About the opportunity
What you’ll be doing:
- You will contribute to all aspects of an agile software development life-cycle including design, architecture, development, documentation, testing and operations.
- You will build cutting-edge scalable systems by writing simple and efficient code.
- You will push your design and architecture limits for new product development.
- You will collaborate with product managers, and other key stakeholders within the MMT family to successfully execute projects.
- You will ensure compliance with build/release and configuration management process.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- You possess good understanding of Agile Methodology, Object Oriented Programming Concepts and Responsive Designs.
- You have hands-on experience on Java/ J2EE stack and have done development across multiple browsers/platforms delivering mind-boggling results.
- You thrive in complexity and jump at the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues to delivery projects within tight deadlines.
- If you have work experience in a product/start-up company, we’ll like you even more.
Our Purpose and Challenges
With over 47% market-share, MakeMyTrip is India’s first and biggest travel company. In fact, one in every four passengers at an airport is our customer. Driven by the desire to provide an exceptional travel experience for our customers, we have continuously stayed ahead of the curve by developing technology and products to meet the ever-changing demands of the rapidly evolving travel ecosystem.
We are currently solving multiple challenging problems, including -
- How to bring the next 100 million users to our platform?
- How to leverage customer insights to create a truly personalised experience for users?
- How to create a delightful experience for our users, to make travel synonymous to MMT?
● You will be expected to design, develop and maintain large-scale complex backend web
● You will be expected to rapidly learn and apply relevant new technologies.
● You will be having a high level of interaction with business and product stakeholders.
● You will be working on the entire web application stack, which includes:
o Web server hosting
o RESTful communication
o Message brokering
o Backend application layer, which includes the service and domain layers
o Data layer for persistence or caching
● You will be participating in an agile software development cycle, which includes:
o Code Review
o Unit and Integration Testing
● As a Staff Engineer, you will be expected to contribute to design, code review, refactoring, and project management.
● You will be exposed to the following technologies:
o Web application frameworks: Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Java Play, Vert.x, AIOHTTP, AWS Lambda
o Data stores: PostgreSQL, Aerospike, Redis, Amazon Redshift
o Communication: HTTP, Amazon SQS, Sidekiq, Amazon SNS
o Server Management: Amazon ECS, Docker
You will be contributing to products concerning both customers and partner drivers.
Product sectors include:
1) Growth: You’ll build tools to help boost user growth on the platform including our industry-best driver onboarding, training and certification system, referral system, and lead management models.
2) Lifecycle Management: Build tools to help users engage with the platform better, which include rewards and recognition modules, subscription services account management tools, partner and customer wallets and payout modules, and churn detection systems among others.
3) Transaction Experience: You’ll help deliver the most delightful booking experience to our customers and drivers. As part of this team, you’ll be responsible for our core booking system, pricing and payment
systems, location tracking and filtering services, fraud prevention systems, and in-app ticketing and support among others.
4) Fulfilment: As part of the fulfillment team, you’ll work on systems that ensure a high degree of ride fulfillment on the platform. Tools include allocation methodologies and systems, dynamic pricing, dynamic partner routing, and partner re-activation tools among others.
5) Enterprise Solutions: You’ll help Porter’s enterprise customers achieve delivery excellence. You’ll build tools for contract management, fleet management, fleet and route optimization tools, alerting and monitoring tools, and analytics suite among others.
Software Engineer (Backend Developer)
About Falconbrick Technologies:
FalconBrick is a SAAS based Construction / Real-Estate Industry, Product & Deep Technology and most importantly, on-ground change management experience. We aim to be the de facto on-site construction management system in India and abroad. We have seen very quick growth, with large builders (across Bangalore, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Delhi-NCR & Hyderabad) already being our customers. Our larger team includes product and engineering experts who are building & strengthening the product on a daily basis, and customer success specialists, who are providing constant service to
our clients, again on a daily basis.
What you will be doing:
Design & Build a highly scalable, robust backend architecture for our cloud services
You will be part of a software development team for developing and enhancing SaaS applications.
