Quality Assurance Engineer
Notice Period : 45 days / Immediate Joining
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging, and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics.
The ideal candidate will be instrumental in shaping the product direction and will be actively involved in defining key product features that impact the business. You will work with Principal Engineers to evolve the design and architecture of the products owned by this team. You will be responsible to set up and hold a high software quality bar besides providing technical direction to a highly technical team of Software Engineers. Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
· Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
· Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
· Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
· Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools.
· Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
· Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
· Monitor debugging process results.
· Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions.
· Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
· Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
· 3+ years of experience as part of a QA Support and Services team.
· Experience working on building test plans, test cases, solving problems to improve quality and speed of delivery, and Knowledge of QA methodology and tools
· Experience in coding/scripting and user-level automation.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Hands-on experience with Web application frontend testing, API Testing, Mobile application.
· Experience working in Framework like Robot, Appium, Selenium, cypress
· Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, Agile/Scrum development process tools, and processes in GIT/Bitbucket, JIRA, confluence.
· Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
· Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
· Good knowledge of Docker, Container applications with production experience.
· Critical thinker and problem-solving skills, Team player.
· Good time-management skills, Ambitious individuals who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals.
· Must be flexible to work on the office timings to accommodate the multi-national client timings.
· Involve development operations & support internal teams.
About Banyan Data Services
We're hell-bent on making this the most enjoyable job you've ever had. Send your resume to [email protected]
We foster a positive leadership culture and ensure that employees at all levels feel comfortable collaborating with one another.
Grow & Learn
Our employees are being groomed by instilling a startup culture in them, as well as providing them with tech-savvy mentors and a passionate team to drive the highest quality of work.
The success and pleasure of employees are top concerns. No matter their level, employees feel valued in all aspects of their lives, including both their professional and personal aspirations.
We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace in which everyone, regardless of who they are or what they do for the company, feels equally involved and supported in all aspects of the workplace.
Why you should be interested in this role?
Biofourmis is pioneering an entirely new category of digital health, by developing clinically validated software-based therapeutics to provide a better outcome for patients, smarter engagements and tracking tools for clinicians. By combining Machine Learning Technology we are creating a truly unique movement in the health space.
Our team works in a cross-functional agile setup consisting of mobile developers, backend developers, designers, product managers, researchers, and scrum masters.
Biofourmis headquartered in Boston, develops and delivers clinically validated software-based therapeutics to provide cost-effective solutions for payers, accelerated research and drug development for biopharmaceutical companies, advanced tools for clinicians to deliver personalized care, and, ultimately, better outcomes for patients.
Our robust digital therapeutics products and pipeline cover multiple therapeutic areas including heart failure, acute coronary syndrome, COPD, and chronic pain.
A successful Series B and Series C round funding, strategic acquisitions, key commercial multi-year contracts, FDA approvals, new U.S. headquarters, and industry recognition were among some of our achievements in 2020-21.
As QA engineer at Biofourmis, you are engaged right from the product ideation conversation where you analyse requirements, explore the feasibility until verification and validation of the full-blown product.
For us our Quality Assurance (QA) professionals are engineers who review products
to ensure they are functioning as needed. It is a position to track and remedy bugs
and other issues that may make a product defective. QA technicians are an important part of the developing stages of a new product, from the exploratory phases to engineering and implementing automated tests, to make sure the product operates as needed.
It is important for Quality Assurance engineers to confirm the product meets the needs of the customers and requirements. Reviewing system requirements, outlining corrective actions for when issues arise post-production and tracking quality-assurance metrics is a daily part of the Quality Assurance technician role.
People and Technology:
There would be direct interactions between the internal product and engineering teams. The engineering team is comprised of UI/UX, Mobile - iOS, Android, Backend - NodeJS, Python, Web - Angular, HTML/CSS, QA, and DevOps team.
We have the best engineers and they are always willing to support a customer use case and brainstorm new ideas, which makes the job even more fun.
