upGrad is an online education platform building the careers of tomorrow by offering the most industry-relevant programs in an immersive learning experience. Our mission is to create a new digital-first learning experience to deliver tangible career impact to individuals at scale. upGrad currently offers programs in Data Science, Machine Learning, Product Management, Digital Marketing, and Entrepreneurship, etc. upGrad is looking for people passionate about management and education to help design learning programs for working professionals to stay sharp and stay relevant and help build the careers of tomorrow.
- upGrad was awarded the Best Tech for Education by IAMAI for 2018-19,
- upGrad was also ranked as one of the LinkedIn Top Startups 2018: The 25 most sought-after startups in India.
- upGrad was earlier selected as one of the top ten most innovative companies in India by FastCompany.
- We were also covered by the Financial Times along with other disruptors in Ed-Tech.
- upGrad is the official education partner for Government of India - Startup India program.
- Our program with IIIT B has been ranked #1 program in the country in the domain of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
About the Role
A highly motivated individual who has expe rience in architecting end to end web based ecommerce/online/SaaS products and systems; bringing them to production quickly and with high quality. Able to understand expected business results and map architecture to drive business forward. Passionate about building world class solutions.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work with Product Managers and Business to understand business/product requirements and vision.
- Provide a clear architectural vision in line with business and product vision.
- Lead a team of architects, developers, and data engineers to provide platform services to other engineering teams.
- Provide architectural oversight to engineering teams across the organization.
- Hands on design and development of platform services and features owned by self - this is a hands-on coding role.
- Define guidelines for best practices covering design, unit testing, secure coding etc.
- Ensure quality by reviewing design, code, test plans, load test plans etc. as appropriate.
- Work closely with the QA and Support teams to track quality and proactively identify improvement opportunities.
- Work closely with DevOps and IT to ensure highly secure and cost optimized operations in the cloud.
- Grow technical skills in the team - identify skill gaps with plans to address them, participate in hiring, mentor other architects and engineers.
- Support other engineers in resolving complex technical issues as a go-to person.
- 12+ years of experience in design and development of ecommerce scale systems and highly scalable SaaS or enterprise products.
- Extensive experience in developing extensible and scalable web applications with
- Java, Spring Boot, Go
- Web Services - REST, OAuth, OData
- Database/Caching - MySQL, Cassandra, MongoDB, Memcached/Redis
- Queue/Broker services - RabbitMQ/Kafka
- Microservices architecture via Docker on AWS or Azure.
- Extensive experience with cloud based architectures and how to optimize design for cost.
- Expert level understanding of secure application design practices and a working understanding of cloud infrastructure security.
- Experience with CI/CD processes and design for testability.
- Experience working with big data technologies such as Spark/Storm/Hadoop/Data Lake Architectures is a big plus.
- Action and result-oriented problem-solver who works well both independently and as part of a team; able to foster and develop others' ideas as well as his/her own.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and schedule a high workload and multiple parallel projects efficiently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with stakeholders in a matrixed environment.
- Long term experience with at least one product from inception to completion and evolution of the product over multiple years.
B.Tech/MCA (IT/Computer Science) from a premier institution (IIT/NIT/BITS) and/or a US Master's degree in Computer Science.
upGrad is an online higher education platform. Founded by Ronnie Screwvala, Mayank Kumar, Ravijot Chugh and Phalgun Kompalli in March’ 2015, upGrad provides rigorous industry-relevant programs designed and delivered in collaboration with world-class faculty and industry. Merging the latest technology, pedagogy, and services, upGrad is creating an immersive learning experience – anytime and anywhere.
Through exclusive partnerships with some of the most prominent universities like IIIT-Bangalore, MICA, BITS Pilani, ISB, Cambridge Judge Business School- our aim to impart university education, online.
