About I Base IT
About the Role:
Freight Tiger is growing exponentially, and technology is at the centre of it. Our Engineers love solving complex industry problems by building modular and scalable solutions using cutting-edge technology. Your peers will be an exceptional group of Software Engineers, Quality Assurance Engineers, DevOps Engineers, and Infrastructure and Solution Architects.
This role is responsible for developing data pipelines and data engineering components to support strategic initiatives and ongoing business processes. This role works with leads, analysts, and data scientists to understand requirements, develop technical solutions, and ensure the reliability and performance of the data engineering solutions.
This role provides an opportunity to directly impact business outcomes for sales, underwriting, claims and operations functions across multiple use cases by providing them data for their analytical modelling needs.
- Create and maintain a data pipeline.
- Build and deploy ETL infrastructure for optimal data delivery.
- Work with various product, design and executive teams to troubleshoot data-related issues.
- Create tools for data analysts and scientists to help them build and optimise the product.
- Implement systems and processes for data access controls and guarantees.
- Distil the knowledge from experts in the field outside the org and optimise internal data systems.
- Should have 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- SQL guru with hands-on experience on various databases.
- NoSQL databases like Cassandra, and MongoDB.
- Experience with Snowflake, Redshift.
- Experience with tools like Airflow, and Hevo.
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, and Flink.
- Programming experience in Python, Java, and Scala.
Key Responsibilities :
- Development of proprietary processes and procedures designed to process various data streams around critical databases in the org
- Manage technical resources around data technologies, including relational databases, NO SQL DBs, business intelligence databases, scripting languages, big data tools and technologies, visualization tools.
- Creation of a project plan including timelines and critical milestones to success in support of the project
- Identification of the vital skill sets/staff required to complete the project
- Identification of crucial sources of the data needed to achieve the objective.
Skill Requirement :
- Experience with data pipeline processes and tools
- Well versed in the Data domains (Data Warehousing, Data Governance, MDM, Data Quality, Data Catalog, Analytics, BI, Operational Data Store, Metadata, Unstructured Data, ETL, ESB)
- Experience with an existing ETL tool e.g Informatica and Ab initio etc
- Deep understanding of big data systems like Hadoop, Spark, YARN, Hive, Ranger, Ambari
- Deep knowledge of Qlik ecosystems like Qlikview, Qliksense, and Nprinting
- Python, or a similar programming language
- Exposure to data science and machine learning
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment
Soft attributes :
- Independence: Must have the ability to work on his/her own without constant direction or supervision. He/she must be self-motivated and possess a strong work ethic to strive to put forth extra effort continually
- Creativity: Must be able to generate imaginative, innovative solutions that meet the needs of the organization. You must be a strategic thinker/solution seller and should be able to think of integrated solutions (with field force apps, customer apps, CCT solutions etc.). Hence, it would be best to approach each unique situation/challenge in different ways using the same tools.
- Resilience: Must remain effective in high-pressure situations, using both positive and negative outcomes as an incentive to move forward toward fulfilling commitments to achieving personal and team goals.
We are an early stage start-up, building new fintech products for small businesses. Founders are IIT-IIM alumni, with prior experience across management consulting, venture capital and fintech startups. We are driven by the vision to empower small business owners with technology and dramatically improve their access to financial services. To start with, we are building a simple, yet powerful solution to address a deep pain point for these owners: cash flow management. Over time, we will also add digital banking and 1-click financing to our suite of offerings.
We have developed an MVP which is being tested in the market. We have closed our seed funding from marquee global investors and are now actively building a world class tech team. We are a young, passionate team with a strong grip on this space and are looking to on-board enthusiastic, entrepreneurial individuals to partner with us in this exciting journey. We offer a high degree of autonomy, a collaborative fast-paced work environment and most importantly, a chance to create unparalleled impact using technology.
Reach out if you want to get in on the ground floor of something which can turbocharge SME banking in India!
Technology stack at Velocity comprises a wide variety of cutting edge technologies like, NodeJS, Ruby on Rails, Reactive Programming,, Kubernetes, AWS, NodeJS, Python, ReactJS, Redux (Saga) Redis, Lambda etc.
Responsible for building data and analytical engineering pipelines with standard ELT patterns, implementing data compaction pipelines, data modelling and overseeing overall data quality
Work with the Office of the CTO as an active member of our architecture guild
Writing pipelines to consume the data from multiple sources
Writing a data transformation layer using DBT to transform millions of data into data warehouses.
Implement Data warehouse entities with common re-usable data model designs with automation and data quality capabilities
Identify downstream implications of data loads/migration (e.g., data quality, regulatory)
What To Bring
5+ years of software development experience, a startup experience is a plus.
Past experience of working with Airflow and DBT is preferred
5+ years of experience working in any backend programming language.
