Since 1988 Quicken has been the top personal management software for millions of consumers. We pioneered a radically easier and faster way for people to manage their household finances. Since then we’ve continued to focus on delighting customers and making the Quicken product and experience better than ever.
Job Title: Senior Data Engineer
Location: Bangalore, India
Department: Product Development
Quicken is the #1 personal finance management software with a 30-year heritage of helping millions of individuals and families stay on top of their finances. We are working on a strategy to deliver awesome personal finance experience to our customers across Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Web.
The successful candidate will join a fast-paced software development team building the next generation of Quicken Data Platform. The team uses the latest software development technology and tools.
If you are looking to be part of a high-performing team at the heart of a fun, energetic, and innovative company, come join the Quicken Team!
This is an opportunity to be a highly visible and key contributor on a small and passionate team delivering innovative data platform solutions across the company. You’ll help shape and deliver on an aggressive and innovative roadmap in areas key to Quicken’s continued success and growth.
- Senior Data Engineer role is a technical hands-on role. The responsibilities range from being at the vanguard of solving technical problems to venturing into unchartered areas of technologies to solve complex problems.
- Implement, or operate comprehensive data platform components to balance optimization of data access with batch loading and resource utilization factors, per customer requirements.
- Develop robust data platform components for sourcing, loading, transformation, and extracting data from various sources.
- Build metadata processes and frameworks.
- Create supporting documentation, such as metadata and diagrams of entity relationships, business processes, and process flow.
- Maintain standards, such as organization, structure, or nomenclature, for data platform elements, such as data architectures, pipelines, frameworks, models, tools, and databases.
- Implement business rules via scripts, middleware, or other technologies.
- Map data between source systems and data lake
- Ability to be independent and product high quality code on components related to the Data Platform. Should also possess Creativity, Responsibility, and Autonomy.
- Participate in the planning, design, and implementation of features, working with small teams that consist of engineers, product managers, and marketing.
- Demonstrate strong technical talent throughout the organization and engineer products that meet future scalability, performance, security, and quality goals while maintaining a cohesive user experience across different components and products.
- Adopt and share best practices of software development methodology and frameworks used in data platform.
- Passion for continuous learning, experimenting and applying cutting edge technology and software paradigms. Also responsible for fostering this culture across the team.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with data platform technologies and tools
- Extensive experience in Python
- Should be comfortable with using REST APIs
- Experience in at least 2 of the 3 stages of any big data pipeline - data
ingestion/acquisition, data processing/transformation and data visualization
- Experience in database user interface and query software - Structured query language (SQL)
- Experience in one or more structured DBMS along with data modelling – MySQL
- Nice to have working experience in big data processing frameworks like Spark
- Nice to have working knowledge on visualization tools like Tableau, Kibana, Amazon QuickSight
- Nice to have familiarity in AWS EMR, Kinesis, EC2, S3, AWS Glue
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams across different time zones
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written whether in-person or virtual
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other technical discipline, or equivalent experience
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- Amazing culture, strong believers in Autonomy/Mastery/Purpose
- Customer-driven, we make money by building the best products for our users. No confusion about how to win – build amazing products!
- Ability to work with and learn from some incredible talent
- Highly recognizable brand
About Quicken Inc
- 8 - 10 years of overall experience including 3+ years in mentoring & leading a high-performance team
- Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
- Have a strong understanding and appreciation for design first thinking and quality of user experience
- Be well-versed in sprint estimation, planning, tracking, change management and delivery, with prior experience of Agile-based development environments
- Knowledge of UI optimisations and performance.
- Deeper understanding of Chrome Dev Tools. Should understand the nuances of the timeline for perf monitoring.
- Deeper understanding of network layer, HTTP, HTTPS, cookies, local storage.
- Good communication skills, good visual design sense, in-depth experience in developing web-based applications.
- Strong technical aptitude and a good knowledge of CSS fundamentals
A fast-growing SaaS commerce company based in Bangalore with offices in Delhi, Mumbai, SF, Dubai, Singapore, and Dublin. We have three products in our portfolio: Plum, Empuls, and Compass. works with over 1000 global clients. We help our clients engage and motivate their employees, sales teams, channel partners, or consumers for better business results.
