Numerator is a data and technology company reinventing market research. Headquartered in Chicago, IL, Numerator has 1,600 employees worldwide. The company blends proprietary data with advanced technology to create unique insights for the market research industry that has been slow to change. The majority of Fortune 100 companies are Numerator clients.
What We Do and How?
We are a market research company, revolutionizing how it's done! We mix fast paced development and unique approaches to bring best practices and strategy to our technology. Our tech stack is deep, leveraging several languages and frameworks including Python, C#, Java, Kotlin, React, Angular, and Django among others. Our engineering hurdles sit at the intersection of technologies ranging from mobile, computer vision and crowdsourcing, to machine learning and big data analytics.
From San Francisco to Chicago to Ottawa, our R&D team is comprised of talented individuals spanning across a robust tech stack. The R&D team is comprised of product, data analytics, engineers across Front End, Back End, DevOps, Business Intelligence, ETL, Data Science, Mobile Apps, and much more. Across these different groups we work towards one common goal: To build products into efficient and seamless user experiences that help our clients succeed.
Numerator is looking for a Infrastructure Engineer to join our growing team. This is a unique opportunity where you will get a chance to work with an established and rapidly evolving platforms that handles millions of requests and massive amounts of data. In this position, you will be responsible for taking on new initiatives to automate, enhance, maintain, and scale services in a rapidly-scaling SaaS environment.
As a member of our team, you will make an immediate impact as you help build out and expand our technology platforms across several software products. This is a fast-paced role with high growth, visibility, impact, and where many of the decisions for new projects will be driven by you and your team from inception through production.
Some of the technologies we frequently use include: Terraform, Ansible, SumoLogic, Kubernetes, and many AWS-native services.
• Develop and test the cloud infrastructure to scale a rapidly growing ecosystem.
• Monitor and improve DevOps tools and processes, automate mundane tasks, and improve system reliability.
• Provide deep expertise to help steer scalability and stability improvements early in the life-cycle of development while working with the rest of the team to automate existing processes that deploy, test, and lead our production environments.
• Train teams to improve self-healing and self-service cloud-based ecosystems in an evolving AWS infrastructure.
• Build internal tools to demonstrate performance and operational efficiency.
• Develop comprehensive monitoring solutions to provide full visibility to the different platform components using tools and services like Kubernetes, Sumologic, Prometheus, Grafana.
• Identify and troubleshoot any availability and performance issues at multiple layers of deployment, from hardware, operating environment, network, and application.
• Work cross-functionally with various teams to improve Numerator’s infrastructure through automation.
• Work with other teams to assist with issue resolutions related to application configuration, deployment, or debugging.
• Lead by example and evangelize DevOps best practice within other engineering teams at Numerator.
Skills & Requirements
What you bring
• A minimum of 3 years of work experience in backend software, DevOps, or a related field.
• A passion for software engineering, automation and operations and are excited about reliability, availability and performance.
• Availability to participate in after-hours on-call support with your fellow engineers.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving mindset combined with experience troubleshooting large scale systems.
• Fundamental knowledge in networking; operating systems; package build system (IP subnets and routing, ACL’s, Core Ubuntu, PIP and NPM).
• Experience with automation technologies to build, deploy and integrate both infrastructure and applications (e.g., Terraform, Ansible).
• Experience using scripting languages like Python and *nix tools (Bash, sed/awk, Make).
• You enjoy developing and managing real-time distributed platforms and services that scale billions of requests.
• Have the ability to manage multiple systems across stratified environments.
• A deep enthusiasm for the Cloud and DevOps and keen to get other people involved.
• Experience with scaling and operationalizing distributed data stores, file systems and services.
• Running services in AWS or other cloud platforms, strong experience with Linux systems.
• Experience in modern software paradigms including cloud applications and serverless architectures.
• You look ahead to identify opportunities and foster a culture of innovation.
• BS, MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
Nice to haves
• Previous experience working with a geographically distributed software engineering team.
• Experience working with Jenkins or Circle-CI
• Experience with storage optimizations and management
• Solid understanding of building scalable, highly performant systems and services
• Expertise with big data, analytics, machine learning, and personalization.
• Start-up or CPG industry experience
If this sounds like something you would like to be part of, we’d love for you to apply! Don't worry if you think that you don't meet all the qualifications here. The tools, technology, and methodologies we use are constantly changing and we value talent and interest over specific experience.
Disclaimer: We do not charge any fee for employment and the same applies to the Recruitment Partners who we work with. Numerator is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit. Additionally, we do not ask for any refundable security deposit to be paid in bank accounts for employment purposes. We request candidates to be cautious of misleading communications and not pay any fee/ deposit to individuals/ agencies/ employment portals on the pretext of attending Numerator interview process or seeking employment with us. These would be fraudulent in nature. Anyone dealing with such individuals/agencies/
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Numerator backed by Vista Equity Partners is a Data-Tech company reinventing Market Research. Headquartered in Chicago, USA, Numerator has more than 1,600 employees worldwide. We blend proprietary data with advanced technology and elite services to create unique insights in a market research industry that has been slow to change. The majority of Fortune 100 companies are Numerator clients.
