The Risk team is responsible for overall risk framework and strategy for the organization. The team develops various risk models, arrives at various sector reports from a risk perspective and provides in depth analysis and recommendation around risk profiles of various clients.
In this role, the person is responsible for playing a leadership role in the Risk function to identify, assess, monitor and make timely and measured judgments on all current and potential future risks faced, in order to protect the organization’s interest, assets and reputation of the group along with growing shareholder value and profitability.
- Manage risk for the retail and wholesale portfolio. Should have managed organization level Risk Policies, Credit Underwriting and Collection functions.
- Manage risk framework for the organization - including updating, establishing new risk management mechanisms, to identify, assess, monitor, measure and control a broad spectrum of risks. Ensure all policies and frameworks are kept updated and deployed to the optimum level.
- Develop continuous monitoring and improvement of the quality of the organization's credit and lending portfolio through credit policy direction and implementation.
- Possess a complete understanding the business. Evaluate, improve, and monitor the business, including assisting in reporting to the Board and Board Committees and providing leadership in the effectiveness of credit risk management controls, systems, and processes across the organization.
- Lead and mentor a team of analysts.
- Possess 7+ years of relevant experience in financial services industry in a risk role.
- Exposure to both wholesale and retail risk in a banking environment will be preferred. Some experience in a business / sales role within the banking / NBFC space will be an added advantage.
- Should have held a position of authority in terms of allocation and appropriating limits.
- Sector understanding in financial institution space and good knowledge of interpreting financial trends.
- High proficiency in Python and SQL/NoSQL.
- Experience with big data and cloud computing e.g., PySpark, data lake is a plus.
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to speak at various levels of an organization (CXOs to analysts).
- Have demonstrated resilience – stayed with companies and taking businesses to scale, have preferably not ‘hopped jobs. Strong organizational skills and excellent follow-through.
- Present / articulate / position an idea compellingly and ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Takes personal ownership; Self-starter; Ability to drive projects with minimal guidance and focus on high impact work.
- Learns continuously; Seeks out knowledge, ideas and feedback.
Kaleidofin is a neobank for the informal sector, which provides solutions tailored to the customer’s goals and are intuitive to use. We are working towards creating fair and transparent financial solutions that can target millions of customers and enterprises in India that don’t have easy access to formal financial planning. Our name “kaleidofin” is inspired by the power of financial solutions to enable beautiful possibilities of a future life for each customer.
We believe that everyone deserves and requires access to financial solutions that are intuitive and easy to use, flexible and personalised to real goals that can make financial progress and financial freedom possible for everyone.
We believe financial solutions can provide customers powerful tools that solve their real life goals and challenges. For too long, the financial services industry has been a manufacturer producing products and fitting customers to their products. At kaleidofin, we want to flip this around, keep the customer at the centre and provide mass tailored solutions that are best suited to meet the customer’s own goals/challenges.
The demand for financial services is, therefore, a demand derived from an underlying goal and aspiration of an individual. There is an urgent need to make financial services and solutions intuitive for customers and embed them in their everyday life.
kaleidofin will leverage the full India stack, existing networks, analytics, structuring and user-centred design to drive outcomes for customers, in the process, we will also help enrich the digital asset of each such customer.
Our approach is
- To combine distinct financial products (credit, investment, insurance, savings) to form a solution that actually both resonates with and works for the customer.
- To build customer profiling, underwriting, solution design and machine learning suitability algorithms to solve this gigantic customer problem.
- To leverage networks such as agents, cooperatives, self-help groups, temp agencies, MFIs to deliver suitable solutions at enormous scale.
In a very short time span, global investors such as Oiko Credit, Flourish, Omidyar Network and Blume Ventures have supported Kaleidofin’s well thought out business model with $8 million in seed and Series A funding.
The company won the Amazon AI Conclave award for Fintech, was one of only ten startups chosen for the Google LaunchPad Accelerator program in 2019, was recognized as India’s Most Innovative Wealth, Asset and Investment Management Service/Product by the Internet & Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) and was selected to present at United Nations General Assembly Special Task Force Event.
