Conducts complex business process analysis, needs assessments and participates in design sessions with business and developers in order to align information technology solutions with business initiatives.
Undertakes complex projects requiring additional specialized technical knowledge in software design and development Essential Duties and Responsibilities Interacts with product owners, Business Analysts, business partners and developers to envision, model and design technology solutions to solve business problems.
- Lead, motivate, and scale a highly diverse team.
- Introduce scalable, repeatable processes that help the team deliver a high-quality product.
- Plan, build, configure, and optimize public cloud infrastructure for high performance, scalable and reliable customer exprience
- Champion an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
- Recruit, mentor, and develop world-class engineers and engineering managers.
- Diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software.
- Lead root cause analysis and collaborate with Engineering to build instrumentation into our stack to understand real-time performance characteristics
- Work closely with architects and engineers on technical decisions throughout the development lifecycle.
- Strong technical acumen; creativity; interpersonal skills; emotional intelligence.
- 10+ years of progressive engineering management experience leading teams in the Agile environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build and scale world-class engineering teams.
- Proven track record of leading engineering teams working on large-scale, highly-distributed Cloud products and services.
- Experience building and cultivating strong engineering practices and processes.
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
A minimum of 8-10 years of hands-on IT experience, developing at least more than two full life-cycle project using public Cloud technologies such as SOA Suite, OCI, AWS, GCP, Azure etc.
At least 5 years of experience in Java/J2EE with Spring Boot, Spring Microservices, Angular, MongoDB & SOA Suite 12C. Willing to learn new technologies .
NodeJS/Angular/Java/J2EE web application development
Agile development concepts
REST, JSON, and distributed application development
Unit testing frameworks and approaches to coding
Works on small to large, complex projects that require increased skill in multiple technical environments and possesses knowledge in a specific business area.
Strong written and communications skills are a must. Must be able to document, present, and articulate designs and technical decisions in front of teams and key business design makers.
Developer loves to write code, build products and see your creations used by customers around the world.
Excellent experience in XML technologies XML, XSD, XSLT, XPath and Web Services SOAP, WSDL
Knowledge in functional and technical aspects of SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)
Front-end frameworks (React, Angular, JS, REST)
General Cloud or Oracle Cloud Infrastructure knowledge
Oracle Integration cloud experience
The cloud migration experience is a plus
Competitive knowledge will be a plus.
Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java/Node/SOA/Mulesoft code
To develop integration solutions using Oracle SOA Suite 12c and Oracle Integration Cloud.
To Support SIT, UAT, Go-Live, Hyper care
To Support and resolve L3 level issues
Drive initial testing phase and quality assurance process.
Log their hours correctly in the System so that they can be billed to the Customers accordingly.
Deliver high-quality, fully tested, and fault-proof Customer Integration Developments, as per the Technical Mapping Specifications.
Ensure implementation of optimized, reusable (where possible) deliverables that cater to customer needs and cause the least impact to the existing Customer Integration landscape.
Extensive know-how on the relevant Customer Integration IT Products, Integration patterns, protocols, and tools.
Testing bench skills
Deployment process awareness in full Software Development Lifecycle
To deliver quality Integration Solutions on time.
To hand over the Integration Solution to support teams with quality documentation.
To provide good support as L3 Support.
To be able to handle multiple projects at a time.
We’re looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead a growing team of Engineers to help them build and maintain our products, effectively work on the right things at the right time and help them grow as better engineers along the way. A solid engineering as well as a management background is a must and you should have prior experience running an engineering team.
