Egnyte is seeking an experienced Sr. Software Engineer to join our Software Engineering (Infrastructure) group. The Software Engineering (Infrastructure) group builds large distributed components and services that run Egnyte’s Cloud Platform. Our code serves billions of requests per day with sub-second latency in a fault-tolerant environment. Some of the responsibilities for this group include Egnyte’s Cloud File System, Object Store, Metadata Stores, Search Systems, Recommendations Systems, Synchronization, and intelligent caching of multi-petabyte datasets. We are looking for candidates with a shared passion for building large-scale distributed systems and a keen sense for tackling complexities that come with scaling through multiple orders of magnitude.
What You’ll Do (but is not limited to)
- Design and develop highly-scalable elastic cloud architecture that seamlessly integrates with on-premises systems
- Challenge and redefine existing architectural fundamentals in order to provide next level of performance and scalability; ability to foresee post-deployment design challenges, performance and scale bottlenecks
- Work with multicultural, geographically distributed teams and closely coordinate with cross-functional teams in multiple time zones.
- Deliver enterprise-grade products to customers and continuously work with engineering team to refine products in the field
- Mentor interns and junior engineers, collaborate with Operations, and work closely with CTO on roadmap items
- Extensive penetration testing to ensure security across a hybrid deployment between public/private cloud
- Monitor and manage 3,000+ nodes using modern DevOps tools and APM solutions
- Proactive performance and exception analysis
- 5+ years of relevant industry work Experience
- Demonstrated success designing and developing complex systems
- Expertise with multi-tenant, highly complex, cloud solutions
- Experience owning all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA and maintenance.
- Experience with the following technologies: Java, SQL, Linux, Python, HBase/BigTable
- Data driven decision process
- Relies on unit testing instead of manual QA
- Knowledge of DevOps techniques
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Hybrid and/or on-premises solutions
- Experience in working with AWS or GCP
- Experience with the following technologies:, Nginx, Haproxy, BigQuery, New Relic, Graphite, and/or Puppet
- Security / Governance expertise
In a content critical age, Egnyte fuels business growth by enabling content-rich business processes, while also providing organizations with visibility and control over their content assets. Egnyte’s cloud-native content services platform leverages the industry’s leading content intelligence engine to deliver a simple, secure, and vendor-neutral foundation for managing enterprise content across business applications and storage repositories. More than 16,000 customers trust Egnyte to enhance employee productivity, automate data management, and reduce file-sharing cost and complexity. Investors include Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Caufield & Byers, and Goldman Sachs. For more information, visit www.egnyte.com
Egnyte provides secure Enterprise File Sharing and Content Governance built from the Cloud down. Access, Share and Control 100% of your data from anywhere using any smartphone, tablet or computer.
Egnyte store billion of files and petabytes of data and we are looking for help to take the platform used by millions of users to the next level of scale. Autonomy and ownership is integral to our culture and engineers own one or more services end to end.
We’re looking for Engineers and they should be able to take a complex problem and work with product managers, devops and other team members to execute end to end.
2. Hands-on experience with Hibernate/JPA
3. Added advantage if known MicroServices and Design Patterns
4. Experience working with tools like Git, Jenkins, Maven
5. Working knowledge with Oracle or MySQL Database
6. Strong agile/scrum development experience
- Immediate joiners with 5 to 10 years of experience.
- Should have team leading experience.
- Should be keen to work as a Developer.
- Java, Spring boot and Design patterns are key areas where they should be excellent.
- Good communication skills is a mandate.
- Should be willing to work on alternate Saturdays (10 AM to 4:30 PM).
- They will have to relocate to Chennai.
- Strong SQL skills, Postgres SQL database knowledge.
- Cloud Experience in deployment (CI/CD)
- Unit Test case
- Angular – good to have
- Work with product managers to understand product requirements and make them live.
- Ownership of end to end development
- Startup mindset of getting things done and focussing on business goals
- Proven problem solving skills
- 3+ years Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using server side technology (Java, Spring Boot / Node.js, Express)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies
- Good knowledge of design patterns
- Proficiency in REST architecture
- Experience with test-driven development
- Experience with Git/CI/CD/Gradle/Maven
- Inclination towards writing quality and performant code
- Experience in Agile development
- Performance tuning, testing, refactoring and automation
- Experience working with AWS Cloud and Devops technologies (terraform , cloudformation, ansible)
- Experience running a production environment
You will break down business opportunities and problems into software solutions. You will work closely with the CTO to help product and marketing stakeholders distill the product vision and roadmap, into a technology vision. You will be responsible for the evolution of an already bleeding-edge highly distributed systems at the back-end, and would need to work withfront-end architects to come up with the best user experience for the gaming platform. You will be required to make decisions quickly, and work under strict timelines. You would lead technology strategy through analysis of market trends and product requirements. You would help set coding guidelines and help bring the most modern tools to keep engineering processes most efficient.
● B.E/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
● 10+ years or more of progressive software technology experience with at least 3 years
in an architectural role.
● Completely hands on with technology and architecture. Start-up experience is a huge
● Ability to quickly prototype and demonstrate technology value adds and educate + drive
adoption within the extended technology team
● Excellent and robust understanding of scalable product system architecture(s),
platforms and core technologies
● Demonstrated problem-solving and leadership skills to pursue correct engineering
process in adverse conditions. Ability to embrace and demonstrate leadership beyond
● Work with engineering leadership to setup and manage processes.
