TAPPP(https://tappp.com/" target="_blank">https://tappp.com/) is leading the charge in bringing premium digital entertainment content & live sports to global consumers via its prepaid platform.
We are available across platforms via the Web, Mobile, and Tablets. Building out this brand presents significant product and engineering challenges. At the center of solving those challenges is the TAPPP Product Engineering team which is responsible for the TAPPP product end to end.
The organization is flat, processes are minimal, individual responsibility is big, and there is an emphasis on keeping non-productive influences out of the everyday technical decision-making process. Upholding these philosophies will be imperative as we execute our aggressive plan of global expansion over the next 2 years.
Who are we looking for:
A coding enthusiast who loves writing elegant code and developing software systems.
As a senior java developer, you will be a part of the core product development team that is responsible for building high performant components of the TAPPP platform.
- You will be responsible for designing, coding, reviewing, testing, bug-fixing different modules of the software product that needs to work seamlessly across different environments.
- Write production-quality code in Java, J2EE, and Spring
- You will work in an agile team, working on the TAPPP revolutionary platform. You‘ll be using cutting-edge solutions (Spring Boot, Docker, Kafka, Redis, Continuous Delivery) for creating and maintaining high load distributed services that are part of our messaging platform.
Mandatory technical skills:
- Hands-on experience with
- Java 1.7+
- RDBMS (MySQL/PostgreSQL)
- JPA (Hibernate or any other ORM framework)
- Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Security
- Hands-on experience in writing extensible RESTful API's
- Hands-on in Java development (all facets of development) with a sound understanding of OOAD.
- Should have excellent debugging, code review, design review skills
- Should have a sound understanding of a Microservice based architecture
AWS (ECS, Cloudwatch)
- Strong independent contributor
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment
The position is based in Pune, India.
Tappp (www.tappp.com), the prepaid consumer market place of Singapore-based Swissclear Global is changing the way people consume premium digital content, by making it accessible without the need for credit cards.
Offering immediate access to a wide range of prepaid entertainment, gaming and recharge services, Tappp meets the digital consumption needs of a large segment of the world's population, who either do not own credit cards or are averse to making credit card transactions online.
Location: Remote friendly (Permanent)
- 2+ years of experience in Development in JAVA technology.
- Strong Java Basics
- SpringBoot or Spring MVC
- Hands-on experience on Relational Databases (SQL query or Hibernate) + Mongo (JSON parsing)
- Proficient in REST API development
- Messaging Queue (RabitMQ or Kafka)
- Any Caching Mechanism
- Good at problem-solving
Good to Have Skills:
- 4+ years of experience in using Java/J2EE tech stacks
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced internet start-up environment.
- Experience in technical mentorship/coaching is highly desirable.
- Understanding of AI/ML algorithms is a plus.
● Proven work experience as a Back-end developer.
● In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment).
● Proficient in Java, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
● Basic understanding of JVM, its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
● Ability to decide when to use relational vs NoSQL databases and must be experienced with at least one of
the relational databases (MySQL) as well as experience with ElasticSearch will be good to have
● Familiarity with concepts of MVC, JDBC, and RESTful
● Experience with Spring, Spring Boot, Spring MVC
● Experience in CI/CD and Cloud technologies
● Expertise in developing enterprise-level web applications and RESTful APIs using MicroServices, with
demonstrable production-scale experience
● Participation in coding competitions such as hackathon, hackerrank will be added advantage.
* Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
* Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
* Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
* Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
* Prepare the technical design of complex technology components
* Proficient in Java (JDK 1.7) or above JDK 8 preferable, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems with a knack for writing clean, readable Java code, writing reusable Java libraries along with knowledge of concurrency patterns in Java
* Solid understanding of object-oriented programming along with various design and architectural patterns
* Hands on experience with Spring, Spring Boot, JUnit
* Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Microservices, RESTful
Development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
Also responsible for integrating the front-end elements into the application.
Cloud computing integration with AWS and Azure
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Preferred back-end development experience with: Java, Spring MVC, Hibernate, MySQL, RESTful and SOAP APIs
- Mini projects done will be a big plus
- An understanding of the web application programming and how web apps work
- Passionate, adaptable, flexible, independent and self-motivated individuals who take initiative & ownership of projects are desired
- Ability to learn quickly & take on challenges
• Experience working with SQL databases, query optimisation and designing schemas
• High coding standards - understanding of test coverage best practices & test pyramid concept.
• Design, analyze, code, test, and deploy applications to satisfy business requirements for large, complex projects.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Develop ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Record data and report it to proper parties, such as clients or leadership.
- Participate in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
- Take the lead on projects, as needed.
- Be involved and participate in the overall application lifecycle.
- Build high-quality reusable code that can be used in the future.
- Develop functional and sustainable web applications with clean codes.
- Conduct UI tests and optimize performance.
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Programming or relevant field. Master’s Degree in a related field is preferred.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Must be an expert programmer, skilled at computer languages such as HTML, C+++, C#, PHP, Python and Java.
- Must understand Spring Core, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Data, JMS, Mysql, Redis, CouchDb, Micro Services, Docker, Kubernetes
- Must be able to interpret and follow instructions related to the ultimate functionality of our IT-based product
- Must be comfortable with technology architecture and how a computer and its software functions.
- Deadline driven, organized and understand how people view and understand content on the front-end
- Proven experience in highly complex environments
- Strong technical documentation skills
- An ability to solve multifaceted technical issues in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and accountable for your work
- Passionate about learning and continuous improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work overtime
Out of which, an experience of 1 to 2 years in Spring Boot and Microservices is mandatory
Need to have an experience working on Digital Domain or E-Commerce Domain or Travel Domain
Strong experience with Java 8, Spring and Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Data
Working experience on Microservices
Version Control: Git
Strong understanding of functional/reactive programing, OOP, design
Experience on Docker and Kubernetes.
SDLC: Working experience in Agile methodology
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Strong Interpersonal skills and Time Management skills
Immediate Joiners Preferred
Within maximum 30 days notice period can also apply
Currently remote working, however, post pandemic, candidates need to relocate to any of the location given above
- Strong Technical Chops: You should know how to build highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique rate-of-growth requirements.
- You should be on top of the latest architectural trends.
- Fast Learners: We are looking for folks who thrive on new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fit all solutions.
- You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- You understand requirements beyond the written word.
- Whether you're working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of customers, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience.
- Strong knowledge of MySQL, NoSQL, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch.
- Experience in Java and web technologies.
- Experience in any one scripting language like Python.
- Hands-on experience with systems that are asynchronous, RESTful and demand concurrency.
- Knowledge of best software engineering practices for all stages of software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, testing and deployment.