• Solid technical / data-mining skills and ability to work with large volumes of data; extract
and manipulate large datasets using common tools such as Python and SQL other
programming/scripting languages to translate data into business decisions/results
• Be data-driven and outcome-focused
• Must have good business judgment with demonstrated ability to think creatively and
• Must be an intuitive, organized analytical thinker, with the ability to perform detailed
• Takes personal ownership; Self-starter; Ability to drive projects with minimal guidance
and focus on high impact work
• Learns continuously; Seeks out knowledge, ideas and feedback.
• Looks for opportunities to build owns skills, knowledge and expertise.
• Experience with big data and cloud computing viz. Spark, Hadoop (MapReduce, PIG,
• Experience in risk and credit score domains preferred
• Comfortable with ambiguity and frequent context-switching in a fast-paced
Kaleidofin is a neobank for the informal sector, which provides solutions tailored to the customer’s goals and are intuitive to use. We are working towards creating fair and transparent financial solutions that can target millions of customers and enterprises in India that don’t have easy access to formal financial planning. Our name “kaleidofin” is inspired by the power of financial solutions to enable beautiful possibilities of a future life for each customer.
We believe that everyone deserves and requires access to financial solutions that are intuitive and easy to use, flexible and personalised to real goals that can make financial progress and financial freedom possible for everyone.
We believe financial solutions can provide customers powerful tools that solve their real life goals and challenges. For too long, the financial services industry has been a manufacturer producing products and fitting customers to their products. At kaleidofin, we want to flip this around, keep the customer at the centre and provide mass tailored solutions that are best suited to meet the customer’s own goals/challenges.
The demand for financial services is, therefore, a demand derived from an underlying goal and aspiration of an individual. There is an urgent need to make financial services and solutions intuitive for customers and embed them in their everyday life.
kaleidofin will leverage the full India stack, existing networks, analytics, structuring and user-centred design to drive outcomes for customers, in the process, we will also help enrich the digital asset of each such customer.
Our approach is
- To combine distinct financial products (credit, investment, insurance, savings) to form a solution that actually both resonates with and works for the customer.
- To build customer profiling, underwriting, solution design and machine learning suitability algorithms to solve this gigantic customer problem.
- To leverage networks such as agents, cooperatives, self-help groups, temp agencies, MFIs to deliver suitable solutions at enormous scale.
In a very short time span, global investors such as Oiko Credit, Flourish, Omidyar Network and Blume Ventures have supported Kaleidofin’s well thought out business model with $8 million in seed and Series A funding.
The company won the Amazon AI Conclave award for Fintech, was one of only ten startups chosen for the Google LaunchPad Accelerator program in 2019, was recognized as India’s Most Innovative Wealth, Asset and Investment Management Service/Product by the Internet & Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) and was selected to present at United Nations General Assembly Special Task Force Event.
With its focus to harness mobile technology to deliver a paperless experience as well as its focus to harness technology and analytics to predict the right product for the right customer, Kaleidofin aims to become a leading FinTech player bringing financial solutions to everyone.
This role requires a person to support initiatives within a business charter & accompanying products by aligning with
AM vision, understanding tactical requirements, and executing ideas. A mostly individual contributor (IC) role with
guidance support and mentoring, ownership, and high growth opportunities.
- Explore, analyze, and visualize our unique data to provide insight to stakeholders
- Design reports and dashboards to monitor metrics and add value to business
- Identify pain points in existing processes and suggest improvements backed by data
- Use existing / build new frameworks to develop & maintain ETL processes
- Design A/B tests to validate hypotheses and help design better products
- Build models to support tech products, when required
- Overall - help us build an awesome product and provide amazing user experience
- Analytics : Python / R / SQL + Excel / PPT, Colab notebooks
- Database : PostgreSQL, Amazon Redshift, DynamoDB, Aerospike
- Warehouse : Amazon Redshift
- ETL : Lots of Python + custom-made
- Business Intelligence / Visualization : Metabase + Python/R libraries (location data) + Dash
- Deployment pipeline : Docker, Jenkins, AWS Lambda
- Collaboration : Git, Dropbox Paper
Purpose of Job:
Responsible to lead a team of analysts to build and deploy predictive models to infuse core
business functions with deep analytical insights. The Senior Data Scientist will also work
closely with the Kinara management team to investigate strategically important business questions.