Strong first-hand experience with data pipelines and relational databases such as Oracle, Postgres, SQL Server or MySQL
Experience with DevOps tools (GitHub, Travis CI, and JIRA) and methodologies (Lean, Agile, Scrum, Test Driven Development)
Experienced with the formulation of ideas; building proof-of-concept (POC) and converting them to production-ready projects
Experience building and deploying applications on on-premise and AWS or Google Cloud cloud-based infrastructure
Basic understanding of Kubernetes & docker is a must.
Experience in data processing (ETL, ELT) and/or cloud-based platforms
Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
Senior Big Data Engineer
Note: Notice Period : 45 days
Banyan Data Services (BDS) is a US-based data-focused Company that specializes in comprehensive data solutions and services, headquartered in San Jose, California, USA.
We are looking for a Senior Hadoop Bigdata Engineer who has expertise in solving complex data problems across a big data platform. You will be a part of our development team based out of Bangalore. This team focuses on the most innovative and emerging data infrastructure software and services to support highly scalable and available infrastructure.
It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join our rocket ship startup run by a world-class executive team. We are looking for candidates that aspire to be a part of the cutting-edge solutions and services we offer that address next-gen data evolution challenges.
· 5+ years of experience working with Java and Spring technologies
· At least 3 years of programming experience working with Spark on big data; including experience with data profiling and building transformations
· Knowledge of microservices architecture is plus
· Experience with any NoSQL databases such as HBase, MongoDB, or Cassandra
· Experience with Kafka or any streaming tools
· Knowledge of Scala would be preferable
· Experience with agile application development
· Exposure of any Cloud Technologies including containers and Kubernetes
· Demonstrated experience of performing DevOps for platforms
· Strong Skillsets in Data Structures & Algorithm in using efficient way of code complexity
· Exposure to Graph databases
· Passion for learning new technologies and the ability to do so quickly
· A Bachelor's degree in a computer-related field or equivalent professional experience is required
· Scope and deliver solutions with the ability to design solutions independently based on high-level architecture
· Design and develop the big data-focused micro-Services
· Involve in big data infrastructure, distributed systems, data modeling, and query processing
· Build software with cutting-edge technologies on cloud
· Willing to learn new technologies and research-orientated projects
· Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Responsible for developing and maintaining applications with PySpark
Data Analyst Job Duties
Data analyst responsibilities include conducting full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design. Data analysts will develop analysis and reporting capabilities. They will also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
Proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst
Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
Owns the end to end implementation of the assigned data processing components/product features i.e. design, development, dep
loyment, and testing of the data processing components and associated flows conforming to best coding practices
Creation and optimization of data engineering pipelines for analytics projects.
Support data and cloud transformation initiatives
Contribute to our cloud strategy based on prior experience
Independently work with all stakeholders across the organization to deliver enhanced functionalities
Create and maintain automated ETL processes with a special focus on data flow, error recovery, and exception handling and reporting
Gather and understand data requirements, work in the team to achieve high-quality data ingestion and build systems that can process the data, transform the data
Be able to comprehend the application of database index and transactions
Involve in the design and development of a Big Data predictive analytics SaaS-based customer data platform using object-oriented analysis
, design and programming skills, and design patterns
Implement ETL workflows for data matching, data cleansing, data integration, and management
Maintain existing data pipelines, and develop new data pipeline using big data technologies
Responsible for leading the effort of continuously improving reliability, scalability, and stability of microservices and platform
Minimum 2 years of work experience on Snowflake and Azure storage.
Minimum 3 years of development experience in ETL Tool Experience.
Strong SQL database skills in other databases like Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 and Teradata
Good to have Hadoop and Spark experience.
Good conceptual knowledge on Data-Warehouse and various methodologies.
Working knowledge in any of the scripting like UNIX / Shell
Good Presentation and communication skills.
Should be flexible with the overlapping working hours.
Should be able to work independently and be proactive.
Good understanding of Agile development cycle.
What's the role?
Your role as a Principal Engineer will involve working with various team. As a principal engineer, will need full knowledge of the software development lifecycle and Agile methodologies. You will demonstrate multi-tasking skills under tight deadlines and constraints. You will regularly contribute to the development of work products (including analyzing, designing, programming, debugging, and documenting software) and may work with customers to resolve challenges and respond to suggestions for improvements and enhancements. You will setup the standard and principal for the product he/she drives.
- Setup coding practice, guidelines & quality of the software delivered.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle. Who are you? You are a go-getter, with an eye for detail, strong problem-solving and debugging skills, and having a degree in BE/MCA/M.E./ M Tech degree or equivalent degree from reputed college/university.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- 10+ years of engineering experience
- Experience in designing and developing high volume web-services using API protocols and data formats
- Proficient in API modelling languages and annotation
- Proficient in Java programming
- Experience with Scala programming
- Experience with ETL systems
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with Cloud service & storage
- Proficient in Unix/Linux operating systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills Preferred:
- Functional programming languages (Scala, etc)
- Scripting languages (bash, Perl, Python, etc)
- Amazon Web Services (Redshift, ECS etc)