.
- Write robust code and tests. We use Python, PHP, and Node.js.
- Review/approve pull requests and mentor, coach, and support the people around you.
- Own feature delivery as a member of the feature team.
- Build the products for our state-of-the-art search service integrating the latest NLP models and building a scalable search service with low latency code.
- Become an integral part of Zevi, working on the core tech to delight the D2C brands and Enterprise clients who rely on our system and help their users get the best results possible. It doesn’t stop there though. As we collect more and more rich data, get ready to shape the future of conversion.
Skills and Experience expected:
- Have designed and implemented a scalable infrastructure that is both secure and modular.
- Have been responsible for breaking down and solving complex problems.
- Have developed engineering principles and designed processes/workflows.
- Have experience working in Python, AWS, Flask, and are an expert in at least one of those technologies.
What can you expect from Zevi ?
- Closely work with leading enterprise engineering teams.
- Be a part of highly motivated core team.
- Get access and contribute to all strategies being built by Zevi.
- Full ownership of your product line.
Designation : Technical Lead/ Architect – Java
Experience: 6+ yrs
Skills- Must have: Architect exp, design, Strong on Java, cloud, latest tech stacks, hands-on, problem-solving, communication skills, client handling, sprint planning & execution, micro services, spring
Tech Skills Required:-
-7+ years of design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications.
- Experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture, and networking
- Experience architecting/deploying/operating solutions
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- Working experience on Spring boot / similar frameworks using Java8/11
- Exposure to REST services, web sockets, SOAP services.
- Databases MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL like MongoDB, Cassandra
- Queuing Systems like Rabbit MQ, ActiveMQ, Kafka
- Implemented MicroServices using design patterns like service discovery, circuit breakers, API Gateway, open-tracing.
- Experience in Security standards like OAUTH2.0, UMA, OpenID-connect.
- Hands-on knowledge on container tools like docker, podman
- Excellent in Problem-solving & solutioning
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge on either of the Top 3 cloud solutions
Good to have:-
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry, PKS
- GitHub profile with commit history.
- Certification equivalent to Solutions Architect.
- Development of a Single Page Application (SPA) and it's components in Typescript: deployed and optimized for progressive mobile and browsers using Angular 2 and Ionic 2 frameworks.
- Creating custom, general use modules and smart components which extend the elements and modules of core Angular framework.
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components in Typescript and using responsive HTML and CSS.
- Architecting and automating the build process for production, using task runners or scripts.
- Writing non-blocking code, and resorting to advanced techniques such as multi-threading, when needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- Should have experience with CSS 3, SCSS, Java script and HTML5.
- Full-time knowledge of Angular practices and commonly used modules based on extensive work experience. Or 2 Year or more experience with other industry-leading frameworks like React.
- Minimum 1-year experience in working and extending one of the CSS or UI frameworks like Ng-lightening, Angular-material
- BE / BTech / MCA
• Opportunity to develop game-changing, globally distributed, internet advertising products used by millions worldwide.
• Contribute hands-on, own, collaborate, and deliver new features and services at a fast pace.
• Build platforms, frameworks, APIs, libraries & automated tools to facilitate rapid issue
resolution and development & deployment of new features and changes.
• Own the prioritization, scoping and scheduling processes for new products and features.
• Work with and advise management on technical aspects, make well-informed decisions.
• Improve processes, technology & the applications you own continuously by showing the team better ways of doing things and help improve skills in the team.
• Prioritize tech-debt and ensure the platforms and applications meet the latest industry
• Learn new technology & practices, coach the team and conduct training sessions – devote time for learning and continuous improvement of self and team.
• Imbibe and maintain a strong customer service-oriented attitude while designing and building products.
Who should apply for this role ?
• 5 - 9 years of experience in building or managing large scale distributed systems
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science or other relevant majors
• A track record of working on scalable applications, preferably at a major internet property or well-known startup
• Good grasp on programming fundamentals including OOP, Design Principles and Data Structures
• Excellent analytical, logical, and problem-solving skills
• Solid knowledge of Java/Python/Golang, web services (REST/JSON), NoSql Databases,
• Can exhibit passion and enthusiasm for remarkable technology (Knowledge and contribution to open source projects, Active Blog, etc. is a plus)
• Ability to learn emerging technical/business standards and apply/coach development team in proper adoption
• Deep understanding of development processes and has personally contributed to critical
• Communicate effectively & cross-functionally with other teams
● Proven work experience as a Back-end developer.