With its focus to harness mobile technology to deliver a paperless experience as well as its focus to harness technology and analytics to predict the right product for the right customer, Kaleidofin aims to become a leading FinTech player bringing financial solutions to everyone.
- Senior SD4 engineer/Principal Engineer/ Architect who has led or been part of platform teams inside a large/mid tech company
- Deep expertise working with any of the programming languages to write maintainable, scalable, unit-tested code.Python experience is a bonus - but not required
- Good understanding of REST APIs and the web in general and ability to build a feature from scratch & drive it to completion
- Experience with Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK stack, Load Balancing
- Experience in building a platform team on AWS for Product based companies/start-ups
What You’ll Do
- Build the core technology platform, including Automated provisioning of infrastructure, deployment, and monitoring of services
- Build a central services directory within an organization that shows the cost and health of all services and makes the management of microservices extremely easy
- This involves working with core infrastructure and understanding them in great detail - like Kubernetes, ServiceMesh, Service security
- Mentor/coach engineers to facilitate their development and provide technical leadership
We are looking for a Django Python Developer to join our engineering team and help us develop and maintain various software products.
Python Developer responsibilities include writing and testing code, debugging programs and integrating applications with third-party web services. To be successful in this role, you should have experience using server-side logic and work well in a team.
- BSc/BE/BTech in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Must have 3+ years of work experience as a Python Developer
- Expertise in Django Framework. Other frameworks like Flask Pyramid knowledge is good to have
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix administration, and AWS.
- 3+ years of SDE work experience from Product based companies
- Experience in Java, Spring Boot, MySQL, Kafka, Hbase, AWS
- Experience in Multi threading, distributed systems, Best practices of coding, scaling
As an experienced engineer we know that you have built software to solve various business problems at your previous workplaces. You may have also explored technologies on your own for your learning or hobby projects.
- You will be building APIs for the Synup platform and also UI to make our platform capabilities available to our customers.
- You and the team that you are a part of will be collectively responsible building performant software and customer experiences that scale to our next million customers.
- You will be responsible for writing technical specs and contributing to it's implementation. We expect that you would have done the same in your previous workplaces.
- Other folks on our team are looking forward to learn from your experiences.
For engineers that join our team
- We expect you to be good with Ruby or Python to build APIs.
- You will be contributing to our UI that is built with React and GraphQL.
- We hope our team members have a strong grasp of software design patterns and know when to put them to good use.
- Experience with an SQL datastore would help a lot. PostgreSQL is our primary datastore.
- We optimize our search functionality and rollup reports by using ElasticSearch
- We expect that you have used Redis. Redis is our swiss army knife to solve a lot of problems apart from just caching.
You will be a part of: Supply Chain Management (SCM)
Myntra-Jabong Supply Chain Management systems form the backbone of our core business and customer experience. Any business runs on a simple construct of Demand (Consumer) and Supply (Producer). However, a set of complex and intricate methods, processes and systems connect the demand with supply in a deterministic and predictable way. These methods, processes and systems collectively form the Supply Chain for the business. The multi-billion-dollar Myntra-Jabong business fundamentally rests on a set of highly scalable, robust and intelligent Supply Chain Management systems that solve real-world problems of predicting the demand from millions of our customers, for a combination of millions of products from our product catalogue, and intelligently connecting that demand to thousands of national and international sellers or suppliers using a set of advanced homegrown tech products that we build and manage.
with world-class software products.
The SCM engineering at Myntra-Jabong operates within two distinct verticals: Supply-chain Outbound (Fulfilment systems) & Supply-chain Inbound (Selection systems, Partner experience).
● Own the architecture of Myntra’s new product platforms to drive business results
● Be a visible leader to drive and own the architecture and design of some of the most advanced & complex software systems / products in the industry to create company wide impact.