- Lead agile development and project planning
- Lead technical architecture discussion and quality code delivery
- Work with the engineering team, QA and Product teams to effectively run the product road map
- Keep everyone in the company informed on your team’s progress
- Work with the Support team to keep track of and triage technical issues and track it through to resolution
- Helping set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies
- Improve release process and managing bug/feature backlog
- 2+ years of engineering team management experience
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Should have worked on at least one of these programming languages (Python/Ruby/NodeJs)
- Excellent knowledge of best-practices and coding patterns
- You are proficient at reading and writing code and have built, shipped and maintained software
- You have experience in managing, coaching software developers to help them level up
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills and can communicate within your team and across teams
- You have good project management skills and can lead, keep track of and prioritize between multiple projects
- You are detail oriented and care about the quality of work that gets shipped
- You have been actively learning and keeping up with the industry both in terms of software development and product
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company
- Engineering degree is must (B.E. CS preferred)
Notice Period: Immediate joiners or less than 30 days
Compensation: 35-40 LPA
Experience : 10-18 years of total experience
- Experience in core JAVA technologies
- Experience with RESTful services
- Experience with relational DBs like MySQL
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum and CI/CD environment.
- Experience working with version control using GIT/BitBucket.
- Managed 50+ engineers.
Why are we building Urbancomapny?
Organized service commerce is a large yet young industry in India. While India is a very large market for a home and local services (~USD 50 Billion in retail spends) and expected to double in the next 5 years, there is no billion-dollar company in this segment today.
The industry is bare ~20 years old, with a sub-optimal market architecture typical of an unorganized market - fragmented supply side operated by middlemen. As a result, experiences are broken for both customers and service professionals, each largely relying upon word of mouth to discover the other. The industry can easily be 1.5-2x larger than it is today if the frictions in user and professional's journeys are removed - and the experiences made more meaningful and joyful.
The Urban Company team is young and passionate, and we see a massive disruption opportunity in his industry. By leveraging technology, and a set of simple yet powerful processes, we wish to build a platform that can organize the world of services - and bring them to your finger-tips. We believe there is the immense value (akin to serendipity) in bringing together customers and professionals looking for each other. In the process, we hope to impact the lives of millions of service entrepreneurs, and transform service commerce they way Amazon transformed product commerce.
Job Description :
Urbancompany has grown 3x YOY and so as our tech stack. Over the last 5 years in the Urbancompany journey, we have grown from a single monolith to 65 microservices. We deliver throughout off around 100Mn/day with around 20 DB clusters carrying 15 TB of Data. We adopted platform thinking pretty at the very early stage of UC. We started building central platform teams who are dedicated solve for core engineering problems around 2-3 years ago and now it has evolved to a full-fledged vertical. Out platform vertical majorly includes Data Engineering, Service and Core Platform, Infrastructure, and Security. We are looking for an Engineering Manager for Core Platform teams currently. A person who loves solving standardization, have strong platform thinking, opinions, and really understand the pain of software development at scale are more than welcome to join us.
- Building high octane teams with high opinions and strong platform thinking
- Working on complex design and architectural problems.
- Visioning out the roadmap and thought process behind taking current tech stack to next level
- Building and maintaining the high NPS of 70% of platform products
- Strong decision-maker with hands-on experience
- Think about abstractions, systems and services and write high-quality code.
- Have an understanding of loopholes in current systems/architecture that can potentially break in the future and push towards solving them with other stakeholders.
- Think through complex architecture to build robust platforms to serve together all the categories and flows, solve for scale, and work on internally build services to cater to our growing needs.
- At least 1-2+ Years of experience in managing teams
- 5-8 years of experience in the industry solving complex problems from scratch and have graduate/post-graduate degrees from top-tier universities.
- A thinker with strong opinions and the ability to get those opinions into reality
- Prior experience of creating complex systems in the past.
- Ability to build scalable, sustainable, reliable, and secure products based on past experience and leading teams and projects by themselves.
- Ability to bring new practices, architectural choices, and new initiatives onto the table to make the overall tech stack more robust.
- History and familiarity with server-side architecture based on APIs, databases, infrastructure, and systems.
- Ability to own the technical road map for systems/components.
What can you expect?
- A phenomenal work environment, with massive ownership and growth opportunities.
- A high performance, high-velocity environment at the cutting edge of growth.
- Strong ownership expectation and freedom to fail.
- Quick iterations and deployments – fail-fast attitude.
- Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
- The massive, and direct impact of the work you do on the lives of people.
