Functional: Manual Functional Testing of Web and Mobile Applications, Writing Test Cases, Regression Testing, Data Verification, GIT & JIRA, Basic Automation Testing,
Testing feeds - Understanding of JSON and XML structures, Testing tools like Postman, Swagger & Charles Proxy, Browser Development Tools,GIT & JIRA.
Position description: 2+ years of hands on experience in testing.
- To work closely with software developers and product planners to understand more about what the product is for, its key features and the intended audience
- Required to carry out a mix of key functional and non-functional tests such as Sanity, Regression, Load, Security and Deployment
- Required to plan test cases in consultation with the stake holders
- Required to document all bugs and findings of these tests and ensuring they are addressed
Mandatory: Passionate about sports, Problem solving, Team player, Target & Result oriented.
What does the role look like?
We are looking for a high-energy, detail-oriented, and technically-savvy Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE). Should be an excellent individual contributor capable of understanding and driving test execution with minimal help. Who can work towards understanding application performance, functionality, and features to great depth enabling them to report issues, take ownership and drive them to closure.
What will you be doing?
Develop and execute automated tests and test plans
Efficiently execute test cases across all functional areas of the products(API and App)
Review product user interface for conformity to design guidelines
Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution
Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
Work with Engineering and product to understand the overall product requirements and technical architecture and how each feature is implemented
Ensure the highest quality product delivery with security.
Evaluating and integrate open source and in house developed toolsets
What will you need ?
Bachelor/Master degree in CS or related field from a reputed college
Experience in manual testing for Application and APIs
Experience in automation testing using available framework.
Strong knowledge of QA methodologies, testing frameworks and tools
Demonstrated experience in test planning, test design, test execution and reporting.
Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical partners.
Understanding & experience with software design pattern, restful APIs and microservice architecture
Prior experience in start-ups or health-tech will be a plus
Develop testing strategy, test plan and test scenarios for new feature set in existing applications and for new applications as well.
Perform Root Cause analysis for captured bugs
Prioritize and Categorize captured bugs
Develop, prioritize, and execute manual and automated regression test cases/scripts on releases.
Identify and create test data for sprint test demo
Create positive and negative tests for User Stories
Expected skill set (MUST HAVES):
Excellent command of Manual Testing and Automation Testing (Any tool).
Good knowledge of UI automation using Selenium or equivalent
Good knowledge in writing advanced SQL queries and data validation techniques
Good Experience of working in an Agile environment and
Expected skill set (Good to have)
We are looking for an innovative and experienced quality analyst to join our team. The QA is responsible for developing and supporting the planning, design and execution of test cases, and test scripts for projects. The successful candidate will work closely with various departments to perform and validate test cases based on quality requirements, and recommend changes to predetermined quality guidelines. You will be responsible for ensuring that the end product meets the minimum quality standards, and is fully functional and user-friendly. To be successful as a QA, you should demonstrate strong attention to detail and have analytical and problem-solving abilities. The ideal candidate must be able to interpret and implement quality assurance standards and provide accurate and comprehensive feedback to colleagues.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and Execution of test cases to ensure it confirms the business requirement
- Identify & report issues found, then verify that issues are resolved
- Perform retesting, regression testing, exploratory and User acceptance testing
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Should be an individual contributor
- Prior experience in Bug database, Test management tool, API testing, mobile testing
- Good Knowledge of STLC, SDLC
- Good exposure to both web and mobile testing
- Experience in software testing within iterative methodologies like agile
Skills and Competencies:
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or a related field.
- 3+ years of proven experience in the software testing domain with both manual and automated testing tools
- Performance testing using JMeter is an add on
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Providing software application support under the supervision of the Senior Engineer.
Performing analyses on software application functionality and suggesting improvements.
Ensuring effective front-end and back-end functionality of applications.
Consulting with the software development team, internal users, and clients to improve application performance.
Establishing the root causes of application errors, and escalating serious concerns to the Senior Engineer.
Keeping a record of configuration changes and scheduling application updates.
Documenting processes and monitoring application performance metrics.
Providing front-end support to clients and colleagues in other departments.
A bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, information technology, information systems, computer engineering, or similar.
Demonstrable experience as an application support engineer in a related field.
Advanced knowledge of integration and system testing
Ability to manage code migration, document configuration changes, and monitor performance.