Lead a team through the entire analytical and machine learning model life cycle:
Define the problem statement
Build and clean datasets
Exploratory data analysis
Apply ML algorithms and assess the performance
Code for deployment
Code testing and troubleshooting
Communicate Analysis to Stakeholders
Manage Data Analysts and Data Scientists
Education: MS/MTech/Btech graduates or equivalent with a focus on data science and
quantitative fields (CS, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics)
Work Experience: 5+ years in a professional role with 3+ years in ML/AI
Other Requirements: ⮚ Domain knowledge in Financial Services is a big plus
Skills & Competencies
⮚ Aptitude in Math and Stats
⮚ Proven experience in the use of Python, SQL, DevOps
⮚ Excellent in programming (Python), stats tools, and SQL
⮚ Working knowledge of tools and utilities - AWS, Git, Selenium, Postman,Prefect, Airflow, PySpark
⮚ Deep Curiosity and Humility
⮚ Strong communications verbal and written
What you will do:
- Understand the process of CaaStle business teams, KPIs, and pain points
- Build scalable data products, self-service tools, data cubes to analyze and present data associated with acquisition, retention, product performance, operations, client services, etc.
- Closely partner with data engineering, product, and business teams and participate in requirements capture, research design, data collection, dashboard generation, and translation of results into actionable insights that can add value for business stakeholders
- Leverage advanced analytics to drive key success metrics for business and revenue generation
- Operationalize, implement, and automate changes to drive data-driven decisions
- Attend and play an active role in answering questions from the executive and/or business teams through data mining and analysis
We would love for you to have:
- Education: Advanced degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Business Analytics or related field is required
- Experience: 2-4 years of professional experience
- Proficiency in data visualization/reporting tools (i.e. Tableau, Qlikview, etc.)
- Experience in A/B testing and measure performance of experiments
- Strong proficiency with SQL-based languages. Experience with large scale data analytics technologies (i.e., Hadoop and Spark)
- Strong analytical skills and business mindset with the ability to translate complex concepts and analysis into clear and concise takeaways to drive insights and strategies
- Excellent communication, social, and presentation skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Programming experience in Python, R, or other languages
- Knowledge of Data mining, statistical modeling approaches, and techniques
CaaStle is committed to equality of opportunity in employment. It has been and will continue to be the policy of CaaStle to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or physical or mental disability. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, such as those pertaining to training, transfer, promotion, compensation and recreational programs.
Role : Senior Customer Scientist
Experience : 6-8 Years
Location : Chennai (Hybrid)
Who are we?
A young, fast-growing AI and big data company, with an ambitious vision to simplify the world’s choices. Our clients are top-tier enterprises in the banking, e-commerce and travel spaces. They use our core AI-based choice engine maya.ai, to deliver personal digital experiences centered around taste. The maya.ai platform now touches over 125M customers globally. You’ll find Crayon Boxes in Chennai and Singapore. But you’ll find Crayons in every corner of the world. Especially where our client projects are – UAE, India, SE Asia and pretty soon the US.
Life in the Crayon Box is a little chaotic, largely dynamic and keeps us on our toes! Crayons are a diverse and passionate bunch. Challenges excite us. Our mission drives us. And good food, caffeine (for the most part) and youthful energy fuel us. Over the last year alone, Crayon has seen a growth rate of 3x, and we believe this is just the start.
We’re looking for young and young-at-heart professionals with a relentless drive to help Crayon double its growth. Leaders, doers, innovators, dreamers, implementers and eccentric visionaries, we have a place for you all.
Can you say “Yes, I have!” to the below?
