• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full
software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source
control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to
collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in developing web application using .Net
• Minimum 1 year of experience in cloud native application development using AWS or
Azure or google cloud.
• Expertise in working with relational and non-relational databases.
• Working experience in Test driven development (TDD).
• Working experience in SOLID principles.
• Experience and understanding of Agile Development methodologies, especially Scrum.
• Fast learner, open to learning new technologies when needed.
the application flow and APIs as the backend.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to
• Self-directed and detail oriented.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
About Mobile Programming
Engineering Manager – Backend
Opportunity in this role / Why should you join us?
Series D funded supply chain startup.
- Software engineering experience of greater than or equal to 7 years
- Experience managing a technical team of at least 3 people
- Exposure to consumer facing products
- Strong technical background and ability to contribute to design and review
- Familiarity with our tech stack or an analogous tech stack
- Web application frameworks : Ktor, Spring Boot, Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Java Play, AWS Lambda
- Datastores : PostgreSQL, Aerospike, Redis, DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift
- Communication : HTTP, Amazon SQS, Sidekiq, Amazon SNS
- Server management : Amazon ECS, Docker
- Design frameworks : Domain Driven Design, Clean Architecture, Layered Architecture
Roles and Responsibilities
This role requires a person to drive the engineering of a set of products by aligning with business and product
stakeholders and building and upskilling a team to aid in this. The responsibilities include:
Business and product alignment and planning
- Work closely with business and product stakeholders to understand and align with product initiatives and iterations.
- Help shape the engineering requirement by aligning with the product manager and fleshing out concepts and user flows.
- Formalize business requirements into roadmaps and sprints.
- Product and system development
- Drive high level modeling and design for projects, also focusing on non-functional aspects, including but not limited to database design, communication protocols, deployment systems, etc.
- Drive adoption of design frameworks like domain driven design, clean architecture, etc., resulting in a robust layered architecture.
- Drive good code review practices, using the review process as a mentoring tool to upskill people.
- Ensure test coverage of systems, partly through unit and integration testing, and partly through blackbox testing by collaborating with the Quality Assurance team, via good testing practices.
- Project Management
- Drive the execution of the project by delegating tasks effectively.
- Resolve blockers through technical expertise, negotiation and delegation.
- Estimate timelines and ensure adherence to them through effective sync-ups and course corrections.
- Formulate SLAs and oversee their adherence for the various systems, effectively tracking issues and performance inefficiencies.
- Performance monitoring and optimization for systems.
- Drive technical re-design, remodeling and refactoring of systems for robustness and sustainability.
- Team Management
- Typically manage a team of 3 - 6 members and a portfolio of 3 - 6 products.
- Do periodic assessment of reportees, chart their career growth paths and train them.
- Recruit members into the team by collaborating effectively with the recruitment team.
You will be contributing to products concerning both customers and partner drivers. Product sectors
- Growth : You’ll build tools to help boost user growth on the platform including our industry bestdriver on-boarding, training and certification system, referral system, and lead managementmmodels.
- Lifecycle Management : Build tools to help users engage with the platform better, which includes rewards and recognition module, subscription service, account management tools, partner and customer wallets and payout modules, and churn detection systems among others.
- Transaction Experience : You’ll help deliver the most delightful booking experience to our customers and drivers. As part of this team, you’ll be responsible for our core booking system, pricing and payment systems, location tracking and filtering services, fraud prevention systems, and in-app ticketing and support among others.
- Fulfilment : As part of the fulfilment team, you’ll work on systems which ensure high degree of ride fulfilment on the platform. Tools including allocation methodologies and system, dynamic pricing, dynamic partner routing, and partner re-activation tools among others.
- Enterprise Solutions : You’ll help Porter’s enterprise customers achieve delivery excellence. You’ll build tools for contract management, fleet management, fleet and route optimisation tools, alerting and monitoring tools, and analytics suite among others.
1. Experience in JS Framework like Backbone
2. Good at Web Service integration with JSON
3. Project experience in MVC architecture, and Freemarker
4. Good at Intelli-J IDE with MAVEN build automation
- Design and build solutions for complex business workflows
- Understanding the user persona and deliver a slick experience
- Take end to end ownership of components and be responsible for the subsystems that you work on from
- design, code, testing, integration, deployment, enhancements, etc.
- Write high-quality code and taking responsibility for their task
- Solve performance bottlenecks
- Mentor junior engineers
- Deliver with quality, on-time in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Bachelor/Master's in computer science or relevant fields
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Strong sense of ownership
- Excellent Java and object-oriented development skills
- Experience in building and scaling microservices
- Strong problem-solving skills, technical troubleshooting and diagnosing
- Expected to be a role model for young engineers, have a strong sense of code quality and enforce code
- quality within the team
- Strong knowledge in RDBMS and NOSQL technologies
- Experience in developing backends for enterprise systems like eCommerce / manufacturing / supply chain etc
- Excellent understanding of Debugging performance and optimization techniques
- Experience in Java, Mongo, MySQL, AWS technologies, ELK stack, Spring boot, Kafka
- Experience in developing any large scale Experience in cloud technologies
- Demonstrated ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Maintaining the central databases, ensuring high performance, and responding to requests from the front-end.
- Creating a secure API for our mobile applications.
- Optimizing the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Implementing security and data protection.
- Designing and implementing data storage solutions.
- Compiling and analyzing data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Recording data and reporting it to respective parties
- Participating in all phases of the development life cycle
- Developing additional server level functionality and tools using a .NET language (C# preferred).
- Troubleshooting and fixing bugs/ flaws to ensure servers are running optimally.
- Managing Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
Desired Candidate ProfileWhat you need to have:
- 3 years + Experience and exposure to working on problems of scale.
