Peacock Engineering Ltd is a Gold-accredited IBM Premier Business Partner which has amassed over 300 person years of experience implementing business critical EAM (Enterprise Asset Management) solutions across a range of industries such as oil & gas, pharmaceuticals, utilities, facilities management, transport, and power generation.
Peacock Engineering Ltd specialise in providing consultancy services and support for the IBM Maximo EAM software product and maintain a pool of highly experienced and capable consultants fully conversant with IBM Maximo and its functionality, capabilities, and opportunities for customisation to meet business need.
Peacock Engineering’s Technical Services team is now looking for an experienced UI / Front End Developer who is proficient with React.js (16.8+) to join our international team of developers delivering innovative solutions to our major UK-based customers.
Your primary focus will be working on new user interface components which are modern, secure, performant, and easy to maintain - following well-known React.js workflows and recognised best practices.
You will coordinate with the rest of our multi-disciplined team working together on different layers of the solution architecture. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and delivering a high-quality product is essential.
- Developing new user-facing features for our clients using React.js
- Translating functional requirements (User Stories/Tasks) and wireframes into high quality code with tests
- Working with architects, developers, and QA engineers to ensure that your work is testable, meets industry security standards and is written to deliver good performance/scalability.
- Perform application and solution development to meet project requirements.
- Develop and document detailed technical designs to meet business requirements.
- Manage multiple technical environments and support the development and testing processes.
- Identify areas of customization and optimization and provide solutions that meet the business requirements.
Skills & Personal Qualities – Required:
Experience working with the IBM Maximo software product within the following capacities:
- Tech. in Computer Science, Engineering or Business-related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Minimum five (5) years of work experience in React application development.
- Demonstrable expertise in software development in an Agile setting
- Ability to deliver well-tested code consistently in an Agile, CI/CD environment
- Familiarity with newer specifications of ECMAScript
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authentication/authorization mechanisms
- Familiarity with modern build pipelines and tools (Azure DevOps preferable)
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack/Parcel, NPM/Yarn, etc.
- Familiarity with Git
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Good spoken & written English
Skills & Personal Qualities – Desired:
- To bring industry knowledge world class capabilities innovation and cutting-edge technology to our clients in the Resources industry to deliver business value.
- To work with leading Resources client’s major customers and suppliers to develop and execute projects and reliability strategies.
- To harness extensive knowledge combined with an integrated suite of methods people and assets to deliver sustainable long-term solution.
- IBM MobileFirst certification
- JAVA/ SQL Skills
- Professional and committed, with a disciplined approach to work.
- Motivated and driven by finding and providing solutions to problems.
- Polite, tactful, helpful, empathic nature, able to deliver to the needs of customers.
- Has respect for others and their views.
- Technology minded and focused, enthusiastic about technologies.
- Analytical, able to raise from the detail and see the bigger picture.
- Dedicated to continually updating and upgrading own knowledge.
- Carries a mind-set of continuous improvement, constantly looking for better and more efficient ways of doing things.
- Values quality at the centre of all things in work.
Due to considerable amounts of virtual working and interaction with colleagues and customers in different physical locations internationally, it is essential that the successful applicant has the drive and ethic to succeed working in small teams physically but in larger efforts virtually. Self-drive to communicate constantly using web collaboration and video conferencing is essential.
As an employee, you will be encouraged to continually develop your capability & attain certifications to reflect your growth as an individual.