DeepSource is working on building tools that help developers ship good code. There are over 40 million developers in the world, and all of them write and review code in some form. The Language Engineering team works on the source code analyzers, including both programming languages and configuration-as-code systems. As a member of the Language Engineering team, you will work on building the best, most comprehensive, Ruby analyzer in the world. You will add new rules and Autofixes for finding more issues with code and automatically fixing them. You will be involved with the community to understand the problems with static analysis tools in the Ruby ecosystem.
As a member of the Language Engineering team, you will:
Identify bad code practices in Ruby and write new analyzers to detect them.
Improve the coverage of automatically fixable issues.
Ensure fewer false-positives are reported by the analyzer.
Work on the internal tools that support analysis runtimes.
Contribute to open-source static analysis tools.
We’re looking for someone who has:
Strong foundational knowledge in Computer Science.
At least 3 years of professional software development experience in Ruby.
Understanding of the nuances of execution of the source code (AST, data flow graphs, etc).
Familiarity with Ruby best practices followed in the industry.
Native experience with Linux/Unix environment.
A focus on delivering high-quality code through strong testing practices.
We offer competitive compensation with meaningful stock options, a generous vacation policy, and a workstation of your choice, to name a few of the perks.
• C++ , Unix Environment ( Linux/AIX/HP UX), Oracle/MySQL
• Excellent command on OOPS
• Minimum of 3 years (for Mid and Junior) of hands-on work experience in C++, Unix
• Hands-on experience of using data structures, STL, Boost libraries, Design patterns
• Exposure to XML or Edifact is desired
• Exposure to XSLT mappings is a plus
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Exposure to CppUnit (or similar tools)
• 4 to 8 years of experience
• Pune, Gandhinagar & Hyderabad (Preferably Pune & Gandhinagar)
We are a tech venture which provides Product Engineering, QA Automation, Infrastructure, Data, and Market Research services.
Technical Proficiency :
Must have :
Strong development experience in Python in the environment of Unix/Linux/Ubuntu
Strong practical knowledge of Python and its libraries.
Current working experience with cloud deployment of AWS/Azure/GCP, Microservice architecture, and Docker in Python.
Good knowledge of CI/CD and DevOps practices
Good Experience of Python with Django/ Scrapy/ Flask frameworks.
Good Experience in Jupyter/ Docker/ Elastic Search, etc.
Solid understanding of software development principles and best practices.
Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Proven ability to drive large-scale projects with a deep understanding of Agile SDLC, high collaboration, and leadership.
Good to have :
Expected to have migration experience from one version to the other, as this project is about migration to the latest version.
Preferred if had an OpenEdx platform experience or any LMS platform.
We are looking for a talented Ruby on Rails Developer who is motivated to create
websites, Mobile Apps and web applications for top clients. You will join our team
and actively help us build functional software and web-based applications.
What will you work on?
● Develop server-side logic, definition and maintenance of central database
● Ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the
● Integrate the front-end elements built into the application
● Write effective and scalable code in Ruby
● Review and debug junior developers code
● Test applications for performance, responsiveness and security
Do you fit in?
● Experience as a Ruby on Rails along with RSpec and Rails admin
● In-Depth understanding of object-oriented programming
● Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM and RESTful
● Hands on experience in Cryptography and Authentication of systems by various
mechanisms such as JWT, Oauth2, etc.
● Understanding of agile software development and familiarity with automated testing
● Good understanding of containerization using Docker and experience with orchestration
services such as AWS ECS
● Experience with working on AWS tools like EC2, S3, RDS, Elastic
Beanstalk, Route53, API gateway, Lambda etc
● Experience with SSO and building multi tenant systems.
● Proficient understanding of Git
● Familiarity with development aiding tools such as Rake, Bundler, Webpack, etc
● Familiarity with continuous deployment and creating pipelines on providers such as Gitlab CI
● Familiarity with payment gateways such as Razorpay, Stripe, Dwolla etc.
How would you make your mark if you knew you could influence beyond your current projects?
ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Our developers have been contributing code to major organizations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way. We passionately believe that software quality is driven by open communication, review and collaboration. That’s why we’re such vehement supporters of open source and have made significant contributions to open source tools for testing, continuous delivery (GoCD), continuous integration (CruiseControl), machine learning and healthcare.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
Lead Developers act as the primary point of contact for our clients, ensuring that teams are successful in their delivery. As a Lead Developer, you will bring a strategic mindset to projects and spend time negotiating with clients in order to bring a technical vision to life. Having a balance of high-level and tactical mindsets is a must, as you will spend time both with clients and alongside your fellow teammates.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will lead or take part in the entire cycle of software consulting and delivery from ideation to deployment and everything in between
- You will act as a mentor for less-experienced peers through both your technical knowledge and leadership skills
- You will design solutions and choose technologies that solve clients’ problems while staying within constraints
- You will use continuous delivery practices to improve software delivery speed
- Work in collaborative, product-focused teams to build innovative customer experiences
- Utilize the latest technology thinking from our tech radar in your work
- Apply a variety of languages to your work and continue to code alongside Developers; you will never go post-technical in this role
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have at least 12 years of experience in software development.