- Engineers will work on:
- Design and implement software to support a reliable Service Mesh, Istio, and microservices architecture
- Design and implement NodeJS SDKs that provide context specific services to EN users as well as other microservices implementations from different teams (logging, metrics, shared libraries)
- Implement shared CI/CD jobs for microservices
- Implement monitoring dashboards for new and existing microservices
- Projects will be 50% DevOps and 50% backend development depending on need
- Experience with Cloud technologies: Google, AWS
- Experience designing and implementing highly scalable backend components and services
- Experience with GIT, Jenkins, JIRA and IDEs
Good to have:
- Istio experience
- Multi-threading / parallel APIs
- Experience with Google Cloud is preferred
Section 1 -
- Responsible for managing and providing L1 support to Build, design, deploy and maintain the implementation of Cloud solutions on AWS.
- Implement, deploy and maintain development, staging & production environments on AWS.
- Familiar with serverless architecture and services on AWS like Lambda, Fargate, EBS, Glue, etc.
- Understanding of Infra as a code and familiar with related tools like Terraform, Ansible Cloudformation etc.
Section 2 -
- Managing the Windows and Linux machines, Kubernetes, Git, etc.
- Responsible for L1 management of Servers, Networks, Containers, Storage, and Databases services on AWS.
Section 3 -
- Timely monitoring of production workload alerts and quick addressing the issues
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the Backup and DR process.
Section 4 -
- Responsible for documenting the process.
- Responsible for leading cloud implementation projects with end-to-end execution.
Qualifications: Bachelors of Engineering / MCA Preferably with AWS, Cloud certification
Skills & Competencies
- Linux and Windows servers management and troubleshooting.
- AWS services experience on CloudFormation, EC2, RDS, VPC, EKS, ECS, Redshift, Glue, etc. - AWS EKS
- Kubernetes and containers knowledge
- Understanding of setting up AWS Messaging, streaming and queuing Services(MSK, Kinesis, SQS, SNS, MQ)
- Understanding of serverless architecture. - High understanding of Networking concepts
- High understanding of Serverless architecture concept - Managing to monitor and alerting systems
- Sound knowledge of Database concepts like Dataware house, Data Lake, and ETL jobs
- Good Project management skills
- Documentation skills
- Backup, and DR understanding
Soft Skills - Project management, Process Documentation
- AWS certification with between 2-4 years of experience with certification and project execution experience.
- Someone who is interested in building sustainable cloud architecture with automation on AWS.
- Someone who is interested in learning and being challenged on a day-to-day basis.
- Someone who can take ownership of the tasks and is willing to take the necessary action to get it done.
- Someone who is curious to analyze and solve complex problems.
- Someone who is honest with their quality of work and is comfortable with taking ownership of their success and failure, both.
- We are looking for someone who is interested to be part of creativity and the innovation-based environment with other team members.
- We are looking for someone who understands the idea/importance of teamwork and individual ownership at the same time.
- We are looking for someone who can debate logically, respectfully disagree, and can admit if proven wrong and who can learn from their mistakes and grow quickly
Job Sector: IT , Software
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Sholinganallur (Chennai)
Experience: 6 -8 Years
Salary: 11 – 13 LPA
Education: Any Graduate
Notice Period: Immediate
Key Skills: CI/CD Tools –Maven, Gradle, Fastlane, Jenkins, Travis
CV submission closing date: 22/07/2021
Contact at triple eight two zero nine four two double seven
- Design, develop, ship, and motivate the creation of software and systems to increase product reliability and organizational efficiency.
- Guide reliability practices through the entire software development lifecycle through activities like architecture reviews, code reviews, creating platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, and chaos testing.
- Maintain service health through monitoring and incident response.
- Improve service reliability through blameless post-incident reviews and using code to prevent or respond to problem recurrence.
- BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience writing code in Java, Go, Shell, Perl, Python, or a similar language.
- Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
- Strong interest in SRE topics like SLOs, resilience, scaling, performance, and more.
- We get excited about engineers who:
- have previous experience with public clouds and enabling technology (AWS & Terraform preferred or other similar technologies)
- Familiar on one or more CI/CD Tools – Maven, Gradle, Fastlane, Jenkins, Travis/CircleCI
- Experience designing using asynchronous messaging patterns
|• Deliver and support the deployment of Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform automation for enterprises|
|• Design, create, and deliver content that will enable support automation solutions at scale|
|• Working experience(min 6 months) in Ansible, RESTful APIs,|
|• Experience implementing a continuous integration (CI) or continuous development (CD) pipeline|
|• Intermediate-level scripting skills or Python|
|• Very good analytical/problem solving skills,|
|• Working experience in any one virtualized platform (VMware/Red Hat/Microsoft)|
|• Infrastructure(server/storage/network) management experience(desirable)|
|• Relational Database concepts(desirable)|
|• Understanding of cloud concepts|
|• 3+ Years of Hands-on Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform & DevOps Experience|
Technology Lead provides technical leadership with in-depth DevOps experience and is responsible for enabling delivery of high-quality projects to Saviant clients through highly effective DevOps process. This is a highly technical role, with a focus on analysing, designing, documenting, and implementing a complete DevOps process for enterprise applications using the most advanced technology stacks, methodologies, and best practices within the agreed timelines.
