Providing technical expertise for every phase of the project lifecycle—from concept
development to solution design, implementation, optimization and support. Interacts
with a set of clients (client senior developers and architects) to create technology
specifications from business requirements for one of the modules within the project.
Prepares the technical design of the more complex technology components within the
module (one or more of client/web presentation tier, server tier, data access and data
model, integration component, package function customization).
Assists the architect in articulating the pros and cons of using a certain technology stack
or component or design pattern versus another to the clients and project team and
drives selection of technologies, designs to come up with the optimal architecture.
Drives the performance tuning, re-design and re-factoring for a module.
Contributes to designing and implementing the build, releases process as well as system
configuration and deployment characteristics of the application.
Required Tech Stack
2+ years of strong development skills in Java with JDK 1. 8 & above version &
Microservices with Spring boot/ Spring.
Should have strong acumen in Data Structures, Algorithms, problem-solving and Logical/
Thorough understanding of OOPS concepts, Design principles and implementation of
different type of Design patterns.
Sound understanding of concepts like Exceptional handling, Serialization/Deserialization
and Immutability concepts, etc.
Good fundamental knowledge in Enums, Collections, Annotations, Generics, Auto
boxing, etc. Experience with Multithreading, Concurrent Package and Concurrent APIs Basic
understanding of Java Memory Management (JMM) including garbage collections
Experience in RDBMS or NO SQL databases and writing SQL queries (Joins, group by,
aggregate functions, etc.)
Experience with at-least one NoSQL (Any of Cassandra/Couch base/Hadoop), Hands-on
experience with JMS
Hands-on experience in creating RESTful webservices and consuming webservices
Hands-on experience with Spring.
Hands-on experience with any of the logging frameworks (SLF4J/LogBack/Log4j)
Experience of writing Junit test cases using Mockito / Powermock frameworks.
Should have practical experience with Maven/Gradle and knowledge of version control
systems like Git/SVN etc.
Good communication skills and ability to work with global teams to define and deliver
Sound understanding/experience in software development process, test-driven
About Publicis Sapient
2 Knowledge of Database design and MySQL
4 Rest API
5 Kafka/ RabbitMQ
- Work on existing software solutions or new systems on the specified programming language.
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality of the solution you are working on.
- Working closely with business analysts, software engineers, product managers, designers and other stakeholders.
- Write well designed and efficient code by adhering to the specified coding standards.
- Mentor and support other team members by doing code reviews and applying your experience in process and technical leadership.
- Minimum 1.5 years of work experience as a Software Engineer in following languages: Java.
- You should have sound knowledge of Java Spring Boot, Hibernate, JPA tools, Maven.
- You should have sound knowledge of Relational databases. Brownie points for Oracle database experience.
- Familiarity with web servers (e.g. Apache/ Apache Tomcat).
- Proficiency with RESTful APIs to connect applications to back-end services.
- Flexibility to switch to a new programming language as and when required.
- Should be familiar with any of the frontend technologies (e.g. Angular/ React JS et cetera)
- Ability to own a product and deliver exceptional quality.
- Analytical capabilities and logical approach to problem-solving.
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle and agile methodology.
- Proficiency in software engineering tools.
- Have system-level thinking and ability to develop a system as a whole.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science Engineering or any other relevant course.
- Good communication skills - including the ability to convey information to non-technical team members in a concise and clear way.
- Ability to understand the end-user.
- High self motivation to lead & build projects from beginning to end;
- You've shipped multiple products and are willing/able to demonstrate how you solved specific problems to solve users needs;
- Excellent communication in presenting your code and communicating what problems they are solving while giving/receiving feedback;
- Ability to quickly grasp goals and requirements from light specifications;
- Must be able to effectively & efficiently work with stakeholders spreads across many timezones;
- 5+ years of Android experience working in a modern commercial web development environment and shipping solid product;
- Experience in Springboot, Microservices, JPA, oracle database.
- Must have experience in authentication mechanism like LDAP, SSO, any authentication server, role management
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- Work with sharp, motivated and passionate co-workers spread across many regions.
- Rare opportunity to make real positive impact on the world!
Knowledge and Skills required:
- At least 3-10 years’ experience in application development and technical designing.
