Job Title - DevOps Engineer
Reports Into - Lead DevOps Engineer
Location - India
A Little Bit about Kwalee….
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game developers and publishers, with well over 900 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Airport Security and Makeover Studio 3D. We also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade and Scathe.
What’s In It For You?
Hybrid working - 3 days in the office, 2 days remote/ WFH is the norm
Flexible working hours - we trust you to choose how and when you work best
Profit sharing scheme - we win, you win
Private medical cover - delivered through BUPA
Life Assurance - for long term peace of mind
On site gym - take care of yourself
Relocation support - available
Quarterly Team Building days - we’ve done Paintballing, Go Karting & even Robot Wars
Pitch and make your own games on Creative Wednesdays!
Are You Up To The Challenge?
As a DevOps Engineer you have a passion for automation, security and building reliable expandable systems. You develop scripts and tools to automate deployment tasks and monitor critical aspects of the operation, resolve engineering problems and incidents. Collaborate with architects and developers to help create platforms for the future.
Your Team Mates
The DevOps team works closely with game developers, front-end and back-end server developers making, updating and monitoring application stacks in the cloud.Each team member has specific responsibilities with their own projects to manage and bring their own ideas to how the projects should work. Everyone strives for the most efficient, secure and automated delivery of application code and supporting infrastructure.
What Does The Job Actually Involve?
Find ways to automate tasks and monitoring systems to continuously improve our systems.
Develop scripts and tools to make our infrastructure resilient and efficient.
Understand our applications and services and keep them running smoothly.
Your Hard Skills
Minimum 1 years of experience on a dev ops engineering role
Deep experience with Linux and Unix systems
Networking basics knowledge (named, nginx, etc)
Some coding experience (Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
Experience with common automation tools (Ex. Chef, Terraform, etc)
AWS experience is a plus
A creative mindset motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best
Your Soft Skills
Kwalee has grown fast in recent years but we’re very much a family of colleagues. We welcome people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances, and all we ask is that you collaborate, work hard, ask questions and have fun with your team and colleagues.
We don’t like egos or arrogance and we love playing games and celebrating success together. If that sounds like you, then please apply.
A Little More About Kwalee
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts.
Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle.
We have an amazing team of experts collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Lisbon, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, Cyprus, the Philippines and many more places around the world. We’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales, which is based in France.
We have a truly global team making games for a global audience, and it’s paying off: - Kwalee has been voted the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership Team at the TIGA Awards (Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth - including Antarctica!
- Supervision of the CI/CD process for the automated builds and deployments of web services and web applications as well as desktop tool in the cloud and container environment
- Responsibility of the operations part of a DevOps organization especially for development in the environment of container technology and orchestration, e.g. with Kubernetes
- Installation, operation and monitoring of web applications in cloud data centers for the purpose of development of the test as well as for the operation of an own productive cloud
- Implementation of installations of the solution especially in the container context
- Introduction, maintenance and improvement of installation solutions for development in the desktop and server environment as well as in the cloud and with on-premise Kubernetes
- Maintenance of the system installation documentation and implementation of trainings
Execution of internal software tests and support of involved teams and stakeholders
- Hands on Experience with Azure DevOps.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in communications engineering, electrical engineering, physics or comparable qualification
- Experience in software
- Installation and administration of Linux and Windows systems including network and firewalling aspects
- Experience with build and deployment automation with tools like Jenkins, Gradle, Argo, AnangoDB or similar as well as system scripting (Bash, Power-Shell, etc.)
- Interest in operation and monitoring of applications in virtualized and containerized environments in cloud and on-premise
- Server environments, especially application, web-and database servers
- Knowledge in VMware/K3D/Rancer is an advantage
- Good spoken and written knowledge of English
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer (individual contributor) to maintain and build upon our next-generation infrastructure. We aim to ensure that our systems are secure, reliable and high-performing by constantly striving to achieve best-in-class infrastructure and security by:
- Leveraging a variety of tools to ensure all configuration is codified (using tools like Terraform and Flux) and applied in a secure, repeatable way (via CI)
- Routinely identifying new technologies and processes that enable us to streamline our operations and improve overall security
- Holistically monitoring our overall DevOps setup and health to ensure our roadmap constantly delivers high-impact improvements
- Eliminating toil by automating as many operational aspects of our day-to-day work as possible using internally created, third party and/or open-source tools
- Maintain a culture of empowerment and self-service by minimizing friction for developers to understand and use our infrastructure through a combination of innovative tools, excellent documentation and teamwork
Come Dive In
The DevOps Engineer will execute the tools and processes to enable DevOps.
Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services from inception and design through deployment, operation, and refinement to efficiently deliver high-quality solutions. The candidate should bridge the gap between Development and Operational teams, working with the development teams to meet acceptance criteria and gather and document the requirements. Candidates should be able to work in fast-paced,
As An DevOps Engineer, You Will
● Work in a dynamic, agile team environment developing excellent new applications.
● Participate in design decisions, including new technology research and prototyping
● Collaborate closely with other AWS engineers and architects, cloud engineers, support teams, and other stakeholders
● Promote great Kubernetes and AWS platform design and quality
● Innovate new ideas to evolve our applications and processes
● Continuously analyzing and evaluating our systems, products, and methods for potential improvements.
● Experience on Linux based infrastructure
● Experience in ECS - Amazon services*
● Should have hands-on containerized Services
● Must know about AWS CI/CD pipeline.
● Must know DevOps concepts and Agile principles
● Knowledge of Git, Docker, and Jenkins
● Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code.
● Experience in using Automation Tools
● Must have experience in Test Driven Development environment setup.
● Working knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
We recognize that asking you to give 100% of yourself daily requires us to show you the love.
PERKS: what can we offer you?
● Bi-Yearly performance audits and appraisals
● The flexibility of working days/hours
● 5 working days/week (Mon to Fri) and added payout for working Saturday
● Recognition and Appreciation
● A plethora of industry exposure and self-growth opportunities
Visit our site: www.cedcoss.com
DevOps Engineer, Plum & Empuls
As DevOps Engineer, you are responsible to setup and maintain GIT repository, DevOps tools like Jenkins, UCD, Docker, Kubernetes, Jfrog Artifactory, Cloud monitoring tools, Cloud security.
- Setup, configure, and maintain GIT repos, Jenkins, UCD, etc. for multi hosting cloud environments.
- Architect and maintain the server infrastructure in AWS. Build highly resilient infrastructure following industry best practices.
- Working on Docker images and maintaining Kubernetes clusters.
- Develop and maintain the automation scripts using Ansible or other available tools.
- Maintain and monitor cloud Kubernetes Clusters and patching when necessary.
- Working on Cloud security tools to keep applications secured.
- Participate in software development lifecycle, specifically infra design, execution, and debugging required to achieve successful implementation of integrated solutions within the portfolio.
- Required Technical and Professional Expertise.
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience in IT industry.
- Expertise in implementing and managing Devops CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience in DevOps automation tools. And Very well versed with DevOps Frameworks, Agile.
- Working knowledge of scripting using shell, Python, Terraform, Ansible or puppet or chef.
- Experience and good understanding in any of Cloud like AWS, Azure, Google cloud.
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes is required.
- Proficient in troubleshooting skills with proven abilities in resolving complex technical issues.
- Experience with working with ticketing tools.
- Middleware technologies knowledge or database knowledge is desirable.
- Experience and well versed with Jira tool is a plus.
A fast-growing SaaS commerce company based in Bangalore with offices in Delhi, San Francisco, and Dublin. Empuls works with over 100 global clients. We help our clients engage and motivate their employees, sales teams, channel partners, or consumers for better business results.
We look forward to connecting with you. As you may take time to review this opportunity, we will wait for a reasonable time of around 3-5 days before we screen the collected applications and start lining up job discussions with the hiring manager. We however assure you that we will attempt to maintain a reasonable time window for successfully closing this requirement. The candidates will be kept informed and updated on the feedback and application status
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Champion engineering and operational excellence.
- Establish a solid infrastructure framework and excellent development and deployment processes.
- Provide technical guidance to both your team members and your peers from the development team.
- Work with the development teams closely to gather system requirements, new service proposals and large system improvements and come up with the infrastructure architecture leading to stable, well-monitored fly, performant and secure systems.
- Be part of and help create a positive work environment based on accountability.
- Communicate across functions and drive engineering initiatives.
- Initiate cross team collaboration with product development teams to develop high quality, polished products, and services.
Required Skills :
- 5+ years of professional experience developing and launching software products on Cloud.
- Basic understanding Java/Go Programming
- Good Understanding of Container Technologies/Orchestration platforms (e. g Docker, Kubernetes)
- Deep understanding of AWS or Any Cloud.
