Subodh PopalwarSoftware Engineer, Memorres
What is the role?
Xoxoday is looking for a candidate who has a strong background in the design and implementation of scalable architecture and a good understanding of Algorithms, Data structures, and design patterns. Candidates must be ready to learn new tools, languages, and technologies
- At least 4 -7 years of experience as a software developer.
- At Least 3 years of experience in .net core C#, aws stack, ms sql server, mvc, nodejs experience is a plus
- Strong working knowledge in distributed event-driven messaging architecture/platform
- Strong knowledge in data access layer especially ability to work with stored procedure
- Established and stimulated software development standards and processes along with best practices for delivery of scalable and high-quality software.
- Production experience with AWS stack
- Fluent English speaker
- Experience working with OOP languages.
- Experience designing and developing Microservices and SOA.
- Experience working with AWS Kinesis, Lambda, SQS, S3, ElastiCache, ElasticSearch, Kubernetes, EventBridge, RDS, CloudWatch, APIGateway
- Experience designing and building high-performance scalable web services.
- Experience in REST API design and implementation.
- Experience in unit testing, test automation, and continuous delivery.
- Experience with stream-processing and message-broker software.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with distributed teams.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work quickly toward tight deadlines, and make smart tradeoffs between speed, accuracy, and maintainability.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science (or equivalent professional experience).
What can you look for?
A wholesome opportunity in a fast-paced environment that will enable you to juggle between concepts, yet maintain the quality of content, interact, and share your ideas and have loads of learning while at work. Work with a team of highly talented young professionals and enjoy the benefits of being at Xoxoday.
Xoxoday is a rapidly growing fintech SaaS firm that propels business growth while focusing on human motivation. Backed by Giift and Apis Partners Growth Fund II, Xoxoday offers a suite of three products - Plum, Empuls, and Compass. Xoxoday works with more than 2000 clients across 10+ countries and over 2.5 million users. Headquartered in Bengaluru, Xoxoday is a 300+ strong team with four global offices in San Francisco, Dublin, Singapore, New Delhi.
We look forward to connecting with you. As you may take time to review this opportunity, we will wait for a reasonable time of around 3-5 days before we screen the collected applications and start lining up job discussions with the hiring manager. We however assure you that we will attempt to maintain a reasonable time window for successfully closing this requirement. The candidates will be kept informed and updated on the feedback and application status.
Position: Lead Backend Engineer
Location: Pune, India (Initially Remote Due to COVID 19)
About the Organization:
It is one of the most exciting Bay Area Product Driven Organization in Logistics industry supporting more than 30,0000 customers.
As a software engineer on the Backend team, you will be building and owning backend services and infrastructure that power our core products. We strive for high standard of engineering quality while solving unique hardware as well as software challenges. You will have high impact roles at a relatively small company for our user base. You thrive in fast-paced, unstructured environments that require you to wear many hats and think on your feet.
What we are looking for?
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ year of experience in Python/Django or Go
- Familiarity with Node.JS is a plus
- You write high quality and well-tested code to meet the needs of your customers.
- Good intuition for REST API design
- Start-up experience is a plus
- BS/MS/PHD in Computer Science or a related field (ideal)
- Preferably a Pune based candidate who can join at the earliest / Within a month
Should Be a Computer Science Graduate from a Tier-1 Engineering college like IIT/ BHU / NIT / VIT / COEP / PICT / BITS
Why join us?
- Very high-growth
- Passionate, collaborative, and awesome co-workers
- Free lunches
- Competitive salaries
➢ Must have great ability to create RESTful webservices in SpringBoot
➢ Great to have knowledge and experience in PL/SQL
➢ Great to have exposure into React 17+/MaterialUI
➢ Exposure into Load Balancing using Nginx
➢ Exposure into Docker
➢ Exposure into Fusion
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
➢ Good verbal, written communication skills and interpersonal skills
➢ Ability to work in late evening shifts to overlap with the counterparts in US
➢ Demonstrate a positive attitude
➢ Display a level of integrity
➢ Immediate joining
➢ Experience of minimum 5 years
➢ Handle things individually, ready to start off
● Fluency or understanding of specific languages, such as Python or Go.
● Strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools.
● Solid understanding of how REST APIs work: GET, POST, PUT and PATCH
● Basic understanding of AWS cloud and its services like lambda, EC2, Document DB, EKS etc.
● Understanding MongoDB would be a bonus.
● Excellent project management skills.
● Ability to work independently or with a group.
- Strong experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but
not limited to: Python, Java, C/C++, C#
- Demonstrated expertise working with at least one modern enterprise application frameworks like
Spring Boot, Play Framework, Django
- Demonstrated expertise in building scalable distributed applications in microservices architecture
- Expert knowledge of best practice software engineering methodologies and coding standards
- Strong and proven advocacy for Test Driven Development is preferred
- Experience with SQL (mySQL, Postgres, etc) and NoSQL (MongoDb, DynamoDB, Aerospike or Redis)
- Production experience in running cloud-based enterprise-grade systems at scale
- Natural ability to process requirements, figure out multiple execution options, their complexity, and
estimate the scope of work required to get tasks done
- DevOps experience
- Cloud experience (AWS required, Google Cloud Platform bonus
Wise is digital infrastructure for online education. Oversimplified as ‘Shopify for Tutors’ i.e., an easy to use tool for tutors to start teaching online. We have grown to 2mn users in 12 months and have much to do. We are backed by an incredible set of investors and individuals who have built product you already use. We have a small but rockstar team, cheap equity, smart money, opportunity to capture a huge market ($60bn) and a chance to make an impact while doing so.
What we need
We need you, if you are a senior software engineer with 4+ years of experience in building robust scalable systems. Work would involve building things quickly and adapting based on market feedback while ensuring the security and quality of the codebase. If you love coding and building things excites you, we would like to talk to you.
What you will need (Skills)
- Experience building microservices and distributed systems, RESTful APIs, user interfaces
- Knowledge and will of writing unit, integration tests is a must. TDD is a plus
- Preferably a polyglot: Strong command Ruby/Golang/Java/Python
- Some exposure to infra: Deployments, CI/CD setup, security. AWS exposure is good to have
- Strong database concepts. Experience with MongoDB is a plus
What you will do
- Feature analysis, hands on development, code reviews, deployment & rollouts
- Passionately maintain coding practices, quality & good design standards
- Design and develop highly scalable, available, secure and fault tolerant systems
- Actively contribute in assessing & improving/optimizing security & infrastructure
Great to have
- Sense of ownership
- Developers who can talk product and strategy
- Experience in building scalable consumer products
- Strong opinions, loosely held
Good to have
- Interest in mentorship
- Good written communication skills
- Bangalore love
Probably not ideal if
- If you have always been right about stuff in life
- No flexibility around working hours (this doesn’t mean we work long hours but if our systems get attacked in the middle of the night, we would need you to HODORR!)
Definitely get in touch if you
- Would have started the exact same company but willing to build it together with a great team
- Find our current product unbearably slow or inadequate
- Think this company isn’t going to work as it is right now
- Possess the ability in Angular js, React js
- Top-notch programming skills, ability to produce quality code that is maintainable, efficient, reliable and secure.
- Development of APIs as required. Rest or Soap API integration.
- Strong knowledge of MVC is required
- Must Know Framework like Laravel, CodeIgniter, Cake Php, Yii
- Have experience in MySQL, MariaDB databases.
- Distributed version control and regular deployments.
- Have Good Communication skills.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work as a Web Developer to create front end & backend of websites
- Play a key role in the design lifecycle, from brief through to design and release/implementation
- Should have good knowledge of HTML, CSS, REACT JS, NODE JS, POSTGRES, GIT, REST API.
- A good understanding of servers, hosting, domains, DNS
- Ensure all designs work across all browsers and on all devices
- Help to design elements of mobile apps
- Ensure all designs are produced to deliver a great user experience
- A minimum of one year of experience in designing and developing websites and web apps
- Knowledge about REST API
- Who has worked on libraries such as Bootstrap, Material is.
- Experience with Unit testing, Git, GitHub, and other DevOps and CI/CD tool
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates a range of work and techniques
- A passion for strong web design that delivers a great user experience
- A good understanding of the latest web design trends
We’re looking for a Ruby on Rails Software Engineer/Shopify App Developer who has experience working with the Shopify platform and is able to work on a Shopify app.
Your Daily Challenges
When we welcome you aboard we’ll introduce you to your Team, which consists of a front-end developer, a Shopify App Marketer who grew 2 apps to million dollar annual revenue, and a product manager.
These are the people you’ll work closely with on Product development day-to-day. Once you get settled in and learn more about the team, your day to day activities will look something like this:
- Own the end-to-end development cycle for the Shopify app you’ll be working on.
- Coordinate with fellow developers to get things done on time.
- Implement high quality code in an agile, test driven development environment
- Review exception reports to identify and fix bugs
- Development of new apps and features
- Maintenance of existing features
- Collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Contributions of ideas to improve the product
- 3-5 years of experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Shopify app development
- Familiar with Sidekiq, PostgreSQL
- Good understanding of HTML and CSS (positioning and styling)
- Excellent communication skills
- Takes pride in writing clean, organized, efficient code
- An eye for detail
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial/startup environment
- The compensation range for this role is INR 14-18 LPA (~25K USD) + up to 5% equity.
- The compensation varies with experience and qualifications.
- This is a full-time remote/work from home position.
Thanks for the time you took to read about this opportunity.