Hive is the leading provider of cloud-based AI solutions for content understanding, trusted by the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative organizations. The company empowers developers with a portfolio of best-in-class, pre-trained AI models, serving billions of customer API requests every month. Hive also offers turnkey software applications powered by proprietary AI models and datasets, enabling breakthrough use cases across industries. Together, Hive’s solutions are transforming content moderation, brand protection, sponsorship measurement, context-based ad targeting, and more.
Hive has raised over $120M in capital from leading investors, including General Catalyst, 8VC, Glynn Capital, Bain & Company, Visa Ventures, and others. We have over 250 employees globally in our San Francisco, Seattle, and Delhi offices. Please reach out if you are interested in joining the future of AI!
In order to execute our vision, we need to grow our team of best-in-class engineers. The ideal candidate is an experienced iOS Developer with demonstrated leadership and technical skills. You are receptive to feedback and an open collaborator who prioritizes team success. You are constantly learning, and using new tools and technology to broaden your skill set as a developer. You care deeply about the user experience and refuse to ship a product that is mediocre for our users.
- Maintain a clean and extensible code base
- Take ownership of whole projects on your own, but also willing to be a contributing member of your iOS development team as a whole
- Work across disciplines with team members from front-end, backend, design, and product to ship features
- Help maintain our shared internal frameworks and create some of your own
- Actively participate in product decisions, ensuring we set reasonable development deadlines and create quality user experiences
- Build components the entire team can use across apps
- Track and analyze KPIs to improve our products and processes
- You have an undergraduate degree or graduate degree in computer science or a similar technical field from a top university
- You have 2+ years of experience as an iOS Developer or Software Engineer
- You have mastery of Swift and Objective-C (objective-c experience is plus but not strictly necessary)
- You owned or were a primary contributor, to the development of at least one application on the app store
- You are very familiar with new technologies, open-source frameworks and commonly used design patterns
- You have demonstrated expertise in OO design, data structures, and problem-solving • You can write multi-threaded, asynchronous code and have a good understanding of functional programming
- You have experience shipping quickly and often and can debug performance bottlenecks
- You are a team player - no job is too small, or too big!
Who We Are
We are a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a revolutionary AI company. At Hive, you will have a steep learning curve and an opportunity to contribute to one of the fastest-growing AI start-ups in San Francisco. The work you do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of the company.
Thank you for your interest in Hive and we hope to meet you soon!
About the role
As a Mobile App Developer, you would be running and designing application features across various cross platforms and devices and are passionate about code writing, solving technical errors and taking up full ownership of app development. You are passionate about maintaining quality assurance in all deliverables to support our goodwill. You have a foresight to create a test strategy and test plan. You have an eye for detail, and you don’t assume anything. Working together with highly skilled technical experts you will be a driving force in building world-class solutions for our clients across the globe.
Permanent, typically working from UK 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. May vary as per client requirement
Pune, India / Remote
3+ years experience in Mobile application development
What will you work on
- Developing new features and user interfaces from wireframe models or design prototypes
- Ensuring the best performance and user experience of the application
- Fixing bugs and performance problems
- Writing clean, readable, and testable code
- Cooperating with back-end developers, designers, and the rest of the team to deliver well-architected and high-quality solutions
- Document accurately the implemented designs and the produced code.
What skills you will bring to the team
- Extensive knowledge about mobile app development. This includes the whole process, from the first line of code to publishing in the store(s)
- Deep knowledge of developing and deploying apps to Android and iOS platforms using frameworks like Flutter and React Native, as well as native code
- Proficiency in React Native, Flutter and native development
- Proficiency with writing automated tests
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs /GraphQL and mobile libraries for networking
- Familiarity with the JSON format
- Experience with profiling and debugging mobile applications
- Strong knowledge of architectural patterns—MVP, MVC, MVVM, and Clean Architecture—and the ability to choose the best solution for the app
- Familiarity with push notifications
- Understanding mobile app design guidelines on each platform and being aware of their differences
What strengths you will bring to the team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
- A learning enthusiast who would quickly pick up new programming languages, technologies, and frameworks.
- A proactive Self-Starter with excellent time management skills.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills across technical, product, and business questions.
We continually empower our employees to take charge of their career & personal well-being.
Besides the life-work balance, self-development, and participative decision-making, you also tap into the following array of perks:
- Flexible working.
- 18 days of annual leave.
- Provident fund.
- Comprehensive Health Insurance coverage of INR 5 Lakhs will be provided for the duration of employment, for the employee, spouse, and children. Insurance can be optionally taken for the employee’s parents.
To view other positions available, please visit
- Students who are in the final year of studies and available for full-time internship for a duration of at least 4 - 6 months. Post internship subject to performance review, candidates will be offered a full-time role.
- Very good understanding and experience in using Flutter and Dart.
- Experience of working on projects involving Flutter at a personal or academic level.
Bonus points for having
- Having some prior relevant internship experience related to Mobile App development.
- Native Android/iOS development experience.
- Knowledge of Java/Kotlin or Swift/Objective-C.
- Curious learner with zeal to learn new concepts.
- Passionate about problem-solving.
- Receptive to feedback and improvise upon it.