● Track record of thought leadership and out of the box thinking in the technology arena.
● Ability to work efficiently in an entrepreneurial and in a start-up environment
● Deep and hands on knowledge of some of these technologies - MySQL, NodeJS,
message brokers such as Kafka/RabbitMQ, NoSQL datastore such as Mongo, Cassandra,
Arango, distributed caches such as Redis/memcached, container technology such as
Docker and Kubernetes etc.
● Great proficiency in distributed systems design, with an ability to make the right
trade-offs for creating future-proof solutions.
● Building quick PoCs and full-fledged solutions with various AWS managed services would
be a big plus.
- Drive development and delivery of top notch technology solutions to clients efficiently.
- Lead development of implementation plan, logic and modules to embed in client solutions and client discussion ready documents /presentations.
- Lead in designing, implementing, maintaining and updating applications that are often high-volume and low-latency, required for mission critical systems.
- Lead in refining and improving system stability by continuously refactoring and measuring performance.
- Drive development of actionable, clean, maintainable, testable, reusable, extensible codes, including standardization and automation of processes.
- Provide technical and functional guidance to team members through expert knowledge and hands-on support.
- Manage projects, resource utilization, time schedules and deliveries to clients.
- Proactively drive discussions with stakeholders to understand their business requirements, business context and guide team to provide robust actional solutions.
- Effectively engage with stakeholders – create and nurture and deepen relationships.
- Ensure positive & creative work-environment, culture of collaborations, speak-up, high level of energy & enthusiasm, curiosity to learn and continuous improvement.
- Inspire, engage, motivate and provide constructive feedback to team members to develop their technical & soft skills and fully support their development aspirations.
- Drive researching and conceptualizing solution approaches, new techniques or solution frameworks and author high quality discussion papers.
Qualifications, Skills and Experiences
- BE / BTech / ME / M Tech in engineering or MCA or similar relevant field.
- 2 to 17 years (Junior, Intermediate, Senior Role & we have multiple openings)of relevant hands-on experience and excellent knowledge of Java, Python, SQL, Relational Databases, DB schema or ORM technologies.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of building applications, platforms and services in Java, Python and MS SQL or at least two of them.
- 5 + years of experience of managing projects, team and stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience of agile methodologies.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment and make quality decisions in moderately to high ambiguous work environment.
- Previous work experience in financial services, especially, capital markets is preferred.
Key Skills - Java , Hibernate , Spring , Maven, MVC Framework ,Spring Boot , J2EE
Your Responsibilities :
1) Building highly scalable and secured applications/microservices and responsive APIs
2) Assessing the security risks associated with the platform architecture and suggesting/implementing suitable changes for the same.
3) Architect and implement back-end services to support our mobile and web clients.
4) Creating and implementing database schemas that represent and support business processes.
5) Use best software development practices and processes including unit testing, code reviews, and site monitoring post deployment.
6) Continue to research and evaluate new technologies that may improve performance and elegance of our software implementation.
7) Explore and Integrate third-party APIs when required for the project.
8) Work closely with the rest of the team to bring our features into production.
Your skills :
- Hands-on experience in Django Framework.
- Strong Knowledge of Python.
- Strong Knowledge of MVC design pattern and object oriented programming concepts.
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS like Postgresql and Database schema design.
- Experience in developing robust and secure RESTful web API and microservices using Django/Python.
- Experience in Test Driven Development.
- Experience in handling No-SQL MongoDB or similar.
- Hands-on experience in GitHub.
- Experience in CI, CD tools like jenkins.
- Experience in managing cloud-based web applications on Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud.
- You love code and up for the challenge!
Skills required are Java, microservice,Spring boot, and knowledge of AWS.
Mandatory technical skill: Core Java, Microservices, Spring, J2ee,
Good analytical and coding skill.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
• Lead one of the product verticals in the development of technology strategy, planning, hiring and execution of the next iteration of the WeInvest platform.
• Institutionalize a strong software engineering culture and facilitate a rapid, iterative, layered development approach.
• Be hands on with the coding, evaluate design and architecture choices, do in-depth code reviews, and implement standards and practices for software development.
• Inspire the engineering team to build quality, scalable code by pairing with team members periodically.
• Participate in the definition and management of high-quality product roadmaps based on business, product & tech strategy.
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Masters /BE/ B.Tech from a reputed institute
• About 6-10 years professional experience in software development.
• Excellent logical and analytical reasoning capabilities combined with strong knowledge of core
computer science concepts like algorithms, data structures, software design patterns, OOP etc.
• Should have experience in all the phases of SDLC
• Must have experience in leading a team. (At least 2-3 people)
• Be an expert in ruby on rails with experience OR from Fintech, Wealth Management OR Investment
• Management Domain with experience in any of the programming languages (Java/Python/Ruby).
• Breadth of experience in multiple technologies, tools, frameworks and processes is a big plus.
• Excellent understanding of core computer science concepts like algorithms, data structure,
Software design patterns, OOP etc. Be able to lead the team in design & architecture discussions,
introduce new tools, concepts & process to the team and guide other members of the team.
• Experience working in an agile team with software engineering practices like automated testing,
test- driven-development, continuous integration etc is a big plus.
• Excellent oral and written communication.