Individuals in this role will need to have good technical and communication skills and strive to be on the cutting edge, innovate, and explore to deliver quality solutions to Saviant Clients.
Your Role & Responsibilities at Saviant:
• Design, analyze, document, and develop the technical architecture for on-premise as well as cloud-based DevOps solutions around customers’ business problems.
• Lead end to end process and setup implementation of configuration management, CI, CD, and monitoring platforms.
• Conduct reviews of design and implementation of DevOps processes while establishing, and maintaining best practices
• Setup new processes to improve the quality of development, delivery and deployment processes
• Provide technical support and guidance to project team members.
• Upgrade by learning technologies beyond traditional area of expertise
• Contribute to pre-sales, proposal creation, POCs, technology incubation from technical and architecture perspective
• Participate in recruitment and people development initiatives.
• Educational Qualification: BE, BTech, MTech, MCA from a reputed institute • 6 to 8 years of hands-on experience of the DevOps process using technologies like Dot Net Core, Python, C#, MVC, ReactJS, Python, Android, IOS, Linux, Windows
• Strong hands-on experience of the full life cycle of DevOps: DevOps Orchestration/Configuration/Security/CI-CD/Release Management and Environment management • Solid hands-on knowledge of DevOps technologies and tools such as Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure for DevOps, Chef, Puppet, JIRA, TFS, Git, SVN, various scripting tools, etc. • Solid hands-on knowledge of containerization technologies and tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry • In-depth understanding of various development and deployment architectures from a DevOps perspective
• Expertise in Grounds-up DevOps projects involving multiple agile teams spread across geographies.
• Experience in a various Agile Project Management software /techniques / tools
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Enjoys working as part of agile software teams in a startup environment.
Who Should Apply?
• You have independently managed end-to-end DevOps projects, including understanding requirements, design solutions and implementing, setting up best practices with different business domain over last 2 years.
• You are well versed with Agile development methodologies and have successfully implemented them across at least 2-3 projects
• You have lead development team of 5 to 8 developers with Technology responsibility
• You have served as “Single Point of Contact” for managing technical escalations and decisions
Skills Required: -
Experience in Azure Administration, Configuration and Deployment of WindowsLinux VMContainer
Azure CLI and shell Scripts Identity, Access Management and RBAC model Virtual Networking, storage,
and Compute Resources
Azure Database Technologies. Monitoring and Analytics Tools in Azure
Azure DevOps based CICD Build pipeline integrated with GitHub – Java and Node.js
Test Automation and other CICD Tools
Azure Infrastructure using ARM template Terrafor
Currently, Indus OS has a user base of over 12+ Million on the back of 10+ smartphone brand partnerships with leading OEMs such as Samsung, Gionee, iTel, Micromax, Intex, Karbonn, and others. The Indus platform is available in English & 23 Indian regional languages and is intended to digitally connect the next 1 billion people in the emerging markets.
Indus App Bazaar: Indus also has its very own app market place called Indus App Bazaar with over 400,000 applications. Indus App Bazaar is India's largest indigenous app store available in 12 languages, designed to suit specific requirements of the Indian consumers. The recent partnership with Samsung will see Indus App Bazaar power Samsung's new Galaxy Apps Store in all Samsung Devices. With this partnership, we will be able to reach a user base of over 150 Million by 2021.
Indus OS in News:
Financial Express: http://bit.ly/29FDQg5
Economic Times: http://bit.ly/2ayTvD4
- Developing automation for the various deployments core to our business
- Documenting run books for various processes / improving knowledge bases
- Identifying technical issues, communicating and recommending solutions
- Miscellaneous support (user account, VPN, network, etc)
- Develop continuous integration / deployment strategies
- Production systems deployment/monitoring/optimization
- Management of staging/development environments
What you know :
- Ability to work with a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Ability to code/script (Python, Ruby, Bash)
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Comfortable with frequent incremental code testing and deployment
- Strong grasp of automation tools (Chef, Packer, Ansible, or others)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and bare metal systems
- Experience optimizing infrastructure for high availability and low latencies
- Experience with instrumenting systems for monitoring and reporting purposes
- Well versed in software configuration management systems (git, others)
- Experience with cloud providers (AWS or other) and tailoring apps for cloud deployment
- Data management skills
- Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or 2-5 years equivalent experience in systems administration or DevOps roles.
- Work conducted is focused on business outcomes
- Can work in an environment with a high level of autonomy (at the individual and team level)
- Comfortable working in an open, collaborative environment, reaching across functional.
Our Offering :
- True start-up experience - no bureaucracy and a ton of tough decisions that have a real impact on the business from day one.
- The camaraderie of an amazingly talented team that is working tirelessly to build a great OS for India and surrounding markets.
- Awesome benefits, social gatherings etc.
- Work with intelligent, fun and interesting people in a dynamic start-up environment.