- .Net Fullstack Developer with Angular(Must) and MS SQL
- Must have mobile based app development experience.
- Familiarity with the challenges involved in scaling applications from a single machine to a large deployment.
- Experience with cloud environments like Amazon's AWS is a plus.
- Experience with in working with gaming servers like SmartFox multiplayer server is a plus.
- Added advantage to those who have worked on C#, Web API , WCF, MVC, MS SQL and Angular JS in business env.
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
1. 3+ years of experience in web development
2. Minimum 2+ years’ experience in Node JS
Good to have
- Kubernetes & Dockers and experience with Cloud service APIs (e.g., GCP) are desirable.
- Github CI/CD experience
- Experience in the Real Estate will be a plus
Looking for candidates preferably from SaaS/ Fintech/ B2B background.
This is a permanent remote opportunity.
- Snr Software engineer in the engineering should be able to run with a major feature or service independently. Typically is responsible for building world class product using backend technologies.
- Engineers with 4+ years of product development experience
- Strong experience building products with micro-services based approach.
- Background in looking at existing application & coming up with a micro-services based architecture (including technology migration) is a plus.
- In-depth experience in Java, springboot & related experience.
- Very good background in AWS based technologies.
- Good exposure to Security, Scale, Design and Architecture, API, Cloud Infrastructure.
- Good exposure to the open-source framework.
- Background in agile development is highly desirable.
- Ability to technically mentor junior engineers
Chargebee might be the opportunity you’re looking for
- If you’re interested in how subscription businesses can get more efficient.
- If you’re hungry to give and receive feedback, fully understanding that challenging perspectives are the only way that you can grow.
- If you can bring empathy to problem solving.
If this sounds interesting but you’re not sure you'll tick all the boxes, apply anyway! There’s tons of room to grow at Chargebee.
Who are we looking for?
A passionate developer
- Strong working knowledge of OOPS
- Functional programming principles
- Strong believer of Clean Code practices
- An advocate of TDD, BDD, SOLID, CI/CD, Lean development
You’ll easily settle in if:
You come from a strong Java/J2EE background with web application frameworks like Spring Boot or Drop wizard
You have ample work experience in Caching, Multi-Threading, Asynchronous APIs, Exception Management and use of collections, Mocking, Unit testing tools like Junit & TestNG"
You are fluent with version control tools like GIT and Bitbucket
Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Static Code Analysis, Jenkins and SonarQube
Willingness to take ownership of the technical solution and ensure technical expectations of deliverables are met.
Exposure to AWS/Azure cloud and containerization
Have a good Understanding of Distributed Application Architecture.
You ‘ll love:
Awesome opportunity to work with Micro Services architecture getting shipped on Cloud.
Experience in working with automated build deploy powered by Code Analysis, Automated Tests, Functional and Nonfunctional analysis, Blue Green deployment and much more
First-hand experience on broader enterprise application concerns like Message Bus, Queues, Caches, Concurrency and Parallelization
Node.js Developer Responsibilities:
- Developing and maintaining all server-side network components.
- Ensuring optimal performance of the central database and responsiveness to front-end requests.
- Collaborating with front-end developers on the integration of elements.
- Designing back-end services for various business processes.
- Developing high-performance applications by writing testable, reusable, and efficient code.
- Implementing effective security protocols, data protection measures, and storage solutions.
- Running diagnostic tests, repairing defects, and providing technical support.
- Documenting Node.js processes, including database schemas, as well as preparing reports.
- Recommending and implementing improvements to processes and technologies.
- Keeping informed of advancements in the field of Node.js development.
Node.js Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information science, or similar.
- At least two years of experience as a Node.js developer.
- Knowledge of front-end technologies such as HTML5 and CSS3.
- Superb interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving aptitude.
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- Availability to resolve urgent web application issues outside of business hours
- Should know CI/CD process
Swift is building a next generation checkout stack for India - a platform rolling up payments and logistics solution for all fulfillment needs. We give businesses the opportunity to provide a customer experience at par with the likes of Amazon and Flipkart, all the while saving money and time.
Its basically Amazon without the website listing - we let our sellers design their own sales channel :-)
We believe there are many things a seller or small business has to worry about when selling online, logistics/payments/etc shouldn't be one of them. With our solution, SMBs and D2C brands get access to technologies and services like next day delivery, same day delivery, live package tracking, Card/Cash on delivery, scheduled delivery etc, making parcel delivery just as simple as collecting payment.
We also provide robust APIs which makes it easy for developers to add shipping capabilities to their multichannel online store.
We want to be the #1 checkout platform that’s reliable, easy to use and affordable.
You have experience in Java/Scala/JVM based languages and have an understanding of server design and implementation. You are looking for challenges in growing a product from hundreds to millions of visitors per month making thousands of transactions a day.
You like working with streaming/reactive architectures and have experience/interest in setting up MongoDB based cloud infra from scratch. You generally prefer to use a minimal set of simple tools to a diverse range of complex ones.
We are looking to build a back-end cloud infrastructure (on Java/Scala with Google Cloud Platform preferably) which will be a fault-tolerant real-time stream processing system on the cloud - Our system will need to meet liveliness guarantees from a web/API application perspective (and not a big data/ETL perspective).
You like to work on a variety of projects - at this job, you’ll be developing a complex backend API infra, a reactive streaming architecture and a cloud-native, highly available API for our customers.
Experienced in any JVM based language.
Have some experience in NoSQL and architecting APIs
Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well cross-functionally.
You to be a part of a small, but a super capable team.
The opportunity to work closely with founders to define, scope, estimate and plan various aspects of the product. Being one of the first hires at Swift, you will be involved in both high and low-level decision making. This means a lot of ownership, which we cultivate by having a flat structure.
Competitive salary and stock options from a high-growth company.