Learning online can be tough, especially when you have to do it all by yourself. Reasons why you should upskill with UpGrad:
- We provide an engaging experience via our suite of learning applications right from the university applications till you get a job and transition
- We provide structured online courses in collaboration with some of the prominent universities and industry experts
- We co-create a rigorous curriculum in collaboration with these universities to provide the learners with a holistic learning experience
- All our courses are comprehensive, structured and rigorous - delivered online, providing you the flexibility and opportunity of continuous learning
- We conduct regular live lectures with the industry experts and the professors
- Each of our learners is allocated with a dedicated student mentor who helps them chart a career path and motivates them to push themselves
- We provide in-depth feedback on all the assignments, case studies, and projects
- We have delivered 400+ successful career transitions and we’re committed to building careers of tomorrow
- You get access to an alumni network of 3,000+ students across the globe
- We also conduct periodic offline events like Hackathons, Bootcamps, Alumni Nights and connect you not only to the professors and industry experts but the peers in your batch too
- Last but not the last, we provide career assistance and help all the learners with interview preparations, mentorship calls, and job placements even after the completion of the program
1. Experience as a Technical / Enterprise Architect with strong knowledge of technologies /
paradigms such as AI/ML, Micro-services, REST APIs, using MEAN /MERN & MongoDB
2. Experience in defining and implementing and managing Cloud infrastructure
3. Experience in setting up Architecture and technology vision and adoption of technology
advancements into product delivery
4. Should have worked with key technology partners in architecting various solutions
5. Developing, Training, and mentoring in-house & outsourced Engineering teams
6. Setting best practices across coding process
7. Experience in establishing Enterprise technology standards and architecture review
board for governance of Technology & Architectural changes and roadmap
8. Define the complete technical infrastructure environment
1. Experience in Fintech and B2C SaaS applications
2. Proven experience as a Technical Architect or Project Manager
3. Hands-on experience with software development and system administration
4. Understanding of strategic IT solutions
5. Experience in project management and service-oriented architecture (SOA)
6. Knowledge of selected coding languages (PHP, Python)
7. Familiarity with various operating systems (eg Windows, UNIX) and databases (eg
MongoDB / MySQL)
8. Ability to articulate technical solutions & ROI associated to multiple stakeholders such as
Product engineering teams, business leaders, CXOs etc
We at AiSensy, are building end-to-end WhatsApp based Marketing Automation, CRM & Customer Support platform for Enterprises & growing SMBs. We’re looking for Software Engineers to join our growing Engineering team & build out the next generation of our platform. The ideal candidate is a hands-on platform builder with experience in designing & developing scalable automation platforms. We’re looking for someone with experience in backend services, databases and cloud technologies. They must be at ease working in an agile environment. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and test-driven development.
- Understand long-term goals of AiSensy & design extensive softwares
- Prepare blueprints of backend services from the provided product requirements
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, and studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
- Understand data storage requirements
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Discover critical challenges in flows, edge cases & perform benchmarking
- Follow the software development lifecycle
- Define success criteria for testing & product acceptance
- Ensures the quality & reliability of deliverables
- Prepare and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Provide information by collecting, analysing, and summarising development and service issues.
- Accomplish engineering and organisation mission by completing related results as needed.
- Experience with non-functional requirements, such as reliability and availability, scale, horizontal scalability, etc. over time and make tech stack decisions accordingly.
Work Hours We have flexible working hours with daily 8-9 hours of work, six days a week.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Familiarity with UI/Frontend development using React.js & Redux
- Experience working with service oriented architectures and web-based solutions
- Experience with developing REST APIs & Integrations development using Node.js & MongoDB
- Experience with modelling complex interconnected entities in databases
- Software testing using Jest & Mocha
- Teamwork & Communication skills
- Software development fundamentals
- Experience with working on the AWS technologies - Lambda, SQS, SNS, Eventbridge & API Gateway
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with designing secure distributed systems
- 2.5+ years of professional software development experience with designing & developing backend services
We have a unique culture of personal growth, ownership & enthusiasm which helps everyone see the purpose and value in their work as part of the product as a whole.
Recently Expertrons raised a funding of $2.3 Mn in the Pre Series A round witnessing investors like Yoga Capital, Venture Catalysts, Auxano Capital, and existing investors LetsVenture, Ivycap Ventures, Iceland Venture Studios, Nikhil Vora (MD, Sixth Sense), and more.
Expertrons Android App: https://www.google.com/url?q=http://bit.ly/expertrons&sa=D&source=editors&ust=1638262196597000&usg=AOvVaw2anGgkCFd3RMOkl1JZ4SFE">bit.ly/expertrons
Product Demo Video: https://www.google.com/url?q=https://bit.ly/3sFG0G1&sa=D&source=editors&ust=1638262196597000&usg=AOvVaw11WdRPBlXtO1pMPyNnZZcm">https://bit.ly/3sFG0G1
Watch Explainer Video: https://www.google.com/url?q=https://bit.ly/3zeBmRM&sa=D&source=editors&ust=1638262196597000&usg=AOvVaw1pF4QGo5SnggWc9_uUbP_M">https://bit.ly/3zeBmRM
We at Expertrons are looking out for Technical Architect.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Develop a roadmap for moving existing monolithic applications to a highly scalable microservice architecture and implementation of the same as long term goal.
Scoping, Planning, and technical architecture for all projects.
Perform high-level analysis of any new requirements/change requests to the solution from a technical standpoint
Define architecture blueprints & take complete technical ownership of high-level design, tech stack - from backend systems to frontend aspects & non-functional attributes
Own the technology roadmap and vision of the team
Work with engineering teams in building high-quality and highly resilient scalable
Drive some of the company-wide tech initiatives striving towards continuous technical excellence of our platforms
Hands-on expertise in Architecting and developing large scale web applications with MERN stack
Experience with the operational aspects of deploying and operating in AWS environment
Hands-on experience in NodeJS, Express and MongoDB related tech stack building REST APIs, with experience/exposure to front end stack like react and react native
Knowledge of enterprise design patterns and practices
Should know security best practices
Solid troubleshooting skills and ability to suggest to team members ways to look for the root cause of problems.
Deep understanding of continuous integration, and continuous delivery and DevOps principles. Embrace cloud mindset and start-up culture in your team
Working knowledge of Git + Git Flow, Jira, GitLab
Experience with API design using OpenAPI (Swagger) specifications
You can apply for the position
1. Prefered available for full-time in-office employment (Office Location - Andheri, Mumbai)
2. Prefered work from office
3. Prefered Can join immediately.
4. Prefered a personal laptop
5. Have the relevant skills and interests
1. Entrepreneurial Exposure
2. Letter of Recommendation
3. Become a part of an elite group of innovators
4. ESOP opportunity based on Interview interaction
5. Grow up to 10X in 3 years
The idea is not to live forever, but to create something that will!
Be a part of our growing team and climb up the ladder of success. So, if you have the expertise, skills, quirks that can help you add value to Expertrons, then apply with us, now!
Let's explore synergies foreseeing 10X+ growth in our converging paths!
- Experience in defining new architectures, design all layers of the solution, create architectural blueprints that can be used for final code development.
- Interface with client business/technical teams to understand complex requirements.
- Anticipate on technological evolutions(example use MySQL Lite not MS SQL, use C# not ASP, don't use JSF use Angular).
- Resolve technical issues.
- Bridge between Developers, Project Managers/Leads, and Client, ensuring smooth communication channel.
- Ensure quality of project implementation deployed.
- Provide technical guidance to projects/programs for complex components of a multiple technology suites.
- Ensuring documentation of the complete project architecture.
- Lead actions to determine root cause of problems and drive resolution.
- Participate in cross-functional work groups to assess business needs, develop a systems architecture strategy, and implementation plans.
- Leads work groups that are responsible for software development.
- Ensure that all components of the technical architecture are properly integrated and implemented by the development team.
- Coach the technical team in the development of the technical architecture and help them solve challenging technical problems
- Provide technical support and technical quality control throughout all stages of the project.
- Spearheads the development, implementation and communications of architecture roadmap strategies to ensure that systems are scalable, reliable, secure, supportable, and achieve.
- Identify existing architecture weaknesses and find opportunities for process reengineering and perform cost benefit analysis
- Time Management- Organizes own workload to achieve maximum productivity and completes work in a timely and professional manner. Handles multiple short and long term modules by proper planning while anticipating potential problems and planning for contingencies.
- Identify high-potential team members for next level positions and creating learning and development plans for them.
- Enable strong process in place and reducing dependencies on individual.
Technical Skills and Qualification
- Experience of current technologies including Open Source, J2EE (JSP, Servlet, JSP, etc.), web application development, web services (REST/SOAP/XML), Rich Internet Applications, messaging infrastructures and databases.
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new tools and applications.
- Should be comfortable for 40%-60% coding.
- Able to convert requirements into executable code
- 9 to 12 yrs experience
- Qualification: BE/B-Tech /MCA or any equivalent degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Ability to lead discussions with all levels of the organization and provide balanced information of an idea or communication of an issue regardless of written or verbal
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across project teams.
- Having Analytical and problem-solving
- Ability to translate complex requirements into functional and Technical architecture
- Experience managing the technology aspect of multiple complex projects
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions and Assist team members in complex task
- Willing to take ownership and being accountable.
- Openness, communicates honestly, openly, and consistently.
- Positive Attitude encourages a positive rather than negative viewpoint.
- Integrity maintains the highest standard of personal conduct in performing all duties.
- Should be a good listener.
- Dependable, can be relied upon to get the job done.
- Able to avoid mistakes that could/should be anticipated.
- Should be able sense and grab the opportunities to innovate and improvise.
- Very high competence in presentation skills.
- Negotiator: Excellent negotiation skills which comes handy in hard selling new ideas/ new technical implementations etc.
- Risk Management: Should be able to take calculated risks in trying out new technical implementation avenues
- Able to communicate the org level vision to the team effectively