DeepSource is working on building tools that help developers ship good code. There are over 40 million developers in the world, and all of them write and review code in some form. There’s a massive opportunity to impact how software is built right from where the code is written using automation and intelligence, that not only improves developer productivity but also increases software’s robustness.
The Language Engineering team works on the source code analyzers, including both programming languages and configuration-as-code systems. As a member of the Language Engineering team, you will work on building the best, most comprehensive, Scala analyzer in the world. You will add new rules and Autofixes for finding more issues with code and automatically fixing them. You will be involved with the community to understand the problems with static analysis tools in the Scala ecosystem.
As a member of the Language Engineering team, you will:
Identify bad code practices in Scala and write new analyzers to detect them.
Improve the coverage of automatically fixable issues.
Ensure fewer false-positives are reported by the analyzer.
Work on the internal tools that support analysis runtimes.
Contribute to open-source static analysis tools.
We’re looking for someone who has:
Strong foundational knowledge in Computer Science.
At least 3 years of professional software development experience in Scala and Java.
Understanding of the nuances of execution of the source code (AST, data flow graphs, etc).
Familiarity with Scala best practices followed in the industry.
Native experience with Linux/Unix environment.
A focus on delivering high-quality code through strong testing practices.
We offer competitive compensation with meaningful stock options, a generous vacation policy, and a workstation of your choice, to name a few of the perks.
Responsibilities of a Senior Software Engineer (Backend):
- You will be a guide in the entire application lifecycle including research, design, development, testing (dev owns quality), along with continuous deployment and delivery
- Lead design with a major focus on best user experience, performance, scalability and future expansion
- You will act as a mentor for less-experienced peers through both your technical knowledge and leadership skills to bring in continuous improvements and implement best practices.
- You will apply the latest technology thinking from our tech radar, adopt best design practices to solve complex problems and ensure our product is the best in usability.
- You will work directly with the CEO and the cross functional product teams, align on the needs of the products and operations.
- You will analyze business, technology challenges and suggest solutions
- Build an “Awesome” team
This opportunity is for you if,
- You have 4-6 Years of work experience in building highly-interactive applications using Java, Spring MVC, Spring JMS, Spring JDBC, Spring IOC, Spring Boot, MySQL, MiBatis, ReactJS, Java Script, jQuery, AWS, JMS and have knowledge on wide range of web technologies, tools and Frameworks.
- You have experience in working with Restful webservices
- You have strong knowledge and understanding of design patterns and domain driven design
- You understand fundamental design principles behind building scalable, resilient, and maintainable applications
- You have functional knowledge of inclusive design: accessibility, and related tooling
- You have consumer web development experience for high-traffic, public facing web applications
- You have knack for writing clean, readable, re-usable code
- You have good knowledge on TDD and CI/CD practices.
- You have experience in managing and publishing releases using Git branching and tools like NPM and YARN.
- You have penchant for learning
- You are a great analytical & logical thinker and someone who loves solving problems
- You are passionate, energetic, enthusiastic and a go-getter
- You are “ FUN @ Work “
Engineering Manager – Backend
Opportunity in this role / Why should you join us?
Series D funded supply chain startup.
- Software engineering experience of greater than or equal to 7 years
- Experience managing a technical team of at least 3 people
- Exposure to consumer facing products
- Strong technical background and ability to contribute to design and review
- Familiarity with our tech stack or an analogous tech stack
- Web application frameworks : Ktor, Spring Boot, Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Java Play, AWS Lambda
- Datastores : PostgreSQL, Aerospike, Redis, DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift
- Communication : HTTP, Amazon SQS, Sidekiq, Amazon SNS
- Server management : Amazon ECS, Docker
- Design frameworks : Domain Driven Design, Clean Architecture, Layered Architecture
Roles and Responsibilities
This role requires a person to drive the engineering of a set of products by aligning with business and product
stakeholders and building and upskilling a team to aid in this. The responsibilities include:
Business and product alignment and planning
- Work closely with business and product stakeholders to understand and align with product initiatives and iterations.
- Help shape the engineering requirement by aligning with the product manager and fleshing out concepts and user flows.
- Formalize business requirements into roadmaps and sprints.
- Product and system development
- Drive high level modeling and design for projects, also focusing on non-functional aspects, including but not limited to database design, communication protocols, deployment systems, etc.
- Drive adoption of design frameworks like domain driven design, clean architecture, etc., resulting in a robust layered architecture.
- Drive good code review practices, using the review process as a mentoring tool to upskill people.
- Ensure test coverage of systems, partly through unit and integration testing, and partly through blackbox testing by collaborating with the Quality Assurance team, via good testing practices.
- Project Management
- Drive the execution of the project by delegating tasks effectively.
- Resolve blockers through technical expertise, negotiation and delegation.
- Estimate timelines and ensure adherence to them through effective sync-ups and course corrections.
- Formulate SLAs and oversee their adherence for the various systems, effectively tracking issues and performance inefficiencies.
- Performance monitoring and optimization for systems.
- Drive technical re-design, remodeling and refactoring of systems for robustness and sustainability.
- Team Management
- Typically manage a team of 3 - 6 members and a portfolio of 3 - 6 products.
- Do periodic assessment of reportees, chart their career growth paths and train them.
- Recruit members into the team by collaborating effectively with the recruitment team.
You will be contributing to products concerning both customers and partner drivers. Product sectors
- Growth : You’ll build tools to help boost user growth on the platform including our industry bestdriver on-boarding, training and certification system, referral system, and lead managementmmodels.
- Lifecycle Management : Build tools to help users engage with the platform better, which includes rewards and recognition module, subscription service, account management tools, partner and customer wallets and payout modules, and churn detection systems among others.
- Transaction Experience : You’ll help deliver the most delightful booking experience to our customers and drivers. As part of this team, you’ll be responsible for our core booking system, pricing and payment systems, location tracking and filtering services, fraud prevention systems, and in-app ticketing and support among others.
- Fulfilment : As part of the fulfilment team, you’ll work on systems which ensure high degree of ride fulfilment on the platform. Tools including allocation methodologies and system, dynamic pricing, dynamic partner routing, and partner re-activation tools among others.
- Enterprise Solutions : You’ll help Porter’s enterprise customers achieve delivery excellence. You’ll build tools for contract management, fleet management, fleet and route optimisation tools, alerting and monitoring tools, and analytics suite among others.
Technical Lead - Backend
Paytm is India’s leading digital payments and financial services company, which is focused on driving consumers and merchants to its platform by offering them a variety of payment use cases. Paytm provides consumers with services like utility payments and money transfers, while empowering them to pay via Paytm Payment Instruments (PPI) like Paytm Wallet, Paytm UPI, Paytm Payments Bank Netbanking, Paytm FASTag and Paytm Postpaid - Buy Now, Pay Later. To merchants, Paytm offers acquiring devices like Soundbox, EDC, QR and Payment Gateway where payment aggregation is done through PPI and also other banks’ financial instruments. To further enhance merchants’ business, Paytm offers merchants commerce services through advertising and Paytm Mini app store. Operating on this platform leverage, the company then offers credit services such as merchant loans, personal loans and BNPL, sourced by its financial partners.
About the role:
As a Technical Lead, you will be developing the detailed design structure, implementing the best practices and coding standards, leading a team of developers for successful delivery of the project. You will be working on design, architecture and hands-on coding.
- 6+ years years of server-side application development experience with Java, Spring boot, Microservices, AWS
- Demonstrated experience delivering highly scalable products
- Deeply technical with a track record of successful delivery.
- An entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong program and product management skills.
- Proven success in building, motivating and retaining teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex plans and designs.
- Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent design and architecture knowledge.
Preferred Qualification : Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Skills that will help you succeed in this role:
- Tech Stack: Lang: Java, DB: RDBMS, Messaging: Kafka/RabbitMQ, Caching: Redis/Aerospike, Micro services, AWS
- Strong experience in scaling, performance tuning & optimization at both API and storage layers
- Hands-on leader, and problem solver with a passion for excellence.
Why join us:
- Because you get an opportunity to make a difference, and have a great time doing that.
- You are challenged and encouraged here to do stuff that is meaningful for you and for those we serve.
- You should work with us if you think seriously about what technology can do for people.
- We are successful, and our successes are rooted in our people's collective energy and unwavering focus on the customer, and that's how it will always be.
If you are the right fit, we believe in creating wealth for you. With enviable 500 mn+ registered users, 21 mn+ merchants and depth of data in our ecosystem, we are in a unique position to democratize credit for deserving consumers & merchants – and we are committed to it. India’s largest digital lending story is brewing here. It’s your opportunity to be a part of the story!
Looking for someone who can join in a month's notice
Role- Java Developer
Location- Bangalore, Mumbai
Experience- 5-8 yrs
- 5-7 Yrs of experience building enterprise level applications using Java Restful API’s, Spring(Core, aspect ,boot & batch) and related frame works.
- Development experience in core java
- Expertise in multi-tiered Java EE design and programming , solid understanding and multi-tiered web based applications
- Solid data structures and algorithm experience
- Strong expertise in all the following Java-based technologies
- Hibernate Framework (integration layer and Web MVC)
Thingworx Developer/Sr Developer
Required experience range between 3-6 years.
· Thingworx Navigate experience desired
· Experience in Core Java, Java collections & Oops Concept
· Databases – MySQL, MS-SQL
· Having good working knowledge with XML, JSON.
· Design and Application development using Thingworx version - (8.2,8.5,9.X)
· Develop ThingWorx extension using Java
· ThingWorx service creation using Java Extension
· ThingWorx mashups design and development
· Data storage in ThingWorx - Stream/Value Stream/Data Tables
· Integration with source/target system using REST API, data Files.
· Familiar with Agile Methodologies (SCRUM)
· Thingworx Integration with 3rd apps preferred and will be added advantage
Object oriented design patterns
Maven build process and how Maven works
Working knowledge and good proficiency in Git , Git repo , git bash and git commands
Programming logic and reasoning
Mentoring should come naturally to you, as well as finding the right balance towards process and documentation.
1) You will be working on interesting technical challenges in a product centric and open-source driven environment. The role requires a good knowledge of Algorithmic Design and Architecture, Data structures, OOPS Concepts, server less architectures and complex problem solving skills.
2) You will help set a very high bar on code quality.
3) You will take ownership of product features from conception to implementation, testing deployment and support.
4) A lot of freedom on when and where you work from - just get stuff done.
5) You will open source as much as possible, and blog about cool things that you learnt and built.
6) You will help define who we become as a company.
7) You will get stock options in line with silicon valley standards.
1) We have a strict no-divas rule. There are a lot of smart engineers on the team but no one with an attitude / superiority complex.
2) If you think writing tests for your code, writing docs, doing customer support etc are not your cup of tea, this isn't the right role for you.
3) Similarly if you're viewing this just as a 20-40% increment opportunity over your current compensation, this isn't the right role or company for you.
This role can be the growth opportunity of a lifetime for anyone who has been operating as a backend lead and wants to grow into a full stack
Check out the links below if you'd like to learn more about us. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
1) Why ShoppinPal? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE7DgtwA0ws
2) Our hiring philosophy and process http://techstory.in/building-startup-team/