- Good understanding of data stores like Postgres, Redis, Kafka, and Elasticsearch.
- Good Understanding of Operating systems
- Strong technical background with track record of individual technical accomplishments
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to establish credibility with smart engineers quickly.
- Most importantly, ability to learn and urge to learn new things.
- B.Tech/M.Tech in Computer Science or a related technical field.
Are you a good fit?
If you can integrate or learn to integrate Prometheus monitoring for services that run inside pods on Kubernetes, you are the person we are looking for.
If you don't know any of these terms, our apologies, this is not the job for you.
- Should be able to understand deployment process of client and propose best implementation options for HyperTest.
- Should know or quickly learn all there is to linux administration.
- Should be able to troubleshoot infrastructure, installation problems.
- Should have good expertise in dealing with popular reverse proxies/load balancers like nginx, ha-proxy, IIS, apache, envoy, etc.
- Should have good expertise in working with docker and containers in general.
- Experience with kubernetes would be a huge plus.
- Experience of only working with services company or having spent major part of their time there.
- Not Particular about shifting to a new language or stack but exploring a position aligned to their current technical experience.
- Very hands-on, does not seek direction constantly neither needs continuous supervision from a manager to finish tasks.
- Not looking to work in very large teams.
- First-hand opportunity to learn ML and Data science (CTO is MS in AI/ML from Georgia Tech) and apply to real-life engineering problems that HyperTest solves
- Generous stock options in a fast growing company in a $50bn market. Opportunity to be a early employee and a future technical leader
- Handsome pay according to industry norms
Candidates who will not be a good fit
- Experience of only working with services company or having spent major part of their time there
- Particular about not shifting to a new language or stack but exploring a position aligned to their current technical experience
- Not very hands-on, seek direction constantly and need continuous supervision from a manager to finish tasks
- Looking to work in very large teams
P.S. If selected for interview probable assignment:
Setup Prometheus on a kubernetes cluster for a deployment. (deployment yaml files would be provided to you)
Implement DevOps capabilities in cloud offerings using CI/CD toolsets and automation
Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps
Troubleshooting techniques and fixing the code bugs
Coordination and communication within the team and with client team
Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools
Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous
development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
Pre-requisite skills required:
Experience working on Linux based infrastructure
Experience of scripting in at-least 2 languages ( Bash + Python / Ruby )
Working knowledge of various tools, open-source technologies, and cloud services
Experience with Docker, AWS ( ec2, s3, iam, eks, route53), Ansible, Helm, Terraform
Experience with building, maintaining, and deploying Kubernetes environments and
Experience with build and release automation and dependency management; implementing
Clear fundamentals with DNS, HTTP, HTTPS, Micro-Services, Monolith etc.
DevOps Consultant!! MERN Stack Project Manager – Systems (Enterprise or Solutions) Architect needed!
I appreciate you taking time to read this. I have posted a job for developers to work on a start-up, the link is ......
I would need someone with DevOps experience, to ensure that the project is undertaken with the highest standards possible. I have had many experiences where ‘completed’ software after years of development was filled with bugs and it would be more cost-effective to start from scratch than to attempt to find and correct all the bugs.
I have attempted to learn as much as possible, but I now have an opportunity and it would better serve the venture to have someone handle the management of the project to ensure that;
- We choose the most appropriate technology
- We choose competent developers in those technologies
- The architecture and data modeling are clearly defined in a ‘blueprint’ plan
- A DevOps environment and processes are set up and the developers understand what is required
- Proper tests are carried out to ensure everything works as intended
- There are processes for testers to follow and competent testers are selected to follow them
- Accessibility, localization, and internationalization are planned ahead of time
- Security, scalability, and other future probabilities that I may not even be aware of are considered and planned ahead of time
- Documentation and code reviews, refactoring and other quality assurance processes are undertaken
- Working software is produced and systems that enable new developers or teams of people to easily take over and/or contribute new modules or updates in a controlled and organized fashion
- Cost estimates or budgets/projections or use of SaaS, hosting and other 3rd party services and applications
I am more concerned with a professional and world-class organizational system than with any particular type of software been produced as the strong foundation will enable anything to be creating with efficacy and precision.
Again, thank you for reading this, please reply with the word “superstar” anywhere in the second line of your response. I look forward to hearing from you.
Warm wishes DevOps Evangelist,