Sr Android Developer - Job Description About The Role CapitalNow is seeking an Android Developer with notable experience in Java and Kotlin development. The technical team is responsible for developing the supported mobile application and web app for customers and a control panel for the marketing team involved in CapitalNow. You will be responsible for delivering best in a class mobile experience, engineering-complex, secure & high-quality native Android mobile apps for our product.
Responsibilities ● Collaborate efficiently across cross-functional teams such as product managers, UX-/UI-designers, and other software engineers ● Design, build and maintain high-performance reusable, and reliable code ● Continually improve and innovate software development, deployment and testing to ensure high-quality, on-time releases. Conduct and participate in code-reviews ● Provide UAT support & needed assistance for release management activities ● Serve as a leader for team members to learn from regarding mobile technologies, development, and delivery processes
Essential Qualifications ● At least 5 years of experience in Android Kotlin/Java development ● Excellent understanding of Objective Oriented design patterns, Android fundamentals, and Android SDK (versions 5.0 and up) ○ Experience with offline persistence, threading, memory management, and performance tuning ○ Data structure optimizations, security, IPC, App Modularization ○ 3+yrs of Experience in integrating third-party SDKs like Facebook, Gmail/Google, and Payment gateways like CCAvenue, PayU, Razorpay, etc ○ Including Android Architecture Components, Navigation Framework, Android Jetpack, Android NDK, View components, JSON, and more ● Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services ● Published at least two original Android apps ● Knowledge of Google Playstore Policies and experience in handling all types of permissions in Playstore ● Strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills Desired Qualifications ● Having experience working in the Financial Services domain (good if it's in capital markets) is an added advantage ● Familiarity with Unit Testing ● Hands-on experience as a Senior Android developer is a plus ● Having experience in writing complex queries using MySQL is an added advantage ● Immediate joiner is most preferable
About CAPITAL NOW
iOS is one of the world’s leading mobile platforms, which makes Aertrip’s iOS app supremely important. Millions of users worldwide shall access Aertrip via the iOS app. You will have the opportunity to build one of the most amazingly designed apps in the world. The app shall be a benchmark - not just in the field of travel but for app developers worldwide across categories. So far, we've built a reasonably-sized, high-powered team and are always striving to be the best place to work we can be.
Our Tech Deck :
Backend & Servers
Your Part :
You would be responsible for the complete development and continuous improvement of our iOS app.
Preferred Qualification & Experience :
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience/knowledge
5+ years of software engineering
3+ years of IOS platform experience, with strong background in algorithms.
Proficient with Swift, Objective-C, and Cocoa Touch
Experience with iOS frameworks such as X Code, Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
Knowledge of third party SDK integrations.
Hands-on technical experience with scalable Architecture.
Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
Experience with performance and memory tuning
Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
Preferred Skills & Abilities :
As a Developer:
Write clean, manageable code and maintain proper documentation
Capable of designing large applications with stabllity and performance
Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies and frameworks to maximise development efficiency
Excellent command over Data Structures and Algorithms
Familiarity with continuous integration
Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Knack for benchmarking and optimization
Passion for quality and innovation
An eye for detail
As a team player
Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
Ability to manage and drive small teams
Ability to work independently in small teams
Estimate timelines and deliver as per schedule
Responsible and capable of meeting tight deadlines
Thrive in a variable and demanding startup environment
Collaborate with multiple disciplines like product, engineering, marketing, research and support, and enjoy working in a collaborative environment
Understand technical and business needs and fulfil them
You need to take the challenges and ownership that comes while developing a complex system. You should also
be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility.
Some of the key responsibilities includes:
• Build pixel-perfect, buttery smooth UIs across both mobile platforms.
• Work as a part of a small team that includes other react native developers and managers.
• Build app and UI components from prototypes and wireframes.
• Work with native modules as and when required.
• Use Native APIs for tight integrations with both platforms – Android and iOS
• Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
• Improve front-end performance by eliminating performance bottlenecks
• Create front-end modules with maximum code reusability and efficiency
• Implement clean, smooth animations to provide an excellent user interface
• Work with third-party dependencies and APIs
• Work with Redux architecture to improve performance of the websites/mobile apps
• Coordinate with the cross-functional teams to build apps in stipulated time/budget.
• Transition existing React web apps to React Native.
What You’ll Need:
• Significant experience working with React web and mobile along with tools like Flux, Flow, Redux, etc.