- Designing and building advanced automated testing frameworks, tools and automated test suites using JAVA based solutions such as TestNG, Selenium etc
- Scaling up test automation practices to ensure robust release quality and mapping to multiple environments
- Adopting industry best practices in automation to deliver better quality products
- On-time deliverables under strict deadlines in agile methodology
- Working on DevOps model to support multiple environments
- Minimum of 2 - 6 years automation experience preferably Selenium with JAVA
- Experience on mobile automation
- Experience with test frameworks such as Cucumber, Selenium WebDriver, Maven
- Experience in defect tracking tools such as JIRA, ALM etc
- Good knowledge in CI/CD process and tools such as Jenkins
- Experience working with database
- Strong knowledge on creating REST web services
- Ability to work independently and as part of team
- Experience working on Agile development environment
- Experience on Git will help
- Excellent problem solving and programming skills
- Experience in medical domain will be an added advantage
- Experience on BDD
- Managing the team with complete automation setup
- Setting up own frameworks
- Hands-on debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of Agile methodology and scrum
● Hands-on coding on Java/ GoLang, primarily for testing.
● Hands-on experience on more of TestNG, JUnit, Spring Test, GoLang testing, etc. OR
If you are a motivated developer who wants to move to testing.
● Ability to find bottlenecks & thresholds in existing code with the help of automation
● Understanding of Object Oriented Design.
● Crisp understanding of various testing methodologies and categories.
● Ability to come up with, document and code test scenarios & test cases.
● Experience of working on ‘Agile + DevOps’ process management methodology.
● Experience in using one or more of RestAssured, SuperTest, Postman, Swagger.
Good To Have :
● Experience in using mocking frameworks
● Experience in using API testing frameworks
● Experience in Performance testing frameworks and the ability to design performance
● Experience in some scripting languages, like Shell, Python etc.
● Good communication skills in English, both written and verbal
● Valid US Business visa
Roles & Responsibilities :
● Perform Test Automations, including creation & management of test scenarios,
documentation and coding tests.
● Environment set up for testing applications across channels like Web, Mobile and
Desktop as well as backend applications involving large scale data migration
● Create & manage automation reports and regularly communicate the same to the
● Work with deployments teams and resolve any level issues for the system.
2+ years of relevant work experience as a Developer or SDET
Comprehensive knowledge of unit, integration and functional testing
Experience working with tools such as Cypress
Hands-on experience in writing API automation scripts and unit test scripts
Experience in independently building test automation frameworks for Web and Mobile
Good knowledge of databases and querying language
Experience of working “AGILE + DevOps” process management methodology
Exposure to Continuous Integration Process Tools like Jenkins/CircleCI
Understanding of REST services and proficiency with REST tools and libraries
(Restassured and Postman)
Good Verbal and Written communication skills
Good to Have -
Familiar with Startup culture and work expectations
SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test)
Grounds up build REST API automation framework using best in class open source, cloud technologies. Help build automaton first Quality culture in a fast growing product team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and operates with a high sense of ownership.
What you will do:
- Author extensible, manageable REST API automation suite.
- Works closely with the Development team to release high quality, predictable releases.
- Develop detailed understanding of overall product architecture, engage at design time to access Automation and Test environment impact.
- Build Test plans, create prioritized regression suites.
You have 2 - 4 years of proven automation and quality assurance experience with any product.
- Strong hands on programming experience in either Java or Python.
- Deep understanding of REST APIs, have built Test Suites validating product functionalities using API automation frameworks like tavern, postman etc.
- Good to have an understanding of the AWS/Mobile App Automation. environment. ALBs, VPCs, IAM roles.
- Understanding of Docker is nice to have.
- Good understanding of Object oriented concepts.
5-12 years of experience in testing the Network products
Good Knowledge & understanding network protocols
Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking
Hands on experience in l2/l3 protocols testing
Hands on testing experience in dynamic routing protocols like bgp,ospf etc.
