Software Backend Developer - Java
at Bonzai – The Intelligent Creative Platform
Working as a “Backend Developer” at Bonzai gives you the opportunity to work on maintaining and improving the platform.
- Work on the entire product lifecycle starting from design to deployment and monitoring.
- Explore new technologies such as Kotlin, patterns such as Domain-Driven Design and other cool stuff such as Gitlab CI/CD pipelines, Docker, ECS, Golang, Python, Terraform, distributed tracing and even Haskell.
- Ensure top-notch performance in terms of product and feature experience.
What you need to succeed
- 2 - 3 yrs of experience in Java, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Rest API, and MySQL.
- Good to have experience/knowledge of other programming languages such as Kotlin or Python, other DBs such as Redshift, platforms such as AWS and architectural patterns such as Domain-Driven Design (DDD) and Hexagonal architecture .
- Good understanding of Object-oriented concepts, Functional programming and Design Patterns.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to articulate complex ideas in written, spoken and visual language
- Bachelor in engineering preferably from a leading institute across the globe.
About Bonzai – The Intelligent Creative Platform
Roles and Responsibilities
· Design, Code, test, debug, implement and document complex WSO2 sequences.
· Monitoring and logging tool stacks - Splunk/ELK/Prometheus, Grafana 4 Design, Code, test, debug, implement and document complex WSO2 sequences.
· Perform Build activities for WSO2 ESB Middleware integration, involves writing XSLT, ESB coding, configuration, and Analysis activities.
· Trouble shooting various problems in different stages of development using logs files, Traces and Log Analyzer.
· Responsible for understanding the requirement, solution design, coordinate the development and testing activities (end to end)
· Guide the team regarding WSO2 platform best practices, framework, reusable artefacts and ensure code quality and timely deliverables.
· Work with functional and technical customers to determine solutions that drive additional business value.
· Work with Github, Azure Devops and CI tools to automate dev, build, deployment and testing.
· Good knowledge in messaging brokers: WSO2 Message Broker, Apache Kafka.
· Monitoring the server (Monitoring logs and WSO2 metrics).
· Desired Candidate Profile
Desired Candidate Profile
· Candidate must have minimum 2+ years of hands-on experience in WSO2, preferably with WSO2 certification.
· Extensive experience in Integration by using WSO2 Product Stack (API Manager 2.6/3.x, Enterprise Integrator 6.5 and Identity Server 5.7.0)
· Experience in Implementing APIs in WSO2 EI and On-boarding APIs into WSO2 API Manager
· Experience in WSO2 API Manager for designing API facades and designing and implementing API Proxies.
· Hands-on experience in designing and developing high volume web services using API Protocols and Data Formats (REST, JSON, SOAP & XML).
· Must have hands on experience / knowledge with CI tools to automate dev, build, deploy.
· Experience in on boarding web applications into WSO2 Identity Server for authentication and authorizatio
• Minimum of a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or a related four-year degree.
• 4 years of hands on experience in Integration
- Job Title - Senior Laravel / VueJS Developer
- Reports Into - Operations Director
- Location - Hybrid/ India
A Little Bit about Kwalee….
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game developers and publishers, with well over 900 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Airport Security and Makeover Studio 3D. We also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade and Scathe.
What’s In It For You?
- Hybrid working - 3 days in the office, 2 days remote/ WFH is the norm
- Flexible working hours - we trust you to choose how and when you work best
- Profit sharing scheme - we win, you win
- Private medical cover - delivered through BUPA
- Life Assurance - for long term peace of mind
- On site gym - take care of yourself
- Relocation support - available
- Quarterly Team Building days - we’ve done Paintballing, Go Karting & even Robot Wars
- Pitch and make your own games on Creative Wednesdays!
Are You Up To The Challenge?
As the Senior Laravel / VueJS Developer you will write code and game features that will run on server side helping our games run smoothly, you will have to work out how to deal with massive amounts of data efficiently and generally play around with the latest and greatest in tech.
