DevOps is a Department of Horizontal Digital, within which we have 3 different practices.
- Cloud Engineering
- Build and Release
- Managed Services
This opportunity is for Cloud Engineering role who also have some experience with Infrastructure migrations, this will be a complete hands-on job, with focus on migrating clients workloads to the cloud, reporting to the Solution Architect/Team Lead and along with that you are also expected to work on different projects for building out the Sitecore Infrastructure from scratch.
We are Sitecore Platinum Partner and majority of the Infrastructure work that we are doing is for Sitecore.
Sitecore is a .Net Based Enterprise level Web CMS, which can be deployed on On-Prem, IaaS, PaaS and Containers.
So, most of our DevOps work is currently planning, architecting and deploying infrastructure for Sitecore.
- This role includes ownership of technical, commercial and service elements related to cloud migration and Infrastructure deployments.
- Person who will be selected for this position will ensure high customer satisfaction delivering Infra and migration projects.
- Candidate must expect to work in parallel across multiple projects, along with that candidate must also have a fully flexible approach to working hours.
- Candidate should keep him/herself updated with the rapid technological advancements and developments that are taking place in the industry.
- Along with that candidate should also have a know-how on Infrastructure as a code, Kubernetes, AKS/EKS, Terraform, Azure DevOps, CI/CD Pipelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent qualification.
- Total work experience of 6 to 8 Years.
- Total migration experience of 4 to 6 Years.
- Multiple Cloud Background (Azure/AWS/GCP)
- Implementation knowledge of VMs, Vnet,
- Know-how of Cloud Readiness and Assessment
- Good Understanding of 6 R's of Migration.
- Detailed understanding of the cloud offerings
- Ability to Assess and perform discovery independently for any cloud migration.
- Working Exp. on Containers and Kubernetes.
- Good Knowledge of Azure Site Recovery/Azure Migrate/Cloud Endure
- Understanding on vSphere and Hyper-V Virtualization.
- Working experience with Active Directory.
- Working experience with AWS Cloud formation/Terraform templates.
- Working Experience of VPN/Express route/peering/Network Security Groups/Route Table/NAT Gateway, etc.
- Experience of working with CI/CD tools like Octopus, Teamcity, Code Build, Code Deploy, Azure DevOps, GitHub action.
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery Implementations, taking into the consideration of RTO and RPO aspects.
- Candidates with AWS/Azure/GCP Certifications will be preferred.
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over 750 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Airport Security and Makeover Studio 3D. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade and Scathe.
We have a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more places, and we’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales which is based in France. We have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee has been recognised with the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership awards from TIGA (The Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth!
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
What’s the job?
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you have a passion for automation, security and building reliable expandable systems. You develop scripts and tools to automate deployment tasks and monitoring critical aspects of the operation, resolve engineering problems and incidents. Colaborate with architects and developers to help create platforms for the future.
What you tell your friends you do
“I manage 100s of servers worldwide to keep millions of players happy”
What you will really be doing
Find ways to automate tasks and monitoring systems to continuously improve our systems.
Develop scripts and tools to make our infrastructure resilient and efficient.
Understand our applications and services and keep them running smoothly
How you will be doing this
You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to coordinate efforts and get the best results.
You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it.
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 200 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and Requirement
Minimum 3 years of experience on a dev ops engineering role
Deep experience with Linux and Unix systems
Networking basics knowledge (named, nginx, etc)
Some coding experience (Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
Experience with common automation tools (Ex. Chef, Terraform, etc)
AWS experience is a plus
A creative mindset motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best
We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer private medical cover and life assurance
Creative Wednesdays! (Design and make your own games every Wednesday)
20 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
Hybrid model available depending on the department and the role
Relocation support available
Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
Monthly employee awards
Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.
What You'll Do
- Essentail Skills:
- Python dependency management using conda and pip
- Base Linux System Commands, Scripting
- Docker Container Build & Testing
- Common knowledge of minimizing container size and layers
- Inspecting containers for un-used / underutilized systems
- Multiple Linux OS support for virtual system
- Has experience as a user of jupyter / jupyter lab to test and fix usability issues in workbenches
- Templating out various configurations for different use cases (we use Python Jinja2 but are open to other languages / libraries)
- Jenkins PIpeline
- Github API Understanding to trigger builds, tags, releases
- Artifactory Experience
- Nice to have: Kubernetes, ArgoCD, other deployment automation tool sets (DevOps)
Senior DevOps Engineer (8-12 yrs Exp)
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic DevOps Engineer. As our new DevOps
Engineer, you will be in charge of the specification and documentation of the new project
features. In addition, you will be developing new features and writing scripts for automation
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Deploy updates and fixes
• Utilize various open source technologies
• Need to have hands on experience on automation tools like Docker / Jenkins /
• Build independent web based tools, micro-services and solutions
• Write scripts and automation using Java/BitBucket/Python/Bash.
• Configure and manage data sources like MySQL, Mongo, Elastic search, Redis etc
• Understand how various systems work
• Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes.
• Understand how IT operations are managed
• Work with CI and CD tools, and source control such as GIT and SVN.
