We’re a team of finance and technology enthusiasts who enjoy revolutionizing the investment industry through digital products & services. We’re building the next generation investment management platform for our financial professional customers so they can build better investment portfolios & help their clients retire in style.
About the role:
We’re looking for a full stack engineer to be part of a team of talented engineers and help us build high quality financial products that we launch to the market via partnerships with banks and broker-dealers. The candidate should be an innovator, highly technical, and passionate about speed, quality, and building amazing products. The candidate should also have demonstrated success in scaling platforms. Our team operates in a start-up environment with the backing of a large, industry leader and we actively cultivate a culture of innovation and excellence. The ideal candidate should enjoy working in this setting.
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain highly performant api-driven web applications on our stack (Angular, React, SASS, Java SpringBoot, Mulesoft).
- Design and implement REST APIs to industry/company standards
- Work with our amazing product design team to develop and iterate on user interfaces that bring simplicity to complicated financial data.
- Interact with engineering members across the organization to ensure consistency in engineering practices and foster active exchange of ideas
- We have development centers in Atlanta, Houston, New York City and India and the ability to collaborate across a global organization is a key skill.
- Perform peer code reviews. Review performance, security and flexibility of the code.
- Participating in agile ceremonies (e.g. daily standup, release and sprint planning, demos, scrum of scrums).
- Work with Architect to define technical roadmaps
- Participate and help to evangelist and promote enterprise solutions with business and technology partners
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years experienced in front-end frameworks, such as Angular and React
- 3+ years experience in back-end technologies, such as Node.JS, ExpressJS, or Java Springboot
- 2+ years experience with Mulesoft
- Experience with core AWS services
- Experience working in an Agile team and environment
- Familiarity with software engineering support systems and tools, such as Git, Jenkins, Bamboo, Gulp, Bower, Maven, Log4j
- Familiar with SSO solutions, such as SAML, OAuth, OpenID a plus
- Knowledge of the Financial Services industry a plus
Good to Have:
- Experience with DevOps tools like Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience in developing microservices-based architectures
- Experience with Python technologies
Subodh PopalwarSoftware Engineer, Memorres
Supportive. 🙌🏼 Inclusive. 🌈 Connected.🏻🏻
A true sense of belonging connects us all. We thrive because of our relationships with others and achieve more when we work together.
We are a global investment firm dedicated to creating greater possibilities for our clients.
We are more than 8,400 dedicated people in over 26 countries applying our passion, integrity, and expertise every day to solving the needs of our clients and finding new ways for them to realize their goals.
Driven by solutions
We are driven by creating the right solutions for our clients using investing art, science, and expertise across the firm, around the world, and across nearly every asset class, strategy, and vehicle.
Power of ideas
We believe in the power of ideas
over a top-down investing approach or philosophy. We seek out and embrace diverse thinking and ideas to create the best outcomes for our clients and their differing needs.
We commit to our responsibilities, the role we play in the world, and the challenges we help solve - from the products we create to how we apply ESG principles as investors and how we live them as an organization.
Managing with trust
This is why we’re trusted to manage $1.5 trillion of assets*, giving our clients the confidence of working with a partner with size, scale and stability, who takes the utmost pride in their duty of care.
Roles & Responsibilities
- You will be a key member in building modern web application platforms.
- Building user interfaces for management products
- Creating wireframes, prototypes based on the requirements.
- Building api for UI backend.
- Provide assistance in the up-gradation and maintenance of web applications.
- 3 to 5 years of web development experience is required.
- Hands-on experience with api and microservice development.
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as NodeJs, Java, GoLang, etc.
- Exposure to wireframing and prototyping.
- Familiarity with database technology such as MongoDB.
- Good to have:
- Experience in UX design.
- Working experience on Linux environments.
- Working experience on Docker and Kubernetes.
- Working experience in microservices.
- Knowledge of the networking domain.
A top of the line, premium software advisory & development services firm. Our customers include promising early stage start ups, fortune 500 enterprises and investors. We draw inspiration from Leonardo Da Vinci's famous quote - Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
Domains we work in:
Multiple; publishing, retail, banking, networking, social sector, education and many more.
