Candidates should have worked with Startups (IT Product Firms)
Should be from B2C Firms/Product/SaaS Firms
Key Skills: Python, Golang, Java, Distributed Systems, Cloud, Microservices Architecture, MVC, Design Patterns, Data Structure, Algorithms
Your Experience Across The Years in the Roles You’ve Played
- 6+ years of technology experience (at least 2 years in direct engineering management)
- Managing a 5-15 member engineering team in an agile product org
- Track record of collaborative working with multiple stakeholders
- Planning and analysis with effective communication skills
You’ll Be Improving & Responsible For
- Our products engineering team that works on initiatives fuelling the growth of our recent health retail insurance products
- Collaboration across cross-functional stakeholders to ensure delivery timelines are met
- Implementing product engineering best practices, and evangelizing them within the org
- Engineering management with a strong sense of ownership
- Problem solving with a clear and analytical approach and organized work habits
- Technological innovation in agile product engineering scenarios
- Product and business management principles and metrics
- Architect, develop, test and deploy robust products that are fast, scalable and highly responsive.
- Design and maintain large and complex databases, both relational and non-relational databases.
- Establish, refine and integrate development environment tools and software as needed.
- Developing back end website applications.
- Identify production and non-production application issues as a part of deployment.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
- Vast knowledge in Data Structure.
- Previous working experience as a developer for at least 12 months.
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL or Oracle and MongoDB.
- Experience with MEAN Full-stack paradigm.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
Function: Software Engineering → Backend Development
- 4 + years of experience in Java, Spring, Hibernate, Springboot/microservices
- Good understanding and practical experience in Spring framework ( Spring boot,JPA,MVC)
- Extensively worked on microservices based design architecture
- Strong command on Data Structures, algorithms & Problem Solving
- Very strong on Oops Java Basic,
- Good on Multithreading Concepts
- Should have good exposure on Messaging platform (Kafka,JMS, AMQ etc,)
At bigbasket.com we believe in being smart, quick and efficient, making your life as leisurely as possible. We understand that in this fast-paced world, time is always of the essence and hence want to make your grocery shopping easy and convenient so that no time is wasted in this process. So, no more hassle of going down to the grocery store and long queues for billing etc. You can browse through our varied range of products at bigbasket.com, order them and get them to be delivered at your own convenient time slot.
We specially hand pick each and every product for you, putting it through a safety packaging process and finding your home, no matter how bad the wind is or how cold the weather is. Our ''No questions asked refund' and ''10% off for a delayed delivery'' policy makes us a customer friendly online food and grocery store. Just follow three simple steps and get your order delivered - simply Browse, Add to cart & Choose delivery slot!
Why Explore a Career at Bigbasket.com
Bigbasket engineering thrives on out of the box thinking and relentless pursuit of excellence. We are looking for senior developers who share our passion for building world class software. If you are excited about the prospect of changing the way India shops for groceries and being a pioneer -- then this a great home for you. Not to mention the thrill of building products that millions use on a daily basis and using cutting edge technology to make the products customers love.
While we are techies at heart -- we don't use technology for the sake of technology, but pride ourselves in solving customer problems in the most efficient and elegant ways. Do the customers really care about efficient implementation of Levenshtein Distance? Well no. But they really appreciate when their typos are pardoned and don't get in the way. Similarly customers don't give a damn that robots efficiently segregate their packets, but they do care about their orders delivered in a timely way.
If you enjoy Coding, Testing and love solving business problems, then we'd like to meet you.
Min 3 years exp in Python development
Have experience in NLP, Worked on NLP algorithms.
Mongodb experience is addon.
About the Company:
It is a Data as a Service company that helps businesses harness the power of data. Our technology fuels some of the most interesting big data projects of the word. We are a small bunch of people working towards shaping the imminent data-driven future by solving some of its fundamental and toughest challenges.
Role: We are looking for an experienced team lead to drive data acquisition projects end to end. In this role, you will be working in the web scraping team with data engineers, helping them solve complex web problems and mentor them along the way. You’ll be adept at delivering large-scale web crawling projects, breaking down barriers for your team and planning at a higher level, and getting into the detail to make things happen when needed.
- Interface with clients and sales team to translate functional requirements into technical requirements
- Plan and estimate tasks with your team, in collaboration with the delivery managers
- Engineer complex data acquisition projects
- Guide and mentor your team of engineers
- Anticipate issues that might arise and proactively consider those into design
- Perform code reviews and suggest design changes
- Between 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Fluent programming skills and well-versed with scripting languages like Python or Ruby
- Solid foundation in data structures and algorithms
- Excellent tech troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of web data landscape
- Prior exposure to DOM, XPATH and hands on experience with selenium/automated testing is a plus
• Understand and use Messaging Based Services techniques.
• Working knowledge with MySQL or similar SQL Databases.
• Strong knowledge in Object Oriented Concepts with Core Java.
• Good understanding and practical experience with Enterprise Java Concepts and
• Good understanding of software development process in an agile environment.
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Solid coding practices including documentation, code reviews and unit testing.
• Knowledge of Grails, ReactJS, MongoDB and Junit will be an added advantage.
• Proficiency with database management is a plus.
• Experience with AWS infrastructure, e.g. S3, EC2, database services (RDS).
• Contribute to Production Support and debugging across the platform while working with other
• Strong experience with Application server development - Service layer patterns using Spring.
• Excellent verbal and written communication in English.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to multi-task on a regular basis.
• Ability to accept direction and complete work according to instruction.
• Strong analytical skills while maintaining attention to details.
• Innovative problem-solving techniques.
• Ability to organize, prioritize work, meet deadlines and work independently.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and activities in a timely manner.
• High Emotional Intelligence for an office environment.
• Experience working with office productivity tools; delivery assurance and/or industry standards
• Experience working with administrative and/or workflow systems.
• Technical leadership of an engineering team to build, deploy, and support a reliable,
performant and scalable RESTful platform.
5-8 years’ experience
BE(CSE) B.Tech, M.Tech, M.Sc, B.Sc (IT), ME, M.Sc(CS), MCA
• Monday to Friday – 5 Days work schedule
• Health insurance benefits
• Accidental and disability insurance benefits
• Opportunity to grow and promote from within
• Staff development activities
Do not apply if:
• Not having Experience in java, My SQL
• Not fluent in speaking, reading, writing English as this position requires fluent English languagebased communication
We are looking for Senior Backend Engineers to design and build the systems that power our core business of lending and loan processing. As a Senior Backend Engineer you will be expected to contribute significantly to your team. Your work is consistently of high quality. You solve complex problems, applying appropriate technologies, design patterns, and best practices. Your focus is on a major portion of existing or new team software. You work with your team to design and build software that is secure, correct, observable, and resilient. Your solutions are pragmatic. You identify the proper level of complexity for a task and advise your peers and manager on technical approach.
What you’ll do
- Design, implement, and maintain developer-friendly APIs and services
- Contribute to code and architecture reviews to keep our code quality high
- Debug and resolve production issues; take part in blameless postmortems
- Plan and execute smooth migrations to new technology as a way of managing technical debt
- Build tools and automation for our business and operations teams
- Make decisions on trade offs such as: Reuse versus introducing dependencies; Extensibility versus over-engineering; and Maintainability versus time to delivery (via short-term workarounds)
- Contribute to the improvement of your team’s code review standards, design discussions, team planning, and AARs.
You may shine in this role if you
- Have a track record of shipping software in a distributed systems environment
- Are enthusiastic about collaborating across departments to solve challenging problems
- Are pragmatic about the need to release less-than-perfect software and continuously iterate on it
- Can identify and articulate trade-offs in software and data design
- Can communicate both technical and business requirements fluently
- Are excited about both learning new things and teaching others