- Own the backend stack – Node.Js based, that powers our product
- Collaborate with Backend Developers (Python), Front-end developers, DevOps, and Data Scientists to design and implement new features
- Build and maintain several REST’ful Services/Endpoints which will be used both internally and externally in a Macroservices/Distributed services environment.
- Deploy and monitor the Services/Endpoints ensuring availability and scalability(ability to handle 100X traffic)
- Work on full project lifecycle starting from requirements gathering/understanding the problem to deploying and maintaining the project.
Skills that you bring Along:
- A minimum 8+ years of extensive work experience with Node.Js and related frameworks – particularly Express.Js.
- Extensive experience in designing and maintaining REST’ful API endpoints
- Extensive experience with databases such as Postgres and Mongo.
- Extensive experience in Cloud Infrastructure (AWS based) – e.g. AWS API Gateway, Lambda Functions etc.
- Experience with cache like Redis and/or Memory cache
- Good experience in Microservices/Macroservices or Event driven Architectures
- Good experience with design patterns
- Experience in writing advanced SQL-queries, good knowledge of PL/SQL
- Good understanding of Software Design Principles and domain-driven design
- Good experience with Continuous Delivery and Containerization(Docker)
- Ideally maintaining infrastructure-as-code using Terraform
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain complex topics in a simple manner
Octaloop is an inbound marketing agency for blockchain companies. Our in-house product, Binamite, is an invoicing platform that allows users to get paid in crypto and fiat. In addition, we host crypto and blockchain summits along with hackathons.
We are looking for a Backend Developer to work with us in the development of our in-house product.
- Design and build scalable, performant, and maintainable services
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Write clean code to develop functional web applications
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve legacy applications
- Collaborate with Front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic
- Work with the product teams, and sales teams to understand customer needs and translate them into backend engineering projects
- Manage project timelines, implementation design specifications, engineering system diagrams, documentation, testing, and ongoing support of systems.
- Maintain and improve existing code with a pride of ownership.
- At least 12 months of relevant experience
- Hands-on management of production AWS infrastructure and automation/ any type of cloud infra and automation
- Thorough knowledge of designing, implementing and scaling document-based databases (mongoDB)
- Strong concern for both security and performance
- Have contributed to thoroughly tested production applications at scale
- Excellent verbal and written English communication abilities
- Experience working remotely (constant communication, self-starter, solid git commit habits, supporting/empowering others, etc.)
- Github/gitlab/bitbucket profile with code samples and open source contributions
Why work with us?
- 100% remote (work from a beach if you must!)
- Unlimited paid sick leaves (because we care about your wellbeing)
- 5-day work week (enjoy your weekends!)
- Friday evenings = BYOC with the whole team! (i.e. bring your own coffee/chai)
To learn more about our culture check out https://octaloop.com/about-us/
Senior Software Engineer
It is a fish and seafood supply chain platform.It is a B2B marketplace leveraging technology to deliver the fastest harvest-to-retail in the industry.Building the future of meat and seafood supply chain.We are building smart supply chain to deliver the highest quality seafood and meat for the Indian consumer. Our innovations in process management and workforce orchestration along with strong industry credentials are enabling us to deliver the fastest harvest-to-fork in the industry.Our endeavor is to leverage experience across various parts of the value chain – farming, production, delivery to marquee brands – to deliver similar value to the Indian consumers.
As a senior software engineer, you will contribute to our end to end supply chain platform. You'll work with all key stakeholders to deliver scalable, maintainable backend code and work with frontend developers to deliver amazing user experiences. We are building a design and process-centric culture where you'll play a key role in the implementation of the foundation of all our systems. Up for a challenge?
- A self-starter with a sense of what it takes to be successful as a team
- Agile - welcome change, do as less as possible and embrace continuous delivery
- Conscious about how quality is carried through from the UI to all layers underneath
- Opinionated, but flexible to accommodate the big picture
- Analyse requirements, provide estimates and deliver code in an agile setup
- Stay on top of all owned work and raise red flags as early as possible
- Define the architecture, best practices and coding standards
- Support continuous technical improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and present them for architectural review
- Motivate team members, coach junior members and extend goodwill to other employees
- Prior startup experience, preferably with war stories to share
- 4-6 years of software industry experience
- Solid understanding of software design, development, testing, and problem-solving
- Expertise in coding efficient, high quality and modularized software
- Experience in building and scaling service-oriented architecture and microservices
- Expertise in relational and non-relational databases and expertise in at least one database system
- Experience with planning, execution and maintenance of test infrastructure for backend workflows
- Experience with CI/CD and setting up a monitoring infrastructure
- Knowledge of AWS, specifically building scalable cloud-native architectures using services like Lambda, AWS Gateway, Aurora, etc
- Knowledge of Unix shell and source control systems and tools such as git
- Strong technical leadership skills
- Strong communication skills
- Technical mentoring skills
Great to have
- Experience with GraphQL, meteor.js and other modern JS ecosystems
- Experience with blockchain and interest in ML
- Experience working on high traffic systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Key Skills:
- Expert Proficiency in anyone the below programming language - Node JS, PHP or GoLang
- Expert Computer Science fundamentals like Data Structures, Algorithms, Time Complexity, and others
- Strong Microservices, REST API, Git source control, CI/CD, and other latest technology trends
- Strong System Design, DB Design proficiency
- Strong knowledge in Design Patterns, best software development practices
- Good exposure to working in Open Source stack, E-Commerce, or Fintech domain.
2. Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it , such as Express JS, Strong Loop, etc
3. Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and Promises and its quirks and workarounds
4. Good understanding of server-side templating languages (such as Jade, EJS, etc depending on your technology stack)
5. Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processors such as Styles, Less
6. Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, CSS3, and Bootstrap
7. Understanding accessibility and security compliance
8. User authentication and authorization between multiple systems(Internal or Third party), servers, and environments
9. Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
10. Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
11. Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
12. Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
13. Proficient in code versioning tools, such as Git or TFS
- Minimum 4 years’ experience developing Node.js applications on top of RESTful APIs.
- Experience with cross-browser, cross-platform and design constraints on the web.
- Experience with test automation: TDD, unit/integration/functional testing.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design and programming concepts.
- Have a passion for quality and writing clean, solid, readable code that scales and performs well.
- Proficient in Git and familiarity with continuous integration.
- A team player who values collaboration, innovation, and inclusion
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
As part of the engineering team, you would be expected to have
deep technology expertise with a passion for building highly scalable products.
This is a unique opportunity where you can impact the lives of people across 150+
● Own architecture, design, development, and implementation of different modules/features of the services
● Design, develop, deploy and support web applications.
● Discover opportunities for performance improvements
● Recommend ways to improve reliability, efficiency and code quality
● Focus on continuous delivery and reducing complexity
● Carry out code reviews and manage pull requests
● Build applications based on micro-services architecture
● Overall 1-3 years of experience in Backend development.
● B.E/B.Tech in CS or equivalent streams from institute of repute (IITs, NITs, BITs,
IIITs or equivalent)
● Strong object oriented design skills & knowledge of design patterns
● Experience designing & developing distributed systems involving multiple web services, databases (both SQL and NoSQL), caches, queues, etc. taking into consideration scalability, availability, fault tolerance, consistency, etc. of the overall system
● Well-aware of and enforces development best practices: Unit Tests, Code Reviews,
Integration Tests, CI/CD, Monitoring, Alerting, etc