Tech we use
Java, Scala, Golang, Elixir, Python, RoR, .Net, JS frameworks
More details on tech:
You name it and we might be working on it. The important thing is not technology here but what kind of solutions we provide to our clients. We believe to solve some of the most complex problems, holistic thinking and solution design is of extreme importance. Technology is the most important tool to implement the solution thus designed.
Who should join us:
We are looking for curious & inquisitive technology practitioners. Our customers see us one of the most premium advisory and development services firm, hence most of the problems we work on are complex and often hard to solve. You can expect to work in small (2-5) people teams, working very closely with the customers in iterative developing and evolving the solution. We are continually on the search for passionate, bright and energetic professionals to join our team.
So, if you are someone who has strong fundamentals on technology and wants to stretch, beyond the regular role based boundaries, then Sahaj is the place for you. You will experience a world, where there are no roles or grades and you will play different roles and wear multiple hats, to deliver a software project.
- Work on complex, custom-designed, scalable, multi-tiered software development projects
- Work closely with clients (commercial & social enterprises, start-ups), both Business and Technical staff members * Be responsible for the quality of software and resolving any issues regards the solution
- Think through hard problems, not limited to technology and work with a team to realise and implement solutions
- Learn something new every day
- Development and delivery experience in any of the programming languages
- Passion for software engineering and craftsman-like coding prowess
- Great design and solutioning skills (OO & Functional)
- Experience including analysis, design, coding and implementation of large-scale custom-built object-oriented applications
- Understanding of code refactoring and optimisation issues
- Understanding of Virtualisation & DevOps. Experience with Ansible, Chef, and Docker preferable * Ability to learn new technologies and adapt to different situations
- Ability to handle ambiguity on a day-to-day basis
Skills:- J2EE, Spring Boot, Hibernate (Java), Java and Scala
- Develop Spring based server-side components of Enterprise applications.
- Build self-dependent modules which can integrate with external applications.
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- We're looking for developers with 2-4 years of experience
Required Candidate profile
- 2 - 10 years experience
- Proven experience in server-side java development.
- Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
- String Knowledge in Java, Spring framework.
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache)
Perks and BenefitsHealth insurancea learning environmentopportunity to work on cutting edge technologiesexposure to key customers in India and abroadwork closely with senior leadership that has already developed world class products
You have experience in tackling organization wide challenges which are complex initiative that span multiple teams and products. Strong bias for operational and engineering excellence. critical that your voice is heard in product and business decisions. You like to find patterns that can reuse across multiple stacks, and willingness to help organisations adopt newer technologies. You are a great communicator and you take care setting high benchmarks in technical design choices. You spend a lot of time on research and love to discuss pros/cons of all choices and helping others towards making careful decisions.
- You will participate in all aspects of our development and provide expertise on architecture decisions we'll need to make to solve organisational problems.
- Driving technical roadmaps for the organisation.
- Set the north star for all key technical metrics to monitor and set high standards.
- Identify and articulate current state architecture and clarity on final state architecture and build organisation level influence to drive this to conclusion.
- Coaching / mentoring folks across the organisation on various technologies.
- Improve the recruiting and hiring process.
- Thinks about culture and how to impact it.
- Build, develop and scale our platform that powers real estate agents, buyers and sellers.
- Become a domain expert on real estate technology and products and an empathetic partner to our customers.
- Inspire, recruit and mentor your engineering colleagues.
- Operate in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern principles of decoupled systems and automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive. efficiencies.
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent.
- Proven track record working in top talent and high performance environments.
- Experience working on large scale systems in rapid growth environments.
- Experience with modern web frameworks (e. g. Go/React), distributed computing (e. g. Spark), public cloud platforms (e. g. AWS) and data pipelines
- Familiarity with containerisation, microservices architecture, continuous integration and delivery.
- Experience with multiple well-known products throughout their life cycles, from idea conception to product release and maintenance.
- 10+ years experience.
- Published Engineering blogs.
- Experience with multiple well-known products throughout their life cycles, from idea conception to product release and maintenance.
- External presentations in events.