Proficient in scripting (preferably Python)
Note: From Netwrking Product company experice is a must
- Work closely with the Delivery Manager and Sales team to understand client and project requirements and define the scope of the project.
- Prepare test strategy to deliver to the agreed scope within agreed timelines and budgets.
- Work with Delivery Manager and Resource Management Group to build the necessary team, either from the available internal pool or support hiring.
- Work with the Delivery Manager to develop the testing strategy.
- Understand the project delivery governance framework and ensure test planning, execution, and closure are done in accordance with the delivery framework.
- Prepare test plans to include timelines for activities and key milestones.
- Lead a team of 4-5 test engineers and work alongside test architects and SMEs.
- Work allocation to team members and monitoring performance and ensure completion of tasks by team members to agreed timelines.
- Coordinate system/application understanding sessions for team members with relevant client team member(s).
- Work with test architects to design, develop and maintain test automation framework, where required.
- Develop test automation suites, along with team members.
- Review output of team members for test coverage (functional) and in case of test automation framework and suites, review for adherence to good and efficient coding practices and coding standards, reusability, avoid redundancy and duplicity.
- Raise PRs and check-in code and in the process resolve any conflicts and sync issues.
- Ensure efficient versioning and maintenance of test automation code.
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving technical and non-technical challenges and blockers faced by team members.
- Coaching and leading in practices like Pair Programming, Test-Driven Development (TDD), Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD).
- Be the go-to person / first point of contact for any project-related queries or concerns, for both client and internal stakeholders.
- Preparation and distribution of periodic project progress mails and reports to the client and internal stakeholders.
- Risk management – early identification of risks and mitigation, and where required invoke relevant and timely escalation and support.
- Preparation and/or review of documentation, required across all phases of the project.
- Mentor and guide team members in helping them grow professionally.
- Provide feedback about team members to the Delivery Manager for periodic performance appraisal.
Qualification and mandatory experience
- Graduate or Post-graduate, an engineering graduate is desirable but not mandatory.
- Minimum 7 years of total experience in manual and automation testing of which at least 3 years as a hands-on Test Lead with proven experience of leading at least a 3-member team.
- Knowledge of software QA methodologies, processes, and tools for manual and automation testing.
- At least 3 years proven experience of leading a minimum 3-member team in manual and automation testing.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment and delivering in sprints.
- At least 3+ years designing, developing, and maintaining Test Automation frameworks and solutions across various technology stacks and applications for web, mobile, API, and data validation.
- Expert level experience in at least one programming language, Java is preferable but not mandatory
- Expert level experience in debugging.
- Expert level experience in developing web UI test automation suite using Selenium or mobile UI test automation suite using Appium.
- Expert level experience in developing API test automation suite using Rest Assured.
- Raise PRs and merge test automation code.
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools and pipelines.
- Experience in at least one build tool like Jenkins, Maven or Gradle and setting up a build pipeline and integrated testing.
- Code management using Github or SVN.
- Test and defect management using JIRA or any other tool.
- Preparation of test documentation across various phases
- Preparation and distribution of periodic progress reports to internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication are quintessential.
- Junit and TestNG for unit testing.
- Espresso for Android app automation.
- XCUI test for iOS app automation.
- Experience in non-functional testing, e.g., load/soak/performance, security, and accessibility, by using standard and new testing techniques.
- Experience in testing applications across eCommerce, banking, and fintech domains.
IT Project Coordinator with QA Testing Experience (2+ Year)
Full Time, Permanent
Prepare test cases based on the requirements. Co-ordinate with developers & Clients Apprise the QA Lead of the status on regular basis. Must be capable of paying attention to detail and adhering to project timelines
Good Knowledge on Testing Handle testing of the assigned modules with lesser monitoring Good Team player, Good Communication skills, resolving day-to-day technical issues,
Experience: 1 to 3 years