Backend Web Developer
Our client operates from 18 cities across 13 countries. Our investment personnel manage US $247 billion across a wide range of global, regional and country-specific strategies - both traditional and alternative - in listed equity and fixed income. At Lazard Asset Management, we pride ourselves in balancing the feel of a small firm with the scale of a large global organization. Our entrepreneurial culture and flat management structure foster an environment in which good ideas can take flight, no matter where they come from.
Our client is looking for an innovative software engineer to join our IT department. This individual will be working on the systems that support the global sales and marketing organization. This role will be responsible for building and supporting the backend services and API’s used in all of the applications. This role requires a highly motivated, organized and experienced developer with pride of ownership reflected through clean design, code quality and a disciplined software development approach.
- Design and implement middle-tier web applications, and RESTful services.
- Collaborate with front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic.
- Support existing software with quick troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Be part of an empowered team following agile methodologies.
Desired Candidate Profile:
- 5+ year’s applications development experience with full-stack development and agile frameworks.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and service-oriented design.
- Work effectively both as a contributing team member and independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative problem solving with the ability to present multiple solutions and potential side effects.
- Fast paced programming mentality with quick turnaround.
- Expertise with API creation and RESTful services.
- Expertise developing backend server components using Python, NodeJS, C#
- Expertise building micro service architecture.
- Experiencebuilding and supporting websites using CMS systems (Tridion, Drupal, AEM)
- Experience and proficiency with relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase).
- Experience and proficiency with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra).
- Experience running services on container technologies like Kubernetes and Docker.
- Amazon AWS or equivalent cloud architecture experience with a major cloud provider.
- Experience with Jira.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins or TeamCity.
- Experience with CRM systems especially Salesforce is a plus.