Actionboard is comprehensive suite of tools designed to provide actionable insights to entrepreneurs and business people proactively and on demand. Apart from this, Actionboard also provides extensive automation tools to accountants that lets them save time and improve the quality of their work.
What you will do:
- Implement features from end-to-end across the stack
- Work with product managers to understand business requirements and choose appropriate solutions
- Participate and actively contribute to the technical and product discussions
Our tech stack:
- Ruby on Rails
- Google Cloud Platform
We handle problems that involve huge amounts of data and apply a lot of machine learning techniques in addition to regular web development work.
Why work on Actionboard:
- Challenging work: Actionboard handles a large volume of data which turns boring day-to-days tasks into interesting challenges. There is also a huge scope for applying machine learning and data science techniques if that sort of thing interests you.
- Work culture: We are serious but we like to have fun. We work hard but not to the point of burnout nor do we ever do all-nighters. Our team is filled with smart, hard-working, diligent types with a can-do attitude when presented with challenges. We are an intentionally small and agile team.
- Growth potentail: We have a half-yearly review process where we make it clear what objectives are needed to be achieved in order to advance to the next level. Promotions and pay increases are based on skills acquired and work performed.
Technical skills are we looking for:
- At least a year of experience working with Rails
- Working knowledge in SQL
- Experience in a Test Driven Development approach
How your growth trajectory will look like at Actionboard:
We are a small company with no bureaucracy where rewards follow results very quickly. Below is the ladder a new developer in our team climbs.
Programmer in Training ( 0 - 6 months experience)
- Learn fundamentals of developing a web application with rails
- No ownership expected. No work related initiatives expected.
- Work will be extensively reviewed. And detailed feedback will be given.
- Works on simple routine problems
Junior Programmer (6m to 12m)
- No ownership expected. No work related initiatives expected.
- Work will be heavily reviewed. And detailed feedback will be given.
- Works on simple routine problems but turns around much faster than person in training
Programmer (12m to 18m):
- Work is reviewed with the occasional need for significant direction or implementation changes.
- Follows established patterns and approaches within existing code bases with ease.
- Co-owns a feature along with a Sr. Programmer
- Works mostly on clearly defined and scoped individual features or problems.
Senior Programmer (18 months to 3 years)
- Work doesn't need to be reviewed, but general direction may be.
- Fully capable of taking substantial features from concept to shipping as the sole programmer (alongside a designer).
- Can provide feedback on the work of junior programmers and programmers.
- Deep expertise within at least one programming environment.
- Basic proficiency in at least one additional programming environment.
Lead Programmer (3 years to 5 years)
- Work happens completely autonomously with no regular need for review.
- Fully capable of owning and running entire subsystems of work (e.g. entire inbound/outbound Tally Sync worklow).
- Helps set and maintain professional standards for the entire organization.
- Deep, substantial expertise in multiple domains. e.g. Design
- Capable of running and directing small teams for substantial projects.
Principal Programmer (5 years to 8 years)
- Fully capable of designing, owning, and running entirely new, novel systems (design user activity tracking systems)
- Capable of running and directing larger teams for large, long-running projects.
- Invents new concepts, pushes the whole organization forward regularly. (e.g. Report Builder)
About agrya consulting private limited
Looking for someone who can take care of all the server-related works, their security, can handle code versions through GitHub, handle the server logs, loads with automated tools.
Hassle-free deploying the code on servers with automated scripts. Should have provision to manage the server downtime efficiently during deployment time on production environment. Only privileged candidates can access the code and servers with a restricted IP address.
- Serve as a point of cross-functional contact and expertise, providing support to development and QA teams for the build and release process in all environments.
- Provide emergency support for critical issues, research possible cause, and provide solutions.
- Aid DevOps team in the maintenance of existing automated deployment operations as well as the advancement of desired state automated CI-CD Pipelines
- Documents build and deployment process for assigned product and/or tools
- Aid Infrastructure team in the implementation of new resources used by the development, test, and production environments.
- Maintain awareness of best-in-class tools, languages, and practices related to development operations.
- Provides instructions to Infrastructure, Development and Test teams to aid in product development life cycle.
- Participate in discussions regarding new product development and product enhancements.
- 2. Requirements
- Experience working on Linux based infrastructure
- Configuration and managing databases such as MySQL, MongoDB
- Excellent troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of various tools, open-source technologies, and cloud services
- Awareness of critical concepts in DevOps and Agile principles
- Great Experience with public cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), or Microsoft Azure.
- Must have implementation experience with TLS/SSL, public private key cryptography, how certificates work, and mutual authentication
- Should have deal with IP addressing, firewalls, open ports, DNS & DHCP
Staying on top of advances in Web technology, keeping up with software development and quickly adapting to new development tools and techniques.
You need to have the knack of learning new stuff especially things related to the Web, Usability and Interfaces.
Is expected to be conversant with one or more of the popular server-side scripting languages (i.e. PHP/Python/Ruby).
Knowledge of MVC frameworks like Yii, Ruby on Rails or Django is an advantage.
Knowledge of Drupal will be an advantage of course. Knowledge on AngularJS, Node JS, React JS, Ionic etc is also required.
Thanks and regards
- Company is developing cutting-edge technology and you will be working on a patented technology in a challenging environment with industry veterans and highly talented engineers
- Company is in an explosive growth path and now is the right time to ride-along and experience the growth from a startup to an iconic large company
● Flexible, Fun, and Creative culture
What you will be doing
● You must have a diverse background and be able to work among several programming
languages. The majority of work would be in AngularJS and Ruby.
● Designing and implementing a scalable and microservice-oriented architecture with
extensible REST APIs that can be consumed by our own platform and partner
● Scaling an operational database to handle millions of records
● If you are up for it, there will be plenty of opportunities to wear multiple hats as we are on
a rapid growth trajectory
What You Need for this Position
● At least 12 years of overall experience building large scale enterprise applications
● Must be skilled with AngularJS or latent front end technologies
● Must be skilled with Ruby on Rails
● Must be skilled with building REST APIs
Must be proficient with HTML/CSS
● Must be familiar with modern, cloud-based infrastructure such as AWS/Azure
● Should be familiar with microservices, Docker and Kubernetes
What's In It for You
● Competitive Salary
● Career growth