About The Team
We are striving to create the best productivity tools which will help small businesses to go online and scale their growth consistently with the bleeding edge of technology. Our backend team is looking for a solid Rockstar engineer who can hack around multiple technologies and build highly scalable, low latency, distributed systems. You will work closely with our product team to build new and compelling experiences for our customers!
We place special emphasis on the continuous growth of each team member - and we do this with regular 1-1s and open communication. As Software Engineer - Backend, you will be part of self-starters who thrive on teamwork and constructive feedback.
About The Role
As a Software Engineer - Backend, you will solve real-life complex problems and create compelling experiences for our users. In this role, you will ensure that the solutions and processes that we create are of the highest quality. And in doing so, you will champion a seamless app experience for all our users. You will also collaborate with your fellow engineers to create scalable solutions that are pertinent to Product IO's overall growth.
If you are confident about solving hard, interesting and UNIQUE problems, and creating an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, then you might just be our next Software Engineer - Backend
What You'll Do:
- Lead, build, test, and release mobile application features using cross-platform tools.
- Collaborate with the front-end team to expose weaknesses and problems
- Build out our APIs and tools using Python & Firebase libraries on the backend.
- Experience with NodeJS and deployment in Serverless
- Experience with NoSql(MongoDB) and SQL(PostregSQL)
- Work closely with Product, Design, Platform, and other cross-functional groups to drive product vision.
- Previous experience helping shape API structures and building REST APIs.
- Understanding of accessibility and server compliance (GCP)
- 2+ years professional software development experience, preferably mobile apps with a cloud backend. Example projects in (Python, Firebase)
- 6 months experience in Google Cloud Platform
- Excellent communication skills are a must, and experience with estimating and managing project tasks is important, too
- Highly driven, naturally curious, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- 1+ years of experience in developing Firebase apps.
- Experience in developing or designing APIs and web applications.
- Deployment in Cloud Environment.
- Familiarity with Flutter.
Why join us:
- 👫 A fast-moving, fun, growth-oriented company made up of skillful team players
- 💬 Transparent, open, and collaborative work environment
- 🌟 An opportunity to work closely with a proven executive team, board, and serial entrepreneurs
- Solid experience in RoR, Golang, NodeJS or Python. Good to have exposure to ML.
- Should have experience in cloud computing
- Has an ability to quickly learn and contribute in multiple codebase
- Overcomes roadblocks and requires minimal oversight
- Takes initiatives to fix issues/tech debts before assigned to him/her
- Able to deep dive into codebase and advise QA of possible regression impact
- Communicates tech decisions through design docs and tech talks
- Has delivered projects with end-to-end accountability
- Keeps track of industry trends and introduces right tech/tools for a given job
- Excellent understanding of software engineering practices, Design Patterns, Data Structures, Algorithms
Summary/Objective:We are looking for high performing developers who will get to develop an awesome product which the end user must love and trust. You will be responsible for building, scaling and maintaining the multiple modules, encompassing - external integration, API management, building business and operation processes, designing and defining micro services, designing multi-input/output state machines. You will work closely with business, product and UI teams and build products that would maximise business impact and customer delight. We are looking for people who love to challenge and contribute to new way of thinking. We value entrepreneurship skills, rolling up sleeves, resolving issues and raising up the bar. We love people who are excellent with delivery and execution and have a design thinking approach. You should be comfortable learning in a fast-paced environment and applying it at work. A quick overview of our stack:
Python, MySQL, NoSQL, Memcache, Bigquery Microservices Responsibilities
• Write clear and effective API documentation.
• Write codes to integrate applications being used by various stakeholders
• Write and review test cases to QA pass your own code.
• Write/review test cases for code and process coverage
• Review code for both oneself and team members
• Reviewing designs, code, and processes from a system security standpoint
• Defining and building micro-services
• Building systems with positive business impact
• Tracking module health, usage, behaviour tracking, measure and improve code and processes Requirements
• An engineer with at least 1-7 years of working experience in web services, preferably in Python
• Must have penchant for good API design.
• Must be a Stickler for good clear and secure coding
• Must have built and released APIs in production
• Experience in working with RDBMS and No SQL databases
• Must have designed thoughtful, extensible data models
• Knowledge of identifying, defining and building micro-services
• Working knowledge of GCS, AWS, Azure or any other cloud provider
• Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
• Communication skills, to speak to developers across the world. Good To Have
• Focus on constant improvement of developer experience
• Building or Working knowledge of CI/CD
• Basic know-how of front-end technologies like AngularJS/React
We are looking for a Python Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application; therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions (may include databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc.)
Skills And Qualifications
- Expert in Python, with knowledge of Django and DjangoRestFramework
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance for video streaming applications
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git, Mercurial or SVN)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
We’re looking for people to join our cause – to simplify the visual web with really smart but simple visual tools. A technology startup founded by IITians and backed by some of the most reputable media companies as customers, we offer a rare opportunity to join a thriving, fast-paced, multi-cultural environment and be part of a truly exciting journey. You will be at the forefront of innovation, joining the only Artificial Intelligence startup in India that have successfully deployed several CV/ML solution for several large media companies and now focusing on solving problems of global market.
Tessact is an Artificial Intelligence (AI) and data analytics startup established in July 2016 that helps in transforming businesses using powerful video recognition technologies built on most advanced machine learning systems. The company redefines the way contextual insights are to be used for
media production, digital advertising, consumer experience creation and news analytics
- You will be working on Designing the Database, writing low latency microservice architecture in node js, express js.
- If you have basic knowledge of reactjs that would be plus for you as well as us.