- B.Tech/B.E/MCA from premium institute preferred
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Engineering, preferably Computer Science/Engineering, from a top tier university
- Strong inclination towards innovation and efficiency
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple engagements, prioritize and resolve complex problems and escalate as necessary, in a deadline oriented environment
- Well organized and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability for work
- Candidate will be required to work with geographically dispersed teams, specially team(s) in New York, London and India (Bangalore /Mumbai)
· Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, client focus and organizational skills in a team-oriented environment
· Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
· Good problem solving skills
Tech Skills Required
- Strong understanding of Java technology (Core Java, J2EE)
- Knowledge of open source frameworks: Spring, Hibernate, Spring Batch
- Integration middleware products, Service Oriented Architecture
- Database Development and Debugging – Stored Procedures (Sybase and/or DB2)
- Database Design and Modeling
- Strong understanding of SDLC methodologies
- Design Patterns (GoF and J2EE)
Skills Nice to Have
- Exposure to NoSQL databases like mongodb
- Exposure to distributed systems/ tools like Apache zookeeper, Apache kafka
- REST, Ajax, SOA2
- Develop backend systems for our first product
- Build reliable, secure and performant backend systems
- Drive test coverage and continuous delivery automation within the team
- Mentor and provide feedback to teammates
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Deep and wide knowledge of Java ecosystem
- Can write code that is readable, maintainable, secure and performant
- Know the importance of tests and how to approach writing different types of tests
- Good intuition for REST API design
- Deep understanding of relational databases, transactions, entity-relationship modeling
- Comfortable writing highly concurrent systems
- Experienced in using profilers, tuning garbage collection, optimizing SQL queries
- Understanding of domain-driven design concepts like ubiquitous language, bounded contexts, aggregates and domain events
- Know how to use test driven development as a design tool
- Good intuition for the principles underlying object-orientation, particularly encapsulation
- Understand the importance of immutability and of reducing the state-space of objects
- Know how to refactor large codebases safely
- Seek to identify key underlying ideas and use those as building blocks before reaching for shiny new tools
- 10 + years of experience and expertise in database and systems architecture design, development and implementation;
- Expertise and experience in data structures, indexing, query, and retrieval;
- Excellent data management skills including ensuring data integrity, data access, security and archiving procedures;
- Knowledge of the language technology and video extraction research domains to be able to converse fluently with the research communities to transform research requirements into concrete formalisms.
- Experience in cross platform development for multiple variants of Unix, Linux including 32 and 64 bit
- Experience with NoSQL, SQL databases, statistics and algorithms
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Design, implement and test novel database architecture designs to accommodate the multimodal data types used in Client managed technology evaluations
- Administer and monitor database and address data security solutions as applicable
- Design and develop efficient techniques for fast, optimized data access and transfer of distributed or networked database systems
- Design, implement and test novel data structures, data search, query and retrieval solutions to enable access to and processing of the multimodal data types used in Client managed technology evaluations
Senior Software Development Engineer - Chennai
Who we are?
Kaleidofin is a financial platform for the informal sector, which provides solutions tailored to the customer’s goals and are intuitive to use. We are working towards creating fair and transparent financial solutions that can target millions of customers and enterprises in India that don’t have easy access to formal financial planning.
In a very short time span, global investors such as Omidyar Network, Blume Ventures and well known individual investors have supported Kaleidofin’s well thought out business model with $2.8 million in seed funding.
With its focus to harness mobile technology to deliver a paperless experience as well as its focus to harness technology and analytics to predict the right product for the right customer, Kaleidofin aims to become a leading FinTech player bringing financial solutions to everyone.
To know more about Kaleidofin, do visit our site https://kaleidofin.com/
What You’ll Do?
We are seeking extremely smart & independent senior developers who are gung ho about building large scale systems that are going to have a big impact on millions of customers. You will:
- Lead design and development of products working closely with business team
- Independently own software components and co-own entire applications with a small group of fellow developers
- Formally mentor junior software engineers on the team, reviewing design documents, (peer) reviewing code, providing design direction and guidance
- Build performant, scalable, yet secure, enterprise ready back end architectures that can support millions of users in parallel
- Establish strong engineering best practices and champion their adoption
Who You Need To Be?
- 4+ years’ experience in software product development and delivery
- Bachelors or Masters degree in engineering (preferably computer science or sister branches) from a reputed institute (preferably IITs, NITs, or other top engineering institutes).
- Strong grasp of CS fundamentals, algorithms and excellent problem-solving abilities.
- All experience should be from good product development or e-commerce background.
- Able to take ownership of working with atleast one of mobile or web app teams for complete integration with backend
- Must have shown good stability in all your previous associations.
- Skill set
- Have strong backend knowledge and cloud development exposure
- Proficiency in Java, Spring boot, Hibernate, REST API development
- Worked with at least 1 RDBMS (Mysql preferred). NoSql is a plus.
- Have used or are very hands-on with Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes, Gradle/Ant, Kafka, GIT/bitbucket in a very agile work place.
- Writing high quality code which is made better by unit tests and integration tests is how you work
- Comfortable with exploring proven open source tech stack like Grafana, Kibana, Jira, Prometheus, caches like Redis/Memcached, task queues like celery, to name a few
- Knowledge of test driven development and AWS tech stack will be a good plus
- 2 - 7 years of experience in building applications using C++ programming language.
- Comfortable with core programming concepts and techniques (e.g. concurrency, memory management).
- Enjoys working with algorithms and data structures (e.g. trees, hash maps, queues).
- Strong in Data structure and good in problem solving.
- Strong debugging skills.
- Certifying the application – White box testing, black box testing.