• Experience with project management and workflow tools such as Agile, Redmine,
WorkFront, Scrum/Kanban/SAFe, etc.
• Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
• Develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems
• Perform root cause analysis for production errors
• Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
• More than six years of experience in a DevOps Engineer role (or similar role);
experience in software development and infrastructure development is a mandatory.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering or related field
• Proficiency in deploying and maintaining web applications
• Ability to construct and execute network, server, and application status monitoring
• Knowledge of software automation production systems, including code deployment
• Working knowledge of software development methodologies
• Previous experience with high-performance and high-availability open source web
• Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix administration, and
• Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team
• Solid team player.
- Design cloud infrastructure that is secure, scalable, and highly available on AWS, Azure and GCP
- Work collaboratively with software engineering to define infrastructure and deployment requirements
- Provision, configure and maintain AWS, Azure, GCP cloud infrastructure defined as code
- Ensure configuration and compliance with configuration management tools
- Administer and troubleshoot Linux based systems
- Troubleshoot problems across a wide array of services and functional areas
- Build and maintain operational tools for deployment, monitoring, and analysis of AWS, Azure Infrastructure and systems
- Perform infrastructure cost analysis and optimization
Why you should join us
- You will join the mission to create positive impact on millions of peoples lives
- You get to work on the latest technologies in a culture which encourages experimentation - You get to work with super humans (Psst: Look up these super human1, super human2, super human3, super human4)
- You get to work in an accelerated learning environment
What you will do
- You will provide deep technical expertise to your team in building future ready systems.
- You will help develop a robust roadmap for ensuring operational excellence
- You will setup infrastructure on AWS that will be represented as code
- You will work on several automation projects that provide great developer experience
- You will setup secure, fault tolerant, reliable and performant systems
- You will establish clean and optimised coding standards for your team that are well documented
- You will set up systems in a way that are easy to maintain and provide a great developer experience
- You will actively mentor and participate in knowledge sharing forums
- You will work in an exciting startup environment where you can be ambitious and try new things :)
You should apply if
- You have a strong foundation in Computer Science concepts and programming fundamentals
- You have been working on cloud infrastructure setup, especially on AWS since 8+ years
- You have set up and maintained reliable systems that operate at high scale
- You have experience in hardening and securing cloud infrastructures
- You have a solid understanding of computer networking, network security and CDNs
- Extensive experience in AWS, Kubernetes and optionally Terraform
- Experience in building automation tools for code build and deployment (preferably in JS)
- You understand the hustle of a startup and are good with handling ambiguity
- You are curious, a quick learner and someone who loves to experiment
- You insist on highest standards of quality, maintainability and performance
- You work well in a team to enhance your impact
Total Experience: 6 – 12 Years
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience with DevOps tools Jenkins, Ansible, Chef etc
- 3+ years of experience in continuous integration/deployment and software tools development experience with Python and shell scripts etc
- Building and running Docker images and deployment on Amazon ECS
- Working with AWS services (EC2, S3, ELB, VPC, RDS, Cloudwatch, ECS, ECR, EKS)
- Knowledge and experience working with container technologies such as Docker and Amazon ECS, EKS, Kubernetes
- Experience with source code and configuration management tools such as Git, Bitbucket, and Maven
- Ability to work with and support Linux environments (Ubuntu, Amazon Linux, CentOS)
- Knowledge and experience in cloud orchestration tools such as AWS Cloudformation/Terraform etc
- Experience with implementing "infrastructure as code", “pipeline as code” and "security as code" to enable continuous integration and delivery
- Understanding of IAM, RBAC, NACLs, and KMS
- Good communication skills
Good to have:
- Strong understanding of security concepts, methodologies and apply them such as SSH, public key encryption, access credentials, certificates etc.
- Knowledge of database administration such as MongoDB.
- Knowledge of maintaining and using tools such as Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence.
- Work with Leads and Architects in designing and implementation of technical infrastructure, platform, and tools to support modern best practices and facilitate the efficiency of our development teams through automation, CI/CD pipelines, and ease of access and performance.
- Establish and promote DevOps thinking, guidelines, best practices, and standards.
- Contribute to architectural discussions, Agile software development process improvement, and DevOps best practices.
- Strong Understanding of Linux administration
- Good understanding of using Python or Shell scripting (Automation mindset is key in this role)
- Hands on experience with Implementation of CI/CD Processes
Experience working with one of these cloud platforms (AWS, Azure or Google Cloud)
- Experience working with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef
Experience in Source Control Management including SVN, Bitbucket and GitHub
Experience with setup & management of monitoring tools like Nagios, Sensu & Prometheus
Troubleshoot and triage development and Production issues
- Understanding of micro-services is a plus
Roles & Responsibilities
- Implementation and troubleshooting on Linux technologies related to OS, Virtualization, server and storage, backup, scripting / automation, Performance fine tuning
- LAMP stack skills
- Monitoring tools deployment / management (Nagios, New Relic, Zabbix, etc)
- Infra provisioning using Infra as code mindset
- CI/CD automation