- Good communicator and collaborator.
- Able to work with minimal supervision (because we believe in you and your work).
- Someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
What will you do?
- Work with senior developers to build various cross-platform mobile products in various sectors.
- Work on designing, developing and maintaining design systems.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Building smooth UIs and designing responsive screens across both mobile platforms.
- Leveraging native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms.
- Diagnosing and fixing bugs and performance bottlenecks.
- Reaching out to the open source communities to encourage and help implement mission - critical software fixes (React Native updates frequently and dependent libraries might break).
- Maintaining code and writing automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode, Gradle
- Understanding of REST APIs and offline storage
- Experience with unit testing and integration testing
- Experience with Cl/CD and version control (i.e., GitHub) highly valued
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or similar
- Strong communication skills: you possess the ability to communicate complex problems in a simple and effective way
- Have worked in an agile and fast-paced environment (ideally at an e - commerce or logistics company)
- Ready to join the team immediately
DevRev is ushering in the era of Developer Customer Relationship Management. The foundation of this new category is an end-to-end platform for developers to build products, support end users, and grow their businesses in a product-led era of all things code. The outcome will bring Developers closer to Revenue and increase developer productivity by humanizing software development with the use of design, data engineering, and machine intelligence (AI/ML).
DevRev is a company for developers built by developers. We at DevRev believe that to efficiently connect developers to customers, we must harness the knowledge of engineers to build a knowledge-centric system, making enterprise software more product- and customer-centric.
After former Nutanix CEO Dheeraj Pandey and Nutanix executive Manoj Agarwal raised one of the largest ever seed rounds in the history of Silicon Valley, they set out to create a highly engaging system of record that promises to make product development and customer service joyous. DevRev is solving a difficult AI and design problem, and the early employees are committed to the marathon of company-building and hard problem-solving.
We are looking for ambitious and authentic software developers who are excited to bring fresh ideas from all areas to their work, including artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design, mobile, information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, and more. As a software developer at DevRev, you will have the opportunity to build things that truly matter and to work with a thriving global team.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or related technical field/equivalent practical experience
- Software development experience coding in a general-purpose programming language
- Experience building complex Android applications using Kotlin/Java/Flutter with Android Software Development Kit (SDK) and other frameworks
- Experience building maintainable, scalable, and testable code bases--including API design and unit testing techniques
- Experience with multithreading programming and mobile memory management
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field/equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years industry experience developing Android mobile apps released to the Google Play app store
- Experience with both native and hybrid Android app development
- Experience with defining and implementing extensible app architectures to allow future maintainability and new features development
- Work experience with global, cross-functional development & design teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Theoretical knowledge and practical experience of agile development processes
The foundation of DevRev is its culture -- our commitment to those who are hungry, humble, honest, and who act with heart. Our vision is to help build the earth’s most customer-centric companies. Our mission is to leverage design, data engineering, and machine intelligence to empower engineers to embrace their customers. That is DevRev!
- Responsible to create and manage iOS Application for both iPhone and iPad using APIs, Third Party SDKs
Required – Swift (MVVM), Objective-C
Job Title: IOS Engineer (Remote)
Remote Working | Engineering Team | Full-time
The Impact you will create on the Job:
Developing SDKs on IOS with support for cross-platform technologies like ReactNative, Flutter along with hybrid development over platforms like Cordova.
Apply data structures and algorithms to optimize the code for a lower memory, battery, and processing footprint - all with the goal to build plug-and-play SDKs that don’t expect the app developers to write any supporting code in the app.
You will be liaising with the cross-functional teams to get an in-depth understanding of the functional requirements and propose scalable solutions.
As an individual contributor, you will tackle some of our broadest technical challenges that requires deep technical knowledge, hands-on software development and seamless collaboration with all functions.
You will envision and develop features that are highly reliable and fault tolerant to deliver a superior customer experience.
You will get an opportunity to work with some of the best talent while learning from various highly-functional teams in the company.
You will collaborate with your team and set an example by delivering high quality and innovative engineering solutions for complex use cases.
Plan and execute the roadmap with the engineering team to build and deliver next-generation systems.
What we look for?
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science/IT from premier institute.
2-4 years of industry experience in iOS development, with at least one live app on App Store.
Good knowledge of Objective-C, Swift 5, data structures and algorithms.
Fair understanding of Native Frameworks, specifically concurrency handling, data persistence (User Defaults, Keychain, Core Data), and background tasks.
Good understanding of iOS Frameworks related to UI and network.
Fair understanding of Apple’s concurrency handling, Core Data, and NS Operation classes.
Familiarity with developing UI with both XIB/Storyboard and code.
Good understanding of SDK integrations, debugging, and troubleshooting.
Interested in exploring mobile app development ecosystems like React Native, Cordova and Flutter.
Comfortable with tackling ambiguous problems and unblocking yourself.
Fair understanding of Push Notification ecosystem.
Skills: swift, objective-c, IOS, Swift 5
- Can work independently on the Android Development platform
- Must have knowledge of both Java and Kotlin
- Good understanding of Architecture such as MVVM and MVP.
- Must have at least 3 Good quality Android apps in the portfolio to showcase