Requirements: Job Description
From booking a taxi to shopping to even finding a life-partner, technology today is
playing a role which is indistinguishable from magic. However, we are still stuck to
old means of teaching, operations and collaboration in education institutions which
directly impacts student experience as well as learning outcomes. We are
changing this. We are a platform, a philosophy, and a mission.
We are looking for great technologists to join the engineering team of our core
product which will be used by millions of students. Do you see delightful user
experiences and robust back-end engineering as two faces of the same coin? Do
you persevere to relentlessly improve your code till you are intrinsically satisfied? Do
you feel like an engineer and an artist when you deliver a final product? If yes, keep
We are a data-driven software product company with a strong focus on delightful
design. While you put your experience and knowledge into practice, you can expect
yourself unlearning and learning new things every day. You will be part of a strong,
passionate, and high-velocity team of engineers that regularly launches big features
that make a significant impact to our offering.
You will be an important member of engineering team reporting to the founding team
with following responsibilities:
Design, architect and deliver our core product modules
Continuously improve and refactor the code-base
Measure and improve application performance, security and stability
Promote innovation, new technologies, and best practices
Review code of reporting engineers and continuously mentor them
4+ years of software development experience with strong concentration in
enterprise SaaS based technologies.
Required Technical Qualifications
Strong design and coding skills in Enterprise Java, REST web services and
Deep knowledge of relational databases.
Deep knowledge of Test-driven Development (TDD) and Continuous
Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment (CD)
Experience with AWS Cloud Computing Services or others.
Strong leadership, communication and teamwork skills.
Ability to work independently and make decisions under minimal supervision.
Key Responsibility Areas:
· Design, build and deliver Enterprise software solutions.
· Write code with standards and conventions and follow best practices.
· Encourage and lead innovation and solid lifecycle processes.
· Collaborate with development teams on work definition, estimation and prioritization
· Lead and grow as a professional software engineer.
· Full ownership of product deliveries and mentoring junior team members.
· Preparing curriculum to train junior developers for Java Web Development
· Strong client interactions to provide excellent Quality of Service.
· Owning the code base and making sure all code is reviewed and is of very high quality.
· Write and modify coding conventions and standards documents for all development
· Core Java, J2EE,
· Spring Core and Spring MVC, Sprint Boot, Spring Security,
· JDBC, Hibernate, RESTful APIs, SOAP WebServices
· Junit or Mockito frameworks
· Maven, Git
· Knowledge Data Structures,
· SQL, MySQL
· Designing relational database schemas
· Basics of AWS, Cloud, Microservices
· BFSI, FinTech
B.E., B.Tech. from reputed institutes with good academic record
Want to design the ultimate market intelligence platform for the US$50bn language learning industry? We’re backed by Burg, the sector-leading investment bank, to build an algorithmic technology that predicts future success of edtech startups and language schools.
We’re on a mission to help investors, owners and operators identify the top performing language learning businesses. With our data and insights Burg has successfully completed over $1.5bn in fundraising mandates, M&A transactions and IPOs worldwide.
Burg advocates biodiversity and operates 100% remotely. To support mental wellbeing and protect the planet we encourage work from truly remote and rural locations.
We are looking for a backend web developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the frontend. You will also be responsible for integrating the frontend elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of frontend technologies is therefore necessary as well.
- Proficient knowledge of Java and springboot.
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Outputting data in different formats (dynamic tables, graphs, charts)
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
- Experience in web-scraping & data mining a plus
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by a frontend developer with server side logic
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implement security and data protection
- Design and implement data storage solutions such as AWS and MongoDB
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement.
- Collaborate effectively with other team members and stakeholders
- Work independently and within a group in an early-stage startup.
What we offer
- Gender diversity: Burg is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
- Flexibility: Permanent remote working with flexible hours (we actively encourage rural applicants)
- Professional development: time and financial support for training on online learning platforms like Coursera, Udemy, Udacity, etc.
- Peer learning and coaching platform: regular sessions and training on engineering, product, management, marketing, etc by representatives of global companies.
- Special incentives to pursue language related specializations.
- Global team: Exposure of working with an international team of leaders in the edtech space
- Health and wellness: Employee assistance programs focused on mental health
- Opportunity to work on a mission that can transform the lives of 1.5bn language learners
Architects are responsible for driving Technology & Best Practices in Engineering. We are a rapidly growing & constantly improving organisation. We seek very high levels of ownership in all individuals, especially leadership roles like this - Ownership of your team, your product. Going beyond your role & contributing to make the organisation & business better is an expectation.
- Actively participate in development along with team members for as much as 50% of their time, creating modules & systems that can then be treated as a working reflection of the best practices.
- Participating in code reviews, design reviews, architecture discussions.
- Being responsible for Scaling, Performance & Quality for the team
- Setting up best practices to help the team achieve the above and constantly thinking about improving the technology use are your responsibilities.
- Driving the adoption of these best practices around coding, design, quality, performance in your team and influence them for the entire organisation are also expectations from you.
- Experiment with new & relevant technologies and tools, and drive adoption while measuring yourself on the impact you are able to create
- Collaborate with Product Management and Product Development leaders in developing product visions and strategies.
- Define & drive implementation of long term technology vision for your product & team
- You will be the primary owner of the architecture of your product and will also be responsible for getting it reviewed, and making sure the system is built accordingly.
- Be an evangelist for technology & represent in external forums.
- Creating architectures & designs for new solutions around existing and new problem spaces
- Drive technology & tool choices for your team & be responsible for them.
