Are you passionate about using technology to make people's lives better? Are you interested in becoming a part of one of the hottest trends in the world of start-ups today? Are you excited about joining the online ultra-fast grocery delivery service business pioneer and driving the trend forward? Then this may be the right opportunity for you.
Role and Responsibilities
- Helping lead the software development lifecycle: technical design, implementation, testing, deployment, and support.
- Working with cross-functional teams effectively to enable business growth.
- Proactively identifying engineering bottlenecks and initiating proposals to improve them.
- Writing high-quality, well-tested code in alignment with industry-wide best practices.
- Applying a product mindset to back-end systems.
- About five years of experience delivering product-quality code in an agile set-up
- Experience with Node.js (Hapi, Restify, Express, Mongoose, Socket.IO, Mocha)
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience building and deploying Docker containers
- Strong general Linux experience
- Extensive experience with REST APIs
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Experience with MongoDB
- Expert knowledge of Redis and caching strategies
- Strong knowledge of unit/integration testing, including the art of mocking and writing testable code
- Passionate about technology and making an impact.
- A perpetual learner, who stretches their boundaries and enjoys new ideas.
- A doer who takes initiative and works well in a team.
Blok is a technology-first online ultra-fast grocery delivery service business, and we are on our way to revolutionize how millions of people across countries consume groceries. We believe in a world where getting everything you need, when you need it, sustainably, is the new normal. And it takes less than 10 minutes.
We believe we are positioned to lead this revolution. Why? Our founding and early team have held senior positions at Deliveroo, Uber, Glovo, Mercadona, or Unilever. We have done this before, and we believe we can do it again. But this time, even better.
Embark on the journey and help us launch the revolution in one of the highest growth industries of the year. Help us shape the new normal.
Role Description : Senior Java Developer
As a senior developer you will be responsible to manage the software development life cycle from planning to prioritizing to testing and release. Responsibilities includes gathering system and team product requirements, building java modules and testing features before release. Should have hands on experience developing software with agile methodologies and are ready to lead our junior developers.
Responsibilities • Contribute to all phases of development lifecycle. • Planning of API workflow. • Understanding the requirements all the teams involved and planning the development process. • Write well designed, testable, efficient code. • Prepare and produce releases of software components. • Support continuous improvements by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architecture review. • Designing, implementing, and maintaining java applications that are often high-volume and low latency. • Identify bottlenecks and bugs and advise solutions to these problems. • Develop highly scalable REST APIs to use in our applications. • Guide the team and help them in any complex situations.
Required Qualifications We are looking for individuals who are curious, excited about learning, and navigating through the uncertainties and complexities that are associated with a growing company. Some qualifications that we think would help you thrive in this role are: • Minimum 8+ Years in a Java programming. • Expert hands-on knowledge of latest technology, good exposure to web technologies and open to all technologies like Java, J2EE, Spring Boot, Microservices, Cloud computing, any DB. • Very good exposure to DevOps concepts and tools, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery. • Quick learner believes in continuous learning and acts as a catalyst for building the culture within the organization.
• Analytical thinking skills, problem solving with strong exposure to root causing tools and techniques and ability to come up with solutions in complex situations. • Familiar with various design and architectural patterns. • Bachelor/Masters of CS/IT Engineering, BCA/MCA, B Sc/M Sc in CS/IT
Preferred Qualifications • Deep insights of Java and J2EE internals such as memory management, transaction management, etc. • Skill for writing reusable Java libraries. • Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git. • Familiarity with build tools such as Ant, Maven, and Gradle. • Ability to work without guidance and under tight deadlines. • Result oriented and focused on meeting deliverable timelines. • Teamwork and willingness to listen to others. • Communicate effectively • Good knowledge of microservices. • Expertise in developing enterprise level web applications and RESTful APIs using Microservices with demonstrable production-scale experience. • Strong background working with Linux/Unix environments. • Working experience in industry standard protocols related API security. • Clear understanding of web services and SOA related standards like REST/OAuth/JSON.
Location: Bengaluru/Udupi (NO WORK FROM HOME OPTION)
Notice Period: Immediate Joining or Maximum 1 Month
As a Software engineer you will be able to challenge the idea of “impossible”, producing results that are elegant, simple and don’t require a team of experts to decode. You are driven by innovation, fresh ideas and new ways to produce high quality solutions.