Education - B.Tech/MCA or equivalent.
Overall 10 to 12 years of experience.
Agnostic/Polyglot with multiple tech stacks.
Worked on open source technologies – NodeJS, ReactJS, MySQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, Columnar DBs
Backend exposure – good knowledge of building API using Node or Lambda or python.
Good understanding of ELK, Kafka, Redis and CDN.
Worked on serverless technologies and good understanding of CMS.
Efficient in building microservices in combining server & front-end.
Good understanding of AWS and its technologies.
Should be innovative and communicative in approach and should be hands on coding guru
Will be responsible for the functional/technical track of a product.
Experience with Scaling SAAS products and ability to design from scratch.
Ability to manage a small team of 5 -10 Developers/QA Engineers and guide them on the design and coding best practices
Design and develop SaaS-based applications based on microservices architecture.
Work on the core backend and ensure it meets the performance benchmarks.
Work on the front-end with ReactJS.
Designing and developing APIs for the front-end to consume.
Constantly improve the architecture of the application by clearing the technical backlog.
Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages).
Nagarro helps clients transform, adapt, and build new ways into the future through an entrepreneurial, agile, and caring mindset. We excel at digital product engineering and deliver on our promise of thinking breakthroughs. Today, we are 8,400+ experts across 25 countries, forming a Nation of Nagarrians, ready to help our customers succeed.
At Nagarro, you can look forward to a work culture that is dynamic and non-hierarchical. You will be given opportunities to add value to challenging and complex assignments, while collaborating with world class technologists. The versatile environment here, helps foster fresh perspectives and enables you to deliver high quality code. There will be ample opportunities provided for skill upgradation to accelerate your professional and personal development.
WHAT MAKES YOU A GOOD FIT FOR THIS ROLE:
- Experience in Relational Database: SQL Server/MySQL/Oracle, Cloud Platform: Amazon/Azure/Google Cloud
- Experience in Testing Frameworks (Web): MSTest/NUnit/Jasmine/Karma/Mocha, Repositories: Git/SVN/TFS, CI/CD Tools: Jenkins/Grunt/Gitlab/Azure DevOps, Container Ecosystem: Docker/Kubernetes/Anthos
- NoSQL DB: MongoDB/Cassandra/CouchDB/HBase/MarkLogic, Cloud Database: CosmosDB/ IBM DB2/SAP HANA/Amazon Aurora/DynamoDB
- Knowledge of high-quality professional software engineering practices for agile software development cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and deployment
- Fundamental knowledge of design patterns
- Experience in communicating effectively with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Passionate about building great solutions
- Mentoring the team members to meet the client's needs and holding them accountable for high standards of delivery
- Being able to understand and relate technology integration scenarios and be able to apply these learnings in complex troubleshooting scenarios
WHAT ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Writing and reviewing great quality code
- Understanding functional requirements thoroughly and analysing the client’s needs in the context of the project
- Envisioning the overall solution for defined functional and non-functional requirements, and being able to define technologies, patterns and frameworks to realize it
- Determining and implementing design methodologies and tool sets
- Enabling application development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities.
- Being able to lead/support UAT and production roll outs
- Creating, understanding and validating WBS and estimated effort for given module/task, and being able to justify it
- Addressing issues promptly, responding positively to setbacks and challenges with a mindset of continuous improvement
- Giving constructive feedback to the team members and setting clear expectations.
- Helping the team in troubleshooting and resolving of complex bugs
- Coming up with solutions to any issue that is raised during code/design review and being able to justify the decision taken
- Carrying out POCs to make sure that suggested design/technologies meet the requirements
- App Framework: .Net Framework/.Net Core
- Web Framework: ASP.Net/MVC
- Markups: HTML5/CSS
- CSS Framework: Bootstrap/Foundation/Bulma
- Frontend Framework: Angular 6 ( ) /React/VueJS
- API Framework: WebServices/WCF/WebAPI
- Relational Database: SQL Server/MySQL/Oracle
- Cloud Platform: Amazon/Azure/Google Cloud
- Testing Frameworks (Web): MSTest/NUnit/Jasmine/Karma/Mocha
- Repositories: Git/SVN/TFS
- Do you like the idea of playing Master Shifu for product development teams? Or, what organizations think of it as playing an Engineering Manager.