- You have led software development teams using Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches such as TDD, continuous integration, pairing, and infrastructure automation
- You have experience influencing others and always advocate for technical excellence while being open to change when needed
- The ability to develop and execute a technical vision with a focus on business value
- You’re willing and able to commit to travel to client sites in order to solve their business problems
- You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
- We would love it if you’re up to speed on functional programming paradigms and languages like Clojure, Scala, etc.
- Bonus points if you have knowledge of cloud technology such as AWS, Docker or Kubernetes
Opportunity for Unix Developer!!
We at Datametica are looking for talented Unix engineers who would get trained and will get the opportunity to work on Google Cloud Platform, DWH and Big Data.
Experience - 2 to 7 years
Job location - Pune
Strong experience in Unix with Shell Scripting development.
What opportunities do we offer?
-Selected candidates will be provided training opportunities in one or more of following: Google Cloud, AWS, DevOps Tools and Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Spark, Sqoop, Flume and Kafka
- You would get chance to be part of the enterprise-grade implementation of Cloud and Big Data systems
- You will play an active role in setting up the Modern data platform based on Cloud and Big Data
- You would be a part of teams with rich experience in various aspects of distributed systems and computing.
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Own code for the products with responsibilities including but not limited to designing, developing, testing, maintenance of products.
- Building RESTful services and do DevOps.
- Talking to customers and business teams to suggest improvement areas in product flows.
- Create peer learnings for team members and build context for new teammates
- Help with building the company's tech team and iterating on the hiring framework.
- Provide regular feedback to your team (peers and managers) to ensure continuous improvement.
- Keeping abreast with the latest technologies and working on your skills regularly.
Skills & Requirements
- Good knowledge and experience of working with backend systems; designing server-side architecture, including production maintenance experience are must-haves.
- At least 1-8 years of experience in any programming languages like Java, Ruby, PHP, Python, and Node.js(Node.js preferred).
- Understanding of micro-services-oriented architecture.
- Experience with Databases design (SQL, NoSQL) and analytics
- Experience in driving and delivering complex features/software modules from technical design to launch.
- Expertise with unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Have empathy for the users you build for
Good to have
- Experience in the fintech industry
- Experience leading design and implementation of robust and secure web services
We are hiring Ruby on Rails Engineer to develop high-quality software and support it throughout its lifecycle by your exceptional programming skills. Moreover, youwill work with a dedicated team to help us build amazing software products. So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment, have a passion for programming and qualify the following requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Experience preferably in software development as a Ruby on Rails Developer
- Experience of working with relational as well as NoSQL databases esp PostgreSQL
- Good to have experience in queue processing software, Rspec Sidekiq
- Good to have knowledge in cloud - AWS
- Ability to develop highly interactive as well as user-friendly applications
- Sound knowledge of object-oriented design and analysis
- A strong passion for writing simple, clean and efficient code
- An analytical mind in additionto a problem-solving attitude
- Ability to take quick decisions while working independently
- Writing clean, efficient and maintainable code
- Contributing to all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Designing robust, secure and scalable features
- Driving continuous integration of relevant new technologies and upgrades into design
- Following the best-established practices such as test-driven development, SCRUM, continuous integration, refactoring and code standards
Experience: 5+ Years, Work Locn : Chennai
• Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code in Ruby on Rails
• Contribute in all phases of the development life-cycle
• Design, build and own key technology decisions and implementations
• Be an evangelist for Rails and software engineering best practices
• Continually look for opportunities to improve our platform, process, and business
• Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies
• Work in an agile environment with quick iterations
What we are looking for?
• 2+ years of overall web development experience
• 2+ years experience in developing scalable and robust web applications using Ruby on Rails
• Experience with collaborative code development in small agile teams and managing releases (Git, Continuous Integration, Capistrano)
• Highly proficient in the data structure, algorithms, design patterns, and databases
• Ability to collaborate with other developers and handle the entire software development cycle
• Passion to write beautiful and scalable code
• A disciplined approach to development, documentation, and code structure
• Experience building internal and external APIs and RESTful web services
• Experience in delivering products and services in a high growth, startup environment