- Apply fundamental software engineering design principles and write effective, scalable code.
- Develop back-end components to improve responsiveness and overall performance
- Strong understanding of multi-threading, synchronization & performance analysis of web applications
- Highly experienced with developing RESTful API’s
- Integrate user-facing elements into applications
- Develop unit tests, automation and debug code
- Improve & maintain the functionality of existing systems
- Implement security and data protection solutions
- Understand the big picture, coordinate with internal teams to understand user requirements and provide technical solutions
Roles & Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant field.
- 5+ work experience as a Python Developer
- Expertise in Django or at least one other popular Python web framework
- (like Flask or Pyramid)
- Excellent Python 3 development & debugging skills
- Knowledge of object oriented analysis & design as well as object-relational mapping (ORM) techniques
- Strong understanding microservices architecture & design patterns
- Strong understanding of RESTful API design principles, including good
- documentation of API using Swagger/OpenAPI specifications
- Familiarity with GIT
- Familiarity with microservices development & deployment, including CI/CD pipelines
- (e.g. Jenkins) and containerization platforms (e.g, Docker)
- Excellent team spirit & exceptional problem-solving skills
We are looking for a brilliant senior engineer to support the needs of our back-end systems. Someone that is comfortable working on distributed systems. We use Node.JS on the backend and are looking for someone who would be open to doing things across the whole stack.
As our lead Node.js architect you will be responsible for driving the the backend microservices forward in quality, features, and scalability. We’re looking for an exceptionally talented senior backend engineer who has scaled platforms and is a natural leader and thrives on getting their hands dirty on the back-end. As an experienced engineer you will set the quality bar and be relied upon to deliver an app experience that is outstanding.
- Take ownership of the entire backend architecture developed web apps and mobile apps.
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Build new features, bug fix and suggest projects that will improve product and infrastructure.
- Help our director of engineering build out an awesome best-in-class engineering culture!
- Make technical and product decisions based on roadmap autonomously.
- Interview full-time engineer employees.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Dictate deployment workflow process to ensure highest level of productivity.
- Code review PRs to ensure engineers are following best practices.
- Assist with Dev Ops as needed, help lead search for Dev Ops team if needed.
- Have fun with Yapsodians and participate in all cultural activities.
- Working knowledge of Mocha and Chai use for Test-Driven Development
- Network and Information Security - OWASP, OSCP, CISSP, Cisco CCNA, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), CompTIA Security+.
- Working knowledge of Swagger API creation
- Understanding of Sequelize (SQL ORM)
- Strong knowledge of software architectures for microservices (scalable and high performance)
- Knowledge of event-driven programming service
- Knowledge of AWS common services such as SNS, SQS, ECS, S3, SES, KMS, Cloudwatch
- Excellent understanding of documenting knowledge
- Have experience with NewRelic, Sentry, SonarQube, CloudWatch, ELK stack
- Understanding of release management systems
- Understanding of code revision systems
We are looking for a Node.js Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- 2+ years of experience with Node.js/Express.js or similar framework
- 1+ years of experience with MongoDB
- 1+ years of experience creating REST APIs and backend systems
- Experience with Docker is a plus
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Server Setup/AWS/GCP experience is a plus
- Creating APIs and backend systems
- Scraping sites and creating backend dashboards for data management
- Backend infrastructure management and deployment
- Developing and maintaining all server-side network components.
- Ensuring optimal performance of the central database and responsiveness to front-end requests.
- Collaborating with front-end developers on the integration of elements.
- Designing customer-facing UI and back-end services for various business processes.
- Developing high-performance applications by writing testable, reusable, and efficient code.
- Implementing effective security protocols, data protection measures, and storage solutions.
- Running diagnostic tests, repairing defects, and providing technical support.
- Documenting Node.js processes, including database schemas, as well as preparing reports.
- Recommending and implementing improvements to processes and technologies.
- Keeping informed of advancements in the field of Node.js development.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information science, or similar.
- At least two years of experience as a Node.js developer.
- Superb interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving aptitude.
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- Availability to resolve urgent web application issues outside of business hours.
We are looking for Backend Developers who are passionate about solving problems. We offer a result-driven, fun, and dynamic environment. So far, we've built a reasonably-sized, high-powered team and are always striving to be the best place to work we can be.
Our Tech Deck :
- Backend & Servers
- Google Drive
Your Part :
- You shall be part of our design and development team. You shall be assigned one or multiple modules, wherein you shall:
- Write backend code and APIs, maintain the database and cache.
- Rapidly develop next-generation scalable, flexible, and high-performance systems.
- Act as an intermediary for problems, with both technical and non-technical people.
- Collaborate with the team to prioritize projects and ensure on-time completion.
Preferred Qualification & Experience :
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience/knowledge
- Working knowledge of both Unix and Windows in a software development setting prefer strength in Unix (all flavors) environment.
- Strong HTTP fundamentals.
- Basic networking knowledge.
- Familiarity with relational database concepts and RDBMS systems such as MySQL etc.
- A solid understanding of REST principles, and experience writing backend code to change or design APIs.
- Worked on NoSQL databases like Memcache, Redis, MongoDB etc.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Preferred Skills & Abilities :
- As a Developer:
- Write clean, manageable code and maintain proper documentation
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies and frameworks to maximise development efficiency
- Excellent command over Data Structures and Algorithms
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Passion for quality and innovation
- An eye for detail
- As a team player
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Ability to manage and drive small teams
- Ability to work independently in small teams
- Estimate timelines and deliver as per schedule
- Responsible and capable of meeting tight deadlines
- Thrive in a variable and demanding startup environment
- Collaborate with multiple disciplines like product, engineering, marketing, research and support, and enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- Understand technical and business needs and fulfil them
• Strong experience as a Java/J2EE development is required
• Excellent working knowledge in SPRING MVC, SPRING BOOT,
• Strong background in developing and deploying software that runs in a real-time, multi-threaded environment
• Good knowledge and experience with concepts of MVC, JDBC and RESTful API Integration
• Experience with threaded and asynchronous environment
• Experience with any of the following Frameworks is Desired: Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate
• Fundamental understanding of design patterns
• Working knowledge of SOAP/XML/WSDL
• Proven experience in MongoDB
• Experience supporting and troubleshooting problems in a highly complex environment
• Familiar with agile / scrum development methodologies
• Proficient understanding of Code version tools like Git/ Bitbucket and SVN
• Familiarity with Continuous Integration and tools such as Maven and Jenkins.
Role & Responsibilities:
• You will be responsible for Java development and building large scale applications that are high performance, scalable, and resilient in an SOA environment
• Working closely with end-users and other members of the team to identify and employ the best solutions
• Developing and implementing strong algorithms/techniques for solving problems in a high-volume, high-availability environment
• Engaging end-users to identify new requirements, strategic direction and highlight issues
• Defining and building maintainable processes that provide resilient and stable platforms, which support end user’s business/technical demand
• Integrating new services and providing clean APIs and services for applications
• Understanding volume growth to ensure the systems