4-5 years of overall experience in software development.
- Experience on Hadoop (Apache/Cloudera/Hortonworks) and/or other Map Reduce Platforms
- Experience on Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Flume and/or Mahout
- Experience on NO-SQL – HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Hands on experience with Spark development, Knowledge of Storm, Kafka, Scala
- Good knowledge of Java
- Good background of Configuration Management/Ticketing systems like Maven/Ant/JIRA etc.
- Knowledge around any Data Integration and/or EDW tools is plus
- Good to have knowledge of using Python/Perl/Shell
Please note - Hbase hive and spark are must.
Position: Backend Engineer
- Design, maintain, and monitor infrastructure for data products
- Design and develop RESTful APIs for the data infrastructure
- Design, implement and drive adoption of new analytic technologies and solutions
- Work closely with data scientists, front end engineers and peers to gather requirements and develop solutions
- Handle and resolve issues escalated from the production operational environment.
- Troubleshoot performance, reliability, and scalability issues.
- Excellent Problem solving skills
- A Code Craftsman that follows best software development and coding practices delivering understandable and maintainable code with thorough unit tests coverage
- 2-4 years of development experience with Java, Scala, and/or Python
- Experience with writing and executing queries on RDBMS and NoSQL databases. Working knowledge of MongoDB, MySQL. We are not looking for a DBA.
- Familiar with standard development tools like version control systems (Subversion/Git), build tools like Grunt.
- Experience in virtualization technologies and deployment frameworks (familiarity with working on UNIX shell, Jenkins.)
- Bachelors or masters degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience working with Pylons Web Framework.
- Experience with the Berkeley Data Analytics Stack (Spark, SparkSQL, Spark Streaming)
- Experience with Storm, Hadoop, Kafka
- Experience with Cascading, Summingbird
- Experience with AWS EC2, Redshift, RDS, S3, Elastic MapReduce
- Experience with business intelligence (BI) platforms like Tableau, Pentaho, Looker
About CK-12 Foundation
CK-12’s mission is to provide free access to open-source content and technology tools that empower students as well as teachers to enhance and experiment with different learning styles, resources, levels of competence, and circumstances.
To achieve this noble and ambitious vision, we at CK-12 are challenging traditional model of education to transform it dramatically. Technology has opened up lots of opportunities to revolutionize education for the benefit of students, teachers and parents.
We have chosen to be non-profit so that we can effectively realize our mission and so that we can do the right thing! It also provides us the ability to experiment big and bold ideas. CK-12 is backed by Vinod Khosla, a renowned technology venture capitalist.
At CK-12, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, innovative and non bureaucratic environment where you will get a lot of cool things done than you ever imagined! We are a small group of passionate folks who are determined to disrupt the current form of education. We came together from companies such as Apple, eBay, Amazon, McGraw-Hill, and startups.
Technology is key to scale education and we deeply believe in it. Come develop great solutions on our cloud based (AWS) AI-first platform delivering rich and interactive content.
Does our mission, people and technologies excite you? If the answer is YES! and you are a great technologist who will challenge status-quo (no order takers please!) by innovating, please come join us! Together, we will change the world!
Check out how CK-12 is making an impact in teaching and learning - https://www.ck12info.org/about/testimonials/
Jar is a daily gold savings app that lets users save money by taking spare change from their online transactions and investing it in digital gold automatically. Jar is the first Made in India app to come up with an innovative solution to save money daily and invest automatically in digital gold for the best gold rate. We want to help millions of Indians rediscover the undeniable, cumulative advantages of saving every single day. To know more about the company: bit.ly/workatjar
- As a Backend Engineer, you will design and build server-side components that run seamlessly on Jar, design and implement infrastructure, and more.
- You will partner with Fullstack engineers to build high-performance REST & WebSocket APIs to power our frontend experiences.
- Perform data analysis and troubleshoot technical issues with platforms, performance, data discrepancies, production environment.
- As an early engineer, work with the team to create and foster a culture of raising the bar with each new hire.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in writing secure, efficient, high-quality code and have a good understanding of CS fundamentals.
- Experience with technologies like GraphQL, MongoDB, Postgres, Elasticsearch, Node.js, and other server-side technologies, etc.
- Experience with Implementation of services in a micro-service architecture.
- Familiarity with Big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka.