- Quick & Excellent Problem solving skills for complex & large scale problems
- Exposure to a wide variety of problem spaces, technologies
- Very Strong System design and OO skills with a nifty ability to craft clean interfaces and operate at the right levels of abstraction
- Solid coding skills with ability to drive teams through massive refactoring exercise & improve coding standards across large code bases
- Deep knowledge, understanding & experience of working with a large variety of multi-tier architectures.
- Awareness of pitfalls & use cases for a large variety of solutions
- Deep understanding & experience of high performance web scale & real-time response systems with experience & expertise in a variety of large scale persistent systems including large databases
- Exposure to complete product development cycles - From inception to production to scaling up, supporting new requirements, re-architectures the Principle architects should have seen it all and ideally in multiple cycles.
- Should have been part of scalable product development cycles with either large data handling or large transaction processing exposure for 5 years
- Must have worked in a small setup (either a startup or a small & reasonably independent team)
- 8+ years of overall experience
- B Tech or higher in Computer Science or equivalent required
Industry- Product Based Companies
Role & Responsibilities:
1. Working with engineering executives to define the engineering roadmap.
2. Working with the team to keep the technical and team docs up to the mark.
3. 4+ years of experience in software engineering and development work.
4. Experience designing or building technically complex architectures.
5. 2+ years managing software development teams of at least 3 members.
6. Identified issues and built great processes for achieving engineering, product, and team goals.
7. Worked in high growth startups, can make stability, performance.
8. 70-80% of responsibility is into developing a product/features/modules from scratch while the rest percentage is into people management.
9. Majority looking for candidates with JAVA experience in past or present experience.
We are looking for a bright and exceptional Engineering Lead to join our Hyderabad based Technology team. The role involves building complex next-generation products used by our clients and architecting solutions to support new technologies and business initiatives.
What you’ll do:
• Active participation in design, development, delivery, and maintenance of software projects/products
• Help the team translate the business requirements into R&D tasks
• Work with product groups to outline project deliverables and help manage the roadmap of the R&D tasks
• Act as a point of contact for managing and driving production defects & stability improvements to resolution
• Tailor processes to help manage time-sensitive issues and bring them to appropriate closure
• Engage and lead a team of highly talented technologists
What you’ll need:
• A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with 6-8 years of experience, Fintech domain is a plus
• Demonstrated contribution to the end-to-end delivery of enterprise-grade software
• Proficiency in Java or equivalent object-oriented languages, coupled with design and SOA
• Hands-on experience in enterprise application development, coupled with knowledge of frameworks & tools like/equivalent to spring, mybatis, git, gradle
• Experience in at least one shell scripting language, SQL, and data modeling skills
• Experience in cloud technologies is a plus
• Strong technology acumen, knowledge of software engineering process, design knowledge and architecture intelligence
• Attention to detail and quality, and the ability to work well in and across teams
• Ability to advocate & influence multiple stakeholders
• Excellent analytical and reasoning skills
• Ability to learn new domains and deliver output
• Experience in leading a team of highly skilled engineers
• Strong communication skills
The role is similar to TL but involves leading a team with experience in project delivery.
Experience in scalable architecture/
Strong in Java/Python and OOAD
Fund Accounting + Banking domain profiles are preferred
We are looking for a Tech Lead for Android development responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
1. Bachelor degree or above, computer-related major, good English reading and writing ability.
2. Skilled use of Redis, MongoDB, React Native, Android Development and other caching technology.
3. Familiar with basic Linux operation, have experience in super-million-level PV application development and have experience in high concurrency and big data processing.
4. Five years of WEB development work experience, familiar with PHP website program development language with successful large-scale website project development experience or e-commerce development experience is preferred.
5. Familiar with Opencart system module development, development, template improvement and system reconstruction according to the requirements of the prototype, and complete the experience of website construction;
7. Familiar with the MySql database, can write efficient SQL statements, have large database optimization experience;
8. Have a good learning and research ability, good business ethics and personal professional ethics, teamwork spirit, good at communication.