Mechanical Designing, Drawing Reading and Interpretation, Concept Design, Detailing, Assembly, Preparation of Shop Loading Drawings & Coordinating With Manufacturing at Factory
AutoCAD Knowlesge is a must
Understanding of packaging requirement according to LZ
Packaging Drawing preparation
Packaging development from supplier
Carboard GSM finalization according to product
Type of Flute finalization (A+B+C etc.)
Packaging Paper finalization
Sample SIR close
Packaging quality control
Line / Drawing / IM / Artwork
Siloho is a home-tech Funded startup founded by Shan Gehlot and Pranshu Sharma, who are IIT-B alumni and serial entrepreneurs with extensive experience in the hospitality and fintech industry. It is funded by some marquee angel investors which includes the likes of Delhivery co-founders.
We are building an integrated marketplace platform which enables the key stakeholders - real estate developers, interior designers and product vendors to collaborate and help the homeowner in their quest to create a beautiful home which reflects their personality, culture and taste. Our vision is to create India’s largest marketplace of cost effective and executable design and product solutions .
Home design is a very fast growing market currently served by either full stack design companies like Livspace & Homelane or independent designers and contractors. However, the largest segment of customers are not satisfied with these two options since they want a semi DIY and cost effective solution - collaborative designs, and supervised execution. We are going after this untapped segment with a product offering which includes industry best visualization and customization tools to cater to these
- Be the Lead Designer for a set of Siloho customers, from the first meeting to order booking to design finalization
- In-depth knowledge of Residential Project’s planning & execution
- Detailed knowledge of materials, detailing, construction techniques, Lighting and construction costs (appropriate to the relevant budgets)
- Translate the concept-driven strategies related to the project into DETAILED SKETCHES With dimensions/materials to be used / vendor sourcing
- Transfer the sketches to the assigned team and provide constant value adds to the team for queries/solutions/value adds
- In-depth knowledge of detailed drawings services, workings drawings, and drawing management with drafting skills to guide/develop the drawings
- To develop and adhere to the prepared Bills of Quantities (BOQ) and the same to be updated on exclusions or inclusions of items as per the allocated budgets
- Adhere to and maintain the clientele requirements, project schedules, and budgets
- Dedicated to timelines and deliverables to clients and the in-house team commitments
- Collaborate with the customer, understand their requirements, and give them the best design solution for their home, including but not limited to, quoting, detailed designing and getting production drawings ready for manufacturing.
- Focus on, prioritize and execute multiple design projects.
- Prepare and participate in client presentations
- Select furniture, materials, décor and finishes while keeping within budget
JOB REQUIREMENT :
- Degree/Diploma in Interior Designing / Architecture .
- Minimum 5 years of Interior Designing Experience
- Must have Site Experience (should be confident that proposed designs can be installed with minimum hassle at site).
- Must be customer-centric in providing solutions - proposed designs should be highly functional, space ergonomics and great on aesthetics, still keeping in mind the customer’s budget.
- Exposure to residential projects is mandatory.
- Strong communication skills - Both verbal and written communication skills to be able to construct and defend ideas / designs / pricing.
- In-depth knowledge of furniture systems, designs and finishes
- Demonstrated understanding of basic principles of space planning
- Able to develop and present design concepts
- AutoCAD proficiency required
- You will support the product delivery roadmap of our BIM Software with a focus on our installations feature; our highly automated MEP (Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing) design module, through the analysis and the testing of the new features, by monitoring the regressions, by finding the lack in the requirements (corner cases), by providing usability feedback, and how it deals with the other modules (Structural, Architectural, FEM).
- With the other QA members, you will be the link between the UX/UI Design team, the Product Owner, the Software Development teams in order to ensure the quality to deliver the whole BIM software and all its components.
- Analyze and Understand the Feature Requirements as well as find lacks (corner cases).
- Test features iteratively.
- Provide Usability Feedback as Technical user/ Standard User.
- Assess the Bugs severity.
- Monitor Feature Regressions.
- Helps to define the NFR.
- Works with Agile cross-functional teams with various stakeholders like UX Designers, Product Owners, Developers, and Scrum Master.
- 2+ years of experience in the design of Civil Electrical Installations (e.g. Wiring Systems and Methods of Electrical Wiring).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Practical and demonstrable experience with Electrical Circuit Design Simulator (e.g. Multisim/ SPICE/ ETAP).
- Friendly with Electrical Visual Design Software (e.g. Revit).
- Friendly with different OS Environments (Windows/ MaCOSx/ Linux).
- Relevant IT Certifications.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experiences with Agile Methodologies (Scrum, Kanban).
- Basic Knowledge of Quality Assurance theory: principles, methodologies, and techniques.
- Knowledge of at least one Collaborative Revision System (e.g. Bitbucket, Gitlab).
