Are you a pragmatic tech person, who understands business and technology alike, are full of curiosity and are updated with the latest trends, then this job is for you!
Our client is a niche software company that builds strong backend software and helps businesses scale through their growth process. They help to solve problems in software, data engineering and infrastructure engineering. They remotely build and manage the tech teams, design architecture that is known for its robustness and reliability, and use mainstream languages like Golang, Python and Ruby. The consulting firm also provides on-site solutions like an observatory, data centres, alert systems, data recovery sites, and also help to set up Data Compliance Policies for their clients. With some major startups as clients, the team has grown tremendously over the past couple of years.
As an SRE/ DevOps, you will work on improving reliability and uptime for our customers.
What you will do:
- Working on scalability, maintainability and reliability of company's products.
- Working with clients to solve their day-to-day challenges, moving manual processes to automation.
- Keeping systems reliable and gauging the effort it takes to reach there.
- Understanding Juxtapose tools and technologies to choose x over y.
- Understanding Infrastructure as a Code and applying software design principles to it.
- Automating tedious work using your favourite scripting languages.
- Taking code from the local system to production by implementing Continuous Integration and Delivery principles.
What you need to have:
- Worked with any one of the programming languages like Go, Python, Java, Ruby.
- Work experience with public cloud providers like AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Understanding of Linux systems and Containers
- Meticulous in creating and following runbooks and checklists
- Microservices experience and use of orchestration tools like Kubernetes/Nomad.
- Understanding of Computer Networking fundamentals like TCP, UDP.
- Strong bash scripting skills.