You love to write efficient code and tackle hard puzzles, you like working with a committed team.
Your Team Mates
Tictales create tailored stories-on-demand services for the digital age. We want our audiences to experience quality storytelling and emotions at any time, any place. A passion for telling stories, entertaining players and using technology to bring great experience to massive audiences is what drives the team.
What Does The Job Actually Involve?
- Create and Implement new API features to robustly support millions of mobile game players.
- Improving and Optimising the performance of our different internal tools.
- Collaborate with technical decision-makers to evolve platforms.
- Contributing to the design and architecture of our servers deployed on AWS EC2 Servers.
- You’ll be looking and training on news technologies that make sense.
Your Hard Skills
- A proven track record of writing high quality code with Laravel and VueJS.
- Experience in database management with hundred millions records
- Knowledge of GIT and AWS tools and environments
- The ability to write quick scripts to accelerate manual tasks.
- Some experience in NodeJS would be a plus.
- Some experience in UNITY and game development would be a plus.
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (Couchbase, MongoDB, Cassandra, Memcache,etc.) could be useful but it’s not mandatory.
Your Soft Skills
Kwalee has grown fast in recent years but we’re very much a family of colleagues. We welcome people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances, and all we ask is that you collaborate, work hard, ask questions and have fun with your team and colleagues.
We don’t like egos or arrogance and we love playing games and celebrating success together. If that sounds like you, then please apply.
A Little More About Kwalee
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts.
Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle.
We have an amazing team of experts collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Lisbon, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, Cyprus, the Philippines and many more places around the world. We’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales, which is based in France.
We have a truly global team making games for a global audience, and it’s paying off: - Kwalee has been voted the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership Team at the TIGA Awards (Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth - including Antarctica!
Job Role-12 months(contract) which is extendable /permnanent
- Advanced Java skills, Spring, Spring Boot, REST APIs,
- Intermediate in Design Patterns and Principles
- Application is moving into PCF any cloud native experience is helpful
- DB: Oracle, SQL Server, RDBMS
- Network Infrastructure knowledge is helpful (work with network support team to troubleshoot)
- Production support skills are highly preferred.
- CI/ CD knowledge is helpful
- Junit for unit testing
- Java certifications are a huge plus
**Design development of software application in JAVA , using Oracle stack
- An ideal candidate is someone who works well with a cohesive team-oriented group of engineers, who have a passion for developing software, who enjoy solving problems in a challenging environment, and who have the desire to take their career to the next level.
- Participate in and lead day to day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs) and create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market.
- Accountable for full systems development life cycle including creating high quality requirements documents, use-cases, design and other technical artifacts including but not limited to detailed test strategy/test design, performance benchmarking, release rollout and deployment plans, contingency/back-out plans, feasibility study, cost and time analysis and detailed estimates.
- Research and evaluate current and upcoming technologies and frameworks.
- Participate in PoCs (Proof of Concept) and help the Department with selection of Vendor Solutions, Technologies, Methodologies and Frameworks.
- Collaborate with Vendor Resources for Support of Products.
- Conduct brownbag sessions on new and upcoming technologies, methodologies and application appropriate frameworks. Ensure knowledge transfer of vendor technology to *** staff. Provide technical training to the other team members.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in related field.
- Broad understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required.
- Back end Java Development
- API- Restful Services
- Automated Unit Testing (J Unit)
- Spring MVC
- SQL skills- Ability to work with tables, views, and stored procedures
- Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and have the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
- Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
- Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
As an Associate Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to collaborate on the creation and maintenance of scalable, high-quality software as we grow. You'll work closely with the CTO and quickly gain skills and responsibilities as the team and the technical requirements grow.
- Develop RESTful APIs leveraging Django classes, ORM and Postgres Database
- Develop solutions that meet business objectives while leveraging industry best practices
- Write high-quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Expertise with Python language
- Experience with Django: maintaining APIs
- Familiarity using Git, code repositories, branching and merging strategies
- Ability to break down complex concepts, tasks, or problems into more simple, understandable language and action plans
- Excellent communication skills, and attention to detail
- Good Documentation skills
- Work from home
- Flexible work schedule
- Flexible standup meetings
- Two technical rounds with Senior Developer and CTO
- Cultural Fit interview with Project Manager
Please do not apply if you don't have professional Django work experience.
