Senior Backend Developer - JD
If you love to work in a fast-paced startup environment and desire to solve some very
challenging problems using technology, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic individual to work as a Senior Software
Developer. You will be involved in working on multiple products for the scaling and growth
stage of the lifecycle.
We work closely with the real world,. If you are interested to grow and learn in your career
and at the same time work on products for the 1Bn user market, we encourage you to apply.
● Managing and guiding a team of junior developers for timely delivery of product and
● Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
● Implementation of security and data protection
● Design and implementation of data storage solutions
● Design & Build: Designing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications for
mission-critical systems, and delivering high-availability and performance.
● Collaborate - Collaborating within your product streams and team to bring best
practices and leverage a world-class tech stack.
● Measurable Outcome - You will need to set quantifiable objectives that encapsulate
the quality attributes of a system. The fitness of the application is measured against
● DevOps - You will need to set up every essential (tracking/alerting) to make sure the
infrastructure/software you built is working as expected.
● Design and development of our REST APIs
● Help maintain code quality, architecture, and automation
Required Knowledge and Skills
● Over 3 years of experience working in backend development technologies and
● Highly curious and ready to dive into complex technical challenges.
● Proficiency in development and scripting in Python, Django/Flask framework.
● Database design and management, including being up on the latest practices -
bonus points for MySQL and MongoDB
● User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and
● Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
● Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling
an application to support load changes
● Setup and administration of backups
● Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs
desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
● Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
● Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
● Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
● Server management and deployment for the relevant environment
● Appreciation for clean and well-documented code
● Hands-on experience with architecture and structural design patterns
● Expertise in designing, developing, deploying, and integrating RESTful APIs
● Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical
● A knack for benchmarking and optimization
● Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
● Requires excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and presentation.
● You should be a team player.
● You should be positive towards problem-solving, have a very structural thought
process to solve problems
● Interest to work in a high paced start-up environment with a large amount of learning.
● Good understanding of different frameworks, and be able to pick up new
technologies at ease.
● You should be agile enough to figure out a need for new technologies/frameworks
and learn new technology for better product performance.