Relevant Soft Skills for this role:
- Open learning things he/she has never seen before;
- Passion for technology;
- Proactive, self-starter skills and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment;
- A high degree of organization, individual initiative, and personal accountability
- Outstanding written and verbal communication; must be a clear, concise, persuasive communicator.
• Testing and Quality Control of Transformer.
• Servicing of all our products.
• Inward Material Inspection.
• PCB Testing.
• Independent Inspection Handing.
• Modification / New Development of procedures – Products.
•Knowledge in the products Electrical /Electronic field.
•Self Correspondence - email drafting, co-ordination
● Be the Lead Designer for a set of HomeLane customers, from the first meeting to order booking to design finalization.
● Collaborate with the customer, understand their requirements, and give them the best design solution for their home, including but not limited to, quoting, detailed designing and getting production drawings ready for manufacturing.
● Focus on, prioritise and execute multiple design projects.
● Analyse sales reports, project TAT and customer satisfaction.
● Work on weekends : Ours is a weekend business and as a Design Relationship Manager, you will have to work all weekends except one weekend, per month. You will be able to compensate for this during the week. We run a 6-day week.
Desired Education, Skills & Experience
● Minimum - 2 year Diploma in Interior Designing / Architecture from a reputed Institution.
● Minimum 3 years of work experience.
● Must have Site Experience (should be confident that proposed designs can be installed with minimum hassle at site).
● Must be customer-centric in providing solutions - proposed designs should be highly functional and great on aesthetics, still keeping in mind the customer’s budget.
● Exposure to residential projects is mandatory.
● Sketchup software knowledge.
● Ability to provide beautiful designs to customers.
● Strong communication skills - Both verbal and written communication skills to be able to construct and defend ideas / designs / pricing. Communication in English mandatory and the local language is also desirable.
● Understands back end processes (Production and Costing).
● Empathy towards customer needs-lifestyle and budget.
● Responsible (delivers on his/her commitments to the customer/team).
● Team Working skills - Needs to be able to work on projects with multiple stakeholders and so needs to be able to multitask.
● Basic Technology skills and ability to learn usage of software products.
● Aware of the competitive landscape in the city.
● Work location will be a showroom.
● Saturdays & Sundays will be working.
● Mondays will be weekly off.
Our client is a 5-year-old travel and hostel space providing platform, a Youth Hotel chain, where the spaces are designed for work and leisure. Their mission is to provide quality spaces for youths looking for hostel options and to other travelers across locations in India. They provide clean and hygienic dorms and private rooms along with different facilities like Wi-fi, travel helpdesk, fully stocked kitchens, lockers and laundry services, etc.
They are currently providing 800 beds in 13 locations, and plan to add another 1600 in the next few months, with the aim to add at least a lac bed in the near future. The spaces offered by them are highly rated by their customers and are preferred over other competitors for the location and services offered within a decent budget. Invested by some very well known names across Asia, it provides their team with a work culture that thrives on modern yet social and explorative values.
What you will do:
- Undertaking various projects related to designing, from understanding the concept to completion.
- Understanding and outlining the design objective and accordingly sketching the design plans for various projects.
- Implementing the design plans based on the business requirements and closing the same on a timely basis.
- Having a tap on various resources required for the projects including but not limited to, furniture, materials, decor and finishes while keeping within budget.
- Supervising ongoing sites and also fine-tuning the design playbook.
- Traveling across sites to make sure the on-going projects are on-track and also to strategize projects for future needs.
- Working closely with multiple internal as well as external stakeholders, including but not limited to, designers, architects, decorators etc., for every project undertaken.
- Innovating constantly to optimize various project schedules and standardizing vendors, processes and BOQs.
- Ensuring compliance of relevant laws & regulations related to designing concepts.
- Participating, deciding and having a tap on budget, cost, inventory and all other such related project details.
- Updating and maintaining database consisting of relevant project details and reporting the same to the business in regular intervals.
Desired Candidate Profile
What you need to have:
- Graduation is a must and also 7-8 years of relevant experience in interior designing.
- Have an experience of optimizing and standardizing transformation costs, managing vendors and also extensive site execution experience.
- Team handling experience in a must.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
- Good communication, listening and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail, ability to multitask and a go-getter attitude is required.
- Undertake design project from concept to completion
- Define project requirements and schedule during the “brief”
- Interpret and translate customer needs into rough plans
- Set costs and project fees according to budget
- Research and decide on materials and products sourcing
- Produce “sample” and “mood products”
- Supervise work progress
- Work closely with designers, decorators, architects and constructors
- Research and follow industry changes, evolutions and best practises
- Proven working experience in decorating interior spaces (consultations, renovations, space planning and new constructions)
- Expertise in layout, colour, lighting, materials selection, custom furniture and all installations.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, 2D, 3D Max, Illustrator or other design programs
- Excellent portfolio of previous works
- Creative talent, imagination and eye for design
- Communication and presentation skills
- Project management skills