Take responsibility of entire module/featureset and develop, test, debug and maintain the application software
throughout the product lifecycle
Working with the Product Management Team to validate and plan new features
Working with cross-functional teams to deliver stellar end user experience
Research new technologies and tools that help in building the next generation of our services
Test, debug and maintain the application software throughout the product lifecycle
What you need
Should be an enthusiast for writing clean, reusable codes, willing to learn new things as a self-starter person
2+ years of strong relevant experience in developing Object-oriented technologies.
Must have experience with web development in Java 8+, Spring, J2EE frameworks and technologies.
Deep Knowledge of DB experience with Postgres or MySQL or Oracle or MSSQL
Must have worked on REST API (Mandatory)
Experience in Kotlin Language
Preferred having knowledge Nodejs experience
Preferred having knowledge Working with Queue systems/Message Brokers RabbitMQ/Kaffka
Experience with NoSQL experience
What you will get
We know you're happiest when you are learning new things, so each new assignment will give you an opportunity to do things differently, explore new technologies and challenge the status quo!
This is an opportunity to be part of an energetic and growing FalconBrick Team and take part in the journey of building and scaling great products with cutting edge technologies.
We are flexible, Fun and Open to receive ideas from team
- Solving complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Building efficient, testable, and reusable Node JS modules
- Building high performance frontend applications with react
- Responsible for End-to-end ownership of modules, including designing, development, validation, deployment
- Understanding fully synchronous behavior of Nodejs
- Familiarity with Workers/child processes & performance tuning
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages (MySQL, and MongoDB)
- Strong knowledge of the common Node Js & React or web server exploits and their solutions
What you need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related technical discipline
- 1 to 3 years of Software Development experience
- Deep hands-on technical experience in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Experience with full software lifecycle methodology, including; coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to identify, empathize with and delight the customer
- Comfortable working with different Technologies across all of them as and when needed
- Strong knowledge on technologies/frameworks that we work on - Microservices Architecture, Python, Rest/gRPC, Node.js, MySQL, Postgres, AWS, ReactJS, React Native, Kubernetes.
Senior / Lead Backend Engineer
Location: Bangalore (Currently remote, Post pandemic you need to relocate)
- Working closely with a cohesive team to develop the backend architecture and build out product features at a rapid pace and scale them as needed.
- Build integrations to/fro other platforms such as crypto wallets, bank APIs and payment gateways etc.
- Make architectural decisions about the product by optimising delivery and technical debt.
- Follow the best engineering practices like testing, documentation, CI/CD, etc.
- A lot of experimentation and identifying solutions to unknown problems.
- Excellent problem solving and design skills.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with Microservices, Kafka, Kubernetes and Docker
- Solid API design and data modeling experience.
- Security first approach to system design.
- Experience with a AWS cloud services such as RDS, SQS, EKS etc
- Willingness to learn and challenge oneself.
**** Looking for someone from a Product development organization (Typically Fintech / Payment Domain) who can start at the earliest
Completely work from office.
3+ Yrs Senior Software Engineer - Java Developer
EMPLOYER: Terra Pay
Headquartered in The Netherlands, TerraPay believes that the smallest payment deserves a borderless journey as safe as the largest. The company has been building an ever-expanding payments highway that empowers businesses to create transparent customer experiences with an uninterrupted, secure, and real-time global passage for every payment, however small or large. Registered and regulated across 25 global markets, TerraPay is a leading global partner to banks, mobile wallets, money transfer operators, merchants, and financial institutions, creating a more expansive and inclusive international financial ecosystem.
With access to payments infrastructure that spans the globe, their partners become beacons of the promise of global financial inclusion.
- Seniority Level: Middle level
- Industry: Financial Services
- Employment Type: Full-Time (In-Office)
- Job Functions: Information Technology
- Job Location: Bengaluru
- Experience: 3-6 Years
WHAT WILL BE YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Participate in a full software development lifecycle and write code that is maintainable, clear, and concise.
- Coding, troubleshooting and Multi-threaded applications.