- Quick & Excellent Problem solving skills for complex & large scale problems
- Exposure to a wide variety of problem spaces, technologies
- Very Strong System design and OO skills with a nifty ability to craft clean interfaces and operate at the right levels of abstraction
- Solid coding skills with ability to drive teams through massive refactoring exercise & improve coding standards across large code bases
- Deep knowledge, understanding & experience of working with a large variety of multi-tier architectures.
- Awareness of pitfalls & use cases for a large variety of solutions
- Deep understanding & experience of high performance web scale & real-time response systems with experience & expertise in a variety of large scale persistent systems including large databases
- Exposure to complete product development cycles - From inception to production to scaling up, supporting new requirements, re-architectures the Principle architects should have seen it all and ideally in multiple cycles.
- Should have been part of scalable product development cycles with either large data handling or large transaction processing exposure for 5 years
- Must have worked in a small setup (either a startup or a small & reasonably independent team)
- 8+ years of overall experience
- B Tech or higher in Computer Science or equivalent required
Role: Java Backend Developer
Location: Bangalore, India
About the company:
Founded by entrepreneur Rajiv Dingra, RD&X Network is a technology company offering transformational martech, adtech, and deep tech products and solutions to drive creative, media, data, and business transformation, helping global businesses become real-time, disruptive, and thereby achieve exponential growth. We are a geography agnostic, hybrid work culture, and agile company which is focused on a forward-looking work culture. We have some of the best industry talents on board and we identify ourselves as Transformists. We believe that transformation is not just for business, but for our people too.
To know about the products that we are building, you can take a quick glance at our website: www.rebid.co
We are a small, focused, and collaborative team
New members quickly take on responsibility of larger parts of the application
While your focus may be on one part of our technology stack, we know that engineers love to learn, and we encourage you to continue to learn all of our tools
Please “DO APPLY” even if you meet 50% of the requirements, our talent team parses profiles thoroughly and we would love to hear from you! We will always look at adding talent to our team, so we will keep in touch 😊
- Develop key functionality and core capabilities for RDandX Network’s services using Java/J2EE stack
- Design and develop RDandX Network’s microservices and ensure bug free code is pushed to the deployment pipeline to support large volume of transactions
- Define and communicate the technical design requirements to the Network’s stakeholders and the Engineering lead
- Responsible for building restful services to integrate with third party services like AdWords and Facebook marketing API
- Responsible for designing the technical architecture of the different services and maintaining and upgrading it
- Designing the unit test cases and building the framework for the development team to enforce the unit testing in all the services
- Be involved and participate in the end to end products’ lifecycle management
- Learn about new technologies and Stay up to date with best practices
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team of designers, engineers, system administrators and product team
- Lead the Backend team and manage their day to day activities and work deliverables
- 2-5 years of Working Experience
- Experience of Java, J2EE, Spring boot, PostgreSQL
- Should have working knowledge of Jenkins, Git, Maven, Glassfish or Tomcat server
- Experience on working with cloud technologies like AWS (Kinesis, Lamda, SQS) or GCP (Pub/Sub, DataProc, DataFlow) is desirable
- Have experience working with large scale data real time processing systems
- Should have working experience on building event driven micro services APIs
- Elastic search experience and K8 experience is good to have
Job Requirements :
- 4+ years of Java development experience
- 4+ years of microservice development experience with Spring boot framework
- Core & Advanced Java (Threading, Design Patterns, Data Structures) J2EE, REST web services
- Excellent knowledge of Enterprise Design Patterns
- Full stack development with Angular 8 experience will be a plus
- Experience with test driven software development
- Exposure to telecom domain
- ETOM/ SID which make the TM Forum framework
Java / J2EE, Spring, PostGreSQL
Developing REST webservice
Technologies – Solr, Redis, Kafka
Exposure to building & managing applications in Amazon Webservices (AWS)
Experience in security, scalability & performance aspects of solution
Role & Responsibilities:
Handle multiple products/modules simultaneously, lead the team in development and support
Lead development teams
Daily updates to customers and Product Managers/Delivery Managers
Participate in design discussions
Design and Architect small modules
Effort estimations for modules, subsystems or use cases.
Learn new skills and mentor the new team members
Champion best practices within the team, including code reviews
Work Experience & Skills:
B.E/B.Tech or any relevant Masters degree from reputed college.
Strong 5+ years of experience in Java, J2EE, Spring IOC, Spring Annotations, Spring, JDBC, Jquery, Java script, HTML 5 and CSS
Strong experience in Postgres or any SQL technology
Experience with working on Tomcat, Apache, JBoss or any similar application server
Should have 3+ years of experience in leading team.
Good experience in JSON / RESTful API / Web Services.
Experience in working on Agile methodology using Scrum and sprints
Experience in using build tools, Maven, GIT, Bugzilla or similar tools.
Experience in cloud technologies, Microservices and frameworks such as AWS or GPC,
container technologies like Docker is a plus.
Ability to adapt to new development environments, changing business requirements and learning new systems highly desired
Experience in Microservices, SpringBoot and Angular is a plus.
Experience with tuning deployed applications for scalability and performance.
Good knowledge of deployment and scripting on Linux/Unix servers
Strong technical documentation skills.
Good oral and written communication skills
- 2+ years of experience on Java, Spring Boot, Hibernate in medium to large-scale projects
- Must have experience with at least some flavours of both SQL (MySQL, Postgres) and NoSQL (Kafka, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, NoSQL distributed cache system, DynamoDB etc), datastores in production
- Must have experience with Kafka or similar message queue systems in production
- Stellar problem solving skills
- Hunger to learn new things and ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Ability to move quickly without breaking things too much (we are dreamers)
- Ability to work under immense pressure which is balanced by a sense of responsibility and ownership
- Should be able to groom juniors and take them to the next level