- Do you live by the mantra of “buck stops with me”. Seriously, we also don’t know who Buck is and we are also looking for him.
- Have you led a product team of 15+ members in the past to successful outcomes? Okay, we would love to talk even if you unfortunately ran into a failure.
- Do you speak both binary and Humanary? Python , dialect, to talk to geeks and the Humanary, English or Hindi dialect, to talk to Clients.
- Do you practice Agility? No, we don’t mean asanas from Baba Ramdev but things like Scrum or Kanban
- Do you practice Curiosity over Complacency? I..e are you a lean mean learning machine?
- Can you envision a solution architecture after hearing the product's vision and user stories? Do things like scalability, performability, flexibility, maintainability give you goosebumps of joy?
- Do you have an eye for good user experience?
Did you say Yes to all of them? My My! Love you! I’m sure your current team loves you too. But, if for whatever reason, you are looking for a new home then we would love to talk to you. We are a certified Great Place to Work, which means it’s a place where people love working with each other. And, you would too.
Send me an email, will ya?
Function: Software Engineering → Backend Development
We are looking for an extraordinary and dynamic Director of Engineering to be part of its Engineering team in Bangalore. You must have a good record of architecting scalable solutions, hiring and mentoring talented teams and working with product managers to build great products. You must be highly analytical and a good problem solver. You will be part of a highly energetic and innovative team that believes nothing is impossible with some creativity and hard work.
- Own the overall solution design and implementation for backend systems. This includes requirement analysis, scope discussion, design, architecture, implementation, delivery and resolving production issues related to engineering.
- Owner of the technology roadmap of our products from core back end engineering perspective.
- Ability to guide the team in debugging production issues and write best-of- the breed code.
- Drive engineering excellence (defects, productivity through automation, performance of products etc) through clearly defined metrics.
- Stay current with the latest tools, technology ideas and methodologies; share knowledge by clearly articulating results and ideas to key decision makers.
- Hiring, mentoring, and retaining a very talented team.
- 12 - 20 years of strong experience in product development.
- Strong experience in building data engineering (no SQL DBs, HDFS, Kafka, cassandra, Elasticsearch, Spark etc) intensive backend.
- Excellent track record of designing and delivering System architecture, implementation and deployment of successful solutions in a custome facing role
- Strong in problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to influence decision making through data and be metric driven.
- Strong understanding of non-functional requirements like security, test automation etc.
- Fluency in Java, Spring, Hibernate, J2EE, REST Services.
- Ability to hire, mentor and retain best-of-the-breed engineers.
- Exposure to Agile development methodologies.
- Ability to collaborate across teams and strong interpersonal skills.
- SAAS experience a plus.
Company is an award winning Agri-Tech startup that uses global leadership and expertise in the areas of agriculture and technology to transform the age-old practices of the dairy business to a modern and interesting way of doing the same by infusing technology into farmers’ lives. We are solving the burning problems of dairy farmers by extending the highly lacking technology support to the farmers. We plan to provide AI/Vet, E-commerce, and Fin-tech services to the farmers and simultaneously solve the last mile delivery problem using technology.
It is a purely tech-oriented company and is founded by alumni from IIT Roorkee and London School of Economics. The MoooFarm research team has developed and patented World’s first Cattle Facial Recognition, and is also working with Microsoft for cattle disease detection using udder image.
What will you be working on?
- Build and nurture high performing teams of skilled software engineers. Find and hire top talent for your team
- Take the accountability of the overall health of the products you build and predictability of the deliverables of your team
- Develop the long-term strategy for your systems, while aligning them to the goals of the organization and translate that into an achievable road map.
- Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments.
- 8+ years of industry experience in product based companies.
- Have engineering management experience in a high-growth B2C startup or medium-sized product-focused B2C tech company
- Demonstrated track-record of delivering well-engineered products with modern technologies.