- Develop back-end server that includes business logic linked to various data storage solutions including database.
- Design back-end server system by using technology appropriate for server environment.
- Develop and maintain Rest services for Samsung Pay Develop RESTful services that are highly scalable, available, maintainable.
- Excellent Programming Skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Analytical skills, and troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of algorithms, data structures, and performance optimization methods.
- Hands-on with Design, Coding, Debugging, and Testing.
- Excellent Communication & Interpersonal Skills, Team Player.
- C, C++, and/ Java Jquery, Spring, Struts. Hibernate, iBatis, Node.js Web Services, Web Security, MySQL.
- Memcache/Redis, Cassandra/HBase, MongoDB/CouchDBMap Reduce, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Mahout.
- Fast Data Processing - Storm - Rules Engine - Drools.
- Basic knowledge of Oracle Forms and reports - (Must)
- Good experience on SQL*Loader.
- Should Knowledge on Agile / Scrum.
- Handled errors using Exception Handling extensively for the ease of debugging and displaying the error messages in the application.
- Using SQL developer tool we debugged the code and unit test
- Knowledge of oracle programming
- MySQL, Oracle,
- Knowledge of Unix platform
- advance database knowledge.
- Writing PL/SQL and PL/MySQL
- Coding support
- Debugging & Project module management
- Deployment and fine-tuning as per team lead.
Drives technology stack choices for treebo tech teams.
Comfortable working in fuzzy environments and changing requirements.
Act as a technical mentor to your team.
Effective problem solving skills in complex & large scale environment.
Exposure in Distributed systems and micro services.
Exposure to a wide variety of problem spaces, technologies.
Very Strong System design, separation of concerns and OO design skills
with ability to craft crisp interfaces and communicate at the right
levels of abstraction.
His / her code should be model code for the rest of the engineering
Experience working with web-scale / user path systems.
Experience working with large scale persistent systems including NoSQL
3 - 6 years of overall experience.
B Tech or higher in Computer Science or equivalent required.
A PHP Developer writes clean, fast PHP to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way that improves the code-base of our products in meaningful ways.
You will be a part of a full-stack creative team that is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing software development from the initial specification, through to developing, testing and launching.
Write “clean”, well-designed code
Produce detailed specifications
Troubleshoot, test, and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
Follow industry best practices
Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary
Proven software development experience in PHP
Understanding of open source projects like Joomla, Drupal, Wikis, osCommerce, etc
Good knowledge of relational databases, version control tools, and of developing web services
Experience in common third-party APIs (Google, Facebook, eBay, etc)
Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
Experience - 1 to 3 years required
Must have worked on WordPress.
- Willingness to work on highly scalable cloud-native solutions based on microservices.
- Quickly learn the technologies and deliver using the same.
- Take complete ownership of the customer requirements.
- Motivated to deliver world-class quality.
- Inclined to bring new ways of thinking, working and providing solutions.
- Drive the concept of quality into everybody and have a zero-tolerance towards bad quality.
- Understand requirements from product management, customer and able to comprehensively break this down to manageable tasks.
● 3-9 years of development experience.
- Java - Advanced concepts concurrency, reflection, lambda, Java Springboot, Spring security,
- Actuator/Prometheus/Grafana/Servo (metrics),
- EFK/ELK stack (log analysis)
- OpenAPI/Swagger (documentation)
- RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Maria or any other)
- NoSQL (Anyone of Mongo DB, Redis, Cassandra, Neo4J or other DBs)
- Automated unit tests/e2e tests (JUnit, TestNG, RestAssured etc)
- CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, Sonar, Maven/Gradle etc)
Optional: (But highly recommended)
- NewSQL DB (TiDB, CockroachDB)