Exceptional ability to provide front-end support to internal departments and web-based clients.
Advanced proficiency in determining the causes of application errors and repairing them.
Able to create test strategies, scenarios, test scripts, and reports for multiple projects of various sizes.
Able to test several pieces of software.
Knowledge of Automation tools, matrices
Validate that user expectations are achieved during the testing process.
Review user requirements documents to ensure that requirements are testable.
Create unit tests and validation procedures to assure quality
Detect identification and resolution and document technical specifications
Maintain code, fix bugs, and iron out occurring problems
Troubleshoot testing failures
Conduct regular software audits
Maintain working knowledge of quality standards
Create, review, and refine user experience documents
Document testing protocols
Assure accuracy of programs and software.
Have an interest in working in the gaming field
• Responsible for the quality of product delivery to customers and ensure we put out certified releases to customers
• Be responsible for leading and managing the QA team
• To be able to establish a solid relationship with other team members to understand the vision, requirements, and priorities of our business partners
• Participate in product and feature design with developers, product managers, and business systems analysts
• Design, Develop and Execute test strategies, test scenarios and test plans for new components and help root-cause issues working with software development teams
• Understand requirements and review the Test Cases and all other documents created by the QA team
• Develop plans, schedules, metrics, data needs and scenarios for end to end integration testing including areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, or usability as well as environment set ups and build plans
• Maintaining and Reporting on important QA metrics periodically
• Implement tools and technologies consistent with scaling processes in growing companies including helping speed up regression cycles by identifying areas of automation opportunities
• Maintain complete traceability of issues all the way from roadmap to production environments
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
• A Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related software engineering discipline, or equivalent
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly; ability to motivate people, instil accountability and achieve results
• Possess good oral and written documentation skills and be able to interact with other team members to deliver with quality
• Be a self-starter with the ability to deliver on time with quality and also handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Must have experience in performing quality assurance testing -functional, performance (load, stress, reliability) and regression
• Experience with Agile development methodology (e.g. Scrum)
• Passion for testing with the "break it" mentality
• Have Experience in SELENIUM(JAVA), JMeter and hands on experience on MySQL would be a plus
RIA is an InsurTech company on a mission to actively partner with our customers to improve their health and health outcomes. We are taking a very differentiated approach which is backed by how we use health data and digital health to keep our customers healthier.
To enable our mission, we are building our own core InsurTech platform in-house. This platform is cloud-native and on a microservices architecture. We’re building all our core components internally, such as - insurance APIs, an AI/intelligence layer, our own risk models, a health data platform, and a low-code insurance workflow automation platform.
WHY JOIN US
We’re building the foundation of our team right now, and are looking for ambitious team members to join us and grow rapidly with us. The work environment is fast-paced and you would make a clear impact!
You’ll partner with a stellar leadership team that comes from IIT Kanpur, Kellogg, MIT Sloan, IIT Guwahati, UChicago Booth, IIT Madras & University of Michigan. The team has also worked at companies such as McKinsey, Goldman Sachs, Max Bupa, Swiss Re, ICICI Lombard, ICICI Prudential, etc.
We’re a well-funded start-up, which has raised capital from top VCs, global insurers, and prominent Indian family offices.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
RIA’s vision is to build the gold standard for healthcare technology systems and healthcare data platform in India. The core technology we are building is a data platform on the cloud bringing together vast volumes and types of health data. A data analytics layer will sit on top and allow us to create AI and ML models in the near future. Additionally, we are working on an API ecosystem where we integrate with a number of partners for insurance distribution and business partnerships. And to tie it all together a cutting-edge user experience to deliver better healthcare and insurance experience to customers.
If you’re looking to not just test applications in a mundane/mechanical way this is the right place for you. Over the next few years, you will get to build automation tools & frameworks in order to productize testing itself at RIA. You will get to understand RIA’s applications inside out like no one does as you create, execute and automate testing at RIA. This is a great opportunity to be part of something new and cutting edge.
- 3-4 years of experience as QA Engineer with demonstrable experience in Manual testing
- Experience in Testing web apps and APIs is a must
- Mobile app testing is a plus
- Should be able to define user scenarios using black-box testing and also, identify possible failure modes using white-box testing.
- Automated testing using Selenium and Java - preferred, but can consider others with automation experience too
- Automated testing of APIs and mobile apps is a plus