The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
Data Analyst Job Duties
Data analyst responsibilities include conducting full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design. Data analysts will develop analysis and reporting capabilities. They will also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
● Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
● Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
● Acquire data fromprimary orsecondary data sources andmaintain databases/data systems.
● Identify, analyze, and interpret trends orpatternsin complex data sets.
● Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computerreports, printouts, and performance indicatorsto locate and correct code problems.
● Work withmanagementto prioritize business and information needs.
● Locate and define new processimprovement opportunities.
● Proven working experienceas aData Analyst or BusinessDataAnalyst.
● Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
● Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc).
● Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
● Adept atqueries,reportwriting and presenting findings.
Job Location SouthDelhi, New Delhi
- 3+ years of industry experience in administering (including setting up, managing, monitoring) data processing pipelines (both streaming and batch) using frameworks such as Kafka, ELK Stack, Fluentd and streaming databases like druid
- Strong industry expertise with containerization technologies including kubernetes, docker-compose
- 2+ years of industry in experience in developing scalable data ingestion processes and ETLs
- Experience with cloud platform services such as AWS, Azure or GCP especially with EKS, Managed Kafka
- Experience with scripting languages. Python experience highly desirable.
- 2+ Industry experience in python
- Experience with popular modern web frameworks such as Spring boot, Play framework, or Django
- Demonstrated expertise of building cloud native applications
- Experience in administering (including setting up, managing, monitoring) data processing pipelines (both streaming and batch) using frameworks such as Kafka, ELK Stack, Fluentd
- Experience in API development using Swagger
- Strong expertise with containerization technologies including kubernetes, docker-compose
- Experience with cloud platform services such as AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration, Jenkins
- Design and Implement Large scale data processing pipelines using Kafka, Fluentd and Druid
- Assist in dev ops operations
- Develop data ingestion processes and ETLs
- Design and Implement APIs
- Assist in dev ops operations
- Identify performance bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and documentation
- Communicate with stakeholders regarding various aspects of solution.
- Mentor team members on best practices
Kapiva is a modern ayurvedic nutrition brand focused on bringing selectively sourced, natural foods to Indian consumers. Inculcating the wisdom of India's ancient food traditions, Kapiva's high-quality product range includes herbal juices, nutrition powders, ayurvedic gummies, healthy staples, and much more. Our products are top performers on online marketplaces such as Amazon, Flipkart, Big Basket and we're growing our presence offline in a big way (Nature’s Basket, Reliance Retail, Noble Plus, etc). We’re also funded by India’s best Consumer VC Fund – Fireside Ventures.
About the role:
We are looking for a motivated data analyst with sound experience in handling web/ digital analytics, to join us as part of the Kapiva D2C Business Team. This team is primarily responsible for driving sales and customer engagement on our website (www.kapiva.in). This channel has grown 5x in revenue over the last 12 months and is poised to grow another 5x over the next six. It represents a high-growth, important part of Kapiva’s overall e-commerce growth strategy.
The mandate here is to run an end-to-end sustainable e-commerce business, boost sales through marketing campaigns, and build a cutting edge product (website) that optimizes the customer’s journey as well as increases customer lifetime value.
The Data Analyst will support the business heads by providing data-backed insights in order to drive customer growth, retention and engagement. They will be required to set-up and manage reports, test various hypotheses and coordinate with various stakeholders on a day-to-day basis.
Strategy and planning:
- Work with the D2C functional leads and support analytics planning on a quarterly/ annual basis
- Identify reports and analytics needed to be conducted on a daily/ weekly/ monthly frequency
- Drive planning for hypothesis-led testing of key metrics across the customer funnel
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Work with business teams to prioritize business and information needs
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams to setup data infrastructure as needed
Reporting and communication:
- Prepare reports / presentations to present actionable insights that can drive business objectives
- Setup live dashboards reporting key cross-functional metrics
- Coordinate with various stakeholders to collect useful and required data
- Present findings to business stakeholders to drive action across the organization
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Bachelor’s/ Masters in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or related field
- 0-2 years’ experience in an analytics role, preferably consumer business. Proven experience as a Data Analyst/ Data Scientist
- High proficiency in MS Excel and SQL
- Knowledge of one or more programming languages like Python/ R. Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy - working knowledge of statistics and statistical methods
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic environment across cross-functional teams; good at coordinating with different departments and managing timelines
- Exceptional English written/verbal communication
- A penchant for understanding consumer traits and behavior and a keen eye to detail
Good to have:
- Hands-on experience with one or more web analytics tools like Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Kissmetrics, Heap, Adobe Analytics, etc.
- Experience in using business intelligence tools like Metabase, Tableau, Power BI is a plus
- Experience in developing predictive models and machine learning algorithms
In today’s marketing-dependent consumer world, businesses demand innovative brand solutions and our client is engaged in providing brand solutions across businesses. They import renowned global brands & distribute the same. They have a dedicated eCommerce practice to build digital retail footprints for their brands in India. They focus on major categories under FMCG such as F&B, Personal care, etc. and also Home & Fabric Care.
Founded in 2003, our client has over 250 Pan-India Distributors and more than 300 SKUs. They deal with 25+ brands and some of the brands are Mogu Mogu, SAN REMO, Simpkins, Moccona, OMINO BIANCO, etc.