• Strong knowledge of React fundamentals such as Virtual DOM, component lifecycle, and component state.
• A complete understanding of the full mobile app development lifecycle right from prototyping.
• Knowledge of type checking, unit testing, typescript, prop types, and code debugging.
• Experience working with REST APIs, document request models, offline storage, and third-party libraries
• Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial
• Knowledge of user interface design and responsive designs.
• Well-versed in a variety of React Native software and technologies such as Jest, Enzyme, ESLint, and so on.
• Ability to solve problems with out of the box thought process.
• Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
• Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
• Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
Why Join Us:
• We are a Fun bunch to be with..!
• People First Culture
• People Friendly Guidelines
• No Queue Leaves
• Equal Opportunity Organization
• Better Half Program
• Buddy Referral Program
• Health & Wellness Programs
• Comprehensive Medical Insurance for dependents including parents
• Tax Saving Structure
• Sports Clubs & Fun Committees
• Office Libraries
• Snack Pantries
... and much more fun to be part of
Slack for Construction Industry
It helps construction project owners and contractors track on-site progress in real-time
to finish projects on time and in budget. We aim to bring the speed of software development to infrastructure development.
Founded by IIT Roorkee alumni and backed by industry experts, we are on a mission to help the second largest industry in India-Construction make a transition from pen and paper to digital.As a productivity app startup, we value productivity and ownership most. That helps raise our own bar and the bar of people we hire.We follow agile and scrum approaches for product development and use best-of-class tools and practices. Measuring our progress on a weekly basis and iterating fast enables us to build
breakthrough modules and features rapidly.
● Improve app architecture to make the product more modular, scalable
● Setup best practices and metrics for app performance
● Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code
● Building reusable and responsive components and maintaining modularity for future use
● Optimizing components to avoid memory leaks and improve rendering time
● Ensuring availability across with range of iOS versions
● Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
● Knowledge about delegates, protocols, notifications, and application life cycle.
● Language - Swift, Platform - Xcode
● MVVM and Coordinator design pattern
● Knowledge of RxSwift
● Familiarity with Moya, Almofire, and RESTful APIs
● UIKit and Storyboard
● Know-how of Unit testing and xc-test
●Experience working with background activities and offline mode apps is a big plus
● Familiarity with ContactsUI, SnapKit, Push Notification Service, etc third party
framework/SDK is a plus
● Version control, CI/CD, and writing clean code
Roles and Responsibilities
- You will be building and shipping robust apps to Android/ iOS devices using a single codebase.
- You will be writing readable and clear code using Dart that will be extensively documented for future use and upgrades.
- You will be sharing feedback and brainstorming ideas with teams to improve the development process.
- Understand basic concepts of design for developing user friendly applications.
- Stay up to date with the latest technologies.
What we are building?
Businesses need to manage a lot of user infrastructure like authentication, identity verification, user management, security and fraud prevention. Developing these solutions in-house can increase the go to market time, deviation from solving key problem, security lapses and frictional user journeys and lead to business losses. To cater these requirements of an expanding business we provide an one stop solution.
Our mission is to remove technical barriers for the companies when it comes to user infrastructure and create seamless structure for integration with our platform that handles security and provides simple and secure access to digital assets.
Sign3 is looking for an Android Developer.
What you will do?
- Own Android SDKs, working hand-in-hand with the founding team
- Design and build delightful user interfaces for native apps on Android
- You will be (co-) responsible for our software development kit (SDK) for Android
- Building mobile apps in both Swift and Kotlin.
- You work independently on your own code, but you also spend time collaborating with others.
- You are involved in all stages of app development and contribute to the roadmap.
- You get the freedom to experiment with new Android technology.
- Ownership — advocate for projects and solutions that need to be launched ground up.
- Min 2 to 4 years in developing Android applications in Java / Kotlin / C++ /
- Worked on SDKs/Frameworks.
- Strong understanding of software design patterns as well as Android specifics.
- Experience with authenticated sessions using authentication tokens and have at-least
- fundamental knowledge of app security.
- Good to have:-
- Experience with Cross-platform frameworks is a plus (React Native, Flutter, Cordova,
- Have implemented security standards and guides.
- Experience building applications at scale.
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs like Mobile Vision, MLKit and/or
- Camera API.
