Lead Software Engineer - Backend
It is evolving the way people discover the world by connecting them with exceptional experiences in their city at the push of a button. We are building a magical platform that gets everyone to head out and have fun in a matter of seconds; no matter where you are and what you want to do. We are combining a delightful product experience, data-driven decisions, sophisticated supply side logistics network, and world-class operations to solve a huge basic human problem: how do we have a good time?
We’re growing rapidly with over $200M in annualized sales, 150,000 monthly transactions and profitable unit economics. We are backed by some of the finest investors in Silicon Valley & India.
We like to solve real-world problems in the simplest, most elegant manner possible. We’re looking for a QA Lead with the ability and passion for building solutions to people-centered problems that are created at the intersection of human behavior and technology. You should also be capable of building and mentoring a fast-growing passionate, young, and talented team. We love folks who have a sense of humor and know how to have fun.Dream, build and iterate. That's our mantra. Because good just isn't good enough.
👩💻 The Role
- Full responsibility of designing and building core modules on the application and infrastructure layer.
- Lead a fast-growing team of young, passionate, talented and fun loving superstars.
- Solve challenging architectural and design problems.
- Get your hands dirty with clustering, replication, databases, build systems and infrastructure automation etc.
- Be responsible for building concurrent, performant and scalable services which will power the entire Headout ecosystem.
- Build and contribute to open-source libraries and components.
🌟 Our Dream Engineer
- A penchant for learning and building with new technologies and frameworks.
- You love working with people and have worked in a lead position in the past.
- A knack for writing the most performance optimized code along with it being modular and scalable.
- No challenge is too big to solve; love thinking product and excited to ideate & build stuff all by yourself.
- You're interested in being an early employee at a growing company, with the influence and responsibility that entails.
- You have broad and deep knowledge across a variety of contemporary technologies.
💝 We like
- Strong CS fundamentals, good working knowledge of classic algorithms and data structures.
- 2+years experience developing server-side technologies using any language or framework.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and people management skills.
- Experience working with Spring, Relational Databases, Concurrent Programming, NoSQL flavors, AWS.
- Experience designing scalable, fault-tolerant systems and databases.
- Experience with setting setting up systems and infrastructure.
- Solid understanding of how the web works and its underlying communication protocols.
- People who can't live without solving that algorithm problem that they just stumbled upon.
- People who will give up anything to squeeze in that last bit-level performance.
- Anything else than can surprise us.
- Nice to Haves: An interest in travel, local experiences & hospitality.
1 Good command in either Python(django) or Python (flask)
2 Has worked on large scale
3 Experience in building REST APIs
4 Proficiency with databases such as MySQL, Oracle and MongoDB
5 knowledge of Kubernetes, docker and deployment
Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) is a hybrid data platform designed for unmatched freedom to choose—any cloud, any analytics, any data. CDP delivers faster and easier data management and data analytics for
data anywhere, with optimal performance, scalability, and security. With CDP you get the value of CDP Private Cloud and CDP Public Cloud for faster time to value and increased IT control.
Website- https://www.cloudera.com/" target="_blank">https://www.cloudera.com/
About our company
Freestone Infotech is a global IT solutions company providing innovative best-in-class turnkey solutions to
enterprises worldwide and is a partner to Privacera in Mumbai.
Website- http://freestoneinfotech.com/" target="_blank">http://freestoneinfotech.com/
• Design, code, and implement backend services and script-based tools.
• Work iteratively in an agile development environment.
• Collaborate with Platform and UI Engineers, and Quality Engineers.
• Debug issues at the customer deployments, root cause analysis, and resolve failures
● Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
● Java and/or GoLang
● Shell scripting
● Kubernetes and Helm
● Containerization for example Docker
● AWS cloud platform
● Microservices development and technologies (gRPC, Thrift etc.)
Other Relevant Skills (Bonus):
● AWS Cloud networking knowledge
● Java Spring
● Cadence Workflow
● DB Technologies (Postgres, DynamoDB)
Your day-to-day will involve writing, testing, and debugging the code that powers our publisher-facing products. You will have an opportunity to innovate and bring your own ideas to bear on customer problems and will have a meaningful input on the solutions that we bring to market.
You will be working in a broadly agile process, but will have the opportunity to shape the processes and structure as the company grows. Additionally you will have a large degree of freedom in selecting the appropriate tools and approaches you use to solve customer problems, but with the support of experienced developers when needed.
You should be focused, eager to learn and explore new things, and work well in a team. You should be comfortable with abstract reasoning and communicating complex ideas clearly.