- Experience with exploratory analysis, statistical analysis, and model development
- Knowledge of advanced analytics techniques, including Predictive Modelling (Logistic regression), segmentation, forecasting, data mining, and optimizations
- Knowledge of software packages such as SAS, R, Rapidminer for analytical modelling and data management.
- Strong experience in SQL/ Python/R working efficiently at scale with large data sets
- Experience in using Business Intelligence tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, Metabase for business applications
Can you say “Yes, I will!” to the below?
- Drive clarity and solve ambiguous, challenging business problems using data-driven approaches. Propose and own data analysis (including modelling, coding, analytics) to drive business insight and facilitate decisions.
- Develop creative solutions and build prototypes to business problems using algorithms based on machine learning, statistics, and optimisation, and work with engineering to deploy those algorithms and create impact in production.
- Perform time-series analyses, hypothesis testing, and causal analyses to statistically assess the relative impact and extract trends
- Coordinate individual teams to fulfil client requirements and manage deliverable
- Communicate and present complex concepts to business audiences
- Travel to client locations when necessary
Crayon is an equal opportunity employer. Employment is based on a person's merit and qualifications and professional competences. Crayon does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy or related.
More about Crayon: https://www.crayondata.com/
DATA SCIENTIST-MACHINE LEARNING
GormalOne LLP. Mumbai IN
GormalOne is a social impact Agri tech enterprise focused on farmer-centric projects. Our vision is to make farming highly profitable for the smallest farmer, thereby ensuring India's “Nutrition security”. Our mission is driven by the use of advanced technology. Our technology will be highly user-friendly, for the majority of farmers, who are digitally naive. We are looking for people, who are keen to use their skills to transform farmers' lives. You will join a highly energized and competent team that is working on advanced global technologies such as OCR, facial recognition, and AI-led disease prediction amongst others.
GormalOne is looking for a machine learning engineer to join. This collaborative yet dynamic, role is suited for candidates who enjoy the challenge of building, testing, and deploying end-to-end ML pipelines and incorporating ML Ops best practices across different technology stacks supporting a variety of use cases. We seek candidates who are curious not only about furthering their own knowledge of ML Ops best practices through hands-on experience but can simultaneously help uplift the knowledge of their colleagues.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Individual contributor
- Developing and maintaining an end-to-end data science project
- Deploying scalable applications on different platform
- Ability to analyze and enhance the efficiency of existing products
What are we looking for?
- 3 to 5 Years of experience as a Data Scientist
- Skilled in Data Analysis, EDA, Model Building, and Analysis.
- Basic coding skills in Python
- Decent knowledge of Statistics
- Creating pipelines for ETL and ML models.
- Experience in the operationalization of ML models
- Good exposure to Deep Learning, ANN, DNN, CNN, RNN, and LSTM.
- Hands-on experience in Keras, PyTorch or Tensorflow
- Tech/BE in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Certification in AI, ML, or Data Science is preferred.
- Master/Ph.D. in a relevant field is preferred.
- Exp in tools and packages like Tensorflow, MLFlow, Airflow
- Exp in object detection techniques like YOLO
- Exposure to cloud technologies
- Operationalization of ML models
- Good understanding and exposure to MLOps
Kindly note: Salary shall be commensurate with qualifications and experience
Senior Engineer – Artificial Intelligence / Computer Vision
(Business Unit – Autonomous Vehicles & Automotive - AVA)
We are seeking an exceptional, experienced senior engineer with deep expertise in Computer Vision, Neural Networks, 3D Scene Understanding and Sensor Data Processing. The expectation is to lead a growing team of engineers to help them build and deliver customized solutions for our clients. A solid engineering as well as team management background is a must.