- Producing and refactoring code without assistance.
- Internal team coordination and integration of back end
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Spring MVC, Spring Boot , Spring JDBC, Tomcat, Hibernate
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Educational Qualification - B.Tech (Computer Science) /M.C.A
- 3-6 years of experience in working as software engineer - Java developer
- Thorough understanding of coding and testing
- Expertise with Java(J2EE)
- Good technical level fluency (spoken and written) in English
- Understands TDD/Performance/Security/Smoke testing.
- Should have knowledge on Junit,SOAPUI,JMeter, postman & other Unit Testing framework.
- Understands feature toggling and version control.miliarity with code versioning tools
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- An opportunity to be a part of a fast-scaling startup in the AdTech space that offers unmatched work opportunities.
- Join us and be certain that you grow up with a growing MNC
- You will work in an employee friendly ambience
- Pick up and drop facility at selected locations
We are looking for a passionate Backend developer with a focus on building maintainable and scalable systems. The developer will be responsible for the design and development of Jodo’s backend platforms. You will be closely working with Product Managers and Frontend developers to gather requirements and implement features. As a senior developer in the Team, you will be taking ownership of services/systems and be a mentor to other developers in the team.
● Own and drive the development of new features
● Lead design and development of the Jodo backend platform
● Troubleshoot production defects and performance issues
● Write reusable code/modules
● Optimize for speed of development/delivery
● Collaborate with frontend developers for integration
● Identify opportunities for automation
● Make cloud(AWS) infrastructure/services scalable and secure
● 5+ years of proven experience as a Backend developer
● Experience in working with distributed systems
● Proficient in building Microservices/RESTful APIs with any modern tech stack
● Working knowledge of relational and nonrelational databases
● Prior working knowledge of Python/Django is a big plus
● Familiarity with modern CI/CD tools
● Knowledge of AWS or any other Cloud Platform services
● Champion code quality and drive best practices
● Ability to analyze and convert business requirements into technical requirements
● Self-starter and ability to take the ownership
● Prior experience working in a startup environment is great to have
- Strong development experience in Core Java, J2EE, Spring Boot, Oracle SQL/PLSQL and App servers like WebLogic, JBOSS, Unix
- Good Knowledge of SOAP and REST API
- Should have knowledge in SOLID Principles & Design Patterns
- Experience with full-lifecycle development (i.e. design, coding, testing, debugging, etc.)
- Working experience to fix common vulnerabilities and security threat in SOA\Microservices applications
- Knowledge in OWASP Standards and Working knowledge in fixing security issues, data encryption and cryptography.
- Prior experience and knowledge of security tools like Fortify, Sonatype and webInspect is a plus
- Good to have knowledge and working experience in Angular JS
- Translate business requirements into detailed specs/designs
- Design thinking while arriving at solution
- Strong technical troubleshooting, diagnosing and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with distributed teams in a collaborative and productive manner
- Solving complex business and workflow issues with solid scalable technical solutions
- Must be a self-motivated, proven performer who enjoy challenging assignments in a high-energy, fast growing workplace
- Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and scope and priorities
- Good in communication, both written and verbal
- Should have Agile scrum experience.
- Team Player with very good attitude
- Attention to detail and focus on quality
- Knowledge in financial services domain is a plus
- Good to have knowledge on Static AppSec Testing (SAST) and Dynamic AppSec Testing (DAST)
Technical Skills: Java Technologies
Secondary Skills: Apache Kafka
- Proven experience in Java8, Spring Boot, Microservices/API
- Strong experience with Kafka, Kubernetes
- Strong experience in using RDBMS (Mysql) and NoSQL.
- Experience in working in Eclipse / Maven environments.
- Hands-on experience in Unix / Shell scripting.
- Hands-on experience in fine-tuning application response/performance testing.
- Experience in Web Services.
- Strong analysis & problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Proven ability to use own initiative to resolve issues
- Full ownership of projects/tasks
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure, on multiple concurrent tasks, and to deliver to agreed deadlines
- Eagerness to learn
- Strong team-working skills