- Experience in building and architecting products along with exposure to frontend development / Mobile / Web Apps development.
- Experience building full-stack applications with hands-on experience in the combination of programming languages: React JS, Node JS, Python, AWS, Java, microservices, etc.
- Strong expertise on one or more SQL/NO-SQL databases (MySQL, Mongo, Postgres, etc.)
- Exposure to multiple cutting edge open-source frameworks required to build microservices architecture (API Management and Testing, Messaging - Kafka, SQS, RabbitMQ, etc. Monitoring - NewRelic, ELK, etc. Container orchestration. ).
- Experience in building, deployment and maintaining high scale applications on public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Expertise in agile software development processes, continuous integration, test automation and tools like Confluence, Git, Jenkins, and Jira.
As a developer in the chatbot team you’ll be responsible for expanding the scope of AERIN (Aertrip’s Chatbot) to handle all types of travel queries in a scalable and efficient manner. You will need to make AERIN as robust as possible and strive towards 100% accuracy. You should be able to design, develop, test and roll out new features quickly. You should be ready to tackle open-ended problems and build solutions for them.
Preferred qualifications & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 1 or more years of work experience in the tech industry.
- Experience with NLP solutions.
- Experience with chatbot frameworks like RASA, DialogFlow is a bonus.
- Experience with spacy, nltk and other ML libraries.
- Familiarity with version control tools like Gitlab.
- Experience in object oriented design and programming.
- Sound programming skills to write algorithms for text analysis and context understanding.
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Should be able to write clean and manageable code.
- Passion for innovation.
- Out of the box thinking.
- Should be able to understand both the tech and business aspects of a system.
- Should be able to meet deadlines.
- Should be able to work in a collaborative environment.
- Should be able to work independently in small teams.
We are a team of software avengers, passionate engineers & thinkers designing the future of education. The company has its roots from IIT, IIM Alumni and various SMEs in education space. Here, we all work together with & for a single dream; ‘Education For Everyone, Everywhere.’
Dizvik is an EdTech product-based tech start-up working on exciting technologies & latest tech amendments. We use technology as an effective & efficient tool to create things that are impactful & make education easier. Artificial Intelligence, Augmented Reality, Robust Media Streaming are few of our core areas.
We are a crazy bunch of people having multiple personas always trying to keep things light-hearted! Our roots are not new, the company is nurtured by the well established group excelling since 2003. The founders of Dizvik Technologies own multiple companies & one of those is Dhyeya Educational Services Private Limited (Dhyeya IAS) having more than 20 offline Institutes/Centers in India.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing and developing highly scalable, reliable and fault-tolerant micro-services based applications for the company. Using Node Js, Python, MongoDB, PostgreSql, JWT, Cassandra, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Rabbitmq, Redis, Middlewares, CDN, Elasticsearch, this candidate will be able to translate user and business needs into functional and enterprise level product.
Salary Range: 10 LPA to 25 LPA
- Designing and developing highly scalable, reliable and fault-tolerant backend architectures & applications for the company.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams (Mobile, DevOps, Data, UX, QA, etc.) on planning and execution.
- Communicate, collaborate and lead the work & team effectively across distributed features
- Owning and working end-to-end on application – from system (server, deployment, configuration management) to back end (container, application, and database).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science.
- 3+ years of experience in backend technologies: Node Js, Python, MongoDB, PostgreSql, JWT, Cassandra, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Redis, Middlewares, CDN, Elasticsearch etc.
- Implementation of security and data protection.(CSRF/JWT/ORM and various middleware/DB security implementations).
- Strong problem-solving skills, algorithmic skills, and data structures experience.
- Ability to design and implement low latency RESTful services in Monolith & Microservice both the architectures.
- Data modelling experience in both Relational and NoSQL databases.
- Ability to understand and implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Experience in troubleshooting server performance memory issues, GC tuning, resource leaks, etc.
- Ability to scope, review and refine user stories for technical completeness and to alleviate dependency risks.
- Experience in versioning systems like GitHub, SVN, gitlab etc.
We’re transforming the way in which Indians Eat Meat!