About MulticoreWare Inc
MulticoreWare Inc is a software and solutions development company with top-notch talent and skill in a variety of micro-architectures, including multi-thread, multi-core, and heterogeneous hardware platforms. It works in sectors including High Performance Computing (HPC), Media & AI Analytics, Video Solutions, Autonomous Vehicle and Automotive software, all of which are rapidly expanding. The Autonomous Vehicles & Automotive business unit specializes in delivering optimized solutions for sophisticated sensor fusion intelligence and the design of algorithms & implementation of software to be deployed on a variety of automotive grade hardware platforms.
● Lead a team to solve the problems in a perception / autonomous-systems scope and turn ideas into code & products
● Drive all technical elements of development, such as project requirements definition, design, implementation, unit testing, integration, and software delivery
● Implementing cutting edge AI solutions on embedded platforms and optimizing them for performance. Hardware architecture aware algorithm design and development
● Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy of the business unit
Required Qualifications (Must Have)
● 3 - 7 years of experience with real world system building, including design, coding (C++/Python) and evaluation/testing (C++/Python)
● Solid experience in 2D / 3D Computer Vision algorithms, Machine Learning and Deep Learning fundamentals – Theory & Practice. Hands-on experience with Deep Learning frameworks like Caffe, TensorFlow or PyTorch
● Expert level knowledge in any of the courses related Signal Data Processing / Autonomous or Robotics software development (Perception, Localization, Prediction, Planning), multi-object tracking, sensor fusion algorithms and familiarity on Kalman filters, particle filters, clustering methods etc.
● Good project management and execution capabilities, as well as good communication and coordination ability
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related fields
Preferred Qualifications (Nice-to-Have)
● GPU architecture and CUDA programming experience, as well as knowledge of AI inference optimization using Quantization, Compression (or) Model Pruning
● Track record of research excellence with prior publication on top-tier conferences and journals
- Minimum 1 years of relevant experience, in PySpark (mandatory)
- Hands on experience in development, test, deploy, maintain and improving data integration pipeline in AWS cloud environment is added plus
- Ability to play lead role and independently manage 3-5 member of Pyspark development team
- EMR ,Python and PYspark mandate.
- Knowledge and awareness working with AWS Cloud technologies like Apache Spark, , Glue, Kafka, Kinesis, and Lambda in S3, Redshift, RDS
Turing enables U.S. companies to hire the world’s best remote software engineers. 100+ companies including those backed by Sequoia, Andreessen, Google Ventures, Benchmark, Founders Fund, Kleiner, Lightspeed, and Bessemer have hired Turing engineers. For more than 180,000 engineers across 140 countries, we are the preferred platform for finding remote U.S. software engineering roles. We offer a wide range of full-time remote opportunities for full-stack, backend, frontend, DevOps, mobile, and AI/ML engineers.
We are growing fast (our revenue 15x’d in the past 12 months and is accelerating), and we have raised $14M in seed funding (one of the largest in Silicon Valley) from:
- Facebook’s 1st CTO and Quora’s Co-Founder (Adam D’Angelo)
- Executives from Google, Facebook, Square, Amazon, and Twitter
- Foundation Capital (investors in Uber, Netflix, Chegg, Lending Club, etc.)
- Cyan Banister
- Founder of Upwork (Beerud Sheth)
We also raised a much larger round of funding in October 2020 that we will be publicly announcing over the coming month.
Some articles about Turing:
- TechCrunch: Turing raises $14M seed to help source, vet, place, and manage remote developers
- The Information: Six Startups Prospering During Coronavirus
- Cyan Banister: Turing Helps the World Level Up
- Jonathan Siddharth (Turing CEO): The Future of Work is Remote.
Turing is led by successful repeat founders Jonathan Siddharth and Vijay Krishnan, whose last A.I. company leveraged elite remote talent and had a successful acquisition. (Techcrunch story). Turing’s leadership team is composed of ex-Engineering and Sales leadership from Facebook, Google, Uber, and Capgemini.
About the role:
Software developers from all over the world have taken 200,000+ tests and interviews on Turing. Turing has also recommended thousands of developers to its customers and got customer feedback in terms of customer interview pass/fail data and data from the success of the collaboration with a U.S customer. This generates a massive proprietary dataset with a rich feature set comprising resume and test/interview features and labels in the form of actual customer feedback. Continuing rapid growth in our business creates an ever-increasing data advantage for us.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Scientist who can help solve a whole range of exciting and valuable machine learning problems at Turing. Turing collects a lot of valuable heterogeneous signals about software developers including their resume, GitHub profile and associated code and a lot of fine-grained signals from Turing’s own screening tests and interviews (that span various areas including Computer Science fundamentals, project ownership and collaboration, communication skills, proactivity and tech stack skills), their history of successful collaboration with different companies on Turing, etc.
A machine learning scientist at Turing will help create deep developer profiles that are a good representation of a developer’s strengths and weaknesses as it relates to their probability of getting successfully matched to one of Turing’s partner companies and having a fruitful long-term collaboration. The ML scientist will build models that are able to rank developers for different jobs based on their probability of success at the job.
You will also help make Turing’s tests more efficient by assessing their ability to predict the probability of a successful match of a developer with at least one company. The prior probability of a registered developer getting matched with a customer is about 1%. We want our tests to adaptively reduce perplexity as steeply as possible and move this probability estimate rapidly toward either 0% or 100%; maximize expected information-gain per unit time in other words.
As an ML Scientist on the team, you will have a unique opportunity to make an impact by advancing ML models and systems, as well as uncovering new opportunities to apply machine learning concepts to Turing product(s).
- Enhance our existing machine learning systems using your core coding skills and ML knowledge.
- Take end to end ownership of machine learning systems - from data pipelines, feature engineering, candidate extraction, model training, as well as integration into our production systems.
- Utilize state-of-the-art ML modeling techniques to predict user interactions and the direct impact on the company’s top-line metrics.
- Design features and builds large scale recommendation systems to improve targeting and engagement.
- Identify new opportunities to apply machine learning to different parts of our product(s) to drive value for our customers.
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or a relevant technical field (AI/ML preferred).
- Extensive experience building scalable machine learning systems and data-driven products working with cross-functional teams
- Expertise in machine learning fundamentals, applicable to search - Learning to Rank, Deep Learning, Tree-Based Models, Recommendation Systems, Relevance and Data mining, understanding of NLP approaches like W2V or Bert.
- 2+ years of experience applying machine learning methods in settings like recommender systems, search, user modeling, graph representation learning, natural language processing.
- Strong understanding of neural network/deep learning, feature engineering, feature selection, optimization algorithms. Proven ability to dig deep into practical problems and choose the right ML method to solve them.
- Strong programming skills in Python and fluency in data manipulation (SQL, Spark, Pandas) and machine learning (scikit-learn, XGBoost, Keras/Tensorflow) tools.
- Good understanding of mathematical foundations of machine learning algorithms.
- Ability to be available for meetings and communication during Turing's "coordination hours" (Mon - Fri: 8 am to 12 pm PST).
Other Nice-to-have Requirements:
- First author publications in ICML, ICLR, NeurIPS, KDD, SIGIR, and related conferences/journals.
- Strong performance in Kaggle competitions.
- 5+ years of industry experience or a Ph.D. with 3+ years of industry experience in applied machine learning in similar problems e.g. ranking, recommendation, ads, etc.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experienced in leading large-scale multi-engineering projects.
- Flexible, and a positive team player with outstanding interpersonal skills.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to analyze large amounts of raw information to find patterns that will help improve our company.
We will rely on you to build data products to extract valuable business insights.
In this role, you should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math and statistics.
Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data.
We also want to see a passion for machine-learning and research.
Your goal will be to help our company analyze trends to make better decisions.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Combine models through ensemble modeling
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst
- Experience in data mining
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
- Knowledge of SQL,Python,R,ggplot2, matplotlib, seaborn, Shiny, Dash; familiarity with Scala, Java or C++ is an asset
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data frameworks
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Strong math skills in statistics, algebra
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- BSc/BE in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field;
- graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred