Marmeto is an Information Technology company. We have one aspiration – to become a top-notch business in the service industry. And we have one belief – hard work with 100% dedication always yields complete client satisfaction, which is what we are constantly working towards. Other than that, it’s simply a magic potion of honesty, loyalty, and morality that unifies our team to deliver the best to our clients.
Our sole aspiration is our constant motivator, our belief is our guiding light, our values are our abiding rules and our personnel is our heart and soul. After all, to us, this is a world where our performance is measured by how readily we place our client’s business along with our own.
We are looking for Backend Developers who are passionate about solving problems. We offer a result-driven, fun, and dynamic environment. So far, we've built a reasonably-sized, high-powered team and are always striving to be the best place to work we can be.
Our Tech Deck :
- Backend & Servers
- Google Drive
Your Part :
- You shall be part of our design and development team. You shall be assigned one or multiple modules, wherein you shall:
- Write backend code and APIs, maintain the database and cache.
- Rapidly develop next-generation scalable, flexible, and high-performance systems.
- Act as an intermediary for problems, with both technical and non-technical people.
- Collaborate with the team to prioritize projects and ensure on-time completion.
Preferred Qualification & Experience :
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience/knowledge
- Working knowledge of both Unix and Windows in a software development setting prefer strength in Unix (all flavors) environment.
- Strong HTTP fundamentals.
- Basic networking knowledge.
- Familiarity with relational database concepts and RDBMS systems such as MySQL etc.
- A solid understanding of REST principles, and experience writing backend code to change or design APIs.
- Worked on NoSQL databases like Memcache, Redis, MongoDB etc.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Preferred Skills & Abilities :
- As a Developer:
- Write clean, manageable code and maintain proper documentation
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies and frameworks to maximise development efficiency
- Excellent command over Data Structures and Algorithms
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Passion for quality and innovation
- An eye for detail
- As a team player
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Ability to manage and drive small teams
- Ability to work independently in small teams
- Estimate timelines and deliver as per schedule
- Responsible and capable of meeting tight deadlines
- Thrive in a variable and demanding startup environment
- Collaborate with multiple disciplines like product, engineering, marketing, research and support, and enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- Understand technical and business needs and fulfil them
About our Client
Our client is a B2B2C tech firm backed by India’s largest retailer and tech venture capitalist founded by founders - IITB Graduates who are experienced in retail, ecommerce and fintech
It aims to become one app to manage all your brands loyalty points, cashback and coupons. It will have additional content and discovery layer for customers and brands for further engagement and commerce.
The company currently powers closed-loop loyalty programs for all different brands under its parent retail group. Currently, it has 20Mn+ registered customers and 3Mn MAU across 8 brands. Its vision is to be at the center of D2C Brands and the consumer consumption ecosystem
Job Location -Bangalore
Job Location: Bangalore
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- High volume of data and requests to be managed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- BE / MCA / B.Sc-IT / B.Tech in Computer Science or a related field.
- 3-5 years overall development experience.
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- At least one year experience with PHP or NodeJS.
- Experience with at least one Relational database like MongoDB, MySQL or NoSQL
- Experience with multiple PHP frameworks will be plus(e.g Wordpress, Laravel, Codeigniter,Symfony, cakePHP)
- Proficiency with multiple PHP Frameworks.
- Proficiency designing and building APIs.
- Comfortable in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction coupled with team collaboration and open communication
- Experience in both Linux and Windows environment development. Understanding of RESTful web services.
- Work in a fast-paced, creative atmosphere to develop new ideas that adapt to evolving user needs
- Experience using Git / GitHub. Excellent communication skills
- Build services that serve millions of users
- Build for performance, reliability, and scalability
- Design easy-to-use APIs, systems, and tools
- Work with small teams of engineers, product, design, operation and other teams
- Lead projects, achieve goals, celebrate success with your teams
What you bring:
- 5+ years as individual contributor
- Strong background in Computer Science
- Strong technical expertise in robust and scalable server platform
- Helpful experiences include Java, Python, AWS, GCP, DevOps
- Leadership at bijnis is a service - you must be influential, patient, compassionate, able to prioritize, and able to inspire
- Ability to collaborate across multiple and cross functional teams
- Strategic mindset combined with pragmatic execution, and bias for action
- 2+ years of experience on Java, Spring Boot, Hibernate in medium to large-scale projects
- Must have experience with at least some flavours of both SQL (MySQL, Postgres) and NoSQL (Kafka, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, NoSQL distributed cache system, DynamoDB etc), datastores in production
- Must have experience with Kafka or similar message queue systems in production
- Stellar problem solving skills
- Hunger to learn new things and ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Ability to move quickly without breaking things too much (we are dreamers)
- Ability to work under immense pressure which is balanced by a sense of responsibility and ownership
- Should be able to groom juniors and take them to the next level