● Help build, mentor and coach a team of very talented Engineers, Architects, Quality engineers, System Operation Engineers and DevOps engineers in architectural and design best practices.
● Be an operational and technical leader with a passion for distributed systems, cloud service
development, deployment and delivery.
● Be accountable for the design, for the ease of evolution, quality of the systems, performance, scaling, and availability characteristics and limitations of the systems.
● Envision and develop the long-term architectural direction, with emphasis on platforms/ reusable components while adopting a nimble delivery process. Establish structures and processes that ensure a high level of quality and reliability and extensibility of deliverables.
● Drive the creation of next generation extensible web, mobile and fashion commerce platforms, security protocols, customisation and tools to support continuous scaling, internationalization and platform extensions
● Drive code and design reviews of components / systems / products in scope and drives the
architectural governance for them
● Set directional paths for the teams/department for adoption of new technology stacks for solving business problems
● Be a very visible representative of multiple technology domains and represent Myntra in external technical forums
● Work with product management, business stakeholders and other engineering leaders to help define mid-term, long-term roadmaps and shape business directions
● Initiate and deliver leadership training within the engineering organisation, including training new managers, and drive the growth of leaders to create a strong leadership bench
Desired Skills and Experience
● 12 - 16 years of experience in software product development
● Must have a degree in Computer Science or related field
● A solid engineer at heart with excellent abstraction, coding and system design skills
● Proven track record of leading the architecture and delivery in a startup/e-commerce ecosystem within a high growth & matrix environment
● Successfully architected and led technology for consumer-facing products in the global market along with being an efficient proficient problem-solver who envisions business and technical perspectives to develop workable solutions
● Must have exposure to leading product development end-end (portfolio to delivery, re-architectures)
● Strong hands-on technology experience building and running large scale systems handling
multi-million sessions/transactions per day
● Solid experience in large scale Database systems like RDBMS & NoSQL stores
● Strong design/development experience in building massively large scale distributed internet systems and products
● Excellent programming skills in Java/GO and expertise in multi-threading and performance-oriented programming
● Solid experience in Distributed systems, highly scalable products, performance & reliability
● Excellent understanding of processing platforms and queues
● Experience and knowledge of open source software, frameworks and broader cutting edge
technologies around server-side development in Java
● Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, concurrency and fundamentals of
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. We believe in giving engineers responsibility, not tasks. Our goal is to motivate and challenge people to do their best work. To do that, we have a very fluid structure and give people flexibility to work on projects that they enjoy the most. This develops more capable engineers, and keeps everyone engaged and happy.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the software.
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise.
- Identify and solve for bottlenecks within our software stack.
Rubrik Software Engineers are self-starters, driven, and can manage themselves. Bottom line, if you have a limitless drive and like to win, we want to talk to you - come make history!
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent in computer science or related field
- 8+ years of relevant work experience,
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages like Java, C/C++, Scala, Python
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform/AWS/Azure or other public cloud technologies is a plus
- Experience working with two or more from the following: Unix/Linux environments, Windows environments, distributed systems, networking, developing large software systems, file systems, storage systems, hypervisors, databases and/or security software development.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Galactus team owns the end to end development of Rubrik’s data management suite for commercial public clouds - AWS, Azure and GCP. Our objective is to bring the simplicity of Rubrik’s on-prem data protection and management offerings to our customers in the cloud through a solution designed from ground up to be highly scalable, available & secure and yet optimized to minimize our customer’s cloud costs. We achieve this by taking a cloud-first approach to design - leveraging technologies built for the scale, elasticity and automation needs of the cloud; and deploying on our brand new SaaS platform called Polaris.
Recently we have :-
- Built policy based backup and recovery for Virtual Machines in AWS, Azure and GCP and managed databases in AWS.
- Built features like granular file recovery leveraging managed Kubernetes Service in AWS for elastic compute
Rubrik is one of the fastest-growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionising data protection, and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.