Experience: 5+ years
Location: Bangalore (Remote)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and code features in the front-end and back-end as per the specifications provided by the Product and Design teams.
- Ship features in fast moving agile sprints.
- Work closely with Product Design and Product Management teams to brainstorm and chalk out details of features.
- Ability to build a feature from scratch & drive it to completion.
- Strong skills in architecting database models.
- Ability to document your code as this will be an open-core project.
- Ability to write unit, integration, and end to end tests.
- Conduct peer code review.
- Good understanding of asynchronous programming, callback, and closures.
- Experience developing applications that use queues like SQS, RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with AWS services like S3, EC2, etc.
- Experience with Docker.
- Strong experience with ReactJS: hooks, functional programming, and optimizing render functions.
- Good knowledge of CSS.
- Experience with creating cross-browser compatible web apps.
- Should be strong in Postgres database.
- Test driven development and use of frameworks like Mocha, Cypress.
- Strong proficiency in English and writing skills.
Good to have
- Basic knowledge of CI, CD
- Intermediate knowledge in any cloud services (AWS, GCP)
- Have created GraphQL APIs or worked with the Apollo framework.
- Have built previous functionality for CRM, marketing, or customer support tools.
- Have worked in open source project previously.
- Must have strong exposure working on Java Script
- Strong understanding of REST APIs
- Have experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM is a definite advantage
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GitHub
- Good to have working experience on CSS pre-processor either LESS or SASS
- Good understanding of BEM (Block, Element, Modifier) methodology
- Proficiency in Database (MySQL, MongoDB)
- Proficiency in best practices for building backend services like Session management, caching, authentication, etc
- Working on the frontend technologies as well as building the APIs that enable them. You will be working closely with the founders, coding and learning as you go.
- Growing and leading the team, as well as influencing the direction of the company. You will have an opportunity to grow exponentially as the company grows in terms of in-depth knowledge, skills and also growth in terms of position and compensation.
- Participating with the senior developer in the entire application lifecycle, designing, coding, testing, debugging to deployment.
- Implementing designs and coordinating the frontend development and required backend for it.
- Working on back-end development tasks and designing architecture for the same.
- Making Efficient usage of database technologies such as MySQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis etc. as part of the dev work.
- Performing research and finding opportunities to utilise web development best practices, forming guidelines to improve system productivity, and working on scaling and monitoring.
- Working with cross-functional teams to maintain and make sure the product should be scalable, maintainable and secure.
- Coordinating with multiple junior team members for the development of the tasks & project
- Developing user interface components and implementing them following well-known React.js workflow.
- Architecting the application out in clean MVC kind of architectures in React Native for Android/ iOS app development.
- Developing APIs with MVC frameworks in Java / Python.
- Designing and building REST APIs.
- Building on and maintaining services on cloud platforms.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
What you need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Tier 1 Software companies or Tier 1 startups
- 3+ years of experience working as a Full-stack developer or Backend but knows Frontend technology.
- Built an application from scratch earlier.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of any backend language such as Python, Java etc.
- Experience with Backend Web development.
- Strong computer science fundamentals.
- The ability to own end to end responsibility - right from requirement to release.
- Willingness and enthusiasm drive to learn new technologies.
- The ability to pick the right tools for the job.
- Desire and ability to play different roles as necessary.
- At least 2+ years of product development experience with expertise in designing and implementing high-performance java enterprise applications
- Extensive knowledge in Object-Oriented Programming and Design
- Extensive knowledge of Java, Spring, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Struts
- Exposure to or experience with Git, Bitbucket, Jira, Jenkins etc.
- Extensive knowledge in creating and consuming RESTful API
- Extensive knowledge in automated unit testing using JUnit
- Experience in AWS infrastructure
- Knowledge in writing SQL queries and interacting with database systems such as Oracle, SQL Server,
- Thorough orientation towards Code reviews, Coding standards, Design Standards, and Code Documentation
- Knowledge in design patterns
- Knowledge of Data modeling in RDBMS or NoSQL databases
- A proactive approach to identify alternatives for a given problem statement
- Should have worked on enterprise-class applications
- Should have worked in an Agile environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills