Key Skills required (Items in Bold are mandatory keywords) :
1. Proficiency in Python & Django
2. Solid understanding of Python concepts
3. Experience with some form of Machine Learning (ML)
4. Experience in using libraries such as Numpy and Pandas
5. Some form of experience with NLP and Deep Learning using any of Pytorch, Tensorflow, Keras, Scikit-learn or similar
6. Hands on experience with RDBMS such as Postgres or MySQL
7. Experience building REST APIs using DRF or Flask
8. Comfort with Git repositories, branching and deployment using Git
9. Working experience with Docker
10. Experience in deploying Django applications to AWS,Digital Ocean or Heroku
Welthungerhilfe (WHH) is an international aid agency headquartered in Germany with its vision for “Zero Hunger by 2030”, the second sustainable development goal set by the UN. It has thousands of programs fighting hunger in more than 30 countries. (https://www.welthungerhilfe.org) (https://www.childgrowthmonitor.org).
Child Growth Monitor (CGM) is Welthungerhilfe’s digital innovation project leveraging AI to fight child malnutrition. Around 200 million children around the world are suffering from malnutrition. Malnutrition contributes to one-third of deaths of children under the age of five. In the fight against malnutrition, detection is the first important step, but this is not an easy task: Measuring children with traditional methods is still a complex, slow, and expensive task, frequently resulting in poor data and wrong assessments of the child’s health. Early detection of malnutrition becomes the key to initiating treatment, minimizing the risk of complications,
and saving lives by reducing the chances of death to a great extent.
Our solution to measure children replaces hardware (bulky measuring boards and physical scales) with off-the-shelf cell phones and AI. CGM uses augmented reality-enabled smartphones to record 3D scans of children. Artificial Intelligence is used to predict their height, weight, and middle upper-arm circumference needed to know the nutritional status of the children.
What you would do to help us save millions of children's lives
We are looking for you as an experienced Sr Software Engineer who works collaboratively with the dedicated team of tech specialists (AI, ML & Data Scientists) distributed globally have a shared responsibility for ensuring high quality and
Scalable health care product in an agile approach.
This posting concerns a full-time assignment working for Welthungerhilfe’s CGM in a freelance capacity but Full-time employment (payroll) is scheduled for the end of 2022 latest. We are in the process of setting up CGM as a registered social business from mostly January 2023 and moving all the consultants on CGM payrolls.
- Designing, developing features, refinement/improving and implementing the CGM product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
- De-bugging of the current issues
- Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders within Engineering (Frontend, UX, etc.) to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance.
- Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale Mobile app environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Provide mentorship for Junior and Intermediate Engineers on your team to help them grow in their technical responsibilities and remove blockers to their autonomy.
Requirements and skills
- Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process.
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions.
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems.
- Extensive experience in core Python (3-7yrs)
- Should have worked on Azure or any Cloud and Azure data factory or any similar data platforms
- Experience using Flask/Flutter framework
- Experience working on mobile applications/Web applications (writing flask framework)
- Knowledge of DevOps Pipeline
- Good experience in SQL database
- Working knowledge in Data engineering (ETL pipelines Result Generation Module)
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies such as Vue JS
- Working knowledge in creating predictive models for AI and ML-based features
- Tech /BE in Computer Science with a total of 7 years of software development/Programming experience.
- Good to have an experience in Kubernetes (opensource system)
- Good to have experience working on healthcare mobile apps (predictive analytics and image diagnostics)
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Python Developer, who adopts a hands-on approach and loves to build scalable, distributed and large web / mobile products. You would be responsible for designing the architecture, reviewing the code, building the technology and deploying web/mobile applications.
- Own the product development from scratch.
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications.
- Contribute to discussion on software architecture while mentoring a team of developers.
- Participate in code reviews, design reviews, SCRUM ceremonies, and troubleshoot to ensure uptime for live systems etc.
- Bachelor's degree in a technology-related field from a premier college.
- Prior 3+ years of experience in back-end development (Python/ Golang) in a start-up or a dynamic work environment.
- Good exposure in writing and optimizing SQL for high-performance systems.
- Understanding of asyncio and eventloop/ uvloop concepts. Knowledge of frameworks such as Quart/ Fastapi/ Starlette is preferred.
- Knowledge of AWS; Caching technologies like Redis, Memcache; ELK; mySQL Databases, etc.
- Strong understanding of System Design, Microservice Architecture, Kafka, Pub/Sub, Message queues, and in-memory data stores etc.
- Customer oriented, responsive to changes, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
⦁ 2+ years of working experience as a software engineer.
⦁ Engineer capable of designing solutions, writing code, and deployment
⦁ Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and expertise with statistical computer languages (Python, Django) and the related ecosystem (PyCharm, Jupyter)
⦁ Good knowledge of Python.
⦁ Creative problem-solving ability and sound judgment ability to use own initiative and take responsibility for decisions.
Candidate must have
⦁ Good knowledge of Python
⦁ Django, Flask, FastApi
⦁ Candidates must have knowledge about Product Development.
⦁ Candidates must have Technical Degree.
⦁ Developing back-end components.
⦁ Design and develop web applications in Python, and Django.
⦁ Good knowledge of Django, Flask, FastApi
⦁ Must be proficient in writing python codes
⦁ Must have worked on back-end development
⦁ Integrate Python application with other internal applications.
⦁ Strong spoken and written communication skills in English
➢ Design and develop core server side components for our consumer facing site
as well as for fulfillment and inventory logistics
➢ Prototype new ideas
Experience / Skills Required:
➢ B.Tech or advanced degree in Computer Science with 8-12 years of progressive industry
➢ Strong experience with Python development and Django framework or NodeJS required
➢ Strong experience with building reusable server components
➢ Strong experience with WebServices, XML, REST interfaces
➢ Strong experience with object oriented programming
➢ Strong experience with backend performance optimization and algorithms
➢ Strong experience with SQL, RDBMS, data modeling and MySQL, Oracle or other RDBMS
➢ Strong leadership / technology mentoring skills a must. Ability to do code and design reviews is a
key part of this role.
➢ Experience with Microservices / Distributed event based architectures desired.
➢ Deep experience with Linux based development and deployment architectures.
➢ Experience with database query tuning.
➢ Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS is a great plus
➢ Experience with frameworks such as Angular / React JS is a great plus
➢ Awareness of and experience with reactive programming is a plus
➢ Experience with Ecommerce/Consumer facing applications serving a large volume of users is a
➢ Exposure to technologies like Kafka, Redis, Spark, Kinesis, Solr, ElasticSearch etc is a plus.
➢ Experience with NoSQL or BigData is a great plus
➢ Hands on Full Stack experience desired.
➢ Must be adept at experimenting with new technologies
➢ Must have excellent communication (verbal & written), interpersonal, leadership, and problem
➢ Must be able to work independently and enjoy working at a fast paced start-up environmen
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Applications, Mathematics, Statistics, or related technical field. Relevant experience of at least 3 years in lieu of above if from a different stream of education.
Well-versed in and 3+ hands-on demonstrable experience with: ▪ Stream & Batch Big Data Pipeline Processing using Apache Spark and/or Apache Flink.
▪ Distributed Cloud Native Computing including Server less Functions
▪ Relational, Object Store, Document, Graph, etc. Database Design & Implementation
▪ Micro services Architecture, API Modeling, Design, & Programming
3+ years of hands-on development experience in Apache Spark using Scala and/or Java.
Ability to write executable code for Services using Spark RDD, Spark SQL, Structured Streaming, Spark MLLib, etc. with deep technical understanding of Spark Processing Framework.
In-depth knowledge of standard programming languages such as Scala and/or Java.
3+ years of hands-on development experience in one or more libraries & frameworks such as Apache Kafka, Akka, Apache Storm, Apache Nifi, Zookeeper, Hadoop ecosystem (i.e., HDFS, YARN, MapReduce, Oozie & Hive), etc.; extra points if you can demonstrate your knowledge with working examples.
3+ years of hands-on development experience in one or more Relational and NoSQL datastores such as PostgreSQL, Cassandra, HBase, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Elastic Search, Neo4J, etc.
Practical knowledge of distributed systems involving partitioning, bucketing, CAP theorem, replication, horizontal scaling, etc.
Passion for distilling large volumes of data, analyze performance, scalability, and capacity performance issues in Big Data Platforms.
Ability to clearly distinguish system and Spark Job performances and perform spark performance tuning and resource optimization.
Perform benchmarking/stress tests and document the best practices for different applications.
Proactively work with tenants on improving the overall performance and ensure the system is resilient, and scalable.
Good understanding of Virtualization & Containerization; must demonstrate experience in technologies such as Kubernetes, Istio, Docker, OpenShift, Anthos, Oracle VirtualBox, Vagrant, etc.
Well-versed with demonstrable working experience with API Management, API Gateway, Service Mesh, Identity & Access Management, Data Protection & Encryption.
Hands-on experience with demonstrable working experience with DevOps tools and platforms viz., Jira, GIT, Jenkins, Code Quality & Security Plugins, Maven, Artifactory, Terraform, Ansible/Chef/Puppet, Spinnaker, etc.
Well-versed in AWS and/or Azure or and/or Google Cloud; must demonstrate experience in at least FIVE (5) services offered under AWS and/or Azure or and/or Google Cloud in any categories: Compute or Storage, Database, Networking & Content Delivery, Management & Governance, Analytics, Security, Identity, & Compliance (or) equivalent demonstrable Cloud Platform experience.
Good understanding of Storage, Networks and Storage Networking basics which will enable you to work in a Cloud environment.
Good understanding of Network, Data, and Application Security basics which will enable you to work in a Cloud as well as Business Applications / API services environment.