What You'll Do :
You will be a part of our backend team working on keeping our REST API and GraphQL API up and running and making sure that our users get the right data at the right time.
You will have ownership of developing and maintaining our backend services including users, courses, and operations tools that manage our product and logistics.
You will work on architecting and scaling highly-available RESTful services and back-end systems from scratch.
This is a position for an experienced Node programmer with at least 2 years under the belt, but you don't have to be a rock star, a ninja, or a superhero to apply.
What You'll Need :
You will fit well in the backend team if you are passionate about technology and have experience programming in Node. Knowledge of technologies like Cassandra, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, REST and JSON will help you get going from day one.
As an experienced Node developer, you should be intimately familiar with the platform, with
You will be a perfect match with our team if you love collaborating with people from all disciplines to solve complex problems, always want to learn new skills and take ownership of your work.
Around 4 years of experience in creating and implementing Web-based products using PHP,
Ability to work in an Agile, fast-paced environment, and learn rapidly.
Bachelor degree in computer science, computer engineering or similar.
Experience in any PHP framework Laravel, CodeIgniter or Zend.
Writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code.
Must have knowledge of project/task management tools like Jira,
Familiarity with Version Control Tortoise Bitbucket, Git etc.
Understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility and web standards.
Good English communication skills, written and spoken.
Able to work with minimum supervision as well as perform under pressure and meet
What will you be doing
- Build scalable and loosely coupled services to extend our platform
- Build bulletproof API integrations with third party APIs for various use cases
- Evolve our Infrastructure and add a few more nines to our overall availability
- Have full autonomy and own your code, and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver as well operate large-scale applications on AWS
- Give back to the open source community through contributions on code and blog posts
- This is a startup so everything can change as we experiment with more product improvements
- You have prior experience developing and working on consumer facing web/app products
- Solid experience on Python. Exceptions can be made if you’re really good on any other language with experience on building web/app based tech products
- Experience in at least one of the following frameworks - Sanic, Django, Flask, Falcon, web2py, Twisted, Tornado
- Working knowledge of MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Aerospike
- Good understanding of Data Structures, Algorithms and Operating Systems
- You've worked with core AWS services in the past and have experience with EC2, ELB, AutoScaling, CloudFront, S3, Elasticache
- Understanding of Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes
- Have a knowledge of Solr, Elastic search
- Attention to detail
- You love doing things efficiently. At Fynd, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves
- You might not have experience with all the tools that we use but you can learn those given the guidance and resources
- Developing and maintaining all server-side network components.
- Ensuring optimal performance of the central database and responsiveness to front-end requests.
- Collaborating with front-end developers on the integration of elements.
- Designing customer-facing UI and back-end services for various business processes.
- Developing high-performance applications by writing testable, reusable, and efficient code.
- Implementing effective security protocols, data protection measures, and storage solutions.
- Running diagnostic tests, repairing defects, and providing technical support.
- Documenting Node.js processes, including database schemas, as well as preparing reports.
- Recommending and implementing improvements to processes and technologies.
- Keeping informed of advancements in the field of Node.js development.
● You’ve been building scalable backend solutions for web applications.
● You have experience with any of these backend programming languages -- Python,
NodeJS or Java.
● You write an understandable, very high quality, testable code with an eye towards
● You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers,
support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
● You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms,
programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
● You have completed a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Vymo is a Sanfrancisco-based next-generation Sales productivity SaaS company with offices in 7 locations. Vymo is funded by top tier VC firms like Emergence Capital and Sequoia Capital. Vymo is a category creator, an intelligent Personal Sales Assistant who captures sales activities automatically, learns from top performers, and predicts ‘next best actions’ contextually. Vymo has 100,000 users in 60+ large enterprises such as AXA, Allianz, Generali.Vymo has seen 3x annual growth over the last few years and aspires to do even better this year by building up the team globally.
What is the Personal Sales Assistant
A game-changer! We thrive in the CRM space where every company is struggling to deliver meaningful engagement to their Sales teams and IT systems. Vymo was engineered with a mobile-first philosophy. The platform through AI/ML detects, predicts, and learns how to make Sales Representatives more productive through nudges and suggestions on a mobile device. Explore Vymo https://getvymo.com/
What you will do at Vymo
From young open source enthusiasts to experienced Googlers, this team develops products like Lead Management System, Intelligent Allocations & Route mapping, Intelligent Interventions, that help improve the effectiveness of the sales teams manifold. These products power the "Personal Assistant" app that automates the sales force activities, leveraging our cutting edge location based technology and intelligent routing algorithms.
A Day in your Life
- Design, develop and maintain robust data platforms on top of Kafka, Spark, ES etc.
- Provide leadership to a group of engineers in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Manage and drive complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution.
What you would have done
- B.E (or equivalent) in Computer Sciences
- 6-9 years of experience building enterprise class products/platforms.
- Knowledge of Big data systems and/or Data pipeline building experience is preferred.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience as technical lead or technical management experience.
- Excellent coding skills in one of Core Java or NodeJS
- Demonstrated problem solving skills in previous roles.
- Good communication skills.
Aimed at building a massive parallel economy, This For That, is looking for highly driven engineers to build out a world class product. The product is in its early stages so there’s a lot to learn and build from scratch. You will get to work alongside seasoned business and marketing professionals and become part of the core engineering team.
2) Understanding of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
3) Comfortable working through the entire stack from the user interface through systems levels
4) Understanding accessibility and security compliance
5) Strong Logical and Analytical Skills
6) Experience in consuming web services (REST) and processing data (JSON)
7) Experience with SQLite, NoSQL, Redis or other databases
8) Proven experience in building API services using NodeJS Express and related frameworks
9) Good understanding of NodeJS asynchronous runtime
10) Good understanding of JS concepts on callbacks and closures
11) Experience in debugging issues related to memory leaks
12) Experience in building highly scalable and high throughput services with sub-second response times
13) Experience with ElasticSearch/Solr
14) Experience working in a collaborative team environment
15) Ability to understand and analyse issues across multiple vendors and interfaces
16) Experience with NoSQL queries
17) Experience with AWS
18) Experience in managing/mentoring small teams
In depth knowledge of all of the above is not mandatory but the nature of the work will involve learning and getting involved with all of the above. You would be working directly with key members of the management team to define and drive technical strategy.
Experience in the mobile space is mandatory. Please only apply if you have been part of building a mobile product. Since our product is mobile only, it is essential that you understand implications on the front end.