You should have an interest in code quality and know how to use best practices to produce high quality software.
Ideally you will have had some exposure to adtech or marketing in general. Any direct experience with header bidding technologies or Google DFP/GAM would be a big plus.
Strong problem solving skills.
Broad experience with web development technologies
Experience using git source control and front end build tools like webpack.
- HTML3 / CSS3
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors such as SASS, Stylus, Less, etc.
- Working Experience with responsive web design.
- Working experience with git, docker, npm / yarn.
- Familiarity with Unit Testing frameworks such as Chai, Mocha/Jasmine or Jest/Enzyme.
- Experience with big data processing
- ML modelling
- 8+ years experience in web application development and architecture.
- ·Extensive experience using open source software libraries
- Strong experience in at least one MVC architecture or application of the pattern
- Solid hands on experience with Java
- Strong experience with SQL ( Oracle, MySQL, Postgres)
- Strong experience in Data Structures & Algorithms
- ·Must have built end to end continuous integration and deployment infrastructure for micro services
- Strong commitment to good engineering discipline and process including code reviews and delivering unit tests in conjunction with feature delivery
- Must possess excellent communication and teamwork skills. Strong presentation and facilitation skills are required.
- Self-starter that is results focused with the ability to work independently and in teams.
GOOD TO HAVE:
- Prior experience building modular, common and scalable services
- Experience using chef, puppet or other deployment automation tools
- Experience working within a distributed engineering team including offshore
- Bonus points if you have contributed to an open source project
- Familiarity and experience with agile (scrum) development process
- Proven track record of identifying and championing new technologies that enhance the end-user experience, software quality, and developer productivity
- Design and develop large-scale business application using Java, Spring boot, Microservices Architecture
- Design and develop software application code by analyzing requirements and specification using Java and J2EE
- Creating webservices (SOAP/RESTful) and consuming webservices
- Strong fundamentals OOPS concepts, Exception Handling, Coding Standards
- Experience in MySQL/MSSQL/Oracle
- Experience in SDLC methodologies Agile / waterfall
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Basic working knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Must possess strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent team player with strong verbal & written communication skills.
Job Description for Python Backend Developer
2 + years expertise in Python 3.7, Django 2 (or Django 3).
Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries.
Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system.
Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic in Django (RESTful APIs).
Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
Strong unit test and debugging skills.
Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
The desirables optionals
Django Channels, Web Sockets, Asyncio.
Experience working with AWS or similar Cloud services.
Experience in containerization technologies such as Docker.
Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application (caching, Redis)
Role: Software Developer
Industry Type: IT-Software, Software Services
Employment Type Full Time
Role Category Programming & Design
Qualification: Any Graduate in Any Specialization
Key Skills – Python 3.7 Django 2.0 onwards , REST APIs , ORM, Front End for interfacing only ( curl, Postman, Angular for testing), Docker (optional), database (PostgreSQL), Github
- Experience in Web and Mobile Applications.
- Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and scope and priorities
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it (SailsJS, Express)
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds.Familiarity with front-end technologies.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Interaction with multiple data sources.
- Good understanding of SQL syntax.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Knowledge in the field of IOT is good to have.
- Experience in PHP & MySQLi, various open source frameworks,
- Strong Knowledge in Frameworks like Laravel
- Strong skills of APIs Creation & integration
- Knowledge of Cloud Servers like AWS, Digital ocean
- Know how to Secure the PHP Scripts from attacks or injections,
- Strong experience with REST/SOAP web services, JSON, XML and design patterns.
- Good knowledge of Data Structures and Advance DS
- Proficient in test-driven development, latency problem solving, architecture solving and high-level troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of Database and SQL queries.
- Highly proficient in analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to details.
- Demonstrated Agile (Scrum) experience.
- Experience with full software lifecycle and deploying applications to Production.
- Must be a self-starter/self-directed member of the team.
- Must have the ability to translated user requirements into design and implementation.
- Highly proficient in written and communication skills.
SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Build reusable APIs for our client-facing apps in Node.js
Create and maintain scalable infrastructure leveraging modern cloud platforms Write tests and documentation as you implement features with your team Maintain expertise in current and emerging technologies and tools
THE PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR
4+ years’ Experience with NodeJS
BS degree or higher in Computer Science or Engineering Experience documenting and testing RESTful APIs
Experience working with databases in PostgreSQL, MongoDB or Redis
Experience and enthusiasm for working collaboratively with others in an Agile environment