As a Assistant Manager - Business Intelligence, you will be responsible for support building and executing portfolio and respective brand execution strategy by mining, understanding, internalising, and creating action stands about inflow and outflow of information from different internal and external sources.
What you will do:
- Assimilating sales & inventory data streams from different ecommerce partners daily
- Planning different inventory streams for all portfolio brands vis--vis PO requirements
- Building future projection models for brands to support healthy and sufficient inventory capacities
Desired Candidate ProfileWhat you need to have:
- Self direction
- Ability to think beyond operational hurdles
· Build data products and processes alongside the core engineering and technology team.
· Collaborate with senior data scientists to curate, wrangle, and prepare data for use in their advanced analytical models
· Integrate data from a variety of sources, assuring that they adhere to data quality and accessibility standards
· Modify and improve data engineering processes to handle ever larger, more complex, and more types of data sources and pipelines
· Use Hadoop architecture and HDFS commands to design and optimize data queries at scale
· Evaluate and experiment with novel data engineering tools and advises information technology leads and partners about new capabilities to determine optimal solutions for particular technical problems or designated use cases .
Required Python ,R
work in handling large-scale data engineering pipelines.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Proficient in PowerPoint or other presentation tools.
Ability to work quickly and accurately on multiple projects.
This is NOT remote work position and the selected candidate is expected to commute to the office location in Navi Mumbai.
- Implement and deliver a product in the healthcare domain using machine learning and AI capabilities
- Ability to work on challenging tasks
- Ability to research ways of doing things efficiently
- Keen approach to problem solving
- Strong experience in statistics, python, SQL, NLP and predictiv modeling
- Bachelors Degree with a total of 9+ years of experience in software development with 2-3 years experience in Data Science
- Experienced in working with large and multiple datasets, data warehouses and ability to pull data using relevant programs and coding
- Well versed with necessary data preprocessing and feature engineering skills
- Background in healthcare IT space will be preferred
PriceLabs (https://www.chicagobusiness.com/innovators/what-if-you-could-adjust-prices-meet-demand" target="_blank">chicagobusiness.com/innovators/what-if-you-could-adjust-prices-meet-demand) is a cloud based software for vacation and short term rentals to help them dynamically manage prices just the way large hotels and airlines do! Our mission is to help small businesses in the travel and tourism industry by giving them access to advanced analytical systems that are often restricted to large companies.
We're looking for someone with strong analytical capabilities who wants to understand how our current architecture and algorithms work, and help us design and develop long lasting solutions to address those. Depending on the needs of the day, the role will come with a good mix of team-work, following our best practices, introducing us to industry best practices, independent thinking, and ownership of your work.
- Design, develop and enhance our pricing algorithms to enable new capabilities.
- Process, analyze, model, and visualize findings from our market level supply and demand data.
- Build and enhance internal and customer facing dashboards to better track metrics and trends that help customers use PriceLabs in a better way.
- Take ownership of product ideas and design discussions.
- Occasional travel to conferences to interact with prospective users and partners, and learn where the industry is headed.
- Bachelors, Masters or Ph. D. in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science or other quantitative/engineering fields.
- Strong understanding of analysis of algorithms, data structures and statistics.
- Solid programming experience. Including being able to quickly prototype an idea and test it out.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability and willingness to explain complicated algorithms and concepts in simple terms.
- Experience with relational databases and strong knowledge of SQL.
- Experience building data heavy analytical models in the travel industry.
- Experience in the vacation rental industry.
- Experience developing dynamic pricing models.
- Prior experience working at a fast paced environment.
- Willingness to wear many hats.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to analyze large amounts of raw information to find patterns that will help improve our company.
We will rely on you to build data products to extract valuable business insights.
In this role, you should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math and statistics.
Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data.
We also want to see a passion for machine-learning and research.
Your goal will be to help our company analyze trends to make better decisions.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Combine models through ensemble modeling
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst
- Experience in data mining
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
- Knowledge of SQL,Python,R,ggplot2, matplotlib, seaborn, Shiny, Dash; familiarity with Scala, Java or C++ is an asset
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data frameworks
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Strong math skills in statistics, algebra
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- BSc/BE in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field;
- graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred
Location: Chennai- Guindy Industrial Estate
Duration: Full time role
Company: Mobile Programming (https://www.mobileprogramming.com/" target="_blank">https://www.
Client Name: Samsung
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. The hire will be
responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing
data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline
builder and data wrangler who enjoy optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up.
The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data
scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout
ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple
teams, systems and products.
Responsibilities for Data Engineer
Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes,
optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data
from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS big data technologies.
Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer
acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with
data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and
optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Qualifications for Data Engineer
Experience building and optimizing big data ETL pipelines, architectures and data sets.
Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query
authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to
answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and
A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected
Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing and highly scalable ‘big data’ data
Strong project management and organizational skills.
Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
We are looking for a candidate with 3-6 years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has
attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
Experience with big data tools: Spark, Kafka, HBase, Hive etc.
Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
Skills: Big Data, AWS, Hive, Spark, Python, SQL