Meatigo is the leader in the online gourmet meat and delicatessen grocery space and we are proud to be one of the most innovative companies in the food retail space. Since 2016, we’ve worked towards transforming the way Indians eat meat by offering fresher, safer, responsibly sourced, sustainable and more nutritious meat products.
Backed by a team of people, with over 35 years of experience in meat processing & meat products, Meatigo boasts of an unrivalled expertise in cold-chain management, sourcing, manpower training and quality control. We follow an end-to-end business based on the hub and spoke model that starts from procuring the fresh produce to processing, storage and delivery. We currently deliver orders within 120 minutes across 8 Cities (and counting!)
For more details, do check out www.meatigo.com
About The Role
At Meatigo, we're redefining the future of on-demand meat delivery. We're building a small team of incredibly talented programmers and developers to enable us to achieve our vision of connecting customers to better meat from Meatigo.
We are looking for a leader to launch and grow our Meatigo Tech Team.
You will be responsible for building the next version of the Meatigo Consumer Website, Consumer App, Internal Apps as well as integration into other platforms. As we gear up for the next level of growth at Meatigo, you'll lead star engineers, designers, and operators in a fastgrowing dynamic environment. This role will be based out of Gurgaon, but you will speak with customers. stakeholders and teams all across India to understand their unique needs. The role demands a mix of entrepreneurship, cross-functional collaboration, and well-honed product judgement.
Job Description: (Tech Lead)
This role is for a person to lead the development project for an ecommerce application. The person should have a total work experience of 10-12 years in the IT industry.
∙ Bachelor's / Master's Degree in the Computer Engg/Computer Science from reputed engineering college.
∙ Prince 2, PMP or other Project Management certification is preferable.
∙ AWS certified Developer - Associate or Sys Ops Administrator Associate is preferred.
Project Management experience:
∙ Managed at least 3 full cycle development projects with team size of 5 including himself successfully.
∙ Used Project Management tool Jira or Slack.
∙ Good knowledge of testing and Software quality.
∙ Hands on experience on container set up and cloud deployments.
∙ Understanding of business continuity and disaster recovery.
∙ A leader who inspires confidence and works as a team player.
∙ Hungry for learning.
Technology Skills and Experience
∙ Knowledge and use of CentOS and Tomcat.
∙ Knowledge and use of React.Js, Node.JS
∙ Knowledge and use of Bash, server side scripting
∙ Knowledge and use of Java Springboot
∙ Hands-on high level and detailed design knowledge and experience. ∙ Hands on development in Java using Java SDK
∙ Experience with a UI framework like Bootstrap/Material design etc. ∙ Experienced in developing componentized UIs.
∙ Working knowledge of HTML5/java script/CSS/Typescript is must. ∙ Working experience of NodeJs
∙ Developed web services APIs and consumption [REST/SOAP]. ∙ Good knowledge of the use of MVC/MVVM patterns
∙ Working with Caching layers like Redis.
∙ Knowledge and use of ERMs/ORMs preferable.
∙ Experience of reverse proxies like Nginx/HA Proxy etc.
∙ TDD & BDD, the use of tools like Karma/Mocha/Jasmine is required. ∙ Application performance and scalability enhancement.
∙ Knowledge of loosely coupled design.
∙ Security aspects in design and development of applications.
∙ At least 7 years’ experience with RDMS like MySQL Database, table design, normalization, and database performance.
∙ Able to write stored procedures and their debugging.(Optional)
∙ DB installation, maintenance and turning (the latter is optional)
∙ Hands on knowledge of AWS cloud based development, deployment and support.
∙ Hands on experience of using Docker containers on the AWS platform. Knowledge of Kubernetes.
∙ Hands on experience in Server Management and AWS instances.
Tools Knowledge and Skills
∙ Used Gitlab
∙ Used Selenium or UFT/Silk or other testing tool.
∙ Used Jira, Slack or Trello
∙ Used Nagios (optional)
∙ INR 20-30 Lakhs inclusive of all allowances.
∙ Gurgaon, Haryana
∙ Preferably by 15 June 2021 but latest by 01 July 2021