We are looking for a Cloud developer responsible for the development and maintenance of cloud applications deployed in AWS environment. Your primary focus will be the development of such applications and their integration with other services. A commitment to open mind, problem solving, ability to learn, and creating quality products is essential.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of services
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Innovative thinking of finding solutions to needs
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, automatization and documentation
- Use Agile Scrum Methodology for software development
- Develop unit tests for all new code
- Provide code reviews for all new code and participate to code reviews of other people
- Diagnose and resolve complex level issues of application
- Participate in interactions with all levels of personnel with different teams
- Design and build services on top of AWS
- Strong knowledge of Python
- Strong knowledge of Web Services (Rest or SOAP APIs)
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Knowledge of Java and Spring Boot is good to have
- Knowledge of AWS is good to have
- Knowledge of TypeScript is good to have
- Knowledge of Linux is good to have
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS is good to have
- Knowledge of AWS CloudFormation is good to have
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch is good to have
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Any authorized Java, AWS, Linux, or Python certifications will be value added
- Min 2 years of work experience in relevant technologies
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gurgaon
We are looking for passionate Software Engineers to design, and develop software solutions. You will be responsible for developing and designing architecture, ensuring the responsiveness, and scaling of applications. You will be required to see a project from conception to final product, requiring good organizational skills and attention to detail. What you bring to the table is more than just your technical skills - your unique perspective, ideas and cultures will help us create better products and services.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Design and Develop well-functioning software architecture and database design
- Write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with responsive design
- Improving, adding new features, and maintaining existing software products
- Knowledge of Restful API
- Should have self-exploration capabilities and an analytical mindset to find solutions to complex problems.
- Good knowledge of basic data structures and algorithms
- Good Debugging skills
You, as a Java Engineer and member of this team, would be working on our new and existing projects for our credit, payments, business services, member engagement or financial crime areas. We have a five years roadmap ahead of us with exciting new features and we’ll need you to solve interesting problems. Your fellow team members will get you up to speed in your business area and will help you develop the skills so that eventually you are the one coaching other new joiners. Joining one of our expanding agile teams, you will be required to work closely with product owners, mobile engineers, and other business members to translate requirements into well-engineered solutions.
You will ideally join our backend Community of Practices, learn from them and eventually propose your own to maintain a high quality across the backend. Career progression is as important to you as it is for us. With our expanding teams and business we will encourage you to outgrow your initial responsibilities. This role offers an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference with responsibilities across engineering practices in a rapidly expanding company!
About the Tech
Technology and our people is what makes Tide possible. We work in autonomous teams where backend, iOS, Android, web, QA, DevOps, agile coaches, data experts and product owners solve difficult problems together to get the job done. We self-organise and discuss technical challenges and set our own guidelines in the different Community of Practices.
On the backend we see Java 8 as legacy and use Java 11+ for our micro-services. We provide RESTful APIs to our colleagues in the frontend, but also use gRPC for internal service-to-service communications. Spring Boot is our work horse, but we are open to new experiments. We are cloud-native and run everything on AWS. You’ll see containers (Docker), queues (SNS+SQS) and events everywhere. The nature of our business naturally fits with relational databases, but we have also found some use cases for NoSQL.
Our frontends have done an incredible job at consuming our APIs and providing the best UX to our members. They are fully native Android and iOS apps or Angular 2+ web apps. DevOps provides vital infrastructure and operations support.
We’re an international scale up, we’re busy! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- Good commercial experience building server-side applications and detailed knowledge of the relevant programming languages for your stack (i.e Java 8 or newer).
- Sound knowledge of a Java backend framework (e.g. Spring/Spring Boot).
- Exposure to microservices and implementing and consuming RESTful APIs.
- A mindset of delivering secure, well-tested and well-documented software.
- Experience with relational databases.
The highly desirables:
- Exposure to continuous integration, delivery and deployment.
- Some experience integrating to third parties.
- Comfortable working in agile methodologies, ideally Scrum.
- Exposure to common development tools such as IntelliJ, Git, Jira, etc.
Tide is the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest growing FinTechs in the UK. That’s not an unfounded boast - we have over 200,000 members (what we like to call our customers, over two percent market share, and have raised over £120m in funding.
SMEs have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in. With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for, winner of Best Use of Technology (Growth Finance Awards); Best Banking Provider (Contracting Awards); Innovative Product of the Year (Growth Finance Awards) and we’re listed in the Top 100 FinTech Disruptors and The Startups 100. And that’s just for 2019.
We are looking for a MERN stack developer with experience in designing and developing the design and development of
- NodeJS - 2+ years of experience with production-ready applications
- 2+ years of experience with 2 or more UI frameworks (React, Angular).
- React preferred a Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js libraries (such as Redux, jest, etc)
- Experience in testing libraries such as Jest, Enzyme, or Mocha.
- Experience in building Progressive Web Apps (PWA)
- Knowledge of Node server, Socket connections, and mechanisms to handle real-time async data
- Experience with Elasticsearch (Lucene queries).
- Experience with API Design
- Experience with DB Design (document and relational databases like Mysql, MongoDB, etc.)
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases, writing queries, etc.
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Understanding HTTP/HTTPS protocols
- Developing and maintaining all server-side network components.
- Ensuring optimal performance of the central database and responsiveness to front-end requests.
- Collaborating with front-end developers on the integration of elements.
- Designing customer-facing UI and back-end services for various business processes.
- Developing high-performance applications by writing testable, reusable, and efficient code.
- Implementing effective security protocols, data protection measures, and storage solutions.
- Running diagnostic tests, repairing defects, and providing technical support.
- Documenting Node.js processes, including database schemas, as well as preparing reports.
- Recommending and implementing improvements to processes and technologies.
- Keeping informed of advancements in the field of Node.js development.
Node.js Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information science, or similar.
- At least two years' experience as a Node.js developer.