Type: Individual contributor with good hands on proficiency.
- Strong proficiency in at least one of Java, Ruby, Python
- Exposure to databases: any of PostgreSQL, MySQL, Apache Cassandra
- Any NoSQL database experience is a plus
- Exposure to AWS cloud infrastructure: EC2 or S3
- Proficiency with Git
- MUST: Using REST to make API calls.
Great to have:
- Experience working with one or more middleware, enterprise bus, queueing frameworks
- Any of Memcached/Redis, Apache Kafka / RabbitMQ / PubSub+ / AmazonMQ
- Appreciation for clean and well documented code
What will you do at Tradyl:
(Examples for illustration only)
- Build a shipping service module that is called by our website to query shipping rates from India to a destination country. Configure this to so that an Ops person can update shipping costs as and when they change. Own deployment and monitoring of this service.
- Use Zapier to build a workflow to export a MixPanel report into a Google sheet every day.
- Change our supplier portal (built on bubble.io) to make an API call to our customer facing site, whenever a supplier modifies his profile.
- Write an alert mechanism that identifies catalogues with insufficient information and makes them non discoverable, which can run every day.
- Work with Business Team to design a workflow for product inwarding using Airtable. Write a small app within Airtable so that whenever a product is updated as “shipped” in airtable, it updates the customer facing website.
- Use an open source dashboarding framework to create a quick dashboard to track important business events.