- Good understanding of garbage collection, design patterns and continuously
- discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximise development
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general
- Develop new mobile applications for enterprise as well as for end consumers
- Translate User Stories into UI Design and Wireframe for Mobile Apps (Android and IOS)
- Translate UI/UX designs into high-quality code
- Architect and develop mobile applications from the scratch
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable codebase
- Work with the Tech Lead and engineers to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs
- 2-5 years of experience in building Android apps and has published one or more Android apps in the Google Play Store Fluent in Flutter, Kotlin, and Android Studio
- Competent in producing scalable and high-quality code through automated functional and unit tests for Android applications
- Deep understanding of standard Android design patterns and RESTful API design
- Deep understanding of Google's design principles and interface guidelines
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Delivery systems (i.e. Jenkins) and setups Experience in Git
- Familiar with Agile practices such as Extreme Programming, Scrum, or Kanban
- Experience in Developing Offline First Mobile App
1. Understanding the scope of work
2. Working with the design, programming & testing team on project estimates & timelines
3. Coordinate with team to build assets to be used within the mobile application
4. Build Application static flows using React Native with Redux
5. Integrate JSON web services
6. Working with the tester to fix bugs reported by the testers
7. Building and deploying the application to the app store
1. Understanding of the Mobile Application Development lifecycle
2. Hands-on experience with React Native
3. Experience with Redux or Flux or MobX
5. Understanding of Flexbox
7. Understanding of iOS/Android module integration
8. Deploying iOS and Android apps on Apple Appstore and Android Play Store.
9. Ability to work in an Agile environment
We are seeking extremely smart Android developers who are passionate about pushing mobile technologies to the limits.
- Design and develop products by working closely with business teams.
- Design super intuitive experiences in the next generation of our mobile applications.
- Build performant, scalable, yet secure, enterprise-ready android applications with architecture that is fast yet lean on the backend servers enabling them to support millions of users in parallel.
- Build enterprise-ready back end architectures that can support millions of users in parallel.
- Gain experience with hands-on coding and independent ownership of software components.
- Follow strong engineering best practices and champion their adoption.
- 2+ years’ experience in android software development and delivery.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering from a reputed institute(preferably IITs, NITs, or other top engineering institutes).
- Strong grasp of CS fundamentals, algorithms and excellent problem-solving abilities.
- All experience should be from good product development or e-commerce background.
- Must have shown good stability in all your previous associations.
- Knowledge of UI architectural patterns like MVVM(preferable), MVC, MVP, data binding, activity & fragment lifecycle, recycler view, navigation component, layouts (constraint layout preferable), theming etc.
- Should have actively used retrofit, work managers, android jetpack, Rx java, dagger, retrofit, android sdk, GIT/bitbucket, gradle/ant and very keen on exploring other proven tech stacks.
- Comfortable with test-driven development in android with UI testing, instrumented unit testing and unit testing using junits, mockito or other tools.
- Willingness to learn and write simple backend REST API’s (preferably in Java, spring boot & hibernate) without having to completely depend on backend engineers for delivery.
- Has worked in a fast-paced agile organization building stateless and re-entrant/resumable android applications.
What You Need for this Position:
B.tech/BE/MS/MCA/BCA Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
3+ years of experience using Swift to develop and deliver production applications for iOS
Strong understanding of the fundamentals of native development patterns
Experience with ios app testing and security, including writing unit tests, test automation, and working closely with quality assurance teams
Experience with dependency management tools such as Cocoapods, SPM, and Carthage
Debugging experience with stack traces, spin traces, performance & concurrency/threading issues
Successful launch of consumer-grade applications to the Apple App Store
Experience with Git VCS and best practices for source code management
Proven experience with crafting and integrating client-side REST APIs
Familiarity with CI/CD Pipelines (Jenkins, FastLane and others)
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Self-motivated, and outstanding analytical skills
What You Will Be Doing:
To design and build advanced applications for the iOS platform.
To collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
To generate wireframes.
To design, develop, test and implement an iOS application along with continuous production of new versions of the application.
To design solutions independently.
Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability and general reliability.
Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
Operates effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, collaborative and iterative programming environment.
Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
Pleasant in communication
Very good in interdepartmental coordination
Innovative and out of box thinking
Self-motivated and creative problem-solving skills
Believe in relationship
Top Reasons to Work with Us:
We're a small, fast-paced growing team tackling huge new challenges every day
Learning new concepts while working with an intellectual and exceptionally talented team
Friendly and high growth work environment