● In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment).
● Proficient in Java, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
● Basic understanding of JVM, its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
● Ability to decide when to use relational vs NoSQL databases and must be experienced with at least one of
the relational databases (MySQL) as well as experience with ElasticSearch will be good to have
● Familiarity with concepts of MVC, JDBC, and RESTful
● Experience with Spring, Spring Boot, Spring MVC
● Experience in CI/CD and Cloud technologies
● Expertise in developing enterprise-level web applications and RESTful APIs using MicroServices, with
demonstrable production-scale experience
● Participation in coding competitions such as hackathon, hackerrank will be added advantage.
- Taking initiative in the Design and Development of Android applications.
- Ship reliable software practicing robust software design and in-depth code reviews.
- Design major software components, systems, and features and implement full-stack app foundation features and core app features.
- Take ownership, design, develop and deploy in a collaborative environment with other team members
- Knowledge of architect solutions using innovative technology ideas and industry-leading methodologies.
- Good hands-on experience in developing and deploying Android apps Android native/cross-platform.
- Comfortable with JAVA and Kotlin both.
- Experience implementing integrated solutions with APIs built using RESTful web services.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Good understanding of Data Structure and Algorithms.
- Adapt to a dynamic work environment. Stay updated with the latest in technology and always think customer first.
- Study and understand the product specifications thoroughly to design appropriate software solutions. Suggest improvements and optimize existing implementations.
- Ability to identify and deliver POCs and Demos in a record timeframe.
- Encourage and coordinate with the team around new technologies, processes, and approaches.
- Proficiency in various Design Principles and app development methodologies.
- Strong communication skills with a people-first approach without compromising on engineering tasks
- Have Strong knowledge of cloud technologies like (AWS/GCP/Azure).
- Strong in any Backend language like Java-Springboot(preferred), Python, ROR, NodeJs, GO etc.
- Have a working experience with any frontend technology.
- Strong system design experience in cloud-native products.
- Understands and knows how to work with GIT.
- Able to develop or implement HLD into LLD and vice versa.
- Strong knowledge of SQL/NoSQL database.
- Strong on DSA.
- Has previously built and delivered end-to-end products preferably with any FinTech startup.
- Someone very motivated and loves taking ownership of building an end-to-end application
> Flexible work hours
> You could be our first Director/VP of technology
> Founding Team role
We are hiring Java Developers- Backend Platform for India’s Fastest growing, fully automated next-gen Fintech company aiming to address the credit requirements of numerous self-employed micro-entrepreneurs, micro-merchants and middle / lower income salaried individuals.
Roles and responsibilities:
● We are looking for self-motivated start-up-oriented Java developers to extend our backend platform which churns terabytes of data to give unique personalized financial experience to our users.
● You will be working directly with tech focused founding team members and a team of
IITians who are hands-on with designing architecture and implementing scalable backend.
● Should be hands-on, articulate, and focused engineer, who can own features and functionality, enjoys learning, and comprehends the application architecture.
- Java with knowledge of Data structures of Java
- Should know REST API concepts (SOLID principles)
- Should have worked on MVC architecture.
- Understanding of different components of Web Application including Security, Scalability etc.
- MySQL - Should be able to write and debug complex SQL queries
- Education : BTech in CS / EE from IITs / IIITs or NITs / Tier one Colleges / From Product companies
Candidates for this role must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- At least three years of experience writing production code of increasing complexity
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, complexity analysis, data structures, problem solving, and object-oriented analysis and design
- Proficiency in at least one of the following: Java, C, C++, C#, Ruby, Scala, Python
- Experience refactoring code and evolving architectures
- Experience crafting unit, integration, functional and regression tests
- Master’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Experience applying service-oriented architecture techniques to production use cases
- Experience in developing secure, multi-platform mobile applications