Simplilearn.com is the world’s largest professional certifications company and an Onalytica Top 20 influential brand. With a library of 400+ courses, we've helped 500,000+ professionals advance their careers, delivering $5 billion in pay raises. Simplilearn has over 500 employees worldwide and our customers include Fortune 1000 companies, top universities, leading
agencies and hundreds of thousands of working professionals. We are growing over 200% year on year and having fun doing it.
Job Title: Principal Architect
Are you capable of building online products from scratch on your own? Are you able to a lead a large team of engineers through complex web architectures? Are you a seasoned leader looking to build the next big product? Do you think there is always a better, simpler solution than what is available? If yes, we would love to meet you for an exciting role as the principal architect of our technology organization. Operating as one of the leading players in the online education space, we believe that only the best work in product and technology will give the business its edge and continued growth. In this endeavour, we are looking for a seasoned Architect from a Product Engineering background with experience in Engineering Design/Architecture, driving key engineering decisions, Product Delivery, Customer/ Business Orientation.
Roles & Responsibilities:
As an Architect you will completely understand the product requirements, the business goals and the user experience desired; and based on this design execute the best engineering solution that optimizes effort, time and quality. The Architect is expected to lead multiple fairly large, and very high performing tech teams. We look for a person who really understands lean and agile development and also sets very high benchmarks of quality.
Simplilearn competes with leading edu-tech companies from across the world, many of them based in Silicon Valley. The role of the Architect is to drive excellence in the area of work that he looks at and work very closely with the CTO to ensure faster and better development cycles than competition, ensuring a dependable
What’s on Offer:
◦ A critical leadership role in a growth stage start-up with a proven model.
◦ Fast, agile work environment. Quick decisions, no hierarchical bottlenecks.
◦ The challenge of building a “best in the world” product as more than 70% of Simplilearn’s revenue comes from outside India.
◦ Work in the domains of Education: adaptive learning, gamification, personalization, social learning.
◦ E-commerce: A truly global e-commerce portal
◦ Predominantly the current products are on the LAMP stack along with MongoDB/CouchDB/BigQuery, UI technologies (Angular JS, Bootstrap) and the latest standards in the ever evolving e-Learning domain.
◦ Infrastructure: AWS, Google Cloud, Azure
▪ 10+ years’ experience preferred in building web applications at scale
▪ Engineering degree in computer science or any equivalent field;
▪ Experience in developing and deploying large web-based solutions across various platforms including mobile.
▪ Active participation in scalable website and web application development
▪ Solid understanding of system performance, scalability, security, availability and operability in a clustering environment.
▪ Strong background in deploying devops based release processes including the use of coding standards and automated systems for version control, build, regression testing.
▪ Strong familiarity with modern Agile development processes
▪ Ability to present to and work with C-level leadership comfortably
▪ Very strong analytical and problem solving skills
▪ Exceptional peer and organizational feedback in the past (references required)
About Simplilearn Solutions
Simplilearn, one of the world's leading certification providers, offers short-term online training courses to help professionals get certified and get ahead.