- Demonstrated interest in open and community-driven platforms.
✨ Good to have
- Experience with building fintech products
- Experience building and scaling applications on public cloud infrastructure (Docker, AWS/GCP, Kubernetes, Mesos, etc.)
- Experience in the development of large, distributed software systems
- A Background in Computer Science
💥 You’ll be in a rewarding company
- Work with cutting-edge technology and unchartered territory.
- Competitive salary and compelling stock options offerings.
- An international team of highly skilled and motivated colleagues, to help You succeed and push boundaries.
- Flexible working hours, training resources, and a company culture that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, and lots of fun along the way.
- Opportunity to have a major impact on the future of the company.
Be Part Of Building The Future
Dremio is the Data Lake Engine company. Our mission is to reshape the world of analytics to deliver on the promise of data with a fundamentally new architecture, purpose-built for the exploding trend towards cloud data lake storage such as AWS S3 and Microsoft ADLS. We dramatically reduce and even eliminate the need for the complex and expensive workarounds that have been in use for decades, such as data warehouses (whether on-premise or cloud-native), structural data prep, ETL, cubes, and extracts. We do this by enabling lightning-fast queries directly against data lake storage, combined with full self-service for data users and full governance and control for IT. The results for enterprises are extremely compelling: 100X faster time to insight; 10X greater efficiency; zero data copies; and game-changing simplicity. And equally compelling is the market opportunity for Dremio, as we are well on our way to disrupting a $25BN+ market.
About the Role
The Dremio India team owns the DataLake Engine along with Cloud Infrastructure and services that power it. With focus on next generation data analytics supporting modern table formats like Iceberg, Deltalake, and open source initiatives such as Apache Arrow, Project Nessie and hybrid-cloud infrastructure, this team provides various opportunities to learn, deliver, and grow in career. We are looking for innovative minds with experience in leading and building high quality distributed systems at massive scale and solving complex problems.
Responsibilities & ownership
- Lead, build, deliver and ensure customer success of next-generation features related to scalability, reliability, robustness, usability, security, and performance of the product.
- Work on distributed systems for data processing with efficient protocols and communication, locking and consensus, schedulers, resource management, low latency access to distributed storage, auto scaling, and self healing.
- Understand and reason about concurrency and parallelization to deliver scalability and performance in a multithreaded and distributed environment.
- Lead the team to solve complex and unknown problems
- Solve technical problems and customer issues with technical expertise
- Design and deliver architectures that run optimally on public clouds like GCP, AWS, and Azure
- Mentor other team members for high quality and design
- Collaborate with Product Management to deliver on customer requirements and innovation
- Collaborate with Support and field teams to ensure that customers are successful with Dremio
- B.S./M.S/Equivalent in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent experience
- Fluency in Java/C++ with 8+ years of experience developing production-level software
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, multi-threaded and asynchronous programming models, and their use in developing distributed and scalable systems
- 5+ years experience in developing complex and scalable distributed systems and delivering, deploying, and managing microservices successfully
- Hands-on experience in query processing or optimization, distributed systems, concurrency control, data replication, code generation, networking, and storage systems
- Passion for quality, zero downtime upgrades, availability, resiliency, and uptime of the platform
- Passion for learning and delivering using latest technologies
- Ability to solve ambiguous, unexplored, and cross-team problems effectively
- Hands on experience of working projects on AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with containers and Kubernetes for orchestration and container management in private and public clouds (AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud)
- Understanding of distributed file systems such as S3, ADLS, or HDFS
- Excellent communication skills and affinity for collaboration and teamwork
- Ability to work individually and collaboratively with other team members
- Ability to scope and plan solution for big problems and mentors others on the same
- Interested and motivated to be part of a fast-moving startup with a fun and accomplished team
Spark / Scala experience should be more than 2 years.
Combination with Java & Scala is fine or we are even fine with Big Data Developer with strong Core Java Concepts. - Scala / Spark Developer.
Strong proficiency Scala on Spark (Hadoop) - Scala + Java is also preferred
Complete SDLC process and Agile Methodology (Scrum)
Version control / Git
- You will be responsible for design, development and testing of Products
- Contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Some of the technologies you will be working on: Core Java, Solr, Hadoop, Spark, Elastic search, Clustering, Text Mining, NLP, Mahout and Lucene etc.