Media.net is one of the Top 5 largest ad technology companies that provides advertising solutions to the largest and best know publishers (New York Times, Forbes, MSN, etc...) worldwide.
Software Engineer - Frontend
Experiencing the world we live in is fundamental to our collective happiness and progress as a society. Headout’s mission is, and will always be, to unlock this happier world by connecting amazing in-person experiences with people all over the globe, giving them the opportunity to be entertained, educated and inspired. We are evolving the way people discover the world by connecting them with exceptional experiences at the push of a button. By combining delightful product experience, data-driven decisions, sophisticated supply side logistics network, and world-class operations, our single minded focus is on solving a huge basic human problem: how do we have a good time? On this mission, we've already served 7M+ guests from 190 countries who have headed out to an experience with us. While building scale that drives $200M+ in annualised sales, we hit profitability that is such a rarity on the back of our superior model.
As travel and in-person experiences recover, Headout is playing a critical role in our return to our way-of-life. With pent-up demand, generation and digitisation of experiences having been pushed forward by a decade, there is no better time to build than NOW.
We at Headout, like to solve real-world problems in the simplest & most elegant manner possible. We're seeking Frontend Engineers with the ability and passion for building solutions to people-centered problems that are created at the intersection of human behavior and technology. We also love folks who have a sense of humor and know how to have fun. ;-)
👩💻 The Role
- Craft the front-end architecture, develop our core features, and collaborate with our Product & Design teams to build something useful and beautiful.
- Build slick UI interfaces to provide the best user experience.
- Get your hands dirty with cross-platform architectural challenges, new frameworks, design patterns, and technologies.
- Build and contribute to open-source libraries and components.
🌟 Our Dream Engineer
- A penchant for learning and building with new technologies and frameworks.
- A knack for writing the most performance optimized code along with it being modular and scalable.
- No challenge is too big to solve; love thinking product and excited to ideate & build stuff all by yourself.
- You're interested in being an early employee at a growing company, with the influence and responsibility that entails.
- You have broad and deep knowledge across a variety of contemporary technologies.
💝 We like
- 2+ years of experience developing front-end platforms preferably in a high-growth startup.
- Experience with NodeJS, Typescript, browser dev-tools etc.
- An opinion and preferably hands-on experience of CSS in JS vs old school style of writing CSS.
- Experience developing responsive designs using open source frameworks or even better, an attempt at your own framework.
- Solid understanding of how the web works and it's underlying communication protocols.
- People who give up anything to optimize that animation that they just created.
- Nice to Haves: An interest in UX, travel, local experiences & hospitality.
Front-end Developer who would contribute towards building a highly flexible and scalable front-end by bringing deep core technology expertise.
- Ensure proper offline access using service workers and PWA
- Develop components which are SEO friendly
- Have experience in server-side rendering
- Drive evolution of application performance
- Ensure project scalability by having good project architecture
- Good experience in HTML5, CSS3, JS - React
- React native
- Angular - Redux exposure - Have handled service workers and PWA caching and updates - CSS pre-processors knowledge like sass - Knowledge of webpack, parcel, grunt etc.
-Knowledge of pre-processors like SASS/LESS, CSS-Modules.
- Architecting and automating the build process for production, using task runners or scripts (Gulp / Grunt)
-Have an eye for good UI/UX, Progressive Web Apps, Responsive Design
-Interested in writing code, actively experimenting along with learning new things.
Individual applying to the role should ideally have the following attributes
-Passionate about Frontend Development and continually follow the platform & innovations
-Strong and innovative approach to problem solving and finding solutions
-Interested in working on fast-paced
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal, formal and informal)
- Flexible and proactive/self-motivated working style with strong personal ownership of problem resolution
- Ability to multi-task under pressure and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize when under pressure.
● Take end to end ownership of products.
● You're able to work with Product Managers, Designers and call out things upfront
from an engineering perspective.
● Always keeps end customers in mind while building the solutions.
● Always takes a step forward towards code quality and better approaches instead
of quick and short term implementations in terms of hacks.
● Zeal to learn and make an impact.
● You should be solving for problems and not reasons.
● Able to drive problem statements from design to implementation.
● Open to give and take feedbacks.
● Should be able to work independently with little or no hand holding.
● It'll be a bonus if you've worked with GraphQL.
● You're an engineer by heart and not just a developer.
● You're innovative and able to pitch ideas to your colleagues.
● You're not hesitant to come up with solutions.
● You care about product as if its your own.
● You're able to communicate well.
● You love hanging out.
Job Requirements/Responsibilities :
- Participate as a team member in all phases of software development lifecycle.
- Coordinating with the team on individual responsibilities and roadblocks.
- Perform design, development and testing on individual tasks
- Managing initiatives on UI/UX work
- Transparently share the challenges & feedback.
- Participate in integrated testing of product/ package.
- Designing a modern highly responsive web-based enterprise application component user interface.
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
- Learn and understand user interactions.
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Coordinating with various teams working on distinct layers.
- Providing technical assistance to the other teammates.
- Keep compliance with Quality Systems and Procedure
The candidate would be responsible for client interaction, understanding requirements, coding, designing architecture, and scheduling on the ASP.Net platform
Design, develop, and maintain both new and existing code
Translate mockups and wireframes into functioning front-end code
Write and maintain documentation for new and existing features
Keep up-to-date on best practices and new technologies
Work with Product Management to analyze requirements
Collaborate on technical architecture and design
Meeting both technical and consumer needs
Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages
5+ years of minimum total work experience
Minimum 3+years experience in Asp.NET
Minimum 2+years experience in Asp.NET Core
Ability to handle complex application features, prepare technical designs, and write the program.
Strong understanding and hands-on experience of ASP.NET with maintaining MS SQL Server objects and handling performance issues
Having experience in any ORM (Microsoft entity framework or LinqToSQL).
Candidate must have strong hands-on OOPS concepts and should have Strong programming skills.
This job is also known as ASP.Net developer, Angular developer, etc.
Flexible work hours
Employee friendly work culture
Rapid growth, learning opportunities, and talent development